Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432656 times)

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
Re: Manchester City
« Reply #280 on: May 14, 2011, 11:02:28 pm »
Kompany is boss, such a shame he plays for a team without any tradition.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: May 14, 2011, 11:08:42 pm »
Man Utd fans gathered outside the Manchester City Club store at Arndale in Manchester, chanting at the shop!?

WTF HAHA

Probably singing about us..............

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: May 14, 2011, 11:30:53 pm »
Looks like mancini's safe now. So where does Rafa go now?
he can wait for a few more months for that job to become open...

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #283 on: May 15, 2011, 12:40:24 am »
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has stated he knows people at Eastlands that have told him one or two signings have already been made that will 'blow your brains out'
Courtney Love?

Top, top answer  :lmao :champ
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #284 on: May 15, 2011, 03:27:55 am »
Them winning the FA Cup means even if we lose against Spurs and Villa, we qualify for europe next season?
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #285 on: May 15, 2011, 03:54:54 am »
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #286 on: May 15, 2011, 06:02:40 am »
Them winning the FA Cup means even if we lose against Spurs and Villa, we qualify for europe next season?
How would that work out? City have a CL place. They won the FA Cup as well, so Stoke will qualify for Europa as the losing finalist. Birmingham have already qualified. Thus there's only one spot remaining and that is 5th.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #287 on: May 15, 2011, 06:10:21 am »
How would that work out? City have a CL place. They won the FA Cup as well, so Stoke will qualify for Europa as the losing finalist. Birmingham have already qualified. Thus there's only one spot remaining and that is 5th.

Okey.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #288 on: May 15, 2011, 06:13:24 am »
I'm glad he's safe, as they won't the title with him in charge. He's far to negative a manager.

Yep too negative, his past record in Italy proves that. Totally incapable of winning the league , Mancini. Rafa will have to wait a little longer for his job.

What can 'negative football' do for you?

Hint hint , Moronho , league titles , Champions League , UEFA cup, domestic cups.. Etc etc... blah blah...
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2011, 07:22:19 am »
http://mcfc.co.uk/News/FA-Cup-countdown/2011/May/Bluffers-guide-to-City

I've just been sent that link. I don't know what to say.

And that's on the official site!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2011, 07:32:27 am »
An FA cup and champions league place means Manicini  has done a  very good job, all things considered.

There's no lack of resources there, but neither is there a lack of wankers who wouldn't be there apart from the crazy wages there on.

I know Toure is supposedly  on crazy money but I'd have him in the Liverpool team in heatbeat if we could afford him. These days I'd rate him much higher than the off the boil Essien.

http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2011, 09:31:19 am »
And that's on the official site!

It's quality, proper funny.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2011, 11:32:05 am »

Yep too negative, his past record in Italy proves that. Totally incapable of winning the league , Mancini. Rafa will have to wait a little longer for his job.

Hint hint , Moronho , league titles , Champions League , UEFA cup, domestic cups.. Etc etc... blah blah...

He was at Inter after the Italian football scandal, they had every top player in that league begging to play for them whilst all the other top team where weakened after the scandal. His tactics are suited to the Italian league because it's a negative league. Mourinho is negative but Mancini is twice as negative. Mancini against the top teams away from home has gone for a draw every time this season. The only time he did attack was Chelsea away last year and look what happened .I stand by that he is to negative to win this league.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:22:38 pm by El Ninos Black Eye »
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2011, 11:34:01 am »

Yep too negative, his past record in Italy proves that. Totally incapable of winning the league , Mancini.

I could have won that Italian league with the competition there was (ie NONE)
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2011, 03:29:39 pm »
I could have won that Italian league with the competition there was (ie NONE)

I hate to be the one to point this out, but Rafa failed at the winning the same league and with a better side.

I don't rate Mancini that greatly either, but let's not belittle his achievements.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2011, 03:37:58 pm »
I'm glad he's safe, as they won't the title with him in charge. He's far to negative a manager.

Dunno about that, and he knows how to win a title in a big league.

I think what'll hold them back is their scatter gun shit everywhere, buy a million strikers every year approach to the transfer market.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2011, 03:38:23 pm »
I hate to be the one to point this out, but Rafa failed at the winning the same league and with a better side.

Yer what?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2011, 04:06:39 pm »

Yes because even Mourinho won the league in HALF A FUCKING SEASON!
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2011, 05:29:21 pm »
Man Utd fans gathered outside the Manchester City Club store at Arndale in Manchester, chanting at the shop!?

WTF HAHA

They trashed it apparently. Guy near me on the coach has a daughter that works there and they chased all the staff downstairs and they locked themselves in the back room, so they had the shop to themselves for a bit until the Police arrived.

About 100 of them, probably dressed like the ones outside Rooneys house.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:31:11 pm by mcfc1 »

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2011, 07:10:15 pm »
Dunno about that, and he knows how to win a title in a big league.

I think what'll hold them back is their scatter gun shit everywhere, buy a million strikers every year approach to the transfer market.
As I said earlier he won his first title by default. Then with Juve being relegated and Milan being involved as well all the top players came to Inter. His managerial style is also suited to the negative Italian league.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2011, 07:26:38 pm »
They trashed it apparently. Guy near me on the coach has a daughter that works there and they chased all the staff downstairs and they locked themselves in the back room, so they had the shop to themselves for a bit until the Police arrived.

About 100 of them, probably dressed like the ones outside Rooneys house.

how has that not appeared in the papers?

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2011, 02:06:13 am »
The moment Man City fans fell in love with their new celebration:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjDwa3HGjrE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KjDwa3HGjrE</a>
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2011, 02:52:06 am »

Mourinho changes his tactics based on opposition though . Madrid went to Valencia and won 6-2 . I cant ever imagine Manchini's team ever doing similarly in an away game .

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2011, 04:52:08 am »
SMD - that video is fantastic!!!!  Bunch of muppets Manchester City fans sometimes!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2011, 05:45:45 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjDwa3HGjrE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KjDwa3HGjrE</a>

Mancs are classy fans FACT!!!

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2011, 06:52:25 am »
to be perfectly honest, City play some very good football on the ground at home at times.

watched their game on tuesday, and they were fantastic

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2011, 11:07:31 am »
Their owner has come out and said that City will not be spending a large amount of money in the summer and that their activity will be much smaller than the previous two years.

This could be because of the FFP rules, more than likely he's put this out so they don't get shafted on fees. 

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2011, 11:14:03 am »

classic video...

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2011, 11:19:58 am »

:lmao :lmao Epic
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2011, 11:27:31 am »
to be perfectly honest, City play some very good football on the ground at home at times.

You would hope so with £250 million spent.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2011, 11:28:45 am »

:lmao
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2011, 11:30:29 am »

Embarrassing.

So so so embarrassing.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2011, 11:39:17 am »
City's FA Cup win and CL finish throws down a huge challenge to FSG. Good players, well managed, in time will produce good results, and in recent years they have secured the services of several players who would have been welcome at Anfield.

The extent to which FSG are prepared to financially take on stadium revenues at Arsenal/Man u which are double ours, and owner wealth at Chelsea/Man City which dwarf ours, will determine our forthcoming fortunes.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2011, 11:51:10 am »
City's FA Cup win and CL finish throws down a huge challenge to FSG. Good players, well managed, in time will produce good results, and in recent years they have secured the services of several players who would have been welcome at Anfield.

The extent to which FSG are prepared to financially take on stadium revenues at Arsenal/Man u which are double ours, and owner wealth at Chelsea/Man City which dwarf ours, will determine our forthcoming fortunes.

We have a very tough job on our hands and your 2nd paragraph says it all. As much as I believe in Kenny we are ultimately starting on a level further back than those clubs in terms of squad quality/depth and are financially weaker as well (maybe). Not going to be easy.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2011, 08:25:59 am »
Tevez: I want to leave Man City

Manchester City skipper Carlos Tevez has told Argentinian radio that he is seeking a move away from the club as he needs "a change of scene".

Tevez, 27, has played an integral part in City's success this season and after helping the club end their 35-year trophy drought with victory in the FA Cup last Saturday, manager Roberto Mancini insisted the former Manchester United man was staying at Eastlands.

"Carlos has told me he wants to stay," Mancini said. ''I have spoken with him many times in the last 20 days and my opinion is he will stay. He has a five-year contract and has told us he wants to stay. He said that before. He never had any problem."

Tevez initially concurred with Mancini's assessment, claiming the chance to overhaul former club United provided him with a great incentive to stay.

But the striker, who handed in a transfer request in December before later withdrawing it, appears to have once again made up his mind that a new challenge is what he requires.

"I want to leave Manchester City," Tevez told Radio del Plata. "Football has changed a lot for me and I don't know if I will even make it to the next World Cup.

"And that has nothing to do with whether I'm selected or not. I've been treated very well here and I'm grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."

The likes of Inter Milan and Real Madrid have been linked with the Argentina ace, who is believed to have turned down a massive new deal from City worth £300,000 earlier in the season.

Tevez's 20 goals this term have fired City into the Champions League for the first time in their history and his brace against Stoke on Tuesday has helped put the club on the brink of automatic qualification for the group stage of the competition ahead of Arsenal.

As well as interest from Italy and Spain, Tevez's former club Boca Juniors are reportedly ready to offer him a chance to return to his homeland, though the forward admitted the Argentinian side may not be able to afford him.

"To go back to Boca Juniors would be beautiful but it is very difficult," Tevez said. "I spoke to their midfielder Roman Riquelme and, messing around, we agreed I would go back one day. But if we're speaking seriously, financial issues would make my return difficult."

If City agree to let their prized asset go, his last game could be this Sunday's trip to Bolton and his last action could be to win the Premier League top scorer's crown - Tevez is currently level on 20 goals with Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/921560/manchester-city-captain-carlos-tevez-seeks-eastlands-exit?cc=5739
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2011, 08:37:05 am »
Tevez: I want to leave Man City

Manchester City skipper Carlos Tevez has told Argentinian radio that he is seeking a move away from the club as he needs "a change of scene".

Tevez, 27, has played an integral part in City's success this season and after helping the club end their 35-year trophy drought with victory in the FA Cup last Saturday, manager Roberto Mancini insisted the former Manchester United man was staying at Eastlands.

"Carlos has told me he wants to stay," Mancini said. ''I have spoken with him many times in the last 20 days and my opinion is he will stay. He has a five-year contract and has told us he wants to stay. He said that before. He never had any problem."

Tevez initially concurred with Mancini's assessment, claiming the chance to overhaul former club United provided him with a great incentive to stay.

But the striker, who handed in a transfer request in December before later withdrawing it, appears to have once again made up his mind that a new challenge is what he requires.

"I want to leave Manchester City," Tevez told Radio del Plata. "Football has changed a lot for me and I don't know if I will even make it to the next World Cup.

"And that has nothing to do with whether I'm selected or not. I've been treated very well here and I'm grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."

The likes of Inter Milan and Real Madrid have been linked with the Argentina ace, who is believed to have turned down a massive new deal from City worth £300,000 earlier in the season.

Tevez's 20 goals this term have fired City into the Champions League for the first time in their history and his brace against Stoke on Tuesday has helped put the club on the brink of automatic qualification for the group stage of the competition ahead of Arsenal.

As well as interest from Italy and Spain, Tevez's former club Boca Juniors are reportedly ready to offer him a chance to return to his homeland, though the forward admitted the Argentinian side may not be able to afford him.

"To go back to Boca Juniors would be beautiful but it is very difficult," Tevez said. "I spoke to their midfielder Roman Riquelme and, messing around, we agreed I would go back one day. But if we're speaking seriously, financial issues would make my return difficult."

If City agree to let their prized asset go, his last game could be this Sunday's trip to Bolton and his last action could be to win the Premier League top scorer's crown - Tevez is currently level on 20 goals with Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/921560/manchester-city-captain-carlos-tevez-seeks-eastlands-exit?cc=5739

Is there a club that needs Tevez and is willing to pay 50 mil for him as well as his wages ? very much doubt it .

Offline boloyev

• twat
  • Main Stander
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2011, 08:42:03 am »
i still think they are pretty average

tevez will leave.. people will soon realise that David Silva is not really that decisive.. they looked horrid against Kiev, expect such a performance @ UCL next year when they face a different type of football than that of the premier league.

overrated squad and manager.. yaya is boss though

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2011, 08:42:42 am »
The problem with Tevez is that he changes as often as the British weather. He's never going to be a player any club can depend on because, at any given moment either he or his agent will go to the papers and claim to be unsettled or needing something different. He's a half-decent player - but, he's a fickle little tool.
Blank.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2011, 08:52:08 am »
He'll be 30 when the next world cup rolls around so i reckon he's worried. Although at 30 he may still be world class. Doesn't like England or something. I guess he has enough money now to live there comfortably so wages won't matter to him. God knows how he will get out of his contract.

I almost admire him for not caring about wages (or so i assume). I mean he has enough to live in comfort in Argentina so i doubt wages will be a big issue. Mostly because Boca won't be able to pay him anything close to what he is on now. Normally you see players getting greedy and trying to get more and more.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2011, 08:52:27 am »
Their owner has come out and said that City will not be spending a large amount of money in the summer and that their activity will be much smaller than the previous two years.

This could be because of the FFP rules, more than likely he's put this out so they don't get shafted on fees.

Ya they have publicly said they will only sign 2 players . But the problem the 2 players are probably going to be Sanchez and a 20 mil CB . Hardly going help them comply with FFP .Is it ?