Author Topic: Liverpool vs Southampton (FA Cup Fifth Round) - 20:00, Wednesday 28th February  (Read 20398 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Van Dijk playing feels like a massive risk. Hopefully the plan is to get him off at HT and bring Gomez in.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
The draw is at 7 so I guess if we/Southampton end up getting Abu Dhabi away we can just change the team drastically. Arsed with that

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Van Dijk playing feels like a massive risk. Hopefully the plan is to get him off at HT and bring Gomez in.
Agreed, if that leaks true he'll probably come off at half time (I reckon for Konate). And Gomez on for Bradley around 60ish mins

I feel a bit bad for Elliot, so rarely starts after in midfield after his performances earn it - then when the start comes it's either out of position or after he's cramped up from running a marathon nonstop over 120 minutes. Guess that could explain why he was held out from the Brentford game for as long as he was (feels like an age ago), so he has slightly fewer miles on the clock than Endo for example.

Offline jj2005

• Kemlynite
That starting 11 as an average age of 22. 😳

Let's not go down that road again!

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
If VVD starts the intention is then pretty clear - to win the match and go through the next round. To lead and inspire the young 'uns to another against-the-odds victory. But will expect VVD to be taken off at half time, and not a moment too late.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
Could go to extra time. Might be planned for Gomez to come on at halftime
Yeah I think Bradley does 60 and Gomez comes on. Possibly the same with Kostas and Robbo.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
It's really important to manage the minutes of younger players. I know Harvey is practically a veteran at this point compared to some of our other lads ;D but we've all seen young players break from overuse.

On the flip side, Trent was a regular at the same age, but he was playing in a far more settled side. It's difficult to rotate when we're down to the bear bones, but we need players who can make an impact and potentially change the game. It makes sense to bench a few after that marathon final.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
Clearly some risk, but I think VVD will back himself to be able to 'manage' his effort in a game like this. The reassurance he'll give to the kids will be massive. And to be fair Bradley, Quansah, VVD and Kostas is a pretty decent back four to give the others a good platform.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
whats the bench likely to look like?

Offline Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
This is the team according to the guy that leaks it:

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns

Does he predict the bench as well?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns

I would love to see Koumas given a chance. I think the likes of VVD and Bradley will both come off before the end to be honest.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns
I hope it's a deliberate plant by the management team and they out the mole.

That said, if it's correct then it's a strong line-up.  The back five is a very good foundation to build off.  Presumably at least a couple of them will have pre-planned substitutions - maybe Gomez, Robbo and Konate taking 45 minutes each.  Perhaps Kostas might even get one half over at right back.

I always liked Jason Koumas as a footballer - half a yard of pace off being a top tier player - so quite excited about seeing what his lad looks like in grown up football.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Cannot wait! It’ll be a cracker.

Bit OT but I found out there won’t be any bus service available for us to get to the JLA on early Friday morning (3.30am). Any fellow red who could give me and my brother lift from Anfield area to JLA? We’ll pay of course  :D
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I would love to see Koumas given a chance. I think the likes of VVD and Bradley will both come off before the end to be honest.
Agreed Jill. And Elliot and Gakpo

Would leave one substitute available [barring more and more first half injury subs..] to replace one of the others if they're really flagging - which has to be a pretty high possibility for the teenagers playing adult football. And we don't tend to like to use the 5th sub until later/essential

Tsimikas is going to have to play the 90, that much is for sure, if we want to protect the senior squad

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Does he predict the bench as well?

The correct Cup Final line-up was doing the rounds before midnight on Saturday - but he/they got the bench completely wrong (Mo, Nunez, Szoboszlai)......I got tonight's predicted line-up at around 6pm last night, - but no mention of the bench this time....so without wishing to sound like Columbo, they may have been trying to out the mole with Sunday's leak...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
The biggest news would be having the three injured lads available on the bench.

They will need minutes to be fit for City. Throwing them straight in at Forest wouldn’t be ideal.

Feels mad we have six games before international break.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 10:38:12 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The biggest news would be having the three injured lads available on the bench.

They will need minutes to be fit for City. Throwing them straight in at Forest wouldn’t be ideal.
Not negating the rest of your point, but Nunez definitely doesn't need minutes. He's not had a long spell on the sidelines away from competitive games.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Not negating the rest of your point, but Nunez definitely doesn't need minutes. He's not had a long spell on the sidelines away from competitive games.

He hasn’t and nor has Mo really but it would be a risk to throw them straight in at Forest if they are actually fit (I still think they are injured).
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
So if we get through the Everton league games gets moved. Does that mean the 6th Round of the cup would be on that 17th March weekend?

So before the international break, which is what we seem to be hoping to crawl towards before we get some cavalry back we have:

Southampton
Forest
Sparta Prague
City
Sparta Prague
Everton/FA Cup 6th round

Then 2 weeks before our next game (Brighton at home)

Is that right?

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
So if we get through the Everton league games gets moved. Does that mean the 6th Round of the cup would be on that 17th March weekend?

So before the international break, which is what we seem to be hoping to crawl towards before we get some cavalry back we have:

Southampton
Forest
Sparta Prague
City
Sparta Prague
Everton/FA Cup 6th round

Then 2 weeks before our next game (Brighton at home)

Is that right?

That’s right.

But the fit players will all be off on international duty too so no let up.

I saw Brighton have confirmed Mitoma out for season plus they have another load of injuries.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
That’s right.

But the fit players will all be off on international duty too so no let up.

I saw Brighton have confirmed Mitoma out for season plus they have another load of injuries.

Surely plenty of injured/recovering players won’t go and you’d hope so common sense could be applied with the likes of Robbo who’s just coming back from injury.

Was Mitoma crocked from that Holgate tackle the other week?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He hasn’t and nor has Mo really but it would be a risk to throw them straight in at Forest if they are actually fit (I still think they are injured).
Mo's only played the Brentford minutes since 18 January, so think would require a bit more time to get to his usual levels than Nunez

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
whats the bench likely to look like?

Daniel Craig.
Razor Ruddock.
Melanie C
and The Chuckle Brother who is still alive.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
we need some players to pull out of international duty
south americans cant.
But the european players we need to Salah too

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Daniel Craig.
Razor Ruddock.
Melanie C

Surely you'd have Chris de Burgh in there.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ruddock

• Main Stander
Daniel Craig.
Razor Ruddock.
Melanie C

Sorry, I'm not match fit at the moment.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Surely you'd have Chris de Burgh in there.

Plays for Liverpool Ladies, sings the theme tune as well.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns

If VVD picks up an injury you’ll have some posters saying there is nothing we could do….

With Gomez having played less minutes than him against Chelsea there’s no reason to start VVD.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Plays for Liverpool Ladies, sings the theme tune as well.

A spaceman came travelling?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the OP jack.
Despite it predicted to be cold, miserable and wet I'm looking forward to this. I'm taking my youngest daughter, she hasn't been since we beat Derby on pens in the League Cup in 2022 so she'll probably jinx tonight for a late dramatic ending again.

It's about being in the ground though.
Soaking up the delight everyone is getting from Jurgen's Reds.
Absorbing every final moment of Klopps reign.
Celebrating in hope.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully draw Cov (away please) or Leicester and then get safely through this, would be a perfect day.

Offline Xabi Lad

• Boys Pen
The quarter final draw is at 7pm tonight so will know potential opponents ahead of kick off.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Daniel Craig.
Razor Ruddock.
Melanie C

I think Paul Chuckle's cup tied.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns

I can get behind that team. It's the defence I would play bar Van Dijk, would probably prefer Gomez getting a run out at centre half for the first time in ages (I can't really remember if he's played there other than Newcastle/Villa earlier in the season). Midfield is inexperienced at this level but would have confidence in them performing well especially after Sunday, and for me we need Gakpo in there for a bit of seniority, plus didn't exactly put the greatest shift of all time in on Sunday.

Got to remember not all those starters will do 90 minutes either, we should have a stronger bench this evening if Salah/Nunez make it. Hopefully Southampton rotate to give us an even better chance of making it through. If that's the team we go with from the start I fancy us to get it done.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
If VVD picks up an injury you’ll have some posters saying there is nothing we could do….

With Gomez having played less minutes than him against Chelsea there’s no reason to start VVD.
Assuming the senior players that start only do the first half then there's a reasonable chance that the senior players that come on will end up with more minutes due to extra-time.  Presumably though we'll shove Kelleher up-front for the last five minutes if it's level to force a result either way.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
You’d think if that’s the team it’ll be 45 each for Virgil and Joe probably. Still fairly hopeful we can get this won in normal time by a goal or two
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
Something like this.

Kelleher

Bradley          Gomez          Quansah          Tsimikas

Clark          Mac Allister         McConnell

Gordon          Danns         Gakpo

Subs: Adrian, Robertson, Scanlon, van Djik, Nyoni, Elliott, Kone-Doherty, Koumas, Diaz

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really hope Kaide Gordon is available - hard to tell if it was choice/injury that led to him not being in the wembley squad

It won't happen, but really like Flapjacks' lineup above (except get Mac Allister to the bench, with Nyoni/Koumas/Kone-Doherty playing as an 8).

Alternatively, Gakpo could play the 8 and almost any of the youth could take up the advanced role - just if we're wary of not having adult bodies in the midfield 3

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Really hope Kaide Gordon is available - hard to tell if it was choice/injury that led to him not being in the wembley squad

It won't happen, but really like Flapjacks' lineup above (except get Mac Allister to the bench, with Nyoni/Koumas/Kone-Doherty playing as an 8).

Alternatively, Gakpo could play the 8 and almost any of the youth could take up the advanced role - just if we're wary of not having adult bodies in the midfield 3

Yes, Kaide is another possibility although he seems to have fallen back a bit recently. But I would expect him to be at least on the bench with the likes of Nyoni.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"