Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - SPYIN' KOP - EFL Cup Final, Chelsea v Liverpool, 25th Feb, 15:00  (Read 24311 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Yep I’d imagine certainly Konate will start. Kind of hope Joe gets the start just because he’s been brilliant and deserves a big final start. But wouldn’t be surprised if was Robbo either, however he’d be better to bring on if we’re chasing the game
I think the width Robbo will give us is more important for this game.

Chelsea are likely to play a low block because they have quite a few players that aren't press resistant like Disasi, £115m Caicedo and Gallagher. So, we'll need width to strech them. They are really average for what they've spent.

Even if they choose to play an open game, Robbo's runs would give us an out ball (diagonal).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 01:45:54 pm by MonsLibpool »

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
I'm going for Konate to start alongside Virgil but wouldn't be surprised to see Quansah come on should it go to extra time and we have subs left. If I'm not mistaken Konate came on for Matip in extra time two years ago, then I think him and Virgil played the FA Cup final.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I'm going for Konate to start alongside Virgil but wouldn't be surprised to see Quansah come on should it go to extra time and we have subs left. If I'm not mistaken Konate came on for Matip in extra time two years ago, then I think him and Virgil played the FA Cup final.

Yeah Matip started and that goal disallowed for offside in the build up. Konate came on and slotted his penalty.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
If Nunez and Salah are fit I reckon there's a good chance Nunez starts.  He's not been out for long, just a little niggle.  Mo needs his comeback managing a bit more so will likely be on the bench.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
If Nunez and Salah are fit I reckon there's a good chance Nunez starts.  He's not been out for long, just a little niggle.  Mo needs his comeback managing a bit more so will likely be on the bench.

If Nunez starts and Salah is on the bench I'd be confident of tearing Chelsea a new one
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild

Game might go ET though and Gakpo deserves to start.

I'd rather Darwin at the end of the game only because of ET.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Game might go ET though and Gakpo deserves to start.

I'd rather Darwin at the end of the game only because of ET.
For a final,  the mentality has to be sealing it as early as possible especially in our situation.  We can't be lax and expect extra time.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
I do quite like the idea of having Darwin and Mo on the bench, to put the shits up Chelsea meaning they come out a bit more from the start and we just pick them off with Gakpo, Diaz and Harvey.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any news on their injuries?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Don’t think there was any more detail other than they (and Dom) may or may not be available for Sunday.

Ultimately suggests none of them are too far away at least
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan

Chelsea?

James, Fofana, Badiashile and Lavia out for sure. Silva and Cucurella maybe fit. Everyone else should be good.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Thanks Zlen.

I suppose that this is as good a time as any to play us as we have a lot of injuries. However, as we saw against Luton, the squad are determined to fight for the team and the manager. Even those who have not played much first team football have stepped up.

As with most games, getting control of midfield will be important and I think Endo, Mac Allister and Gravenberch will dominate. Mac Allister has been getting better and better and is one of our most consistent players.

Our defence has been solid and Gomez, Bradley and Quansah have been excellent.

Diaz will play out of his skin especially if his dad is in the stands. Elliott had a brilliant 2nd half against Luton and ran himself to exhaustion.

If we start a similar team to the one that started against Luton then I’ll be happy as we’ll have Robertson, Konate and maybe Nunez and Salah to come on if needed.

Our squad depth is so good now that we can maintain a very high standard even with so many injuries.

The one thing that will help us to win is the determination to succeed. The squad are ready to win more trophies and I expect us to overcome Chelsea.
#JFT97

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don’t think there was any more detail other than they (and Dom) may or may not be available for Sunday.

Ultimately suggests none of them are too far away at least
Chelsea?

James, Fofana, Badiashile and Lavia out for sure. Silva and Cucurella maybe fit. Everyone else should be good.
yep, was referring to their injuries :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Darwin’s smiling. We’re going to win

A bigger pitch means bigger goals surely, he’ll net about 5

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.

That will happen I'm sure of it. Don't know if it will be Sunday but before this season is out it wouldn't surprise me if one game he has like 14 shots and scores 7 of them  ;D

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

Depends if it’s got bigger goals as well.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Certainly should mean more space for him to run in to
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Poch "After Liverpool, the result was completely unfair because if you watch the game, there were a few penalty [decisions] which would have changed the game."

Fuck me its normally the preserve of fans to talk utter shite

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Poch "After Liverpool, the result was completely unfair because if you watch the game, there were a few penalty [decisions] which would have changed the game."

I guess that is one way of looking at it.
Another way would be that if Nunez didn't have his weird crossbar-challenge day - it could have been 10 for Liverpool.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Another way would be that if Nunez didn't have his weird crossbar-challenge day - it could have been 10 for Liverpool.
I believe it’s what is commonly known as ‘clutching at straws’

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Even if they'd scored first, we'd still have tonked them.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
Makes sense, selling off all their homegrown talent

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Nice one Zlen. Thanks for that!
YWNA

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Thanks for tat...love the spyin kops!
Caps responder was hilarious

Injuries make this harder to determine who's gonna win. If we can get salah and nunez on the pitch that helps.....its a final....against chelsea, so its guaranteed to be a tense and boring affair.

Any win will do, preferably with no ET or added injuries!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's Liverpool in a final. We don;t do boring and routine final wins.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Vastly different to what he said immediately after the game where he appeared to acknowledge they were lucky to even be second best, despite the penalty shouts when asked.

Their bulldog fans no doubt didn’t take too well to it

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
he's right. they were robbed  ;D

clearly refs are on our side this season! because jota got some questionable pen one game or summin

with salah/nunez....i hope we keep both on the bench to be able to unleash later. I'd be happy with the attack that started against luton to carry on here...would be nice to have both of them as options when chelsea tire
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Cheers Zlen!

Great to see the Spyin is back. There's some work in getting that sorted. Appreciated.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Very excited about this.

Nice to see Nunez and Mo in the pictures.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool TV showing the full 2022 final right now. On its youtube as well, where you get the added feature of a whole load of “Free Palestine” comments in the comments section.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
Cup Final. 3 pages. Shows how far we've come
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
Stupid, vile motherfuckers.

She deffo is dead.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Nice op zlen. Great to see that.

Sure they will run us close if they actually try like they did against city but the end of the day we should take them down. Hopefully we get enough players healthy to put 11 out there.

Lets just see if we can beat our total shirt number number of 522 from Wed and still win  ;D  Its gonna be tough assuming Konate plays, unless Quansah comes on to see things out at some point.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Cup Final. 3 pages. Shows how far we've come
It’s only been up just over 24 hours and there’s two days to go. Think it’s doing good business in comparison to most previews especially when there’s a lot of talk in the injury and next manager threads

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for that Zlen, nice to Spyin' Kop make return.
I always enjoyed reading them - or at least did when the responders played nice, which they seem to have done on this one.

I did like this comment:
He is probably the best manager we have had since Tuchel still.

Talk about damning with faint praise!
I had to go back and check I hadn't imagined Tuchel being so recent - he left less than a year before Poch's arrival.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
I'd love an easy final for once. I can't remember a final where it was straight forward as a 3-0 win.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
This game is sooo ending 0-0 just bank on it. May as well start the extra time already!
150 IQ never wrong.

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
I was incredibly confident going into this, now massively less so with it looking like Salah and Nunez being out.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
I was incredibly confident going into this, now massively less so with it looking like Salah and Nunez being out.

If we had one of them available it’d make a massive difference, however, with both out I can see Chelsea making it very difficult for us to get a goal. Have to rely on a set-piece maybe and no mistakes at the back.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one Zlen. That's a great OP and good to see Spyin' Kop return.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.