Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Burnley 1 Jota 30', O'Shea 45', Diaz 52' Darwin 79'  (Read 13791 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 v Burnley 1 Jota 30', O'Shea 45', Diaz 52' Darwin 79'
« Reply #360 on: February 11, 2024, 07:27:17 pm »
Why?

Who do you think used to date Mrs Robbo before Andy came along?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #361 on: February 11, 2024, 07:35:24 pm »
Who do you think used to date Mrs Robbo before Andy came along?

Dustin Hoffman?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2024, 07:37:16 pm »
 ;D

One of your better efforts lately Nicholas.  For too long you've recycled material.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2024, 07:39:06 pm »
Why?
Because I tend to gravitate more towards flair players. I have great respect for Robbo and I think people are taking what I’ve said in a way it wasn’t intended. I’ve tried to reason as to why I think there’s a potential future issue there, but it does seem to have riled people up. Never my intention, I appreciate all of Liverpool’s footballers but we have to be able to have a sensible discussion about them.

No one was - largely speaking - having an issue discussion Henderson’s shortcomings last season. A forum is here for debate. Happy to give my reasoning but I don’t want to drag this thread into an argument about our left back options when we found a way to get the job done despite not playing brilliantly.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #364 on: February 11, 2024, 07:39:40 pm »
;D

One of your better efforts lately Nicholas.  For too long you've recycled material.

How dare you.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: February 11, 2024, 07:40:58 pm »
You are like the Robbo of RAWK puns. For a while you were great...

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #366 on: February 11, 2024, 07:48:12 pm »
You are like the Robbo of RAWK puns. For a while you were great...

There’s come a time in everyone’s career where they have to be shipped off to pastures new to make way for young talent.

It’s why, from today, you will only find me posting on the Daily Mail comments section.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: February 11, 2024, 08:37:56 pm »
Because I tend to gravitate more towards flair players. I have great respect for Robbo and I think people are taking what I’ve said in a way it wasn’t intended. I’ve tried to reason as to why I think there’s a potential future issue there, but it does seem to have riled people up. Never my intention, I appreciate all of Liverpool’s footballers but we have to be able to have a sensible discussion about them.

No one was - largely speaking - having an issue discussion Henderson’s shortcomings last season. A forum is here for debate. Happy to give my reasoning but I don’t want to drag this thread into an argument about our left back options when we found a way to get the job done despite not playing brilliantly.
Fair enough mate.

If Alonso does get the job it will be interesting to see what he does with the squad. I remember when Klopp came in and there were a lot of people trying to match our players with Dortmund's and saying who our 'Kuba', or 'Lewandowski' or 'Kagawa' would be. I did see someone on another forum say that we could flip the team and Robbo would be the Frimpong and Trent would be the Grimaldo but I haven't really seen much of Leverkusen or know how they play. Let's see who we get first :D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2024, 08:48:31 pm »

definitely didn't need to explain it - was clear what you were getting at

give me posts like yours, talking about football and explaining reasoning over the shitty one liners that followed - highlight being the one referring to random 'others' as usual suspects, like they're milk monitor - any day

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #369 on: February 11, 2024, 09:45:02 pm »
A) no-one is forcing you stay on this forum if you don’t like what’s being posted.

B) no-one has asked you to police it.

You’re a good poster Gibbons so I know you don’t want good posters like DS (who genuinely understands football better than me and most of us) getting nonsense grief like ‘he’s a usual suspect’ when he makes perfectly reasonable posts giving an opinion about one of our players. None of it was harsh or overly negative and it contained genuine respect for Robertson. And I’ll keep pointing out the silliness of RAWK when I notice it, the anti discussion one liners are really boring and need calling out.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #370 on: February 12, 2024, 12:34:45 am »
Looked far better will Elliott on the pitch, if we can solve the conundrum of how and where to play him from the start wmhe will bcome some player.

Was made up for Nunez, bout time he scored a goal that relied on a bit of finesse, a deft touch instead of full power. Agree with the above 8 yellows if far too many especially when they are not fouls or trying to help the team. Hope he can just keep it together till Mo is back then we'll be ok.

Need to improve the way we start, but the main thing is we're finishing strongly in games. Hopefully we get a few back for Sat, gonna be a toughie.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: February 12, 2024, 06:33:24 am »
I’ve never been Robertson’s biggest fan - though respect how he’s maximised his game, but even prior to the injury at best he was inconsistent for 12 months prior.

I do think, if it’s Alonso, he will absolutely be needing a more technical fullback to play that role. And it’s fair to say that no one has put the miles in that Andy Robertson has. Grimaldo doesn’t suit our transfer profile, but I also don’t think Robertson is the modern full back that Alonso or Amorim would favour. Look at what Alonso expects of Frimpong on the other side.

I don’t love talking about replacing a club legend but also don’t think that talking about his decline is reactionary; we look far more convincing with Gomez at left back than we have defensively for 18 months in my mind. Robbo has his part to play still, but I do wonder if he’d be a high-profile victim of change in the summer.

I know he's made some changes to personnel, but hasn't it largely been accepted that Xabi has made a system to suit the players at his disposal, rather than being entirely wedded to any system in particular? With the fullbacks in particular, it seems strange to think his LB has to be a Grimaldo-clone while the RB has to be Frimpong, and thus they'll need replacing at Liverpool - particularly given our fullbacks are fairly well suited to that system (if he does want to maintain it) if the roles are flipped (Robbo's goalscoring limitations aside).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 06:36:29 am by Avens »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: February 12, 2024, 08:17:42 am »

definitely didn't need to explain it - was clear what you were getting at

give me posts like yours, talking about football and explaining reasoning over the shitty one liners that followed - highlight being the one referring to random 'others' as usual suspects, like they're milk monitor - any day

Ah would you stop. His post was came across as massively disrespectful and underappreciative for a player who played a pivotal part in us winning every trophy under the sun and will still prove to be a hugely important part of our team.

We ask loyalty for players, some of you in tems of reciprocation are a disgrace in that regard.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: February 12, 2024, 08:55:44 am »
Ah would you stop. His post was came across as massively disrespectful and underappreciative for a player who played a pivotal part in us winning every trophy under the sun and will still prove to be a hugely important part of our team.

We ask loyalty for players, some of you in tems of reciprocation are a disgrace in that regard.

Here it is, people can judge for themselves whether it's 'massively disrespectful and under appreciative'.

I’ve never been Robertson’s biggest fan - though respect how he’s maximised his game, but even prior to the injury at best he was inconsistent for 12 months prior.

I do think, if it’s Alonso, he will absolutely be needing a more technical fullback to play that role. And it’s fair to say that no one has put the miles in that Andy Robertson has. Grimaldo doesn’t suit our transfer profile, but I also don’t think Robertson is the modern full back that Alonso or Amorim would favour. Look at what Alonso expects of Frimpong on the other side.

I don’t love talking about replacing a club legend but also don’t think that talking about his decline is reactionary; we look far more convincing with Gomez at left back than we have defensively for 18 months in my mind. Robbo has his part to play still, but I do wonder if he’d be a high-profile victim of change in the summer.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #374 on: February 12, 2024, 09:09:23 am »
You’re a good poster Gibbons so I know you don’t want good posters like DS (who genuinely understands football better than me and most of us) getting nonsense grief like ‘he’s a usual suspect’ when he makes perfectly reasonable posts giving an opinion about one of our players. None of it was harsh or overly negative and it contained genuine respect for Robertson.
I don’t think it’s reasonable to start questioning the future of one of the best left backs in the modern era based of the back of his first game back after a dislocated shoulder (how did Salah perform when he came back from his?), especially when you start the post with “I’ve never been Robertson’s biggest fan”. That just smacks of having an axe to grind and using the vacuum of a new manager coming in to do it.

Saying stuff like “look what Alnoso expects from Frimpong on the other side” is equally disingenuous, you might as well say Robertson isn’t a Klopp type player as look what he expects from Trent on the other side (or vice versa when it comes to defending).

It was the same story when Klopp took over, players like Lallana, Henderson, Lovren etc were written off and Klopp would build the defence around Sakho and he’d play 4-2-3-1 like he did at Dortmund, none of it happened. Any manager coming in needs to be pragmatic and play a style that suits the players they’ve inherited and the league they’re in, not the other way round.

And I’ll keep pointing out the silliness of RAWK when I notice it, the anti discussion one liners are really boring and need calling out.
You keep fighting your moral crusade, this certainly makes the forum more exciting and a better reading experience……..
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: February 12, 2024, 09:17:56 am »
I don’t think it’s reasonable to start questioning the future of one of the best left backs in the modern era based of the back of his first game back after a dislocated shoulder (how did Salah perform when he came back from his?), especially when you start the post with “I’ve never been Robertson’s biggest fan”. That just smacks of having an axe to grind and using the vacuum of a new manager coming in to do it.

Saying stuff like “look what Alnoso expects from Frimpong on the other side” is equally disingenuous, you might as well say Robertson isn’t a Klopp type player as look what he expects from Trent on the other side (or vice versa when it comes to defending).

It was the same story when Klopp took over, players like Lallana, Henderson, Lovren etc were written off and Klopp would build the defence around Sakho and he’d play 4-2-3-1 like he did at Dortmund, none of it happened. Any manager coming in needs to be pragmatic and play a style that suits the players they’ve inherited and the league they’re in, not the other way round.
You keep fighting your moral crusade, this certainly makes the forum more exciting and a better reading experience……..

This is a disingenuous engagement with DS's post. He both admitted a potentially subjective bias against Robertson, which was open and up front AND he made the point that this isn't just a knee jerk thing on the basis of his return to injury but that prior to his injury he was inconsistent for 12 months.

Regarding the future, Robertson is pushing 30 and has a lot of miles on the clock. He may well prove that last season's form isn't his trajectory, like a bunch of our players have, but so far, because of his injury, he's not been able to do that.

As for your other points about Frimpong and what Klopp did, this is what it looks like to debate a point rather than fire off one liners.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #376 on: February 12, 2024, 09:20:34 am »
As for your other points about Frimpong and what Klopp did, this is what it looks like to debate a point rather than fire off one liners.
My reply perfectly ecapsulated what I needed to get across in a single line thanks.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: February 12, 2024, 09:21:59 am »
My reply perfectly ecapsulated what I needed to get across in a single line thanks.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was affirming what you were doing, which was substantively arguing the merits of DS's points with counter points. Apologies for not being clear.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: February 12, 2024, 09:38:07 am »
Thanks God CC and Knight are here!

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp