Author Topic: Liverpool FC filming unique documentary series - NO KLOPP CONSPIRACIES  (Read 2503 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-filming-unique-documentary-series

Filming is under way of a new multi-episodic documentary series about Liverpool Football Club, to be broadcast after the end of the 2023-24 season.

The exclusive production will delve into LFC’s rich history, its profound connection with its supporters, and provide first-hand insights into what makes the club, including its men’s and women’s teams, a success on and off the pitch.

It will give fans and viewers a unique insight into the club and will bring LFC’s story to a wider audience than ever before.

Cameras will follow Jürgen Klopp and his team throughout his final season at the club. The documentary will subtly capture the team in areas agreed by the manager and players, without encroaching on private spaces.

All this will be alongside an exploration of the club’s journey to the present day and the telling of human stories against the epic backdrop of Liverpool Football Club.

It will be filmed, directed and produced by Lorton Entertainment, the company responsible for the likes of the Diego Maradona movie, the Steven Gerrard film, Make Us Dream, on Amazon Prime, plus Coleen Rooney: The Real Wagatha Story on Disney+.

Speaking about the new documentary series, Klopp said: “With this being my final season I thought we should provide a rare opportunity for viewers to have more of an inside look at what makes this club so special: its people, from our fans to our players and those who work so hard behind the scenes, constantly in pursuit of success for Liverpool Football Club.

“Thanks to this new documentary series viewers will be able to see what I see every day at this great club, and understand those amazing people more.”

Drew Crisp, senior vice president of digital at LFC, added: “This exciting new multi-episodic documentary will be unique and show the real authentic side of the club.

“It will not only delve into its rich history and its unrivalled connection with its supporters, but will also explore what makes Liverpool Football Club succeed, on and off the pitch. We’re delighted to have the full backing of Jürgen and everyone across the club.

“This will be a football club documentary series like no other.”

Julian Bird, CEO, Lorton Entertainment, said: “This project will offer supporters an intimate glimpse into one of world football’s greatest institutions, delivering a comprehensive look at the present day and the club’s storied history.

“There’s no better place to film than behind the scenes at a Premier League giant – we know so many companies in our industry are desperate to work with a club of Liverpool’s stature. We’re eager to bring our expertise to the project, and can’t wait to see how this season develops on and off the pitch.”
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool FC filming unique documentary series - NO KLOPP CONSPIRACIES
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 01:37:14 pm »
Speaking about the new documentary series, Klopp said: “With this being my final season I thought we should provide a rare opportunity for viewers to have more of an inside look at what makes this club so special: its people, from our fans to our players and those who work so hard behind the scenes, constantly in pursuit of success for Liverpool Football Club.

“Klopp vetoed the approach from the Amazon All Or Nothing team as he believes there is nothing to be gained from fly-on-the-wall exposure and that people’s behaviour changes when they are on camera”.

Hmmm. I guess it comes down to editorial control. I can see them sticking their noses into his office to discuss how he's feeling and Jurgen goes "sure but first have you met Doris, our tea lady though, ask her about those biscuits" before disappearing down a corridor.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:41:10 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 01:38:19 pm »
Mate...

The documentary will subtly capture the team in areas agreed by the manager and players, without encroaching on private spaces.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 01:38:33 pm »

“Thanks to this new documentary series viewers will be able to see what I see every day at this great club, and understand those amazing people more."

I know he'll have okayed it but that doesn't sound like something he's actually said  ;D

A lot of people are dead against it and while I don't really see a need for it in my life I doubt it'll make any difference regarding what happens on the field.

Dave Kirkby will be frantically penning some new poems.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 01:40:32 pm »

“Klopp vetoed the approach from the Amazon All Or Nothing team as he believes there is nothing to be gained from fly-on-the-wall exposure and that people’s behaviour changes when they are on camera”.

Hmmm.

NO KLOPP CONSPIRACIES was put in the title for a reason.

He also changed his mind about spending £100m on a player, he's allowed to change his mind on this too.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 01:43:54 pm »
Mate...

Ah somehow filtered out that sentence. Probably due to my eye being drawn to the "Coleen Rooney: The Real Wagatha Story on Disney+" lurking below.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 01:45:08 pm »
I think it's pretty safe to say if Jurgen had said "film this and I quit" then the documentary wouldn't be happening.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2024, 01:45:42 pm »
Ah somehow filtered out that sentence. Probably due to my eye being drawn to the "Coleen Rooney: The Real Wagatha Story on Disney+" lurking below.

That did kind of leap out to me too ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2024, 01:52:53 pm »
NO KLOPP CONSPIRACIES was put in the title for a reason.
Wasn't making that insinuation, but can understand how you made that connection from what I wrote.

If it's like an extended version of Inside Anfield on the club's YT channel, then don't see any issue.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2024, 01:55:37 pm »
Also says that the Women's team will be filmed too. That was the rumour when this news first came out. Women's footie is big in the States as we know.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2024, 01:56:06 pm »
If Klopp and the club have given it their blessing then good for them. Plus if we are successful on the field then it will capture some incredible moments.

That being said, outside of maybe Wrexham, these kind of documentary shows have never ended up showing the successes.

Hopefully it will capture the fans perspectives alongside the inside of the club

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2024, 02:08:06 pm »
If it's like an extended version of Inside Anfield on the club's YT channel, then don't see any issue.

To be fair, it sounds exactly like that. And it has to be said, a lot of "behind the scenes" filming is already going on at the club for social media and/or LFC TV. We have videos from all the trophy-winning celebrations in the dressing room. We have loads of clips every week from what is going on at the training centre and elsewhere. If you look at Youtube, we have loads of clips of players and their first day at the club, including the likes of Virgil, Mo and Robbo, who have joined us ages ago. I think it can be concluded that Klopp might not be the biggest fan of this kind of stuff, but at the same time, he doesn't seem to have that big an issue with it as it has been going on for ages now. I would also imagine that Klopp has certain red-lines and they will be respected in this new thingy...

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2024, 02:21:14 pm »
This is going to be our version of The Last Dance.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2024, 02:43:28 pm »
Will we see what Colin Pascoe’s son is up to?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:45:46 pm by Lynx the saucy mynx »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2024, 04:51:34 pm »

So is Coleen Rooney: The Real Wagatha Story any good then?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2024, 04:58:37 pm »
They can suck my pipe.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2024, 05:02:51 pm »
Why has Klopp begun to speak like ChaptGPT or he has a speech writer telling him what to say?
Lol.

Anyway, hopefully this doesn’t screw up our trophy challenges.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2024, 05:06:07 pm »
They can suck my pipe.

Think that's one for the bloopers.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 2, 2024, 03:10:15 pm »
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1753335193794978272

Everything we know about #LFC's new TV documentary:

🎞️ Eight-episode series
🎞️ Disney+ early favourites to broadcast but no deal yet
🎞️ No cameras in dressing rooms
🎞️ Klopp had sign-off on project
🎞️ Producers realise 'Last Dance' potential

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 2, 2024, 03:22:32 pm »
No cameras in dressing rooms is great, wouldn't want to see it at all.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #20 on: February 3, 2024, 10:08:06 am »
Love the name and job title.

Drew Crisp, senior vice president of digital at LFC.

Makes you wonder how many presidents and vice presidents of Digital there are at the club.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #21 on: February 3, 2024, 10:33:52 am »
This'll be cringeworthy
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #22 on: February 3, 2024, 10:41:26 am »
Anyone in RAWK going to watch it? Any love stories in it?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #23 on: February 3, 2024, 12:57:44 pm »
I was sorting out my out DVD's and came across Being Liverpool (shudder!). Which by the way had been brought by Blues friend for a joke!  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 3, 2024, 05:41:34 pm »
Can't wait to see Kloppo blaring out North London Forever out of some speakers during training, for the build up to the Arsenal match.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 3, 2024, 06:47:53 pm »
Disney+ are in advanced talks to buy the Liverpool docuseries.

Amazon and Netflix rejected the chance to cover the programme due to reservations over limited dressing room footage.

[@LewisSteele_ & @MattHughesDM]

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 3, 2024, 06:49:28 pm »
Can't wait to see Kloppo blaring out North London Forever out of some speakers during training, for the build up to the Arsenal match.
;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 3, 2024, 06:51:41 pm »
You have to wonder why they are doing it now. The whole point of doing a documentary like this is allowing the cameras into the dressing rooms. So, if you are not allowing that, what exactly are the highlights going to be?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 3, 2024, 06:57:56 pm »
Women's team will also be featured. It's just a longer length Inside Training/Anfield.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 7, 2024, 03:06:23 pm »
Boston Red Sox are getting 2 documentaries from Netflix. FSG going crazy here.  ;D

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1755245032502895096

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 7, 2024, 03:23:10 pm »
You have to wonder why they are doing it now. The whole point of doing a documentary like this is allowing the cameras into the dressing rooms. So, if you are not allowing that, what exactly are the highlights going to be?
££££££

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #32 on: February 7, 2024, 03:24:49 pm »
££££££

It's being bought for "just" 10 million though. Not exactly too good to miss out on
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 7, 2024, 03:26:30 pm »
It's being bought for "just" 10 million though. Not exactly too good to miss out on

Yeah but edit it well enough and there will be people who become fans of the club just by watching it. Especially in places like the States.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 7, 2024, 03:33:03 pm »
Yeah but edit it well enough and there will be people who become fans of the club just by watching it. Especially in places like the States.
It seems unlikely but there are many and varied reasons why someone latches onto a club, especially one in a foreign country.  I'd class myself as a fan of St. Pauli in Germany but my casual support has added precisely zero Euros and zero Cents to their bank balance.

We also shouldn't be sniffy about £10m.  It does feel like a small price for potentially selling our dignity.  The only lasting memories from the documentary when Brendan was here are the excruciatingly embarrassing moments like the idiotic envelopes stunt.

I won't be watching it as 90 minutes of match action once or twice a week is perfect for me.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #36 on: February 7, 2024, 03:49:29 pm »

People want to watch stuff like that. Look at the viewing numbers for the "Inside Anfield"-videos on the LFC Youtube channel. They have hundreds of thousands of views and often way more than other videos that are posted. You don't get to see what's going on in the dressing room either, but people still seem to want to watch them, even if they're basically all the same sequence of playing leaving the bus, going out for the warm-up, some match clips, players walking into the dressing room, coming out again, some more match clips and then players going off the pitch and heading for the dressing room. And I'm afraid, but it's not just "the people" who want to see it, WE want to see stuff like that. I've watched loads of those clips, I've watched videos of various players' first day at Liverpool be that Mo, Robbo, Van Dijk or more recently Gakpo. I've also watched countless clips right from inside the dressing room after we've won stuff and I loved very single one of them.

There's nothing wrong with the "documentary" in my view, if that's what it turns out to be. A bigger version of their Inside Anfield stuff with other "behind the scenes" kind of stuff from the Training Center and hopefully loads of trophy win celebrations... What I don't want it to be is a cringefest like the ones with Pep screaming at his players at halftime, Arteta pulling out a fucking light-bulb or the Barca team completely falling apart during halftime at Anfield. That's going too far in the sense of possibly having a negative influence on the team, staff and ultimatively the performance. That kind of stuff is private and should remain it.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2024, 03:51:00 pm by stoa »

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 7, 2024, 03:57:48 pm »

I imagine it won’t be too dissimilar to the feel good documentary on our title win back in 2020. Unlike the Amazon show where it felt more like a hidden camera type of docuseries.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 7, 2024, 04:00:30 pm »
Haha what the fuck, no way they are Klopp's words. The man doesn't speak like that. If he's leaving anyway, and handed in his notice mid-season, why would they need him to sign off on it?

Anyway, more money to go towards our ever growing "warchest".

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 7, 2024, 04:03:26 pm »
If we go on to win some trophies it will probably be worth watching, provided it is in no way like that Brendan thing from years ago.

If we end up with a less than stellar finale to the season, wont go anywhere near it.

I do not speak for everyone ofc, but I generally think that would sum up opinion.
- all in my opinion of course -