Author Topic: PL: Liv 4 vs 2 New Mo 49’ 86Isak 54’ Jones 74’ Gakpo 78’ Botman 81’  (Read 25548 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Liverpool FC vs Newcastle United
Premier League: Round 20
Venue: Anfield

Officials:
Referee: Anthony Taylor.
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn.

Fourth official: Andy Madley.

VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes.

Managers:
Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp
Newcastle United: Eddie Howe

Team Selection:

Liverpool: TBD
Newcastle United: TBD

I am tired. Not as tired as our lads and nowhere near as exhausted as the lads playing for Newcastle.

It is the first day of the New Year and I am tired. Life has been coming pretty fast as of late, which is one of the reasons why I have taken a rather large step back from RAWK. However, I am here now, and my love of the Reds has not diminished in then the slightest. It is the new year, and that is supposed to mean newly renewed energy and anticipation of great things ahead as we enter 2024. In regards to football however, it is nearing the end of the festive period in which the Reds played ten times in last 32 days days, a rate of about one game ever three days. A grueling schedule to be sure. Our record over the past month has been quite good, two draws, seven wins, one loss and one to play still. Scoring 21 goals in all comps and conceding 8, and securing our place in each competition we were in at the start of the season.  In contrast things have not been so merry and bright for the Barcodes who have also had a grueling holiday schedule, playing ten times but with vastly different results than the boys in Red. Two wins, two draws (one became a loss in the League Cup, being knocked out on pens to the London Plastics), and six losses (not counting the League Cup Loss). Eddie Howes boys have scored 9 goals but have conceded as whopping 15, and have since been knocked out of the Champions League and the League Cup, leaving them just competing in the league and the FA Cup.

Earlier this season we had some rough luck at St. James, our captain was sent off and we played down a man for 70+ minutes. Enter our hero for the day, Darwin Nunez, coming off the bench and smashing two near identical strikes and securing us the win. I know Darwin divides opinion of even our own supporters, and I am aware that he has had a decently long stretch without scoring (I would have hated be around some of the doubters when Crouchie was having his drought...) but that is all behind us now. He netted our first against Burnley on Boxing Day, and there will be more to come, much more.

What does all of this mean for the league, for this season and beyond? Well the rise of the state owned clubs had left many questions unanswered about stability in football, ethics, and breaking/bending rules. Putting that aside can be difficult, so I wont, I have not forgotten nor shall I in the future. Watching these slip down the table after their meteoric rise last season has been great to observe. What the future holds regarding these state owned clubs, their ethics, and the total future of the sport remains to be seen. We can only just play whats in front of us, and win what we can.

When the call for match write ups went out, I had long been away from RAWK, but I decided to lend my hand yet again at writing a bit for the site and in support of the club I love. I opted for this match for a few reasons, not least of which was the fact that we have a long history with these and I love beating them, especially at home. One of the other reasons I chose this one is I have an old mate who is a massive 'Toon fan, he has been bigging his boys up for a long while now. Loads of talk about them finishing above us last year, being in the CL and we are not, having money to spend, being on the up, Liverpool being old... and so on. Words can not adequately express the joy I had when our number 9 smashed that brace into the back of the net at their place. Bliss. Seeing them fall apart over the past weeks, knocked out of both the Champions League and League Cup, injuries stacking up... (we have our own I know, I a proper devastated that Kostas is out for a long while now. What a player he has been!).

Lets just say that the WhatsApp has been quite as of late, especially after Luton.

I am relishing the opportunity to send more that a few jibes his direction post match.

Jurgan, Redmen, don't let me down. Bring on these and lets smash them and take these points.

« Last Edit: January 1, 2024, 09:46:58 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2024, 07:17:54 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2024, 07:18:22 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2024, 08:01:05 pm »
0 underway. The reds facing the Spion Kop inthe first half

Endo, fires it into the area, Szoboszlai collects, turns and fires it at goal but it’s blocked.
W

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2024, 08:01:55 pm »
Great start. Make it count
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 1, 2024, 08:02:20 pm »
2 Jones finds Diaz in the area, his pull back misses everyone, comes out to TAA on the edge of his area had his deflected shot is just wide.
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 1, 2024, 08:03:56 pm »
Arteta has just put out a statement about the pitch being watered too much.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 1, 2024, 08:04:24 pm »
3 Balding brings down Jones on the edge of their area.

Free kick wide left, right in the line.

Trent smashes it at goal and they clear.  He was hoping for it to pinball into the goal
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8 on: January 1, 2024, 08:04:51 pm »
He gave us a free kick, wow.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #9 on: January 1, 2024, 08:05:04 pm »
Would love an early reds goal for once. Please
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 1, 2024, 08:05:42 pm »
5 another foul by Balding.  A bit further down the line this time.

Wasted
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 1, 2024, 08:07:00 pm »
Welcome home Anthony Love Joe

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12 on: January 1, 2024, 08:08:05 pm »
Slobbo twice getting caught, needs to wake up.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 1, 2024, 08:08:25 pm »
8 poor there. We piss about at the back, given it to them and Gomez blocks a shit at the expense of a corner.

W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14 on: January 1, 2024, 08:08:26 pm »
Welcome home Anthony Love Joe
the extra couple of rolls from Gordon! Knobhead
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 1, 2024, 08:10:16 pm »
the extra couple of rolls from Gordon! Knobhead
Clare, it’s spelled Clare.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 1, 2024, 08:11:21 pm »
11 Gomez wins a corner.

Keeper punches clear.
W

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 1, 2024, 08:11:58 pm »
Anthony Taylor as ref, Gary Neville Co-commentary. Deja Vu on the first day of 2024. Maybe we should join the super league.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 1, 2024, 08:12:26 pm »
12 Nunez to Mo back to Nunez who has his shot saved

Chances coming
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 1, 2024, 08:13:49 pm »
Really good piece of play that, nice exchange between Mo and Darwin. Jones unlucky

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #20 on: January 1, 2024, 08:14:32 pm »
Nunez so much better out of possession these days.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 1, 2024, 08:15:18 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 1, 2024, 08:16:07 pm »
15 We get a free kick in a promising place after Endo is upended.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 1, 2024, 08:16:45 pm »
16 Nunez narrowly heads the free kick over the bar.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #24 on: January 1, 2024, 08:17:07 pm »
Taking forever on every restart already, didn't Trent get booked early doors in the reverse fixture for timeswasting from a throw?

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 1, 2024, 08:18:40 pm »
This is close

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #26 on: January 1, 2024, 08:18:42 pm »
That’s very close but we know the outcome

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 1, 2024, 08:18:43 pm »
17 Ball in the net by Diaz but it will be checked first. A lovely pass by Jones but Nunez fails with it and Diaz puts it in the net. It's very tight this.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 1, 2024, 08:19:22 pm »
That’s very close but we know the outcome
It’s offside.  Get on with it.

Why does it take so fucking long?
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #29 on: January 1, 2024, 08:19:24 pm »
Looks on to me

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 1, 2024, 08:19:39 pm »
19 Offside given.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #31 on: January 1, 2024, 08:20:11 pm »
That’s a pen

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 1, 2024, 08:20:27 pm »
That’s how to respond Luis

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 1, 2024, 08:20:28 pm »
19 We get a penalty after Diaz is brought down.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 1, 2024, 08:20:53 pm »
Piss off Neville saying he dived, he was brought down.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #35 on: January 1, 2024, 08:21:13 pm »
Gary Neville talking shite as usual. What about a card ref?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 1, 2024, 08:21:39 pm »
Penalty given.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #37 on: January 1, 2024, 08:21:59 pm »
Brilliant from Diaz, that’s what we need from him.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 1, 2024, 08:22:05 pm »

He just says what he hopes will happen. Such a dick. 

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 1, 2024, 08:22:07 pm »
Yep, it was a foul, he stumbled. Get on everyone!
W