Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3307365 times)

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #11080 on: July 13, 2015, 06:35:15 am »
The Anfield Index Tomkins Times podcast is the only one worth listening to.
It would sit much better in the Anfield Wrap stable as it's sensible and intelligent.
I can only imagine Tomkins doesn't listen to the rest of the AI stuff. If he did he would be wary of being associated with the worst kind of rabid keyboard warrior fans. It's not great for his reputation at all.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11081 on: July 13, 2015, 07:21:21 am »
Dave Hendrick is a massive c*nt, stopped listening to AI because of that prick. You'd swear Lucas had murdered his family given his massive agenda.

No impromptu wrap tonight given today's revelations?
same reason I stopped, swear he was trying to be another Barry glendenning

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11082 on: July 13, 2015, 08:36:53 am »
Dave Hendrick is a massive c*nt, stopped listening to AI because of that prick. You'd swear Lucas had murdered his family given his massive agenda.

Gave it a go once, this guy is a complete prick and not in the 'love to hate' type way, he is just a clueless hate-filled bellend and ruins it, along with the other 606 phone-in type fans on there. TAW shits all over it for intelligent, reasoned and insightful discussion.

Offline MrButler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11083 on: July 13, 2015, 09:00:15 am »
Tomkins would be right at home in those Tuesday Review episodes with Sean Rodgers.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11084 on: July 13, 2015, 09:48:23 am »
Gave it a go once, this guy is a complete prick and not in the 'love to hate' type way, he is just a clueless hate-filled bellend and ruins it, along with the other 606 phone-in type fans on there. TAW shits all over it for intelligent, reasoned and insightful discussion.

Have to agree

Terrible, terrible podcast.

TAW all day, any day!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11085 on: July 13, 2015, 10:18:21 am »

Last time I listened to that prick he was banging on about how some lad in the Swiss league was miles better than Skrtel, and another bloke in the Russian league who'd improve us. As if he's actually watched either play. Must watch every league in Europe that lad

Bad divvy
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #11086 on: July 13, 2015, 10:31:29 am »

You can tell Neil that Ruairi is pronounced Rory

I Better tell my cousin that as well, he's been pronouncing his name wrong his whole life.... Poor Ruairi,..... I mean Rory

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #11087 on: July 13, 2015, 11:08:49 am »
I Better tell my cousin that as well, he's been pronouncing his name wrong his whole life.... Poor Ruairi,..... I mean Rory
Better late than never ;)

Neil did ask how to pronounce the name in one episode, and proceeded with ru-arry

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11088 on: July 13, 2015, 11:45:08 am »
Last time I listened to that prick he was banging on about how some lad in the Swiss league was miles better than Skrtel, and another bloke in the Russian league who'd improve us. As if he's actually watched either play. Must watch every league in Europe that lad

Bad divvy
He has stated many times he watches loads of league and has inside connection to the club. :wave
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #11089 on: July 14, 2015, 09:43:41 am »
Bumped into Heaton at Bolton away.

Not sure he was impressed with me, but I stole a beer from the side and went back in ;D
Haahha go ed

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #11090 on: July 14, 2015, 11:33:05 am »
Kind of agree with Heaton on the New York thing. Everyone seems to mention New York when they mention their favourite city, like there is no contest. Wouldn`t call it disappointing, because I liked it there and it has a lot to offer, but wouldn`t call it the best city I`ve been to either. I went during winter though, and went to LA afterwards(which I kind of preferred).

Most of the cities I`ve liked the best have been in Europe: Like Rome, Paris, Barcelona, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London.   

I would like to visit more cities in Italy. Florence probably has a lot of potential. And Venice.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #11091 on: July 14, 2015, 11:43:32 am »
Kind of agree with Heaton on the New York thing. Everyone seems to mention New York when they mention their favourite city, like there is no contest. Wouldn`t call it disappointing, because I liked it there and it has a lot to offer, but wouldn`t call it the best city I`ve been to either. I went during winter though, and went to LA afterwards(which I kind of preferred).

Most of the cities I`ve liked the best have been in Europe: Like Rome, Paris, Barcelona, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London.   

I would like to visit more cities in Italy. Florence probably has a lot of potential. And Venice.
I spent ten days in San Francisco ten years ago, enjoyed every minute of it, never went anywhere twice, still suspect I missed loads. You are right Italy is boss, except Milan. I loved London 30 years ago, but it is not the same now, like Dublin it is far too expensive to get enough pleasure out of it these days. Oxford is nicer I think. Like Cork, it has the funny quirk of the river being split around it, so loads of bridges and the pleasing effect that water provides.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11092 on: July 14, 2015, 10:43:08 pm »
I've never been to San Francisco or New York, but can confirm that Stratford Upon Avon is lovely.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11093 on: July 14, 2015, 11:36:03 pm »
Re all that full press, three quarter press stuff, found these quotes from him a few years ago so doesn't look to be anything different

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11094 on: July 15, 2015, 12:57:26 am »
He has stated many times he watches loads of league and has inside connection to the club. :wave

Well you'd expect somebody who watches ~10 major leagues around Europe, including Russia Switzerland Italy and France, regularly every week to have a much higher understanding of football than him.

As for him being ITK :lmao :lmao

He's a gobshite chancer who puts many people off listening to the Anfield Index podcast and likes to pretend he's the biggest scout in Europe, rather than some bellend sat behind a keyboard in Ireland with 0 experience in football
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:00:35 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11095 on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:31 am »
You can tell Neil that Ruairi is pronounced Rory
Isn't it Roory?

Neil always struggles with Irish pronunciations I've noticed. I remember him mangling Iveagh Gardens on there one day.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11096 on: July 15, 2015, 07:23:45 pm »
And he can't say "nineteen" properly :D

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11097 on: July 15, 2015, 10:49:08 pm »
Well you'd expect somebody who watches ~10 major leagues around Europe, including Russia Switzerland Italy and France, regularly every week to have a much higher understanding of football than him.

As for him being ITK :lmao :lmao

He's a gobshite chancer who puts many people off listening to the Anfield Index podcast and likes to pretend he's the biggest scout in Europe, rather than some bellend sat behind a keyboard in Ireland with 0 experience in football
I don't disagree he always really really hates some of our players, i am trying to work out what they personally did to him but slightly lost. As i am not sure they even know who the guy is.....
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #11098 on: July 15, 2015, 10:51:06 pm »
I'm on the Swedish edition of the Anfield Index Podcast.  :D
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #11099 on: July 15, 2015, 11:07:22 pm »
The Anfield Wrap is the best football podcast in the world

Dave Hendrick is a massive c*nt

2 unrelated things that I fully agree with.

In terms of TAW, I think I like it because there's a load of scouse lads on there, similar age to me, speaking about Liverpool football club or experiences of living in Liverpool the city. Sometimes I'm listening nodding my head in agreement, other times I completely disagree. As an example, I was well on board with John Gibbons Michael Thomas shout in the 95-96 'What We Call History' shows. Thought exactly the same thing at the time. Same season review I disagreed with quite bit of what Mike Nevin said. He seemed like an apologist for Evans and some of the players from that time. I thought they were in general a bunch of shithouses. Thought it at the time and still do now.

I found it funny that they mentioned the 'middle class' shout on TAW a few times. Any podcast that mentions someone going to Bowring Comp is defo not middle class.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11100 on: July 16, 2015, 07:45:27 am »
Tuesday on the Pink: "Lawro gets paid to talk about footy, why doesn't he do any research?"

Wednesday on Unwrapped: "Footy was better back when you didn't know who anyone was."

Which is it?

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11101 on: July 16, 2015, 08:27:28 am »
Also disappointed that Lallana has been infected by the curse of Rob 'Béla' Gutmann. Have never forgiven Gutto for writing off Aspas in pre-season 2013.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11102 on: July 16, 2015, 11:45:08 am »
I tell you what, preseason has never flown so quickly. TAW is making hay whilst the sun isn't shining, and it's almost like the season hasn't stopped. Love it.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11103 on: July 16, 2015, 11:45:37 am »
Tuesday on the Pink: "Lawro gets paid to talk about footy, why doesn't he do any research?"

Wednesday on Unwrapped: "Footy was better back when you didn't know who anyone was."

Which is it?

Was it the same person? Pretty important that, you see.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11104 on: July 17, 2015, 02:53:57 am »
"Was it Rodgers who leaked his number?"  ;D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #11105 on: July 17, 2015, 03:03:06 am »
Gareth is a really good host. Easily the best person to take on the duties while Neil is away.
He's a natural communicator - like Neil.
I think what marks them apart is that they're interested to hear what other people have to say. Listening is an underated skill in broadcasting, in my opinion.
Nice to hear Andy on the pods again. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11106 on: July 17, 2015, 07:52:25 am »
Was it the same person? Pretty important that, you see.

They aren't even inherently contradictory comments even if it was the same person, the latter could relate to modern fans all claiming to be experts in dozens of different leagues, whereas the former is expecting competence out of somebody when they are doing the job they are paid to do.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #11107 on: July 17, 2015, 11:17:08 am »

You are Alan Partridge and I claim my ten pounds.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #11108 on: July 17, 2015, 11:34:11 am »
Listened to the parry interview last night, great listen.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #11109 on: July 17, 2015, 11:59:40 am »

Which is it?

Because one is a fan speaking generally and one is a television pundit in the modern era when he has all manner of routes to research available to him which weren't available in the 70's like say the Internet for starters.

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #11110 on: July 17, 2015, 12:00:34 pm »

I tell you what, preseason has never flown so quickly. TAW is making hay whilst the sun isn't shining, and it's almost like the season hasn't stopped. Love it.
This.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #11111 on: July 17, 2015, 11:23:27 pm »
I've only always listened to TAW podcasts since 2011. I'd never listened to another Liverpool one before. I listened to one today, not gonna name it, but fuckin' hell, the guy on it was saying that Hendo got the armband over Sakho cos he's white and English and not black and French. Said it came down to race and culture. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. They also went on to shit all over Hendo and Skrtel for the rest of it, defended Sterling for a bit and then suggested we should buy Berahino instead of Benteke. Ok, that last point I can get on board with. Maybe I just caught a particularly nasty episode, maybe the rest are good, but it just put into contrast how good TAW is.

Shocked by that also. I like AI but you have to choose your shows very carefully (e.g. Tomkins, Daytrippers, Dan Kennett, Dan Rose, Gags). Swerve the rest. TAW is the best but the others fill in the gaps if you don't want to subscribe so fair play.

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #11112 on: July 18, 2015, 12:35:08 am »
The latest Parry one is excellent stuff again. Worth the subscription fee alone.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11113 on: July 18, 2015, 07:31:11 am »
The latest Parry one is excellent stuff again. Worth the subscription fee alone.

Yeah, we've given Parry a hard time over the years but the two interviews with the wrap fellas have done wonders for him.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11114 on: July 18, 2015, 08:40:34 am »
While I like the podcasts, the couple of people that continue to bang on about us selling players all the time re starting to get a bit tedious, trying to drag in our previous round of big name sales with this recent two despite them being 5 years ago is fairly pathetically sticking to an agenda rather than recognising the actual situation.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #11115 on: July 18, 2015, 10:41:15 am »
Shocked by that also. I like AI but you have to choose your shows very carefully (e.g. Tomkins, Daytrippers, Dan Kennett, Dan Rose, Gags). Swerve the rest. TAW is the best but the others fill in the gaps if you don't want to subscribe so fair play.

Seriously, it's five pounds. A couple of pints if you're lucky. It's so worth it for the amount of content you get, I'm stunned at how much you get for the price and the quality, if anything, is improving. My fear was that there might be a fair amount of repetition or basically subjects would become over-analysed but this just isn't the case. With the variety of hosts, guests, subjects of shows covering all sorts of matters from the serious sensitive stuff like Heysel to fantastic tactical insight right over to funny (genuinely funny) random shows and  daft speculative transfers and hopes for the season with a healthy amount of historical context, it's incredible value. I'm not exaggerating when I say I'd pay a ridiculous amount more each month for this. Better than scouring news websites or listening to other podcasts for the few minutes of Liverpool related info, they cover pretty much everything. Given that we're between seasons, that they've managed to keep the content so varied with so little actual news is astonishing. You will not spend a better fiver each month, if you buy one months worth to try it, you'll not go back.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #11116 on: July 18, 2015, 10:51:36 am »
Seriously, it's five pounds. A couple of pints if you're lucky. It's so worth it for the amount of content you get, I'm stunned at how much you get for the price and the quality, if anything, is improving. My fear was that there might be a fair amount of repetition or basically subjects would become over-analysed but this just isn't the case. With the variety of hosts, guests, subjects of shows covering all sorts of matters from the serious sensitive stuff like Heysel to fantastic tactical insight right over to funny (genuinely funny) random shows and  daft speculative transfers and hopes for the season with a healthy amount of historical context, it's incredible value. I'm not exaggerating when I say I'd pay a ridiculous amount more each month for this. Better than scouring news websites or listening to other podcasts for the few minutes of Liverpool related info, they cover pretty much everything. Given that we're between seasons, that they've managed to keep the content so varied with so little actual news is astonishing. You will not spend a better fiver each month, if you buy one months worth to try it, you'll not go back.

I really want to. Been trying for ages now but Paypal just won't let me. :(
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #11117 on: July 18, 2015, 11:47:49 am »
Yeah, we've given Parry a hard time over the years but the two interviews with the wrap fellas have done wonders for him.
I was thinking the exact same

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #11118 on: July 18, 2015, 01:20:29 pm »
Well worth the fiver this. The Rick Parry interviews are really good. Also, the interview with the Hoffenheim scout was really interesting.

It's all good though, to be fair. I don't drink anymore; but if I did, I'd happily skip a pint a month and spend it on a TAW player subscription.  :thumbup

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11119 on: July 18, 2015, 03:40:49 pm »
Unbelievable value for money this subscription.

Making my daily commute a breeze and i'm staggered how its actually kept fresh, when taking into account how many shows are actually done.

Its brilliant.

EDIT - Oh, and AFQ is superb....every week.

Got a feeling i'm going to have to start tomorrow morning with a pint of orange juice....
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.