Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3317011 times)

Offline gypsymoth

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #10600 on: May 22, 2015, 02:26:07 pm »
In a group which has as many contributors as we do, there's a fair chance that some of us will have a different opinion.

What we won't do is tell people who are involved what they can and can't think or say, because that would be the death of it.

Agree - you cant tell someone to toe a party line

But you can exercise editorial control. That piece by Jim in TAW a couple of weeks ago was full to the brim with agendas and snipes. If you let him keep making similar points, it compromises your editorial balance and possibly credibility. If he doesn't like it, he moves on and write his own blog. Jim seems to be using TAW as a platform for his misgivings, and I'm not sure that's a good thing

And anyone who tries to moralise about footballers or managers relationships are always on shaky ground - its got nothing to do with their ability to motivate a team full of footballers

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #10601 on: May 22, 2015, 02:53:57 pm »
That shite from Boardman is well out of order. OK, I get it, you don't like Rodgers, but his private life is nothing to do with whether he's a good football manager or not. As to the follow up of "some people do feel what he is like as a person, his character, is important in judging him as a manager" - fucking hell. Firstly, it's bollox anyway, and secondly, who thinks that, other than him?

I've muted the tedious bore on the twitter and never read the shite he belches out because I know it's going to be snide shite aimed at Rodgers, over and over again. Thankfully he hasn't cropped up on the podcasts too often lately so we've been spared his monotonous drone.
DAMMIT!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #10602 on: May 22, 2015, 05:19:58 pm »
So in another words TAW is great...as long as anyone doesnt step away from the party line and express their own opinion...and if they do they should be fucked off....yeah, thats a healthy way to proceed
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #10603 on: May 22, 2015, 05:24:47 pm »
I haven't noticed anything particularly bad from Jim on TAW but I did agree that "Sometimes I tweet about tech or the weather or music or news." was nonsense.

Bet you wouldn't find many other tweets from him on marital disputes, looking back!
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10604 on: May 22, 2015, 06:19:55 pm »
I rarely agree with many of Jim's tweets but there is no way he should be censored on TAW.  If you have an issue with differing opinions, it might be time for you to find another blog, not the writer.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #10605 on: May 22, 2015, 06:25:58 pm »
I rarely agree with many of Jim's tweets but there is no way he should be censored on TAW.  If you have an issue with differing opinions, it might be time for you to find another blog, not the writer.
Differing opinions should never be a problem but then again there should be some standard and level of respect you need to show to institution that is the manager of Liverpool football club.

I don`t see anyone but Jim stooping so low , it`s one thing to criticize the manager but it`s entirely different matter when you`re launching vicious attacks on his integrity and personality. I think the TAW lads are much classier than that and would never resort to such sleaze ball tactics - at least I`d like to think so - so imo Boardman is way out of line by meddling into Rodgers` private affairs. It`s jeopardizing the whole reputation of the group of guys who happen to be proper reds.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10606 on: May 22, 2015, 07:18:30 pm »
Unless I've missed something, Jim didn't meddle into Rodgers' private affairs on TAW - that was on Twitter.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10607 on: May 22, 2015, 07:29:10 pm »
That shite from Boardman is well out of order. OK, I get it, you don't like Rodgers, but his private life is nothing to do with whether he's a good football manager or not. As to the follow up of "some people do feel what he is like as a person, his character, is important in judging him as a manager" - fucking hell. Firstly, it's bollox anyway, and secondly, who thinks that, other than him?

I've muted the tedious bore on the twitter and never read the shite he belches out because I know it's going to be snide shite aimed at Rodgers, over and over again. Thankfully he hasn't cropped up on the podcasts too often lately so we've been spared his monotonous drone.

I agree, it's immature and Boardman needs to learn to grow the fuck up. Bang out of order.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #10608 on: May 22, 2015, 08:21:10 pm »
Good, classic panel tonight. Atkinson, Gutmann, Girling.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:22:49 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10609 on: May 23, 2015, 03:33:21 am »
Team #Girling

Suarez and Rush.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #10610 on: May 23, 2015, 05:34:05 am »
Unfollowed Boardman ages ago, please let's not post his reactionary shite in here, I'd rather not see it.

You'll never walk alone, but you will if he has anything to do with it.

Edit: It actually angers me. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if we lost that we would lose the format that The Anfield Wrap runs on, but I remember a time when users were binned from here for coming out with the sort of stuff he comes out with. Even during a 6 game winning streak he's disrespecting the fucking manager in charge of the club.

I mean, what the fuck Rodgers personal relationship has to do with anything I don't know. They've split up, it's finished, he is moving on and has done, and now they deal with whatever they need to in the courts. Saddening, but a fact of life.

It's ironic we have discussions about people turning up to Anfield with their plastic bags and going the club shop, but they certainly support the club more than this man does. It's one thing not supporting the manager, it's another actively campaigning on social media to make him look like a fool and a dickhead,

But for me it feels like another symptom of what changed since Hodgson came in. New lines were drawn and new attacks were allowed after him. Because for a fucking fact, you wouldn't see him posting personal stuff up about that re: Kenny or Rafa and you might say "well they haven't got into that situation" and you'd be correct, but that's not the point.

It was bad enough dealing with the tabloids having a go at Rafa all the time, but at least Jim gets his board money off the Mirror.

"It's time to talk about Kenny" was at least a respectful discussion, but with Jim it's always "time to slag off our manager". Top red.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:53:15 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10611 on: May 23, 2015, 01:27:55 pm »
So in another words TAW is great...as long as anyone doesnt step away from the party line and express their own opinion...and if they do they should be fucked off....yeah, thats a healthy way to proceed

No. You've got it wrong - if Boardman had a consistency of opinion between the show and his tweets then it'd be fair enough. He's actually mild mannered and thoughtful on the podcast, but doesn't have the courage to splurge his bile out about Rogers because he'd be confronted about it and it wouldn't stand up.

As that famous old saying goes, "Nobody likes a two faced, click bait whore with an axe to grind."

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:47:20 pm by Voltaire »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10612 on: May 23, 2015, 07:56:36 pm »
This weeks Rewired was the best so far I think, despite the poltergeist that was in the background :)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #10613 on: May 24, 2015, 08:35:38 am »
No. You've got it wrong - if Boardman had a consistency of opinion between the show and his tweets then it'd be fair enough. He's actually mild mannered and thoughtful on the podcast, but doesn't have the courage to splurge his bile out about Rogers because he'd be confronted about it and it wouldn't stand up.

As that famous old saying goes, "Nobody likes a two faced, click bait whore with an axe to grind."

Yep, this is the crux. Hold whatever position you want if you can back it up and keep consistent. But don't hide behind a Twitter handle to peddle an agenda.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #10614 on: May 24, 2015, 01:05:50 pm »
Kool Aidy issue had me agreeing with Guttman about our mid table position and finding way too much entitlement in Gerling's argument.

Spurs offer more in creature comfort terms than we can.

We've got a cranky, entitlement-based minority of fans who think that because we won the EC 10 years ago that everyone should want to play for us when brutally, we have become losers.

Accordingly, they see our glass as 60% empty so try to blame it on our owners.

We've finally got owners that know how to run a business (although don't ask me why they got into ours. :duh.)

We complain JH and Werner don't come to the matches.

What did Shanks say about owners?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:17:02 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10616 on: May 24, 2015, 03:54:22 pm »
What are those trainers Gareth has got on there?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10617 on: May 24, 2015, 03:56:37 pm »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #10618 on: May 24, 2015, 04:00:39 pm »
Best lfc thing I've seen today

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #10619 on: May 24, 2015, 04:01:31 pm »
I think some of you owe Boardman an apology...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10620 on: May 24, 2015, 04:02:52 pm »

Nope. I wanted Rodgers gone too, but bringing up his divorce and personal life as a way to push an agenda against him is a bad, bad shithouse move
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #10622 on: May 24, 2015, 04:12:16 pm »

Nope. I wanted Rodgers gone too, but bringing up his divorce and personal life as a way to push an agenda against him is a bad, bad shithouse move

This

And the fact that he's so spineless and two faced on twitter and the pod. That's the issue, not an opinion he has.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10623 on: May 24, 2015, 04:14:43 pm »
Mike Nevin's laying his cards on the table on Twitter.  His next contribution on TAW should be interesting.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #10624 on: May 24, 2015, 04:18:40 pm »
Mike Nevin's laying his cards on the table on Twitter.  His next contribution on TAW should be interesting.

The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10625 on: May 24, 2015, 04:23:44 pm »

::)

Are you him in disguise?

Boardmans a c*nt, even if Rodgers is gone after this season, no need to even mention his personal life.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #10626 on: May 24, 2015, 04:23:55 pm »

Obviously he's angry but I think he's out of order there...
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #10627 on: May 24, 2015, 04:25:23 pm »
It's a bit over the top, but he does have a point.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10628 on: May 24, 2015, 04:26:22 pm »

He does.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #10629 on: May 24, 2015, 04:26:37 pm »
People need to take a step back.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #10630 on: May 24, 2015, 04:28:16 pm »
Their strategy is flawed and the people they hire & later fire are obviously not adequate. They needed to hire an experienced manager, who already has a network of scouts. There was no need to start everything from scratch.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #10631 on: May 24, 2015, 04:29:06 pm »
Mike Nevin is spot-on. Some farts might not like to hear the truth, specially in such a manner, but pull your head out of the sand.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #10632 on: May 24, 2015, 04:30:33 pm »
At worst, FSG have shown a great deal of ignorance. Really don't think they deserve that level of vitriol from Nevin, but things are raw, good to see people caring enough to stick head above the parapet.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #10633 on: May 24, 2015, 04:30:33 pm »
People need to take a step back.

We've taken them far too many.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10634 on: May 24, 2015, 04:31:21 pm »
He does have a point..... I have never seen a LFC team where the whole team gives up for 2 f**king months. WTF is happening to MY CLUB ?
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #10635 on: May 24, 2015, 04:32:07 pm »

God, I find it difficult to disagree with that.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10636 on: May 24, 2015, 04:34:10 pm »
Yes they've fucked up and believe me, I'm no FSG apologist but they can't micro-manage every aspect of the club.
Rodgers had no experience and no pedigree so hiring him was always a risk.
The committee isn't working and needs to be disolved so hopefully it will be.

We have a spent a fair amount but as usual we wasted it on shit.

I can't blame FSG for everything and I certainly can't talk about the the way those tweets do... the last one is bang on about players but the first is out of order IMHO.
Maybe I'm just naive or grateful..... meh I dunno.

Get some decent scouts in and get rid of the thoroughly mid-table coaching staff we have and we'll see how we do then.

Grrrrrr

I really do understand his frustration and I fucking hate that there's no transparency so we supporters don't even know if it's Rodgers, The committee, FSG or Ian Ayre who is to blame.

The whole thing is a joke to be fair

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:39:04 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10637 on: May 24, 2015, 04:37:12 pm »
It's quite obvious that Rodgers isn't only to blame, but this just smacks of losing the dressing room. And it's usualy the manager who takes the brunt, that's just how football works. It's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel really. On and off the field.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10638 on: May 24, 2015, 04:38:43 pm »
It's quite obvious that Rodgers isn't only to blame, but this just smacks of losing the dressing room. And it's usualy the manager who takes the brunt, that's just how football works. It's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel really.

Indeed.... the last few matches have fuck all to do with FSG... Rodgers sets the team out, picks the players and decides formations and tactics.

All season we've been playing people out of position and today's lineup was ridiculous.

:butt

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10639 on: May 24, 2015, 04:41:17 pm »
Nevin is right, with the way the club is going i've spoken to people who feel less connected to the club now than they did under Hodgson.

Club refusing to meet fans to discuss prices until boycotts of flags happened, more and more being priced out, stewards fuming on people for standing, people losing their season ticket for giving it to a mate for a match.

Lots feel that bit by bit the club is being taken away from us and turned into a marketing machine for foreign owners who don't even bother showing up. It's not just a knee jerk to the Stoke game, there's a clear disconnect between the club and match going fans in many cases
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012