Author Topic: Lucas  (Read 143858 times)

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Re: Lucas Leiva
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2017, 05:52:39 pm »
To be fair to the poster Lucas has given away the odd dangerous free kick, but to say we're 'fooked' if we play him is a bit tw@ish.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2017, 07:50:26 pm »
One guy with less than 10 posts =/= premature Lucas ejacu-haters.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2017, 07:54:08 pm »
Hope he gets an extension as he has been invaluable stepping into the team. Bit of experience in the side for, if we make it. Champions League.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2017, 07:55:52 pm »
Hope he gets an extension as he has been invaluable stepping into the team. Bit of experience in the side for, if we make it. Champions League.

Yep. Keep him and sell Klavan, it's very simple.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #244 on: April 16, 2017, 08:02:35 pm »
He got an excellent assist today, well done Lucas.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #245 on: April 16, 2017, 08:11:46 pm »
Yep. Keep him and sell Klavan, it's very simple.

Keep both. We will have more games next season and need a bigger squad. Yes the lad has made a couple of mistakes, but he isnt as bad as some make out. No point in selling someone then having to pay double for the replacement who then has to bed in etc.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2017, 08:14:05 pm »
Keep both. We will have more games next season and need a bigger squad. Yes the lad has made a couple of mistakes, but he isnt as bad as some make out. No point in selling someone then having to pay double for the replacement who then has to bed in etc.

I dont think there's space for both if a) we sign at least a defender and midfielder as appears likely and b) we want to give Joe Gomez games

Offline Commodore64

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »
A player who adds very little on the pitch, although because he's a good guy and extremely likable some people will pretend he does, but he does add a bit of something off the pitch. Personally, I would get rid of him, he's average to poor. Badly needs replacing.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2017, 08:33:20 pm »
To be fair to the poster Lucas has given away the odd dangerous free kick, but to say we're 'fooked' if we play him is a bit tw@ish.

Can we please, please, please finally stop this shite. Lucas is a footballer. Footballers commit fouls. Lucas is a defensive midfielder. Defensive midfielders sometimes commit fouls in dangerous positions. Lucas is not worse than any other player in his position in terms of giving away fouls. So please could we stop talking about it like he's that big liability when in 10 years or more nobody has ever brought up any evidence that he is?

Offline Commodore64

• Kemlynite
« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2017, 08:34:25 pm »
Can we please, please, please finally stop this shite.

Not whilst he gives away a huge amount of needless free kicks in dangerous areas resulting from his poor positional play and lack of recovery pace, no.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2017, 08:39:11 pm »
Not whilst he gives away a huge amount of needless free kicks in dangerous areas resulting from his poor positional play and lack of recovery pace, no.

List them for the last 10 games he has played. And we'll see. I want minute and rough area of the pitch...

Offline Commodore64

• Kemlynite
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2017, 08:41:47 pm »
List them for the last 10 games he has played. And we'll see. I want minute and rough area of the pitch...

Jesus Christ. And if I don't spend the next 20 hours rewatching games and listing these things, I'm wrong? Give over.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:44:09 pm by Commodore64 »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2017, 08:42:17 pm »
One guy with less than 10 posts =/= premature Lucas ejacu-haters.

What, you haven't read some before? They are not an endangered species.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2017, 08:42:39 pm »
To be fair like if someone did bring up that evidence then they've clearly got too much time on their hands. I do think he's always been prone to giving away nothing fouls in moments when you just want to kill the game. It's the type of thing you wouldn't see consistently from the elite players in that position.

Thought he was really good today and he did some nice snide fouls at the right times to help us. He's obviously got something to offer a club but again I don't buy into the keeping him shouts. Obviously if he sticks around another season then that's cool but we shouldn't - bar an extreme - let ourselves get into a position where we need to call on him again next season.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
Can we please, please, please finally stop this shite. Lucas is a footballer. Footballers commit fouls. Lucas is a defensive midfielder. Defensive midfielders sometimes commit fouls in dangerous positions. Lucas is not worse than any other player in his position in terms of giving away fouls. So please could we stop talking about it like he's that big liability when in 10 years or more nobody has ever brought up any evidence that he is?

Really not nice to quote me like I'm dissing Lucas. I'm not. I think he's a fantastic player, and it was me pointing out how stupid it was for people to say we're 'fooked' for playing him.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2017, 09:10:34 pm »
I dont think there's space for both if a) we sign at least a defender and midfielder as appears likely and b) we want to give Joe Gomez games

Sakho leaving permanently opens up a spot.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2017, 09:18:44 pm »
A player who adds very little on the pitch, although because he's a good guy and extremely likable some people will pretend he does, but he does add a bit of something off the pitch. Personally, I would get rid of him, he's average to poor. Badly needs replacing.

Other than leadership and general ability. He's been great the past few weeks.

Show a bit of respect.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2017, 09:58:40 pm »
Good effort as always from him but he struggled on the ball and couldn't run for the last ten. He's done well to fill in for us but hopefully that's the last time he ever has to play 90 for us

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2017, 10:20:21 pm »

Hahahahaha. Welcome to RAWK........

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #259 on: April 16, 2017, 10:23:28 pm »
Lucas is boss
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:42 pm »
Has played really well when in the team since that shambolic Leicester game.

Could still do a job when called on next season but we'll see.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: April 16, 2017, 10:33:49 pm »
Good effort as always from him but he struggled on the ball and couldn't run for the last ten. He's done well to fill in for us but hopefully that's the last time he ever has to play 90 for us
Do you have his pic on your wall that you throw darts at? As a review of his performance today aptly put it - he steadied the ship more than he rocked the boat.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #262 on: April 16, 2017, 10:53:15 pm »
Do you have his pic on your wall that you throw darts at? As a review of his performance today aptly put it - he steadied the ship more than he rocked the boat.

No - do have him as my avatar though....obsessed much ?!

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2017, 02:31:29 am »
Loved the move where he blocked off Robson-Kanu and drew the foul. That was quality that.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2017, 03:49:13 am »
It would be nice to keep Lucas around but I don't think that will make sense numbers wise next season, due to the CL squad places...

Uefa CL squad rules say this:

No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for "locally trained players" and no club may have more than four "association trained players" listed on these eight places on List A.

According to several sources it would seem as if the players we're targeting in the summer are a CB, LB, CM, AM, and LW. For the sake of this outline lets say that the players signed will be those we keep getting linked to: Van Dijk, Sessegnon, Keita, Ox, and Brandt... which would leave the squad as follows (assuming Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, and Sturridge leave as expected):

Mignolet
                 Karius
Clyne  Matip     Van Dijk   Milner
Trent   Lovren  Klavan  Sessegnon
           Gomez

Henderson
                     Can
        Keita              Lallana
     Wijnaldum         Grujic

Mané                       Coutinho
Ox                            Brandt
             Firmino
              Origi
               Ings

In terms of Uefa squad places:

17 non-homegrown places

1. Mignolet
2. Karius
3. Matip
4. Van Dijk
5. Lovren
6. Klavan
7. Can
8. Keita
9. Wijnaldum
10. Grujic/Gomez (Gomez will be eligible to be listed as club-trained when he's been at the club 3 years, from 2018 onwards)
11. Mané
12. Coutinho
13. Brandt
14. Firmino
15. Origi
16. Ings (could also be listed as FA trained)
17. Oxlade-Chamberlain (could also be listed as FA trained)

FA trained/homegrown

18. Milner
19. Lallana
20. Henderson
21. Clyne

Club-trained

^ no senior players are eligible to be listed as club-trained, but from 2018 onwards Gomez would fill one of these spots.

List B (unlimited # of youngsters)

Trent, Woodburn, Wilson, Ojo, Ejaria, plus Sessegnon would presumably also count as List B as he's still 17.

Clearly, if the squad is to be upgraded with the new signings it needs it'll be very tough to squeeze someone like Lucas into the squad, unless Klopp wanted to leave out Grujic and Gomez from the European squad, or simply have Lucas around for domestic games.

Incidentally, this (hypothetical) list also highlights the value of signing British players, both young ones like Gomez and Sessegnon, as well as senior ones, as that allows the squad much more flexibility in terms of numbers.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:54:05 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline bathoz

• Kopite
  • Wants a showpony.
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2017, 10:36:36 am »
It's really obvious, but he's played well since being played as a midfielder. Shock. Horror. His reading of the game was great to see - often on the run to snuff out counter-attacks anyone else (even the potential counter-attacker) had even noticed they were underway. Good in the air, tough in the tackle, solid with the ball at his feet – though that has regressed since his younger days.

Unfortunately, his legs aren't there for the Klopp game long term. Which is a shame, as if he had recovered marginally better from those knee injuries, he would be near perfect.
The opinions related above are in no way to be taken as anything more (or less) than those of an bored mind.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2017, 11:00:44 am »
It's really baffling when people find the time to bash him after such an excellent performance. He even supplied the assist in a one-nil match. :S
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2017, 11:26:38 am »
Loved the move where he blocked off Robson-Kanu and drew the foul. That was quality that.

Moar posts like this please in these threads......Robson-Keanu's mini tantrum immediately afterwards was soothing to see, complete frustration, another great performance yesterday from an impeccable servant of the club who's legs are starting to go but who should cough cough be shown some respect
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2017, 02:03:49 pm »
Don't understand why people are ripping into the guy. I hope he stays for at least another season. Not on high wages, good experience, decent player. What's the problem?

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2017, 02:19:01 pm »
Tell you what lads... no one has given more to the Club then Lucas in that current team. And he also deserves to be shown more respect from our support. Never bitched, never moans and has had days on the field when the support has treated him like shite. Been in the ground myself and some of the shit he took when he first arrived was fucking shameful. He makes mistakes but he has never short changed this club or the supporters.   

Deserves a testimonial that lad.   
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2017, 02:24:17 pm »
Snip.

I appreciate this analysis. Although, I really do think Milner will be gone in the summer. I know this will probably receive some stick from other posters, but if we sign a LB to be starter, I don't think Milner will want to be here being back-up LB and 5th choice center mid. I do think that with Milner going, we might end up keeping Lucas as he seems slightly more amenable to his current squad status.

edit: I should mention, I'm a big fan of Milner. Been following him since his Leeds days.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:26:12 pm by heylookitsjacob »

Offline Red78

• Main Stander
  • One bird for life.
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »
Nice guy, but would Spurs or City or Chelsea have him in their squad? Me thinks not. He just always seems to give away stupid free kicks outside our box at crucial moments over the years.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2017, 02:45:28 pm »
I appreciate this analysis. Although, I really do think Milner will be gone in the summer. I know this will probably receive some stick from other posters, but if we sign a LB to be starter, I don't think Milner will want to be here being back-up LB and 5th choice center mid. I do think that with Milner going, we might end up keeping Lucas as he seems slightly more amenable to his current squad status.

edit: I should mention, I'm a big fan of Milner. Been following him since his Leeds days.
We aren't looking to sign a new LB starter. We only want a young squad player for the position like Ryan Sessegnon.

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2017, 02:47:45 pm »
We aren't looking to sign a new LB starter.

Is that right? Well my mistake then, carry on!

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2017, 02:49:47 pm »
Nice guy, but would Spurs or City or Chelsea have him in their squad? Me thinks not. He just always seems to give away stupid free kicks outside our box at crucial moments over the years.

Didn't chelsea have mikel in there squad for 8 years? don't city have fabian delph? plus they had that donkey defender for years

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2017, 03:23:12 pm »

Why does it matter if Spurs, City, or Chelsea (teams we've beaten this season) would have him in their squad? Would we have a lot of their back-up/squad players in our squad? I agree he gives away unnecessary free kicks in dangerous positions (can you remember him during his first season? haha) but he has been a brilliant servant to the club, and always puts in 110% when called upon. He's also happy to fill in when needed, and seems to get on really with with the whole team. Lucas for me, is the least of our problems going forward.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2017, 03:42:15 pm »

The noise seems to be that we're targetting Sessegnon at Fulham to have him back up Milner at LB. So Milner is going nowhere.

Offline Commodore64

• Kemlynite
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2017, 05:15:02 pm »
Other than leadership and general ability. He's been great the past few weeks.

Show a bit of respect.

I don't think he has much 'general ability'. Leadership? Off the field, maybe. On it, not so much. I certainly don't think he has been anything like 'great' in the past few weeks. As for showing respect, I don't really get your point. I'm not insulting Lucas, I'm sharing my opinion on his values as a footballer. I know RAWK isn't famed for its love of dissenting voices, but you're just going to have to accept that there is a large amount of people who simply do not rate his footballing ability. That's not a personal, disrespectful thing to say, it's just how I feel about him as a footballer playing for a club I've supported for 30 years. I don't think he is anywhere near good enough to hold down a position and I hope we replace him with a better footballer as it will benefit the football club. Don't like that view, that's fine; there's plenty of others.

It's really baffling when people find the time to bash him after such an excellent performance. He even supplied the assist in a one-nil match. :S

If it was just one game, which I thought it was average to poor in, then to talk like this would be inappropriate. However, it's a trend that has been going on for a very long time. I do appreciate that he got an assist, but how many assists does he have in his Liverpool career? You've got to have a perspective that's wider than 90 minutes. Footballer have a baseline, and the occasionally flick on isn't something remarkable or worthy of a place in a team, more a barebones minimum for any footballer. I'm not going to congratulate him on having feet or being able to run, either.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2017, 05:21:30 pm »
He's had a couple of good games, but doesn't mask how awful he's been the past five or so seasons. Personally i've never rated him, and i find it a lot of hot air to believe the hype about that one supposed season before his injury when he was playing well years ago.

Need an upgrade in midfield. If we go into next season with him as a backup we've failed to address issues again. We'll have injuries again, and we need quality coming through, not Lucas.

No doubt his support group will now proceed to upload a gif of that pass to Gerrard against Newcastle 8 years ago.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2017, 05:23:42 pm »
Utterly fucking clueless the last two posters.