Author Topic: Peaky Blinders - Season 5 - 25th Aug 2019 9pm - BBC1  (Read 59192 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: Peaky Blinders - Season 5 - 25th Aug 2019 9pm - BBC1
« Reply #40 on: November 3, 2014, 04:17:15 pm »
Great show but the accents get in the way, Cillian Murphy can do it well but a lot of the others flounder.

Dodgy accents, you can't believe it, could have cast of native actors who could have done it and built it around Murphy as the "name".  He is fantastic in it, contrast to Breakfast on pluto.

They tried the locals in Crossroads and Benny is still in the shed!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 7, 2014, 07:27:46 am »
Wow! That was some conclusion, could it have been more tense! Tommy had so much on his plate and it was all served up to him in one meal! Hopefully theres scope there for another series, plenty of loose ends with the final dialogue proving to be a clinker.

Great great series, have enjoyed watching every minute of it.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #42 on: November 7, 2014, 12:20:11 pm »
That actress who play grace has had a nose job.

Deffo had a rhinoplasty done before season 2.

After seeing your post I noticed last night and she deffo has had a nose job.

I thought she was pretty enough before though.

Excellent end to the, all too short, series, thoroughly looking forward to the 3rd sometime in 2015.
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 7, 2014, 12:22:55 pm »
Superb series from beginning to end..

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #44 on: November 7, 2014, 03:21:27 pm »
Great finale. The whole scene with Tommy and the grave was masterfully done, a roller coaster of emotions for the character in the space of a few minutes.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 7, 2014, 07:04:09 pm »
Great finale. The whole scene with Tommy and the grave was masterfully done, a roller coaster of emotions for the character in the space of a few minutes.

That scene reminded me slightly of the Good, The Bad and the Ugly, plus one with their positions around him,  anyway glad Thomas is still alive, twas a powerful scene with Aunty and  Sam Neill character in the booth it was brilliantly done.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2014, 07:05:44 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #46 on: November 7, 2014, 07:25:32 pm »
cracking finale...and hats off to Polly for the line of the night  ;D

top notch British drama - I think Cillian Murphy has found his signature role....already looking forward to its return
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #47 on: November 8, 2014, 04:23:19 am »
so many good moments in that finale, and well worthy of the excellent second series.  if anything, i think it outshone the first series in just about every way.

Spoiler
can someone explain to me what tommy claimed to have rigged up with the barrel and the wire?  how was that meant to work?

i was just about convinced that the beeb were ready to make a deadwood-sized mistake and pull the plug on the series by killing both main characters.  that was some turnaround :)

campbell has to be dead this time though.  surely...

and the imminent patter of little shelbys was so obvious...
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 8, 2014, 09:51:16 am »
Great show.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #49 on: November 8, 2014, 09:53:41 am »
Just finished season 2, brilliant end to a brilliant series. Can't wait for the next season to start

Offline Dingus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Man Without Fear
« Reply #50 on: November 8, 2014, 10:05:26 am »
so many good moments in that finale, and well worthy of the excellent second series.  if anything, i think it outshone the first series in just about every way.

Spoiler
can someone explain to me what tommy claimed to have rigged up with the barrel and the wire?  how was that meant to work?

it was a grenade I think? anyone leaving the warehouse but Tommy, or if he didn't leave by a certain time, his trigger man outside would blow it, and as it was a booze warehouse, that would bring the whole place down?
love the show and can't wait for season 3, would guess Sam Neill is dead this time, though his accent died a long time ago! ;D

[close]

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 8, 2014, 09:20:59 pm »

Spoiler
i know it was a grenade, i'm just wondering how it's possible to rig a grenade up so that the pin is removed but it can only be detonated by someone standing some distance away.  i'm interested in the setup, and it seemed the writers expected people to know what was going on so i thought it might be common knowledge to everyone but me.

not that i'm planning anything :)
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 9, 2014, 12:42:45 am »
Just downloaded Nick Caves (best of) need to hear more of his stuff.

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 9, 2014, 09:59:18 am »
Spoiler
i know it was a grenade, i'm just wondering how it's possible to rig a grenade up so that the pin is removed but it can only be detonated by someone standing some distance away.  i'm interested in the setup, and it seemed the writers expected people to know what was going on so i thought it might be common knowledge to everyone but me.

not that i'm planning anything :)
[close]

This is what I thought he was on about.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2014, 04:06:39 pm »
This is what I thought he was on about.

ok, that's sort of what i thought.  so he would have had to lay a line of wire behind him from outside, and somehow rig it up safely in an instant.  good thing he was bluffing :)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2014, 09:54:39 am »
Watched the finale yesterday. Just lovely. Beautifully shot and written throughout the episode and with a scene towards the end that is really excellently put.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »
This is great. Only found out about it 2 weeks ago. Just 2 episodes left to watch of season 2 until the long wait for seaosn 3. 
Football is a lie

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 11:08:13 am »
Finished it last night. Probably one of my favourite series now, similar to Boardwalk Empire but much better IMO. Love it, just a shame its only 6 episodes a season.

Spoiler
Whos Tommy gonna marry then? The hot blonde or the hot brunette? Jammy git.
[close]

Loved Sam Neill in it in that almost every line he says I end up totally despising the contemptible bastard. Terrific acting. Arthur is hilarious when hes booming out obscenities. Great mix of humour, tension, romance and violence. Great stuff. Dont fuck with the Peaky Blinders. So whens Season 3 out?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:12:26 am by bobadicious »
Football is a lie

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2015, 03:09:02 pm »
bump

any idea as to when season 3 starts?

They only started filming it a few weeks ago. Some pics on their twitter: https://twitter.com/ThePeakyBlinder

Doesn't look like they have filmed in Liverpool yet.

Edit: They have been filming in Port Sunlight: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/peaky-blinders-fans-share-photos-10215431
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:11:13 pm by Craig S »

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2015, 04:11:15 pm »
They only started filming it a few weeks ago. Some pics on their twitter: https://twitter.com/ThePeakyBlinder

Doesn't look like they have filmed in Liverpool yet.

Edit: They have been filming in Port Sunlight: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/peaky-blinders-fans-share-photos-10215431

Yeah they were defo in Port Sunlight, made me late for my train the other week.  ;)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2016, 11:32:11 pm »
back on 5th may, and lovely bit of radiohead in the trailer :)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 8, 2016, 03:39:37 am »
i know it was on at the same time as the game, but nobody caught up with this?  not a typical opening episode given the surroundings and the company, but good fun nonetheless.  the accents are getting better again, and great music choices as usual...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 8, 2016, 09:24:07 am »
i know it was on at the same time as the game, but nobody caught up with this?  not a typical opening episode given the surroundings and the company, but good fun nonetheless.  the accents are getting better again, and great music choices as usual...

Caught it on iPlayer. It was great.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #63 on: May 8, 2016, 10:15:52 am »
It wasn't bad but personally I didn't enjoy it much till the end of it.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2016, 05:44:53 pm »
took me three days to find the time to finish the one episode, but loved it. Will check what the music was added over the band when he asked for ragtime - Arctic Monkeys?.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2016, 05:49:48 pm »
Episode 2 just finished

Spoiler
fuck sake, hope Grace isn't dead. Also who the priest? I thought he was IRA but then he's working with Scotland Yard so I don't have a baldy. Season 3 started off slowly but shits just hit the fan there!
[close]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:12:28 pm by bobadicious »
Football is a lie

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2016, 06:12:57 am »
This is just a great show, season one was truly awesome, season two also great and now I can't wait for the third. It is on Netflix here in USA from May 31st, I hope all episodes are up at once , cos I will have it finished by June 2nd in that case. Am avoiding this thread until then , but may download episodes 1&2 due to high anticipation.  This is based on a true story allegedly, does anyone know where I could find out more about that?
Peaky fuckin Blinders !

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2016, 09:04:16 pm »
It's more like a hollywoodification of a notorious Birmingham gang, who dabbled in betting but were mainly just nasty. I worked on a summer Festival in Birmingham about 1987, and an older woman who worked in the events office at that time really knew her stuff on them, and I used to ask questions. There is a remnant a century later in the BCFC ultras, but of course after all this time, a sorry bunch. One instance of note though, a writer had an event in a City centre pub (possibly the Barrell Organ), just slightly closer to their ground than Villa's, and he had a villa player in the book, or the book was about the villa player, and the City ultras went in to see the landlord and told him the event was off or his pub would be torched - this was their territory. The event was cancelled.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:06:53 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2016, 11:42:24 pm »
very nasty at times, and that breathtaking final shot of the latest episode, framed like a classical painting, is one of my favourite TV images ever.  beautifully done.

and a music director somewhere is clearly hooked on 'amnesiac', which is no bad thing :)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2016, 11:10:33 pm »
That last episode [Season 3 episode 3] was magnificent.

I love it when the creators of these things whether it be film, TV drama or music suddenly seem to have attained a level where they're in such command of the quality of what they're creating it's almost as if they're taking the piss.

This episode attained that sort of level. Fabulous stuff.

Of course, I may have been swayed marginally in this perception by them including my favourite ever Tom Waits 3 minutes with Soldiers Things. Then again, perhaps not for set against Tom's inclusion was the inclusion of PJ Harvey's abomination of Red Right Hand

:)

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2016, 11:04:31 am »
Things are beginning to heat up. Last episode was great. 3 more to go!
Football is a lie

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2016, 02:54:57 pm »
disgusted with the last episode, as there was no track from 'amnesiac'.

Spoiler
(it was really good, actually.)

apart from anything else, i'm surprised that they were confident enough not to have grace somehow survive.  the whole family dynamic is on a knife-edge now.  can't wait to see how it unfolds.

why can't all british TV be this good?
[close]

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2016, 08:27:46 pm »
disgusted with the last episode, as there was no track from 'amnesiac'.

Spoiler
(it was really good, actually.)

apart from anything else, i'm surprised that they were confident enough not to have grace somehow survive.  the whole family dynamic is on a knife-edge now.  can't wait to see how it unfolds.

why can't all british TV be this good?
[close]

Spoiler
Surprised she didn't properly die on screen. It was a novel way to deliver the news really, but it worked.

I've blitzed through the first two seasons recently, unfortunately her first "death" at the end of season one was spoilt for me due to the big picture of the wedding in the Metro to publicise season 3.

[close]
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2016, 01:13:46 am »
That last episode [Season 3 episode 4] was possibly even more magnificent than episode 3.

I love it when the creators of these things whether it be film, TV drama or music suddenly seem to have attained a level where they're in such command of the quality of what they're creating it's almost as if they're taking the piss.

This episode attained that sort of level. Fabulous stuff.

Of course, the one drawback was no Tom Waits. Then again, this was balanced by there being no PJ Harvey.

:)

Online moondog

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2016, 02:17:55 am »
Anyone know how many episodes in this series?

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2016, 10:46:50 am »
Anyone know how many episodes in this series?

6 usually isn't it?
Football is a lie

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 05:21:09 pm »
Spoiler
the half-naked crazy russian woman in the hallway, with grace looming over the pair of them like an avenging angel - what superb visuals...

the easter/tommy as christ analogy was a bit clumsy (the betrayal to the roman(catholic)s, the torture, the resurrection etc), but the scenes individually were superb.

what's the betting after tommy sacked everyone with a military background, that mary is the mole?

and given that he's got the promise of redemption and a happy ending, i guess arthur's days are numbered :(
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2016, 12:21:33 pm »
I love how Arthur does Thomas' head in at times. Thomas was sitting in his office and hear Arthur's voice closing in and goes "Here we go..."  ;D

Online moondog

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #78 on: June 1, 2016, 12:53:52 am »
6 usually isn't it?
Yeah they are all on Netflix here now,  caught up to the UK now, episode 4 was real good stuff as said elsewhere and I look forward to finishing it off tomorrow morning. Will be straight on here to spoil it for everyone.

Not really.

Online moondog

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #79 on: June 1, 2016, 07:18:00 pm »
Wow. Those last two episodes were awesome.