Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 316223 times)

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Re: Serie A
« Reply #1800 on: March 9, 2020, 06:54:05 pm »
Now the chicken with the head cut off finally ran into a lamp post  :butt

Empty stadiums are safe to play in. *shakes head*

Just order to Lombardian teams to leave the worst zones and carry on elsewhere. At this rate it's not realistic that Italian clubs will continue playing in Europe this season given they still haven't even ordered Atalanta and Inter to move out of their areas.
They need to make a decision on the Euros now. Postpone until next year and allow domestic leagues and champions league/Europa to run into late June.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1801 on: March 9, 2020, 08:47:39 pm »
All Serie A games have now been cancelled until April.
it's obviously the right decision but when do they plan to play those 5-6 weeks?

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1802 on: March 10, 2020, 12:50:28 am »
I watched a few minutes of the Genoa game. It was weird being able to hear the players calling for the ball and the stadium silent. Like watching a game down the park.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1803 on: March 10, 2020, 09:37:41 am »
it's obviously the right decision but when do they plan to play those 5-6 weeks?

Beggars belief. I was reading yesterday that Serie A were only hesitant to postpone games so far cause of the Euros in the summer ( as in if they were to be cancelled, they would gladly do it). Decisions has been taken out of their hands now. I would guess with teams still have to play 12 and 13 games just in the league, midweek games are a must now but there is Europe as well. What a shitshow.

Also, non football related but when asked about how come they have so many incidents with coronavirus , the officials are absolutely adamant they have contacted thousands and thousands more tests than any other country.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1804 on: March 10, 2020, 12:14:21 pm »
Beggars belief. I was reading yesterday that Serie A were only hesitant to postpone games so far cause of the Euros in the summer ( as in if they were to be cancelled, they would gladly do it). Decisions has been taken out of their hands now.
UEFA are making it very difficult for themselves. If they wait much longer they are going to be in a very tricky situation. This virus isn’t going away yet, it will affect most European counties and result in behind closed door matches. This isn’t rocket science, it’s happening now. They need to get out ahead of this, make a decision and allow the clubs a bit of breathing space. They face a variety of legal challenges if leagues and club competitions aren’t finished. They need to say that club football takes priority and will be given the required time to finish. Ultimately that means the Euros go but they can be moved to next summer.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1805 on: March 10, 2020, 05:18:47 pm »
Italian season might not be concluded, champions could be decided by current standings.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51824172
#Sausages

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1806 on: March 10, 2020, 05:45:56 pm »
Italian season might not be concluded, champions could be decided by current standings.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51824172

The playoffs or no champion options scare the shit out of me.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1807 on: March 10, 2020, 05:51:53 pm »
There is no way they could do that here. We have already pretty much won it.

In Italy they have 12 games left and only a point between the top two. It would be very unfair on Lazio to declare Juventus champions at the moment. A playoff makes most sense. Even a best of 3.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1808 on: March 10, 2020, 05:55:25 pm »
This is madness. It's international football that needs scrapping for the short term. Postpone the break coming up then postpone or cancel the Euros. Then the domestic leagues could postpone games knowing they'd have time to finish the season a month or so late.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: March 10, 2020, 06:07:36 pm »

Of course they do.  Aren't you the guy who thinks we can still fuck up even though we can draw six games and still win the title?  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1810 on: March 10, 2020, 06:57:30 pm »
This is madness. It's international football that needs scrapping for the short term. Postpone the break coming up then postpone or cancel the Euros. Then the domestic leagues could postpone games knowing they'd have time to finish the season a month or so late.

I've long hated the March International break, it's tricky this year with the Euro playoff games, because of that Nations League, i can see all International friendly's being called off, with the playoffs behind closed doors.
#Sausages

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1811 on: March 10, 2020, 07:07:48 pm »
I’m still quite astonished that UEFA haven’t said anything yet, how much disruption are they waiting for?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1812 on: March 10, 2020, 07:12:05 pm »
The knock on effect could me marked. We still have CL football, plus standings need to be confirmed for the CL and Europa League draws for next year.  Teams fighting relegation will be hit hardest imo.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1813 on: March 10, 2020, 07:13:02 pm »
Italy are due to play England away on 27th March, then Germany away 31st, surely both those are going to be postponed.
#Sausages

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: March 10, 2020, 07:16:33 pm »
There is no way they could do that here. We have already pretty much won it.

In Italy they have 12 games left and only a point between the top two. It would be very unfair on Lazio to declare Juventus champions at the moment. A playoff makes most sense. Even a best of 3.

I’d accept it if we get a bye to the final, to be played at Anfield, where we’re given a one goal head start for every three points we finished ahead of 2nd place, the game is 5 minutes each way, and we can play 15 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers. The ref also has to send an opposition player off every 60 seconds.

That would be fair considering the position we find ourselves in.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1815 on: March 10, 2020, 07:48:50 pm »
I’d accept it if we get a bye to the final, to be played at Anfield, where we’re given a one goal head start for every three points we finished ahead of 2nd place, the game is 5 minutes each way, and we can play 15 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers. The ref also has to send an opposition player off every 60 seconds.

That would be fair considering the position we find ourselves in.

Would need to be like Gladiators. We are contender one. We get to start the match on the first whistle. City are contender two. They start on the 2nd whistle. The 2nd whistle sounds in the 89th minute.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1816 on: March 10, 2020, 07:53:30 pm »
Italy are due to play England away on 27th March, then Germany away 31st, surely both those are going to be postponed.
I think that's pretty much guaranteed
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1817 on: March 10, 2020, 08:53:01 pm »
Of course they do.  Aren't you the guy who thinks we can still fuck up even though we can draw six games and still win the title?  ;D
Hahaha, no, that's why I moved on to worrying about this now instead!
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1818 on: April 14, 2020, 07:55:23 pm »
Football italia have been writing about / revisiting old games, the halcyon days, great players. Pirlo once played with Roberto Baggio at Brescia. How cool is that...

https://www.football-italia.net/151697/divine-turning-point

Spoiler

A divine turning point
One crisp April afternoon in 2001, Brescia teammates Andrea Pirlo and Roberto Baggio combined to create a magical goal. Martin Mork recalls a key moment in the Divine Ponytail's career.

On April 1, 2001, with four minutes left on the clock, Andrea Pirlo collects the ball in the centre circle of the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin after some frantic arcade football. Dancing with it for a few moments, he gives it peace with a gentle touch, lets it wobble on the potted grass, unmarked and in space, before looking up to see Roberto Baggio pointing in the direction he would like to have it played. The No 10 starts his run from the trequarti, in behind the opponent’s defence as Pirlo unleashes the drone towards the set target.

The lofted pass swirls through the air with exact pace and precision to drop over Baggio as he runs into the penalty box. As the veteran pulls himself free from the defence, the ponytail whiffs up and down as he opens his body, lets the ball neatly fall over his shoulder before faking a first touch finish.

The proposed volley stops, as his foot instead only slightly makes contact with the ball, to change its direction with a soft but instinctive movement that carries it past the rushing Edwin van der Sar, to open up an empty net for the left-footed finish.

Juventus 1-1 Brescia. The Bianconeri look helplessly on as Baggio runs towards the stands and is embraced by his teammates. One, two, pas de bourrée. In the moment it was masterful imagination, and to this day is heralded as a prime example of what stood Baggio head, shoulders and ponytail above his peers.

The goal was Baggio’s 163rd in Serie A, but only his third for the Rondinelle, and it proved the real turning point for Il Divino Codino at Brescia.

The Old Lady had been punished by their former hero. Coming from a 4-1 defeat against Lazio in Rome, they were falling further and further back to protect the three vital points in the Scudetto battle, eventually falling at the feet of Italy’s arguably greatest forward in the modern game. One moment to change the story completely, from the future star’s pass to the iconic veteran finishing off his last chapter of an illustrious career, still claiming the role of the protagonist in yet another Scudetto tale.

Without the Baggio goal, Carlo Ancelotti might have brought the title to Turin. Eventually, finishing the season second behind Roma in the League, seeing the Scudetto end up in the Italian capital for the second consecutive year despite having surpassed the reigning champions Lazio in the table.

Baggio himself had left Inter during the summer of 2000, arriving at Brescia old and greying, but ever so hungry. Despite having entered the final chapter of his career, the talisman chose to lead by example, staying hours upon hours after training to practice on his own, outside of the scheduled sessions, inspiring the younger stars to do the same. The missing piece to give Brescia stability and focus in the top tier after tempestuous seasons of promotion and relegation.

“He was a silent leader, and above all, he was a leader on the pitch,” Pirlo said about Baggio during their time together at Brescia. “When he played for the team, he made you win the games.” But the former Italy international had both something to prove and something to gain at Brescia. A move abroad could have prevented him from playing in his fourth World Cup, he couldn’t take any chances. But after falling out with Coach Marcello Lippi at Inter, he found a friend in Brescia.

Carlo Mazzone signed a two-year deal with the superstar despite his troubled knee, admitting that “he’d arrive an hour early to have physiotherapy and do strengthening exercises, then was the last to leave.” Maximum belief and effort, though, didn’t stop the player being weighed him down at the start of his career with his new club.

Baggio struggled to find his feet and didn’t score until February, seven months into the season. It still didn’t look like he was going to kick off after that brace against Fiorentina in Week 19. Three defeats followed, before the real turning point – and moment of mastery – came for both team and No 10. The goal against Juventus was the first in a run of eight in six consecutive games, culminating in a hat-trick against Lecce on May 5. From the Week 24 draw with Juventus, the Old Lady went on to lose the title on the last day of the season by two points to Roma. Meanwhile, Brescia didn’t lose again in 2000-01 (6W 5D), with Baggio continuing his form into 2001-02, opening that campaign with eight goals in the first eight rounds, before injury interrupted. Even with that pause, it was the start of a memorable final chapter in the game for one of Italy’s most iconic players that can be traced back to the moment of magic in Turin.

“Baggio was one of the greatest Italian football players of all time,” Mazzone once reflected. “But I can tell you this, he was an even greater man. He was quiet, polite, respectful, humble. He never let his great talent weigh on anyone else. He was a friend who helped me win games on a Sunday.”

[close]

That Baggio touch to set up the finish, the disguise in that touch, is mesmerising.

They had a nice article on Maradona at Napoli as well, about his first season. Another on Zeman.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 07:59:02 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1819 on: April 21, 2020, 10:22:06 pm »
James Richardson has been uploading episodes of football Italia on his YouTube channel  8)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1820 on: April 21, 2020, 11:36:22 pm »
James Richardson has been uploading episodes of football Italia on his YouTube channel  8)
That should be enough to get me through lockdown, if he puts Gazzetta up there as well.  I remember one where the intro skit was a bewigged Gianluca Vialli evading an interview by pretending not to know who ‘Vialli’ was, or what James was doing there, and directing him over yonder instead.  Hard to imagine Harry Kane acting out something similar with some random foreign journo of a Saturday morning.  Might be on foreign telly every week I suppose.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: April 22, 2020, 12:24:24 am »
Makes you think how lucky we were in those halcyon days of Serie A in the 90's to early 00's, free to watch on C4 and it was the most star studded ridiculous array of talent to feast on a sunday afternoon.

PL can boast it's the best, but it will never touch that 80's to early 00's for the world's best talent plying their trade in one country, not even La Liga in the Galactico and Messi/Ronaldo era's comes close to those 2 decades in Serie A.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: April 22, 2020, 07:03:18 am »
This other channel I have found has been uploading full games from that time period
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MuvEUY-h4&t=420s

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1823 on: April 22, 2020, 08:12:49 am »
the intro skit was a bewigged Gianluca Vialli evading an interview by pretending not to know who ‘Vialli’ was, or what James was doing there, and directing him over yonder instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmCyH2iSvOY&t=31s
“You left these behind!”

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1824 on: April 22, 2020, 09:14:39 am »
I remember when they introduced a third show, mezzanotte, which channel 4 used to broadcast, unsurprisingly, at Sunday midnight into Monday morning and it showed the Sunday night game which back then was the only non Sunday 3.00 kick off. I used to video it and then either watch it during breakfast before school on a Monday morning if time permitted, or wait until I got back from school in the afternoon. Easy to avoid the score back then so always enjoyed watching it.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1825 on: April 22, 2020, 01:04:37 pm »
Makes you think how lucky we were in those halcyon days of Serie A in the 90's to early 00's, free to watch on C4 and it was the most star studded ridiculous array of talent to feast on a sunday afternoon.

PL can boast it's the best, but it will never touch that 80's to early 00's for the world's best talent plying their trade in one country, not even La Liga in the Galactico and Messi/Ronaldo era's comes close to those 2 decades in Serie A.

It was the quality throughout the league.

As an example Roma came 5th in 1995-96. They had Aldiar, Carboni, Di Baggio, Thern,Balbo, Fonseca, Totti, Delvechio in their squad.

Parma came 6th and had Couto, Sensini, Stiochkov, Zola, Brolin, Buffon, Cannavaro, Inzaghi, Aspirill, Dino Baggio in their squad

Internazionale came 7th and had Roberto Carlos, Javier Zanetti, Paul Ince, Benito Carbone, Giuseppe Bergomi, Gianluca Festa, Maurizio Ganz, Nicola Berti

Sampdoria came 8th and had Zenga, Mihajilovic, Seedorf, Karambeau, Mancini, Chiesa

I just chose that season randomly and took a look at the squad of teams who would be outside the 'CL places' now. They are strong players for teams finishing g in 5th to 8th. I just don't think you get that concentration of top players playing for teams who are finishing as low as 8th in any other league. Suspect the squads would be even stronger further going further down the league if you looked in the mid 1980's.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1826 on: April 22, 2020, 01:06:56 pm »
80/90/early 00's was peak Serie A and as has been said the talent collected in one league for that period of time hasn't been matched yet.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1827 on: April 22, 2020, 01:18:46 pm »
It was the quality throughout the league.

As an example Roma came 5th in 1995-96. They had Aldiar, Carboni, Di Baggio, Thern,Balbo, Fonseca, Totti, Delvechio in their squad.

Parma came 6th and had Couto, Sensini, Stiochkov, Zola, Brolin, Buffon, Cannavaro, Inzaghi, Aspirill, Dino Baggio in their squad

Internazionale came 7th and had Roberto Carlos, Javier Zanetti, Paul Ince, Benito Carbone, Giuseppe Bergomi, Gianluca Festa, Maurizio Ganz, Nicola Berti

Sampdoria came 8th and had Zenga, Mihajilovic, Seedorf, Karambeau, Mancini, Chiesa

I just chose that season randomly and took a look at the squad of teams who would be outside the 'CL places' now. They are strong players for teams finishing g in 5th to 8th. I just don't think you get that concentration of top players playing for teams who are finishing as low as 8th in any other league. Suspect the squads would be even stronger further going further down the league if you looked in the mid 1980's.

And Roy Hodgson as manager
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: April 22, 2020, 01:19:42 pm »
80/90/early 00's was peak Serie A and as has been said the talent collected in one league for that period of time hasn't been matched yet.

Don't forget there were strict limits on foreigners. The 3 Dutchies @ AC, 3 Germans @ Inter.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1829 on: April 22, 2020, 01:21:46 pm »
Don't forget there were strict limits on foreigners. The 3 Dutchies @ AC, 3 Germans @ Inter.

and the home grown lads weren't half bad?  ;D

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1830 on: April 22, 2020, 01:24:34 pm »
Loved watching Serie A and La Liga on Sgorio on S4C in the late 80's and early 90's. Occasionally you'd get an Ajax game or a bit of another European league

Felt like you were cheating the system being able to watch foreign football in the UK. When Football Italia came on C4 that was another level. In the 1980's and early 90's there wasn't much football on at all, never mind games from outside of England. I think it's probably from the mid 90's onwards that the mystique of the World Cup begun to wane since you had begin to see these players more regularly rather than once every 4 years.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1831 on: April 22, 2020, 01:25:30 pm »
And Roy Hodgson as manager

Good point. They didn't have everything their own way.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: April 22, 2020, 01:39:53 pm »
Inter were massive bottlers at that time in 1999-2000 they had Vieri, Zamarano, Ronaldo and Baggio as their attacking options and they came 4th  ;D

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1833 on: April 22, 2020, 01:42:13 pm »
Italian teams representation in European finals between 1989 and 1999 is insane. Sampdoria, Lazio and Parma all reached finals as well as the regular big hitters.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1834 on: April 22, 2020, 01:50:55 pm »
Italian teams representation in European finals between 1989 and 1999 is insane. Sampdoria, Lazio and Parma all reached finals as well as the regular big hitters.
roma I think made a uefa cup final in the early 90s, can remember Genoa knocking a shite us out of europe in 1991 I think, Bologna got to the uefa cup semis in 99, Cagliari got to the uefa semis in 94, some mad depth in those days, fiorentina were second at Christmas in 92/93 and ended up getting relegated

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1835 on: April 22, 2020, 01:54:57 pm »
Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina and Torino reached the UEFA Cup final in consecutive years from 1989, stop trying to make Serie A look shit mate.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1836 on: April 22, 2020, 02:02:36 pm »
Infact to put it into context, Italy has representatives in every UEFA cup final between 89 and 99 apart from 96 and every European cup final apart from 1991 and 1999. List below with the winners named first:

Uefa:
89- Napoli v Stuttgart
90- Juve v Fiorentina
91- Inter v Roma
92- Ajax v Torino
93- Juve v Dortmund
94- Inter v Salzburg
95- Parma v Juve
96- Bayern
97- Schalke v Inter
98- Inter v Lazio
99- Parma v Marseille

So of the eleven finals, Italian teams in 10, Italian winners in 8 and both finalists Italian in 4.

Champions league:
1989- Milan v Bucharest
1990- Milan v Benfica
1991- Red Star
1992- Barca v Sampdoria
1993- Marseille v Milan
1994- Milan v Barca
1995- Ajax v Milan
1996- Juve v Ajax
1997- Dortmund v Juve
1998- Madrid v Juve
1999- Who cares?

So the eleven finals, Italian teams in 9, Italian winners in 4. Shows how much of a class above Milan were in the first part of the decade and Juve the second. How Juve only won once in the second half of the decade is a mystery, they were an unbelievable side and but for an implosion against Yernited in the second leg in ‘99 would have been in four successive finals.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1837 on: April 22, 2020, 02:02:40 pm »
Inter were massive bottlers at that time in 1999-2000 they had Vieri, Zamarano, Ronaldo and Baggio as their attacking options and they came 4th  ;D
1998 season Inter got robbed in a big title game near end of the season away at Juve with those penalty decisions, I remember screaming at my Tv and cursing the Referee.

Luciano Moggi must have had that Ref in his pocket.

This Youtube comment made me laugh.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hw4yEqB1x-Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Hw4yEqB1x-Q</a>
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 02:07:31 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1838 on: April 22, 2020, 02:03:43 pm »
Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina and Torino reached the UEFA Cup final in consecutive years from 1989, stop trying to make Serie A look shit mate.
:)
I’ve just posted the full list above, makes for impressive reading.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 02:06:51 pm by BobPaisley3 »

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1839 on: April 22, 2020, 02:06:37 pm »
roma I think made a uefa cup final in the early 90s, can remember Genoa knocking a shite us out of europe in 1991 I think, Bologna got to the uefa cup semis in 99, Cagliari got to the uefa semis in 94, some mad depth in those days, fiorentina were second at Christmas in 92/93 and ended up getting relegated
Yeah incredible strength. A provincial side like Parma turning out with Buffon, Cannavaro and Thuram to name but 3.