Author Topic: Round Table Ruminations: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester Utd  (Read 10147 times)

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
Re: Round Table Ruminations: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester Utd
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 09:47:36 pm »
I thought the game want nearly exactly to plan...for Man U,  they came to stifle us for a hour and then nick a goal - except for our goal it nearly worked.  I think we played well however as mentioned in posts above the distance between Luis and the rest of the tam was far too much it rendered any attacks useless and easy to defend against.
I think we have made progression to a team which plays in a consent functional manner but its clear to me with need to 2 possible 3 players in midfield and attack who can cause problems if we are looking to compete with the top 5 teams in England let alone in Europe - I would like them to be world class but I would settle for world class prospects

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 01:11:58 pm »
I do not know if this is mentioned or not.

But it is only Ferguson who can get praised for playing such a defensive line up. If it had been Rafa, everyone would have totally different reactions.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 01:49:01 pm »
Some might be praising him for the approach but as a United fan I'm not one of 'em. I wanted us always to take the game to our fiercest rivals and threaten them - not stifle the game in the middle of the park with 5 central defenders and wait for a smash and grab.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 10:02:25 am »
bump for last day of discussion (if needs be) before it gets moved over.
Yep.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 01:02:46 pm »
Obviously this game - over a week ago now - must have taken an AWFUL lt out of United - after yesterday's debacle...... :o :o :( :(
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994