Author Topic: PL: Bournemouth 0 vs 4 Liverpool Nunez 49’ 90+3’ Jota 70’ 79’  (Read 17145 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Bournemouth (The Cherries) v Liverpool
Vitality Stadium
Premier League
Sunday 21 January 2024, 4.30pm

So finally, it’s back to Premier League football after the ‘Winter Break’ (10 days for us) and it’s a potentially tricky away game at the Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth. Liverpool sit at the top of the table whilst the Cherries are having a good season and are currently lying in 12th position on 25 points. In the home game table, however, their form would have them lying in 15th position so not as good as their away form (10th place). They currently have three wins, three draws and three defeats at home. We have reasons to be hopeful.

Overall, we have a good record at the Vitality Stadium with our most recent win there coming in October in the League Cup. Our record under Jurgen in the premier league against the Cherries is 10 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats. Our overall record at the Vitality is 7 wins and 2 defeats. 

Our own form has been fantastic over the last few weeks with confidence boosting wins (and performances) against Arsenal away in the cup and home to Newcastle in the league. A continuation of that form would be great. Of course, since our last league game (on 1st January wow!!!) we have lost Salah and Endo to their international teams and Trent to injury. With injuries to Szoboszlai, Robertson, Tsimi, Matip, Thiago, Bajcetic and Doak, we really are testing the limits of our squad. So far so good and hopefully Szobo will be back for this one. Due to the reduced numbers available to us this weekend the team probably more or less picks itself. Connor Bradley will probably start at right back with Joe Gomez again at left back. You would expect Van Dijk and Konate to complete the defence. If Szobo is fit then we will probably see him, Macallister and Jones in midfield. The only real question marks will be in attack with three from Jota, Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo. I would expect Elliott to be on the bench.

We are traditionally quite poor in January under Jurgen with the upturn generally coming in mid February. Last season was particularly bad with heavy defeats to Brentford, Brighton and Wolves and a draw with Chelsea from the start of January to the middle of February (dark days). If we are to battle for the PL title this time then we can’t afford any kind of slump.

The Cherries are having a very good season under new manager Andoni Iraola (he replaced Gary O’Neil last June) whilst main striker Dominic Solanke is having a really strong season (being ex-Liverpool its really nice to see him do so well – as long as he blanks on Sunday 😊). Solanke has 12 goals and 1 assist in the league so far this season.

It looks like Bournemouth will be without Senesi, Semenyo and Outtara this weekend. Tyler Adams remains injured and won’t be back for this game.

The referee this weekend will be Andy Madley with our old friend Paul Tierney on VAR. Last time we saw Tierney he was denying us a good goal against Burnley. I don’t want to say too much about this as I don’t want to let it ruin the excitement for the game and we have won both games that he has refereed us this season (3-0 v Brentford and 2-0 v Burnley). However, according to Paul Tomkins, Liverpool’s win percentage drops by about 10% with Tierney whilst City’s goes up by almost 20%. He comes from Wigan in Greater Manchester.

Some memorable results from this fixture include the 9-0 win at Anfield for us last season (which unfortunately did not lead to a general improvement in form) and the 4-3 win for them at the Vitality in 2016, in the early days of Klopp.

Bournemouth AFC, was originally founded in 1890 as Boscombe St. John's Institute F.C. and the team went through several name changes before settling on AFC Bournemouth in 1972. The club's home ground was originally called Dean Court but is currently known as the Vitality Stadium. It’s not so long ago now that Bournemouth faced bankruptcy and possible extinction. In 2008 they were punished for going into administration and were relegated to League two. Their fortunes changed quickly however with the arrival of Eddie Howe in 2009.

In the 2014-2015 season Bournemouth won the Football League Championship and gained promotion to the Premier League for the first time in their history. They were subsequently relegated in 2020 before promotion again in 2022.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 06:21:12 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Bournemouth vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 03:35:59 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 03:40:00 pm »
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 03:56:25 pm »
Presumably Billing is injured? Glad about that because he’s one who always looks good when I see Bournemouth. Ah no, he’s listed as Phillip.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 04:01:01 pm by BobPaisley3 »
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 04:31:47 pm »
0 underway at a very very windy Bournemouth, and they win a very early corner.

Behind for another.

And we clear
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 04:32:20 pm »
Bloody hell, doesn’t hurt to clear your lines lads.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 04:33:07 pm »
Yes, a mite slow there to wake up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 04:33:56 pm »
3 great start by Bournemouth, but we see off the initial tempest.

It’s Nunez left, Jota central and Diaz right at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 04:35:51 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 04:35:25 pm »
5 Now our turn to attack, and Jota almost finds a way through
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 04:37:31 pm »
Great header Ibou

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 04:37:39 pm »
6 another corner to them.  Alisson turns it behind at the near post for another one.

Konate heads clear.

The wind is crazy, Bournemouth took maybe the longest thrown in ever, just caught the wind and sailed!
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2024, 04:38:22 pm »
I guess we are playing with the wind first half
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2024, 04:38:50 pm »
Bournemouth started well. Hadn’t realised quite how good their results had been.

Gonna need to really battle today
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2024, 04:40:50 pm »
10 I think it’s starting to settle down a bit now

The reds starting to find possession. Hard to pass with this wind though

Bournemouth break and it’s a terrible pass…. Solanke was in loads of space if they’d found him
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2024, 04:44:36 pm »
Looks really difficult out there. But our pressing is starting to make an impact on their play now and we’re seeing more of the ball
Mac Allister looking good so far though winning it and passing it well

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2024, 04:45:22 pm »
14 Bournemouth are playing the ball nicely considering the weather.

Much better for the reds, but not quite up to speed yet.

Over to jil
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2024, 04:45:40 pm »
Really good work there from Bradley and lovely pass by Macca.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2024, 04:46:39 pm »
Mac has started brilliantly.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2024, 04:46:51 pm »
16 That was a lovely move there through midfield on towards Nunez who does well initially but they crowd him out in the end.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2024, 04:46:56 pm »
Really good work there from Bradley and lovely pass by Macca.
he certainly doesn't look out of place

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2024, 04:49:42 pm »
18 Some good work by midfield once again, we win a thrown in and the ball comes back for Macca, who shoots wide.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2024, 04:51:08 pm »
20 We are mainly in control possession wise but we just can't get the final ball quite right, but our passing is really good at the moment.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2024, 04:51:27 pm »
Wind is just crazy here ….
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2024, 04:53:19 pm »
Mephem fouls Jota and we get a free kick, Macca and Harvey over the ball. In the end its disappointing, Macca hits it too long.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2024, 04:55:06 pm »
24 Crazy bit of wind play there, Nunez tries a shot and why not he may as well have a go. It's very unpredictable.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2024, 04:55:07 pm »
Fantastic from Ibou, brilliant on the ball and pinpoint pass, shame Darwin couldn't do more with it

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2024, 04:56:17 pm »
Macallister some great tackles!
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2024, 04:56:21 pm »
What a ball that is from Bradley.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2024, 04:56:50 pm »
25 We win a corner, it's initially cleared then we fire it back in and it's just put out for another corner. A Van Dijk header is over from the second corner. Great work by Bradley.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2024, 04:56:52 pm »
Macallister some great tackles!
The stand out player in a dog of a match.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2024, 04:58:26 pm »
The stand out player in a dog of a match.
Yep. He’s been excellent

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2024, 04:59:23 pm »
What a ball that is from Bradley.
yep, Ibou just mistimed his jump

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2024, 04:59:28 pm »
Wind is just crazy here ….
Any idea who it’s favouring?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2024, 04:59:46 pm »
28 Harvey and Jones combine but in the end they clear. Then we have more good work done by Macca whose passing is really impressive just now.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2024, 05:00:06 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2024, 05:00:35 pm »
:lmao

Nunez..

Got to love him
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2024, 05:00:36 pm »
Sailors
Ha ha, and lighthouse keepers.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2024, 05:01:09 pm »
30 Another half chance for Nunez but it's not running for him and the ball is out after a challenge with a defender.

Over to Sir Bob.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2024, 05:01:20 pm »
:lmao

Nunez..

Got to love him
Last time the Bournemouth fans took the piss they regretted it, hopefully history repeats itself

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2024, 05:02:23 pm »
Last time the Bournemouth fans took the piss they regretted it, hopefully history repeats itself
exactly
W