Author Topic: The real last day of the KOP!  (Read 9495 times)

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
Re: The real last day of the KOP!
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2008, 09:03:04 pm »
One legacy from the old Kop..  never to be forgotten either.  The old Kop would be very proud.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=twoepVfkwJ4&feature=related

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=S8CEh_TgAg4&feature=related
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline Anfieldite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2008, 09:51:19 pm »
Actually, how dangerous is that terrace. If people started to surge and fall forwards there was nothing to stop them. Scary.

Yeah I know what you mean, it doesn't half look steep. Was it reprofiled to mke it shallower at some point?

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2008, 10:11:32 pm »
Or you get a good spec just in front of a barrier.  No real shoving from behind, nice and comfy. Sorted.  A few latecomers and a goal later and you were suddenly battling not to be the feller limpeted to the barrier in front. ;)
Is where I always stood, right in front of the barrier. You actually learned how to ride the crowd after a while. A big surge forward for a chance or a near miss and everyone went down the steps then, at the moment the surge stopped moving forwards, you skippedi t back up before everyone else to reclaim your spot.

When a goal went in, well that was just a free for all for 30 seconds or so.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2008, 10:13:01 pm »
Yeah I know what you mean, it doesn't half look steep. Was it reprofiled to mke it shallower at some point?
Not sure but I don't think so. It was very, very steep as you came out the back of the Kop is all I remember. If it had been much steeper it would have been near vertical.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2008, 12:46:46 am »

They are the old steps at the back of The Kop, not the terrace itself!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org