Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 55079 times)

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #520 on: September 16, 2011, 11:57:53 am »
???

FIFA 10? That was hardly outstanding for me. I play it and it feels a fucking grind to play games, so robust.

I like the way shots can be taken on PES,like side tap ins, drilled along ground etc. FIFA felt smash it or finesse every fucking time.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: September 16, 2011, 12:10:44 pm »
Individuality is still a major strength for PES. Pick up the ball with Gareth Bale and you get the kind of difference you’d expect. Like small nifty players like Modric are great, as they can turn on a six-pence and find a little extra space with a good first touch (as they would in reality).

Haven’t mastered defending yet at all.

Looking forward to giving Fifa 12 demo a run out – I think shooting will be better but I have my doubts on individuality – which is key for me for Master League/Manager mode otherwise no point buying players or building a team is there?
Judging by the comments in the fifa thread, theres little or no individuality. Apparently every dog and his mother can play like Maradona.
I like this game. Has its flaws, aint dazzling with the bright lights but its great great fun. Not a chore. Im buying it. This will be the first PES ive bought in years

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: September 16, 2011, 12:12:32 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vOgpt6J47Nc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vOgpt6J47Nc</a>

3 consecutive epic fails.That has to be a first. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Downloading the second demo right now to get a first taste of the new PES.I guess it's a good thing i haven't tried the first demo?

Hahahahaha funny as fuck

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: September 16, 2011, 07:52:51 pm »
Gallas with the spectacular :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dyj0XxYsKJw?version=3&amp;amp" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dyj0XxYsKJw?version=3&amp;amp</a>

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #524 on: September 16, 2011, 09:00:57 pm »

FIFA 10? That was hardly outstanding for me. I play it and it feels a fucking grind to play games, so robust.

I like the way shots can be taken on PES,like side tap ins, drilled along ground etc. FIFA felt smash it or finesse every fucking time.

Not to mention if you play it now and it feels like playing an arcade game. Plays waaaay too fast.
Sup bitches?

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #525 on: September 17, 2011, 11:48:53 am »
FIFA is just so good i haven't been arsed giving the second demo a try, when i had fully intended on it. EA have knocked it out the park with 12.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #526 on: September 17, 2011, 01:27:26 pm »
FIFA is just so good i haven't been arsed giving the second demo a try, when i had fully intended on it. EA have knocked it out the park with 12.

I enjoyed it, played a few games with it. Still not feeling individuality though. Keepers are immense and graphics are excellent mind.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:30:51 pm by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: September 17, 2011, 02:33:01 pm »
Played Demo 1, hated it

Played Demo 2 a hour or so ago and really enjoyed it. Now i dont know whether there is any radical differences between demo 1 and 2 and i just had a bad experience with demo 1 or a good one with demo 2 but it was just enjoyable playing it

dont know what to get this year, I like the defending on fifa 12 but the new possesion play is OTT and most players can change direction like messi

or pes which does nothing outstanding but it just felt good to play...

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: September 17, 2011, 02:48:44 pm »
I enjoyed it, played a few games with it. Still not feeling individuality though. Keepers are immense and graphics are excellent mind.

Think this gets overplayed massively to be honest. Even if there's some truth to it, i don't think the gap is that wide where it makes a difference. All i know is that i can dribble really well with Messi in 12, pass really well with Xavi, and dribble and pass really well with Iniesta. etc. Good enough for me.  ;D

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: September 17, 2011, 03:58:38 pm »

If anyone has the second demo on PC, someone's released a patch for it so you can play as more teams in Exhibition mode and change the match time, player conditions etc.

http://www.pes-patch.com/2011/09/pes2012-demo2-721-teams-unlocked-patch-by-jenkey1002.html

It has Liverpool in it, for some reason Suarez is only rated 81!  ???

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #530 on: September 17, 2011, 04:17:33 pm »
Might download this later,althought the thought of learning differant controls to fifa puts me off,getting baffled with all these buttons as it is  ;D

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #531 on: September 17, 2011, 09:19:00 pm »
I'm a Fifa man, but so far I think the PES demo is a lot better. Going to buy both eventually.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: September 18, 2011, 12:18:08 am »
Might download this later,althought the thought of learning differant controls to fifa puts me off,getting baffled with all these buttons as it is  ;D
It lets you re-map the controls so you can switch it to the FIFA ones. I'm a PES controls man though, Square to shoot > Circle to shoot ;D

Offline zERo

• Kopite
  • We will rise again
« Reply #533 on: September 18, 2011, 02:51:33 am »
when is this released?
Only thing that is constant is the change, learn to live with it, move on

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: September 18, 2011, 09:40:18 am »
The great thing about using the right stick to move players for set pieces is that it really gets the best out of your target man.

In games like this, be it Crouch or Carroll, if any striker doesnt have any pace theres no point in playing him. But with the new feature, having a big guy up front can really win you games like in real life.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline NuncaCaminarásSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #535 on: September 21, 2011, 05:13:24 am »
Just finished playing for about 2 hours with two of my mates (on PC). I must say I think it's more fun than PES 5 multiplayer. I never thought I would say that. Seriously though, this game lends itself beautifully to multiplayer matches. My time playing it was just filled with 'ohhs' and 'ahhs' as opposed to when I play modern day FIFA's where I am left consistently frustrated.

I absolutely hated PES 08-10. Unplayable shite no matter what the fanboys say. I honestly don't understand how Konami continued to even keep the PES series afloat. 2011 was a huuge step up, however a whole batch of small problems rendered the game unplayable after a few weeks.

2012 though...I love it. Its not perfect but its FUN.
FIFA 12...Im actually starting to love it too.
The fact that FIFA 12 will actually be on PC this year as well (thus open to patches) makes me think this year is going to be the best year of football gaming in history.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: September 21, 2011, 09:38:18 am »
They've really done a very good job with this this year, there's no question about that.

End of the day, if you like 11 but were left frustrated by things than you'll love this because all those things are all but gone.

Terrible AI for example has been replaced by very good AI. No movement by lots of movement. No pace when clear through to pace when clear through. Replays after every foul to no replays. Nazi refs to balanced refs. Didnt mind the keepers too much in 11 so not affetced by those changes.

It's not perfect, but its very fun and realistic game, cant wait to buy it. And I aint a fan boy. I loved PES until the new generation of consoles but then switched to Fifa from 09. Bought both last year but stopped playing footy games after 1 month.

I'll buy PES this year, and if I find myself bored with it after a while will buy Fifa.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #537 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:57 pm »
Nah not for me. Its better than demo 1 but the ball physics are off. If Fifa 12 feels a bit too heavy, this ball feels like a feather, its bloody weird.

nah.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: September 21, 2011, 02:05:18 pm »
Have put a few hours into the second demo. Good game this year. I enjoyed last year but was left annoyed by shooting and some of the dumb AI - these things have been resolved.

It is about time the graphics were better but PES feels alive this year, really good and varied fun against the AI - bring on the Masterleague.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: September 21, 2011, 03:31:25 pm »
Nah not for me. Its better than demo 1 but the ball physics are off. If Fifa 12 feels a bit too heavy, this ball feels like a feather, its bloody weird.

nah.

I dont feel that at all. Feel sorry for you mate, know you were a big PES fan back in the day. Shame you're not liking this. Im loving it to be honest.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:33:15 pm by Brentie »

Offline NuncaCaminarásSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #540 on: September 21, 2011, 04:28:47 pm »
Have put a few hours into the second demo. Good game this year. I enjoyed last year but was left annoyed by shooting and some of the dumb AI - these things have been resolved.

It is about time the graphics were better but PES feels alive this year, really good and varied fun against the AI - bring on the Masterleague.

I heard a lot of people mention the graphics being lackluster in PES, however, playing it on PC (medium settngs) it looks amazing (especially night matches). I think you cant really judge the graphics 100% until the full game is out because I think the demos for the consoles has to be compressed a bit more than for the PC. I think this goes for almost all games.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: September 21, 2011, 09:54:11 pm »
Loving this. Grinding out hugely entertaining 1-0 wins has never been so much fun. Fabulous stuff

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: September 21, 2011, 10:02:42 pm »
I heard a lot of people mention the graphics being lackluster in PES, however, playing it on PC (medium settngs) it looks amazing (especially night matches). I think you cant really judge the graphics 100% until the full game is out because I think the demos for the consoles has to be compressed a bit more than for the PC. I think this goes for almost all games.

I have a Sony laptop, hoping it might be easier to attach a Dualshock controller and maybe give it a blast on PC. For me the graphics should be on a whole other level by now compared to some of the other sports games but hopefully there are sharper for the finished game.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: September 21, 2011, 11:08:27 pm »
Loving this. Grinding out hugely entertaining 1-0 wins has never been so much fun. Fabulous stuff

Really challenging isnt it mate?

I find there is no set way to scoring which in unique for football games. In every footy game I've played, there was always a surefire way of scoring. Last year for PES for example it was getting to the byline and crossing. Fifa 2 years ago was the one 2 around the box, and a few years ago on PES it was the drage back across the box.

On this, theres nothing that always works. You really need hard to get a chance let alone a goal, and it wont work again automaticaly. Find through balls very very tough to pull off, especially lofted ones.

Cant wait to have a full season with Liverpool next week (comes out here 2 weeks before the UK funnily enough).

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #544 on: September 22, 2011, 01:22:00 am »
Really challenging isnt it mate?

I find there is no set way to scoring which in unique for football games. In every footy game I've played, there was always a surefire way of scoring. Last year for PES for example it was getting to the byline and crossing. Fifa 2 years ago was the one 2 around the box, and a few years ago on PES it was the drage back across the box.

On this, theres nothing that always works. You really need hard to get a chance let alone a goal, and it wont work again automaticaly. Find through balls very very tough to pull off, especially lofted ones.

Cant wait to have a full season with Liverpool next week (comes out here 2 weeks before the UK funnily enough).
Agree with this, the way the on the ground cross got raped on the previous one was and still is rediculous.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #545 on: September 22, 2011, 07:53:49 am »
Agree with this, the way the on the ground cross got raped on the previous one was and still is rediculous.

It's the heading on the last few versions that have cheesed me off - I don't know whether it's to do with the defensive AI and positioning or the goalkeepers, the quality of the cross or the attacker, but they act like guided bloody missiles and threaten to remove the net each time.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2011, 07:54:11 am »

What Pro Evo should be about.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2011, 10:31:01 pm »
Will this work on a Mac? And are the PC/Mac versions weaker than the console versions?

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: September 23, 2011, 09:42:14 am »
#

Agree, I had some of those last night. The game is great fun. If they tighten up the retail version a bit more, I'll be happy.

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #549 on: September 23, 2011, 08:30:28 pm »
Lost a bit of my passion for pro evo the last few years but after playing the demo I cant wait for it to be released.

This is the best 1 in ages. So realistic and the game play is unbeliveable. :)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: September 23, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »
Getting to grips with this now. Not having to adjust the speed of the game. The movement of your players off the ball is great in this. Always an option going forward on. Woe behold ya if you make a simple little cock up in this. A stray pass and you'll usually end up punished

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #551 on: September 23, 2011, 08:39:49 pm »
Where can you download demo 1 ??

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: September 23, 2011, 08:43:30 pm »
Where can you download demo 1 ??
Wouldn't even bother pal. Its a world away from the second one. Dont know why they even bothered to send that out

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: September 23, 2011, 08:43:56 pm »
After playing both the fifa demo and pes demo (2), they both seem to be remarkabley similar in one aspect....

The opponent AI has messi like turns, just litterally jink past you in an instance. If your gonna play on harder settings dont change player characteristics, VDV hasnt got the ability to turn like messi whether its on amateur or top player, the same goes for valbuena on fifa, goetze and so on. If its not in the players makeup in real life then dont include it in an effort of "real simulation"

May be the first time i give either game a miss to be honest.

Bring back the good ol' days of PES 2 please!

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #554 on: September 23, 2011, 08:49:25 pm »
Wouldn't even bother pal. Its a world away from the second one. Dont know why they even bothered to send that out
I thought it might have been different teams just ... Demo 2 is good enough for me cant wait for the game to be released :)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: September 23, 2011, 08:56:26 pm »
I thought it might have been different teams just ... Demo 2 is good enough for me cant wait for the game to be released :)
I liked the first demo, but love this one. Lot more smoother.Slicker. Feels totally different, to me anyhow

After playing both the fifa demo and pes demo (2), they both seem to be remarkabley similar in one aspect....

The opponent AI has messi like turns, just litterally jink past you in an instance. If your gonna play on harder settings dont change player characteristics, VDV hasnt got the ability to turn like messi whether its on amateur or top player, the same goes for valbuena on fifa, goetze and so on. If its not in the players makeup in real life then dont include it in an effort of "real simulation"

Didn't really notice it, just thought i was shite at defending, which i am

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #556 on: September 23, 2011, 09:00:02 pm »
Is Demo 2 not on the PSN?

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #557 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:00 pm »

VDV is slow as fuck in it compared to modric I thought. Even robben and ribery aren't that quick but they can turn obviously. Just learn how to defend it :)

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: September 23, 2011, 10:26:20 pm »
As I said previously, Im loving this. I am hating the fact I just cannot control my players' runs of the balls though. I use the R stick and decide which player I want to run, but he just goes on a straight run. Cant you make them run diagonal or anything? And also, when I release the ball to him, he'll keep going on his run and the animation wont allow me to do anything until he finishes it.

Thats my main gripe with it.

Seriousl, seriously hard though. Think I've only won 1 match more than 1-0 on top player!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: September 23, 2011, 10:30:14 pm »
As I said previously, Im loving this. I am hating the fact I just cannot control my players' runs of the balls though. I use the R stick and decide which player I want to run, but he just goes on a straight run. Cant you make them run diagonal or anything? And also, when I release the ball to him, he'll keep going on his run and the animation wont allow me to do anything until he finishes it.

Thats my main gripe with it.

Seriousl, seriously hard though. Think I've only won 1 match more than 1-0 on top player!
Only use that r stick on set pieces. Great for corners. Theres always someone going on a run in open play anyhoo