Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4166259 times)

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #280 on: November 6, 2005, 09:29:45 pm »
Aye true, i like Rock though. He could get breathe some life back into the division until one of the up and comers mature to the next level. Name I keep hearing is Calvin Brock? Anyone heard of him? Apparently hes shit hot, mind you they said the same about Samuel Peter didnt they.

P.S is Taylor vs Hopkins on sky sports? Think Floyd is fighting soon too, hope we get that on Sky like.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #281 on: November 7, 2005, 10:34:27 am »
Latest details on Skys website

Nov 11    IBF Super-Middleweight title
Jeff Lacy v Scott Pemberton
IBF Bantamweight title
Rafael Marquez v Silence Mabuza    SS1 22.00    Lake Tahoe
Nevada
Nov 25    IBF Flyweight Title
Vic Darchinyan v Damaen Kelly    SS1 22.00
(delayed)    TBC, Sydney
Australia
Nov 26    IBF & WBA Light-Welterweight titles
Ricky Hatton v Carlos Maussa
Click here for booking details    SBO 21.00    Sheffield Arena
Sheffield
Dec 2    Commonwealth Super-Middleweight title
Carl Froch v Ruben Groenewald    SS1 22.00    Nottingham Arena
Nottingham

They fight on Dec 3rd so will keep an eye on Sky, should imagine they will have it, hope its not a week later like they do sometimes!

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #282 on: November 7, 2005, 08:23:02 pm »
Whisper it soflty, as it may happen for early 2007:

Khan vs Hamed

:o

You may or may not haved heard it hear first....
« Last Edit: November 7, 2005, 08:54:47 pm by Paco Ayesteran »
I should have been at work. Make of that what you will.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #283 on: November 7, 2005, 08:44:39 pm »
Whisper it soflty, as it may happen for early 2007:

Kahn vs Hamed

:o

You may or may not haved heard it hear first....

Nah, but if it did happen Naz would get the pasting of a life time.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #284 on: November 7, 2005, 08:51:28 pm »
Nah, but if it did happen Naz would get the pasting of a life time.

It is being highly tipped to happen you know...don't be suprised.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #285 on: November 7, 2005, 08:53:04 pm »
It is being highly tipped to happen you know...don't be suprised.

Have you seen recent pics of naseem hamed?

Something very drastic is going to have to happen to him if he wants to fight khan.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #286 on: November 7, 2005, 08:55:22 pm »
Have you seen recent pics of naseem hamed?

Something very drastic is going to have to happen to him if he wants to fight khan.

Indeed, but don't rule it out.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: November 7, 2005, 09:37:42 pm »
Seriously doubt Khan would ever fight Naz. Cant see Naz ever making a comeback myself. Id like to think he could but its unlikely.

People say Naz would get a pasting if he fought Khan? What do you base that one on? Naz was a World Champion, undefeated in 35 or something fights wasnt it? Naz had tremendous power too. He did have some decent names on his record, such as Paul Ingle, Wayne Mccullough, Kevin Kelly, Tom Johnson, Steve Robinson and his only loss was to Barrera, one of the very very best. Theres no shame in that at all. For his weight Naz had amazing power, I cant emphasise that one enough.

When he was with Brendan Ingle Naz was awesome, like him or not, he just was. Simple as that. It wasnt til he left Ingle and went with people like Oscar Suarez (spelling) and Manny Steward (yes, he is the best in the business) but neither were right for Naz. They tried to change his style far too much. It wasnt broke, so why did attempt to fix it? Naz looked natural, ive yet to see another fighter who could Knock somebody out from the angles Naz did.

Khan on the other hand, he gets the hype and he does seem like a nice lad. But realistically, what has he done to deserve it? Silver Medal in the Olympics, if he was American they'd brand him a loser. Over there 2nd place is nothing. Maybe thats why so many Yanks are World Champions? He's had 3 pro fights against blokes nothing more than gloryfied punching bags and already people are filling his head with ideas of being a world champion, in my opinion id be suprised if he got a British title. Hes already a celebrity and I dont think that will do the kid any good. The media in this country really pisses me off, build someone up to knock them straight back down. Thats what they are doing with Amir.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2005, 09:51:54 pm by Mirra »

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #288 on: November 8, 2005, 05:29:47 pm »
Seriously doubt Khan would ever fight Naz. Cant see Naz ever making a comeback myself. Id like to think he could but its unlikely.

People say Naz would get a pasting if he fought Khan? What do you base that one on? Naz was a World Champion, undefeated in 35 or something fights wasnt it? Naz had tremendous power too. He did have some decent names on his record, such as Paul Ingle, Wayne Mccullough, Kevin Kelly, Tom Johnson, Steve Robinson and his only loss was to Barrera, one of the very very best. Theres no shame in that at all. For his weight Naz had amazing power, I cant emphasise that one enough.

When he was with Brendan Ingle Naz was awesome, like him or not, he just was. Simple as that. It wasnt til he left Ingle and went with people like Oscar Suarez (spelling) and Manny Steward (yes, he is the best in the business) but neither were right for Naz. They tried to change his style far too much. It wasnt broke, so why did attempt to fix it? Naz looked natural, ive yet to see another fighter who could Knock somebody out from the angles Naz did.

Khan on the other hand, he gets the hype and he does seem like a nice lad. But realistically, what has he done to deserve it? Silver Medal in the Olympics, if he was American they'd brand him a loser. Over there 2nd place is nothing. Maybe thats why so many Yanks are World Champions? He's had 3 pro fights against blokes nothing more than gloryfied punching bags and already people are filling his head with ideas of being a world champion, in my opinion id be suprised if he got a British title. Hes already a celebrity and I dont think that will do the kid any good. The media in this country really pisses me off, build someone up to knock them straight back down. Thats what they are doing with Amir.

Spot on mate.

Hamed now claiming six fight deal have been offered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/sport_web/audio/9012da68002ac70/bb/09012da68002ada8_16x9_bb.ram

Naseem Hamed, Britain's former world featherweight champion, says he has been offered a six-fight contract by an American television network.
And the 31-year-old, who has not fought since May 2002, confirmed he is poised to make a comeback some time in 2006.

"If everything goes right in training, we're making plans for early-mid next year," Hamed told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"There are no opponents as yet, we're just talking to TV. Then hopefully next year there'll be a nice, big fight."

Hamed became Britain's youngest world champion when he won the WBO featherweight title aged 21 years and seven months in 1995.

He added the IBF crown when he beat Tom Johnson in London in 1997 and claimed the WBC title with a points win over Cesar Soto in Detroit in 1999.

His unbeaten run came to an end against Mexican Marco Antonio Barrera in 2001 and his last bout was a lacklustre points win over Spain's Manuel Calvo over three years ago.

"I've been spending plenty of quality time with my two sons and my wife and parents, basically just chilling," added Hamed.

My confidence has never really gone... I'm raring to go after a good three-year lay-off

Naseem Hamed

"I've been boxing since the age of seven and it got to a time where I just thought I could take a break, and that's what I did.

"I've really missed boxing because I've been doing it for a hell of a long time, and I consider myself not bad at it.

"But then again I think boxing has missed me and it's time to get back and do some stuff.

"My confidence has never really gone. I'm raring to go after a good three-year lay-off. I believe I can be even better. I'm stronger and more mature now.

"And I don't think it will be hard to find someone to promote me. They'll be knocking on the door once they've heard this interview, don't worry about that."

And Frank Maloney, manager of Glasgow's WBO featherweight champion Scott Harrison, refused to rule out a future fight between his man and the Sheffield boxer.

"If he's there and it's a fight that can be made, then obviously it's a fight the Harrison team would be interested in," Maloney told BBC Sport.

Maloney also said Hamed would struggle to get down to the nine stone limit he used to fight at.

"I know how hard Scott Harrison works to get the weight down and he fights regularly," said Maloney. "I'd be surprised if we saw Hamed coming in under lightweight."
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 05:43:49 pm by Dar »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 8, 2005, 09:49:31 pm »
Hope Naz can come back, but is it all talk again? How many times has he said it? I'd love to think he could come back, get back to the top because i believe boxing has missed him, especially British boxing. He'll get people talking again. I wont get my hopes up though until I see it.

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #290 on: November 8, 2005, 11:37:25 pm »
Hope Naz can come back, but is it all talk again? How many times has he said it? I'd love to think he could come back, get back to the top because i believe boxing has missed him, especially British boxing. He'll get people talking again. I wont get my hopes up though until I see it.

You better start opening your eyes, because, its gonna happen my friend, its gonna happen ;)

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 8, 2005, 11:55:02 pm »
Hes close to 14 stone though, at 5ft 3 and 31years old its not looking too good is it? :(

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #292 on: November 9, 2005, 12:05:37 am »
Hes close to 14 stone though, at 5ft 3 and 31years old its not looking too good is it? :(

This is the Prince were talking about. He's been offered a multi-million pound, six fight deal by a large Amercian Broadcaster. He loves Boxing, Boxing loves him. I think it may happen. Stranger things have happened.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: November 9, 2005, 12:07:09 am »
Stranger things have happened yes, but its one hell of a job to get down to his fighting weight which was 9stone wasnt it? Almost impossible id say. If he does fight again, it wont be at featherweight i dont think.

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #294 on: November 9, 2005, 12:24:50 am »
Stranger things have happened yes, but its one hell of a job to get down to his fighting weight which was 9stone wasnt it? Almost impossible id say. If he does fight again, it wont be at featherweight i dont think.

Probs not. However does he want to fight featherweight again, with the potential fights he could have in other divisions?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: November 9, 2005, 10:47:58 pm »

Totally agree about Naz, would love to see it but just don't see how he could make the weight without losing the power.

Don't agree with you about Khan though mate. Silver would have easily been gold but for Mario Kindelan. He is a 31 34 year old man who would have gone very far in professional boxing but for the fact he is Cuban. He hadn't been beaten in ten 16 ! years or something ridiculous. Khan had a cracker against him and then recently went on to beat him, under any other circumstance Khan would have fought an amateur with a similar standing and destroyed him. to win gold. I don't like the way we build people up in this country either but the hype is right about this kid, he deserves it. Kevin Mitchell would do him though!!   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 10:54:28 am by 7777 »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2005, 11:47:55 am »
The fight against Kindelan on ITV was a joke though.  Kindelan wasn't the same boxer as in the olympics and you could easily see that he'd been paid off to let Khan win that night.

Anyway, what I actually came on here to say was that for any London/southern based boxing fans - Mike Tyson is down in Canary Wharf doing a book signing next Thursday.  I'll try and get some pics to put up if I can wangle a long lunch.

Maybe, maybe not, the point I was making was Khan should have got gold. He had to fight a guy that should and would have been a professional fighter had he not been Cuban.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2005, 04:04:50 pm »
The fight against Kindelan on ITV was a joke though.  Kindelan wasn't the same boxer as in the olympics and you could easily see that he'd been paid off to let Khan win that night.

Anyway, what I actually came on here to say was that for any London/southern based boxing fans - Mike Tyson is down in Canary Wharf doing a book signing next Thursday.  I'll try and get some pics to put up if I can wangle a long lunch.

Is he mate? Fuck, i wish i could go down there =( Gutted now ;D

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2005, 08:46:34 pm »
Rahman handed WBC belt

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,12-1202245,00.html

Hasim Rahman has been named the new WBC heavyweight champion following the retirement of Vitali Klitschko.

The World Boxing Council voted to declare the 33-year-old 'interim champion' the new title-holder.

WBC president Jose Sulaiman said: "The WBC has received a majority voting of the board of governors to declare Hasim Rahman the undisputed WBC heavyweight champion of the world.

"The WBC will make it effective when all the votes are received.

"Hasim Rahman has already been a WBC champion of the world in the past, when he won the title by knocking out Lennox Lewis in five rounds on April 22, 2001, in Johannesburg. He lost the title in the rematch against Lennox Lewis.

"Hasim Rahman won a mandatory elimination bout against Kali Meehan on November 13, 2004, and won the WBC interim championship by 12-round decision against Monte Barrett on August 13. He has all the merits to become the undisputed champion after the retirement from boxing of Vitali Klitschko.

"The WBC is preparing an official ceremony to present Hasim Rahman as champion of the world, and will have a meeting of the board of governors in the near future to decide the next steps in the division, specifically with the three highest-rated boxers that are: the winner of the elimination bout between Sinan Samil Sam and Oleg Maskaev, to be held in Hamburg, Germany this coming Saturday; James Toney; and Wladimir Klitschko.

"No decisions will be made before the meeting of the board of governors is held.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2005, 10:16:15 pm »
Tell him Mirra said if he wants another hiding to give me a ring ;D

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 11, 2005, 02:54:09 pm »
Dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing, but since Klitchko has gone, now Don King has all the Heavyweight titles under his control. Rahman has the WBC, Chris Byrd has the IBF, Brewster has the WBO and Ruiz has the WBA. King says there will be a unification tournement finally with Klitchko out of the way. Non of those fighters will go down in history as one of the greats, but out of them all my money is on Brewster. Hes got a great chance to make a name for himself. Think Chris Byrd is past his best, Ruiz, the sooner someone sparks him and gets rid of him the better and Rahman, well you never know which Rahman is going to turn up.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: November 11, 2005, 03:33:58 pm »
Dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing, but since Klitchko has gone, now Don King has all the Heavyweight titles under his control. Rahman has the WBC, Chris Byrd has the IBF, Brewster has the WBO and Ruiz has the WBA. King says there will be a unification tournement finally with Klitchko out of the way. Non of those fighters will go down in history as one of the greats, but out of them all my money is on Brewster. Hes got a great chance to make a name for himself. Think Chris Byrd is past his best, Ruiz, the sooner someone sparks him and gets rid of him the better and Rahman, well you never know which Rahman is going to turn up.

Good point - should put em all in a ring with Don King in the middle

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #302 on: November 14, 2005, 03:23:00 pm »
Theyve cancelled the Skelton McBride fight  :wanker :no :no :no :no
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2005, 03:53:19 pm »
Theyve cancelled the Skelton McBride fight  :wanker :no :no :no :no

Did they say why mate? Wasnt really looking forward to that one to be honest but id imagine Fwank would be trying to get Skelton into the world title scene now with Klitchko gone and talk of a unification tournement?

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 14, 2005, 03:56:46 pm »
Did they say why mate? Wasnt really looking forward to that one to be honest but id imagine Fwank would be trying to get Skelton into the world title scene now with Klitchko gone and talk of a unification tournement?
Exactly! Thats why I was looking forward to this scrap!
 They couldnt agree terms........................Meaning that now Mcbrides beaten Tyson he thinks hes a start and is asking for too much of the purse!!!!! very selfish seeing as my nan could beat Tyson at the moment!

Still gonna be a cracking night, Never seen Maghee live
 And looking forward to Khans first loss!!!!!!
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2005, 04:14:37 pm »
Exactly! Thats why I was looking forward to this scrap!
 They couldnt agree terms........................Meaning that now Mcbrides beaten Tyson he thinks hes a start and is asking for too much of the purse!!!!! very selfish seeing as my nan could beat Tyson at the moment!

Still gonna be a cracking night, Never seen Maghee live
 And looking forward to Khans first loss!!!!!!

Shite that, do you get money off if they trim the bill down??

Also, just out of curiousity like, why do you want Khan to get beat?? Its not his fault the country have built him up. IMO he will stay unbeaten for quite some time until Warren has the bollocks to put him in with Kevin Mitchell

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: November 14, 2005, 04:56:37 pm »
Shite that, do you get money off if they trim the bill down??

Also, just out of curiousity like, why do you want Khan to get beat?? Its not his fault the country have built him up. IMO he will stay unbeaten for quite some time until Warren has the bollocks to put him in with Kevin Mitchell
thats who hes fighting in december 10th, thats why I said hes gonna get beat
 ridiculous time to put those 2 in together at the moment
 Bill Shankly

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2005, 06:51:54 pm »
Not a chance they are fighting each other mate - they are both on the bill but not against each other, thats commiting suicide for Warren - he aint that daft

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4396620.stm

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=5072&more=1

Be a great night regardless though, two quality fighters, be good to see them both

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2005, 09:23:23 pm »
Tyson is talking about coming back to fight Tarver, i dont think id pay for that though. He said himself he hasnt got the heart for fighting anymore. So you know he'd just be there for the money. If he was a few years younger though he'd destroy Tarver soon as he landed cleanly

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2005, 09:39:26 pm »
Well Skeltons back on the bill.
 Mcbride can fuck right off,  :wanker
 Bill Shankly

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2005, 10:21:25 pm »
McBride is a bit like Yogi Bear dont you think? ;D I cant believe he took himself and his win over Mike Tyson seriously, had it been two years earlier it would of been another Saverese job for Tyson. Soon as he fights a top contender he'll get his end knocked back in.

Offline Jibby

• Main Stander
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2005, 10:37:48 pm »
Thank god this is back on- Calzaghe needs to be taught a lesson and Lacy will no doubt do this come February

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4436546.stm

Joe Calzaghe will face Jeff Lacy in a super middleweight unification fight in Cardiff early next year.
Calzaghe, the WBO champion, was meant to face IBF rival Jeff Lacy on 5 November before the Welshman broke his hand while beating Evans Ashira.

That led to a war of words between Calzaghe's promoter, Frank Warren, and his counterpart Gary Shaw.

But the two have sorted out a new deal which should take place either on 4 February or a reserve date of 4 March.

The venue has yet to be confirmed but Calzaghe's camp are aiming to use the Millennium Stadium to host the "super-fight".

The only stumbling block for that, which could see part of the 75,000 venue cordoned off for use, is Wales' first home game in the rugby union Six Nations Championship on 12 February.

It will be the biggest fight of the year in Britain

Promoter Frank Warren

"This is the fight that I have been shouting out for over the last few years and I am delighted that Frank has secured it," Calzaghe said.

"It has been my dream to unify titles since I won the WBO crown against Chris Eubank over eight years ago and this fight against Lacy is the one that will secure my legacy.

"I saw Lacy's last fight against Scott Pemberton and it was impressive, but against me he is going to be in the ring with the hardest hitting super-middleweight out there and he will know it."

Lacy defended his title in style last week with a second-round knock-out of compatriot Scott Pemberton.

Lacy defends title with knockout 

But with the American's other target, light heavyweight king Antonio Tarver, not interested in a match, Lacy has been forced back to the negotiating table with Calzaghe.

Lacy is believed to have been guaranteed $500,000 if the fight is again cancelled, but Calzaghe should have recovered from his broken hand in time.

"This is the fight that Joe, the media and the fans wanted and I am absolutely delighted that following some hard work over the last few days the fight is on," Warren said.

"It will be the biggest fight of the year in Britain and certainly one of the most highly anticipated fights on the world scene in recent years - and it will take place in the UK."

American Lacy had demanded that any rearranged fight should take place in the United States.

But Calzaghe has stuck to his guns as the senior champion and the Newbridge-born boxer will now fight in front of his home crowd.

"Joe is recognised as the best in the division that he has ruled for the last eight years, with a record 17 defences and seeing off six former world champions," Warren added.

"Lacy has looked impressive to date and the media are describing him as the heir apparent.

"They are the top two in the division and in the prime of their careers and what's for sure is that there can only be one winner who can truly claim he is the best."

"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..."

"That was one crazy party. I am hung over."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing! How 'bout we get you in your p.j."

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2005, 10:46:14 pm »
I Think Lacy is probally the most exciting guy out there at the minute. Awesome power, I really can see him demolishing Joe. But then again we wont know will we? We've never really seen Joe tested, and he certainly hasnt shared a ring with someone like Lacy. Well he did beat Eubank, but Chris was well past it then lets be honest.

He reminds me of Gerald McClellan, very very hard hitting and very tough. And lets face it, Joe is no Nigel Benn. Hardest hitting super middleweight in the world? Sorry Joe, but thats Jeff Lacy.

Cant wait for that fight

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2005, 10:50:59 pm »
McBride is a bit like Yogi Bear dont you think? ;D I cant believe he took himself and his win over Mike Tyson seriously, had it been two years earlier it would of been another Saverese job for Tyson. Soon as he fights a top contender he'll get his end knocked back in.
True but do you think that skelton is a top contender,then again their ain't alot to contend out their as their is not one decent heavy weight out their.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2005, 10:53:22 pm »
True but do you think that skelton is a top contender,then again their ain't alot to contend out their as their is not one decent heavy weight out their.

Nah mate i dont rate Skelton either, he was a decent kick boxer though but I dont think he will be anything more than what he is. Hes getting on a bit as well isnt he?

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 14, 2005, 11:53:09 pm »
Frank Bruno’s being lined up to star in EastEnders.

Have a word! What you talking abaht! You’re ‘aving’ a larf, ain’t t’ya? Et cetera.

Yes, in the full-blown ratings war between Corrie and EastEnders, Walford has apparently landed the knockout punch (clever, eh?) by getting big Frank to join the cast.

Word is he’ll play the muscle behind the Mitchell brothers as they grunt and flail about the Square.

And as Frank’s done panto and had a cameo role in boxing flick, The Calcium Kid, he seems ideally qualified to take on a demanding acting role.

From maxboxing.com
------
Should be good but only if they make him laugh ;D Glad to see Big Frank getting his life  back together, all the best to him.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2005, 10:25:05 am »

I rate Skelton as our countrys best heavyweight contender! 

Mcbride versus Tyson 5 years ago, he would have been beaten inside 3 rounds
 Bill Shankly

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2005, 04:33:18 pm »
I Think Lacy is probally the most exciting guy out there at the minute. Awesome power, I really can see him demolishing Joe. But then again we wont know will we? We've never really seen Joe tested, and he certainly hasnt shared a ring with someone like Lacy. Well he did beat Eubank, but Chris was well past it then lets be honest.

He reminds me of Gerald McClellan, very very hard hitting and very tough. And lets face it, Joe is no Nigel Benn. Hardest hitting super middleweight in the world? Sorry Joe, but thats Jeff Lacy.

Cant wait for that fight

Have to say I'm MORE than pleased this is back on.  After Calzaghe's last fight, I have to admit that even I doubted his injury and that it was feigned to avoid Lacy.  Always been a Calzaghe fan and I just want him to prove (win lose or draw) that he can take on someone who is universally ranked as a top opponent and give him a good fight.

With the Millennium stadium crowd behind him, you just never know.

Offline Fat Tony

• Run Rosie Run!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 16, 2005, 01:42:52 pm »
It was reported on SSN today that there was murder in the Hotel in London that Mike Tyson was staying in last night. They said that Mike had left the building by this time and it was more than likely just idiots trying to cause a scene. I read an Interview with the great man in the mirror this week, and he really does finally seem like he's seen the light. I know thats been said a million times before but you just can't help but like the guy.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 17, 2005, 07:21:02 pm »
I'm going with my lad tomorrow to watch Ricky Hatton do his 15 round body bag routine