Author Topic: Mayweather - McGregor  (Read 162580 times)

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mayweather - McGregor
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2017, 10:50:20 pm »
Wonder what the odds are for McGregor not to connect with anything.
under 50 landed is 5/6 paddypower. The british money has all been on mcgregor since it got announced 6/1 mcgregor into 4/1. Mayweather points 6/4
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2017, 11:29:24 pm »
Why would excuses be made for him? Hes got nothing to lose amd it has no bearing on his UFC career. Everyone expects him to lose, so at the end of day it means nothinf. He got what he wanted and thats the biggest pay day of his life

Remember when he lost to Nate and everyone said he'd put on 25lbs of muscle/wasn't training for him/a dog ate his homework? It'll be like that only more Evertonesque.

"Conor landed three punches, that's incredible for an amateur boxer!!!"
"Floyd couldn't knock him out, give him a full year of training and you'd see a different outcome!!!"

etc etc
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2017, 11:35:59 pm »
Remember when he lost to Nate and everyone said he'd put on 25lbs of muscle/wasn't training for him/a dog ate his homework? It'll be like that only more Evertonesque.

"Floyd couldn't knock him out, give him a full year of training and you'd see a different outcome!!!"

etc etc

It will be an absolute embarrassment for boxing if Floyd doesn't stop him.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2017, 12:09:07 am »
It'll be like trying to punch a turtle that's gone in its shell. Floyd will be too elusive for Conor and too fast. McGregor has tended to have the speed advantage and the quicker and sharper punching skills, but he'll be fighting in slow motion against a boxing legend that constantly preaches the art of punching whilst not being hit. McGregor will have one round to try go for the upset, by the second round Floyd would have sussed him out, and by the 3rd McGregor will be gassing and Floyd will be looking for a rare knockout (at least at this stage of his career) from there on out.

You can't beat a master in his domain. McGregor is a fantastic counter boxer at the MMA level, but probably a bit meh in comparison to professional boxers, let alone against arguably the most elusive the boxing world has ever seen.
This is pretty much how I envisage the fight going. It will be a non-event in terms of an actual decent boxing match.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2017, 12:12:58 am »
If Mayweather needs points i'd be embarrassed for him.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2017, 12:32:40 am »
If Mayweather needs points i'd be embarrassed for him.

Don't think it will go that far. Not only is swinging and missing disheartening, it's knackering. Old Connor will swing himself to a standstill by the sixth .... then fall over  ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2017, 12:32:47 am »
McGregor would merk Mayweather in a proper fight.

What's a proper fight?  Kicking like a donkey or being able to win with only your fists and reflexes?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2017, 01:05:46 am »

etc etc

Again that's a different scenario to this, is it not? It's a different fight in a different sport.

It's apples and oranges.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2017, 01:31:57 am »
Yeah no comparison at all.

Not to mention there's barely anyone who thinks he's gonna win in the first place.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2017, 01:33:33 am »
When you look at what Mayweather did to absolute beasts like Manny, who is a flurry puncher with incredible speed, footwork, and stamina, I wonder what goes through the mind of someone who thinks McGregor has a chance here. If McGregor seriously thinks he's going to find range and timing with one of those daft overhands he's been throwing in sparring, he'll finding himself on a receiving end of a stiff straight right to the jaw. He leaves himself massively exposed throwing them with the full left side of his guard completely open.

I'll make a prediction here that it'll be stopped on cuts or on one of McGregor's eye  being too swollen to see out of. If not, he'll walk into one of Floyd's counter right hands and that'll be that.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:37:42 am by Macphisto80 »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2017, 01:38:14 am »
When you look at what Mayweather did to absolute beasts like Manny, who is a flurry puncher with incredible speed, footwork, and stamina, I wonder what goes through the mind of someone who thinks McGregor has a chance here. If McGregor seriously thinks he's going to find range and timing with one of those daft overhands he's been throwing in sparring, he'll finding himself on a receiving end of a stiff straight right to the jaw. He leaves himself massively exposed throwing them with the full left side of his guard completely open.

He may think he does, he may not, the outcome is worth him doing it, and some are angry at him. If I was him, I'd do the exact same thing. He will make more in one fight, than he would fighting for another 10 years in a much more brutal sport.

He's been suckering Mayweather into this for about 2 years, since he beat Aldo, he mentioned Mayweather on TV when he was on Conan. And it's picked up ever since. They both get what they want. Shit tons of money.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2017, 01:39:46 am »
Don't think it will go that far. Not only is swinging and missing disheartening, it's knackering. Old Connor will swing himself to a standstill by the sixth .... then fall over  ;D
Swinging and missing is ok so long as you're in and out. Swinging and missing, then getting counter punched clean? different story. It's knackering either way.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2017, 01:42:38 am »
He may think he does, he may not, the outcome is worth him doing it, and some are angry at him. If I was him, I'd do the exact same thing. He will make more in one fight, than he would fighting for another 10 years in a much more brutal sport.

He's been suckering Mayweather into this for about 2 years, since he beat Aldo, he mentioned Mayweather on TV when he was on Conan. And it's picked up ever since. They both get what they want. Shit tons of money.

Yeah, that's it. They both win, even when McGregor loses, he's a winner. Let's be honest about it here: fighters fight for money. If you hear anything else, then it's lies. McGregor will have made more money than most boxers will have in their entire career, and that's including the more revered ones.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2017, 01:45:46 am »
Imagine a Rawk piss up to Vegas for this fight?   'kin hell we'd end up being the main event. ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2017, 01:51:36 am »
Imagine a Rawk piss up to Vegas for this fight?   'kin hell we'd end up being the main event. ;D

It would be a sight to see. I love Vegas  ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2017, 02:12:15 am »
What's a proper fight?  Kicking like a donkey or being able to win with only your fists and reflexes?

You think that accurately describes MMA?

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2017, 02:38:35 am »
I hope they both lose.

I'm hoping for a Rocky III ending:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NC52KBgm5dY?t=1m7s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NC52KBgm5dY?t=1m7s</a>
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2017, 02:43:37 am »
McGregor to win because there will be a rematch so both make a ton more money.

It's what circus events are built around.

Can't believe some don't see this coming.  :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2017, 02:45:41 am »

You think at this stage Mayweather cares more about money than his reputation? No way.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2017, 02:59:52 am »
You think at this stage Mayweather cares more about money than his reputation? No way.

Doesn't he call himself "Money" Mayweather?  :P

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2017, 03:12:28 am »
Doesn't he call himself "Money" Mayweather?  :P

Which is my point , he's got so much money that it doesn't really matter. Him losing to mcgregor would absolutely kill his reputation.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2017, 04:03:13 am »
The only way to forgive Mayweather for this farce is if he's using this as a bit of a tune up for a potential bout with the winner of Canelo and GGG. It wont be, but it would be nice. He could cement a tremendous legacy by doing this and earn so much money. Tune up and get back into fighting shape, school Conor, then perhaps fight the winner of Canelo/GGG late this year or on Cinco De Mayo next year. 150 million in the bank, best in both boxing and MMA defeated, set for life, 51-0, wonderful.

But it wont happen like that.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2017, 08:24:58 am »
MMA defeated? When's he making his debut in that?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2017, 10:11:22 am »
I've changed my mind after reading all your comments.

McGregor to win via first round knockout.
Conor won't be in it preparing for a 12 round fight, he knows he can't last.
He'll go all out in the first round going for broke all out, and I think Mayweather is more prepared for boxers that attack with a boxer's mentality in that they'll unleash a couple of combinations whilst still keeping plenty in reserve for the remaining rounds.

Mayweather is sharp and elusive, but he hasn't faced someone as lanky as McGregor, with his knockout power, that is trying to end it early and is only preparing for 2 rounds max.

Prediction
49-1
First round knockout by Conor
Conor haters to self combust
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2017, 10:43:15 am »
Doc you can't hit what you can't catch.

Rule #1

Take notes.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2017, 10:48:06 am »
There's a video out on the joe.co.uk website (cannot link due to being at work) of an old sparring partner of McGregor who has leaked a video of them two sparring and honestly, it is SO bad from Connor that I can only imagine it's like a fake video they organised to make him look worse than he is and catch Mayweather and his team out, but to be honest these days there are probably "scouts" from either side trying to spy on the other boxers training camp and wee what they have up their sleeve?

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2017, 11:21:50 am »
The only way to forgive Mayweather for this farce is if he's using this as a bit of a tune up for a potential bout with the winner of Canelo and GGG. It wont be, but it would be nice. He could cement a tremendous legacy by doing this and earn so much money. Tune up and get back into fighting shape, school Conor, then perhaps fight the winner of Canelo/GGG late this year or on Cinco De Mayo next year. 150 million in the bank, best in both boxing and MMA defeated, set for life, 51-0, wonderful.

But it wont happen like that.

Already fought Canelo and beat him. Nothing to gain from that.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2017, 11:23:27 am »

You honestly believe this?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2017, 11:47:58 am »
Which is my point , he's got so much money that it doesn't really matter. Him losing to mcgregor would absolutely kill his reputation.

He may have so much money but with hangers on and everything he's probably running through tons of it. Hence why he agrees to this fight. Otherwise, why at 40 come back?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2017, 11:52:02 am »
Yeah you don't know boxing/boxers if you think someone is willing to give away their perfect record. AND TO A NONE BOXER FOR FUCK SAKES.  :butt

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2017, 11:52:31 am »
You honestly believe this?

Guess we'll find out.  ;)

If it is a serious fight, Mayweather should win.

If not, the fix is in. Just like wrestling. All done for the money.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2017, 11:54:56 am »
He may have so much money but with hangers on and everything he's probably running through tons of it. Hence why he agrees to this fight. Otherwise, why at 40 come back?
Because he loves money and this is the easiest 100m he could possibly make. Plus it only grows his brand and legacy (arguably).

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2017, 12:19:28 pm »
Odds of 1.2 on Betfair for a Mayweather win is mental.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2017, 12:29:08 pm »
What's the difference in Glove size from UFC to Boxing +4oz ?

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2017, 12:47:31 pm »
What's the difference in Glove size from UFC to Boxing +4oz ?

4oz - 10oz

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2017, 12:56:45 pm »
There's a video out on the joe.co.uk website (cannot link due to being at work) of an old sparring partner of McGregor who has leaked a video of them two sparring and honestly, it is SO bad from Connor that I can only imagine it's like a fake video they organised to make him look worse than he is and catch Mayweather and his team out, but to be honest these days there are probably "scouts" from either side trying to spy on the other boxers training camp and wee what they have up their sleeve?
Posted on the first page ... It is from December tho
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2017, 01:22:35 pm »
I've changed my mind after reading all your comments.

McGregor to win via first round knockout.
Conor won't be in it preparing for a 12 round fight, he knows he can't last.
He'll go all out in the first round going for broke all out, and I think Mayweather is more prepared for boxers that attack with a boxer's mentality in that they'll unleash a couple of combinations whilst still keeping plenty in reserve for the remaining rounds.

Mayweather is sharp and elusive, but he hasn't faced someone as lanky as McGregor, with his knockout power, that is trying to end it early and is only preparing for 2 rounds max.

Prediction
49-1
First round knockout by Conor
Conor haters to self combust

Do you think none of the 40 odd proffesional boxers Floyd has fought have ever tried to swarm him and knock him out early? :lmao

Are you one of those people who think Messi couldn't cut it in the Premier League because no one has ever tried kicking him in Spain?

Offline Elf Pistolero_7

• Relegated.
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2017, 01:28:26 pm »

Ain't go be no re-match, ain't go be no re-match (don't want one)
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"

Bill Shankly. He made the people happy.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2017, 02:26:19 pm »
Odds of 1.2 on Betfair for a Mayweather win is mental.

I saw an advert for Paddy Power for new customers offering Mayweather 20/1 (max £1 bet). Min deposit £5.  Winning bets paid in free bets.  Still £20 in free bets if you're not daft with them you can still come with something.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2017, 05:04:12 pm »
Doc you can't hit what you can't catch.

Rule #1

Take notes.

I don't know why I'm doing this, but here you go...

Traditionally the only close rounds in a Mayweather fight are the early ones, when he's still figuring his opponent out. By rd 4 he's done that and they don't land a thing. But in the first couple he sometimes looks uncomfortable. I always hang onto that moment where Mosley rocked him badly in the 2nd.

I think it's a pipe dream, but Doc is right that Conor's only chance will be in the first round