Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 81451 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2012, 11:17:03 am »
Lord Cleverly is out of the England squad with an ankle injury apparently.  May as well not turn up now.

is it just me or is this lad turning into a sick note?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2012, 03:00:09 pm »
Kyle Walker's pulled out of the squad. Call up for Kelly perhaps?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2012, 03:00:54 pm »
cleverly and kyle walker out?? it's almost like signs of the apocalypse..

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:47 pm »
Rooney out now aswell. Wonder whether he and the others will have to travel down to London to prove their lack of fitness
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:16:50 pm by kelevra »
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2012, 03:04:34 pm »
Kyle Walker's pulled out of the squad. Call up for Kelly perhaps?

Darren Bent, Kyle Walker, Tom Cleverly and Wayne Rooney have all pulled out.  Pearce has no plans to draft anyone else in according to The FA.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2012, 03:06:04 pm »
The FA's physioroom is going to be packed when they're all required to travel down to prove they're unfit.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2012, 03:07:23 pm »
Darren Bent, Kyle Walker, Tom Cleverly and Wayne Rooney have all pulled out.  Pearce has no plans to draft anyone else in according to The FA.

Ok thanks. Rooney and Ceverley are out? So just Welbeck, Smalling and Jones to go then.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:42 pm »
Ok thanks. Rooney and Ceverley are out? So just Welbeck, Smalling and Jones to go then.

Give it a day or two.......funny that none of them have been dragged down to FA HQ for fitness tests like a certain player was a couple of years ago. 
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2012, 05:52:44 pm »
:lmao

"Manchester City's Daniel Sturridge"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17181745
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2012, 05:59:27 pm »
is it just me or is this lad turning into a sick note?
he made it very clear on twitter it was his other leg and not a reoccurence, guess thats a good thing for the lad.

agreed he gets alot of OTT praise, but he does well when he plays - better than criticism he gets from LFC fans.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:04:09 pm by C »
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2012, 06:33:22 pm »
Give it a day or two.......funny that none of them have been dragged down to FA HQ for fitness tests like a certain player was a couple of years ago.

You may not have noticed but Capello, the guy who called Gerrard down for testing for reasons he explained but I forget, is no longer England manager?

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »
Tom Cleverley
I'm not out for the season don't know where these rumours are coming from. I will be back soon!
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2012, 11:32:08 am »
Rumours saying Joe Hart maybe the new captain because he's being offered up for the Live press conference and not Stevie.

Fa denying this means he is the captain.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2012, 11:45:29 am »
Hart could just be captain for the Holland game because Gerrard isn't going to start.  After all he played 120 minutes on Sunday.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2012, 12:49:31 pm »
Rumours saying Joe Hart maybe the new captain because he's being offered up for the Live press conference and not Stevie.

Fa denying this means he is the captain.

Hart would be a good appointment. Gerrard and Parker are in their 30s, and hopefully Stevie won't be playing for England much longer, and Parker's always one crazy tackle away from ending his own career (for reference see his tackle on Adam the other week).

Hart seems like a sound lad and will be in the side for a decade.

Also gives a bit of inspiration to lower league/non-league lads to see Hart rise from Notts County to the England keeper and captain. And isn't that what the England team is about?

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »
I just hope to fuck our lads don't play longer than 45. Same goes for anyone else of ours on international duty.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2012, 12:55:52 pm »
Dan Roan ‏ @danroan Stuart Pearce knows his captain and team but is refusing to announce skipper today - odd move at time of uncertainty for England?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2012, 02:47:36 pm »
Pearce hasn't a fucking hope of being England manager and isnt handling this very well - dont want to name your team ahead of game, fair enough, don't want to name his captain? Bizarre. Making a big deal out of fuckall, what is it with the fucking england captain fiasco year on year. Pearce is just milking it for whatever reason and giving the media the opportunity to keep banging on about it - name the fucker, get on with it, press go away talk about it. Get precious over it and say fuckall and they, rightly in this case, state their bemusement and a time when england are a fucking shambles gets one other titbit to throw fuel on the fire that it looks like they couldn't organise a shag in a brothel.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2012, 02:50:27 pm »
what is it with the fucking england captain fiasco year on year.

The press care way too much about the fucking armband. It doesn't mean shit except media hype and marketing power. Who gives a shit. Causes so much fucking bother they should just sack it off, or replace it with a fucking dunces hat so that Rio and terry can pass it between their incredibly out-sized, under-filled bonces the fucking weapons.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2012, 02:56:39 pm »
The captaincy thing will drag on well after this match as well and the bigger issue is that England don't have a permanent manager in place and no suitable candidates (bar one who they won't appoint) are available until at least the end of the season. If it's Redknapp, he'll get 3-4 weeks at most before the Euro's kick off. They're currently in a mess and the press will just add to that with their never ending fascination with the England captaincy in the lead up to the tournament.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »
You may not have noticed but Capello, the guy who called Gerrard down for testing for reasons he explained but I forget, is no longer England manager?

He's not? Shhhhit, I need to get back in the loop. ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2012, 03:49:04 pm »
As someone just said on twitter....

I'd love ten men to line up for England, proceeded by the floodlights going out and John Terry entering to the music of Steve Austin.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2012, 03:59:39 pm »

I'd love ten men to line up for England, proceeded by the floodlights going out and John Terry entering to the music of Steve Austin.

I wouldn't cos i loathe that over-rated twat but that is funny  ;D
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2012, 04:03:43 pm »
Tom Cleverley
I'm not out for the season don't know where these rumours are coming from. I will be back soon!

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2012, 04:04:40 pm »
Glen Johnson out the squad. So long as he's back for Saturday then good.
psn = Lents123

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2012, 04:04:42 pm »
I wouldn't cos i loathe that over-rated twat but that is funny  ;D

Anything along these lines would spice up a mundane England friendly that nobody wants to play in, or indeed watch.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »
How long into the programme will it take before Adrian Chiles mentions England 'suffered a huge blow' with Tom Cleverley's withdrawal?

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2012, 04:15:21 pm »
I hope that England win this game and the next few under Pearce. I want the expectations to be build so high that when the failure comes it's so devastating that it makes grown men cry. On second thoughts Harry should get the job and England suffer another glorious defeat on penalties to Germany in the knock-out stages. I'm feeling all warm inside thinking about it.   
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »
How long into the programme will it take before Adrian Chiles mentions England 'suffered a huge blow' with Tom Cleverley's withdrawal?

I'll see your Cleverley and raise you a 'Wouldn't it be magnificent if Scholesy could slot into the side for the Euros?'

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2012, 04:17:18 pm »
Come on Holland. Hope Dirky Dirky Dirk Dirk scores 5
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2012, 04:32:07 pm »
I'm rooting for the dutch here, i'm born and bred english... but having spent 3 years in Holland i feel adopted as i very much fell into their spell of life.

They've a better team than we IMO anyways and that's before all the nonsense that's gone on with Capello and our players of late.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2012, 04:34:10 pm »
I'll see your Cleverley and raise you a 'Wouldn't it be magnificent if Scholesy could slot into the side for the Euros?'

Would be even better if he entered as a sub with Stone Cold's theme and the JR's voice 'Scholes Cold!! Scholes Cold!! Scholes is out from the cold!! with him running onto the pitch to rescue brave England
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2012, 04:56:24 pm »

Would be even better if he entered as a sub with Stone Cold's theme and the JR's voice 'Scholes Cold!! Scholes Cold!! Scholes is out from the cold!! with him running onto the pitch to rescue brave England

Perfect!!  Maybe running on with a steel chair to smash over a Dutch players head, followed by the inevitable, 'Ah, Scholesy never did learn to tackle, did he?'

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2012, 04:59:07 pm »
I'm rooting for the dutch here, i'm born and bred english... but having spent 3 years in Holland i feel adopted as i very much fell into their spell of life.

They've a better team than we IMO anyways and that's before all the nonsense that's gone on with Capello and our players of late.

I'm english so i'll always want england to win but they fuck me off big time, well the FA circus really, not the players in general. I do love the dutch as well tho, seen some fantastic teams, should've achieved more in world football and they were part of one of my fav games of all time - portugal v holland, fucking hilarious, it got to the point where you could see almost every challenge was gonna nail someone. What was it - 15 cards or something. Oh, and i can't stand portugal teams, always involved in shit, nasty, diving teams altho often talented.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2012, 05:03:35 pm »
Yeah, Henderson has been unlucky considering Cleverly's been out and only came back against Ajax last week. Not surprising though, given how much hype he's had. Surprised Carroll's not in there either considering how he's performed since the start of the year.

I donīt think itīs possible to second guess the idiot in charge of the team
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2012, 05:21:47 pm »
Glen Johnson out the squad. So long as he's back for Saturday then good.

Doesn't really matter from an England point of view as Pearce was always going to go with Richards as it's what the media wants.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2012, 05:58:38 pm »
there's a preview of this on five live tonight which means inevitably winter and woolnough will get wheeled out so they can spout their "country is more important than club" bollocks.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2012, 06:20:25 pm »
Hart could just be captain for the Holland game because Gerrard isn't going to start.  After all he played 120 minutes on Sunday.

Why are any Liverpool players who played on Sunday even called up for this match. It makes no sense.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2012, 06:22:01 pm »
Why are any Liverpool players who played on Sunday even called up for this match. It makes no sense.
So same goes for Arsenal and Spurs, or Man Utd etc who all played Sunday? Just because it was a Cup Final doesn't mean we get special treatment. Also the squad was picked last week.
???
psn = Lents123

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »
So same goes for Arsenal and Spurs, or Man Utd etc who all played Sunday? Just because it was a Cup Final doesn't mean we get special treatment. Also the squad was picked last week.
???

Sundays final went into extra time. It took more out of the players playing in this match than any of the league matches. It's not special treatment to make allowances, when looking at the difference between a cup final and a league match. The squad could have been chosen last year it makes no difference.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:32:11 pm by wheresnemeth »