Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 81231 times)

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2012, 07:33:52 pm »
Quite how Cleverly is in over Henderson is beyond me like.

He is the U21 captain and it might be better for him to play 90 minutes against England's main group rivals (and hopefully get to the tournament) then, at best, 45 minutes in a friendly?

and Lescott can't get into the squad no matter how well he plays, ala Carrick.

Lescott got into the squad a lot of times under Capello to be fair. I'm hoping he gets picked for the Euro's though and ahead of Cahill into the starting line up.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2012, 08:14:24 pm »
Cleverley, Downing, Campbell.....   ???

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2012, 08:17:59 pm »
Cleverley :lmao

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2012, 08:21:00 pm »
I can't believe how many people 'don't care' about England but get so worked up about squads. And especially a squad chosen by an illiterate chimp with a side parting.

Agree with this, having less Liverpool players in the squad is more preferable for me so I'm not arsed. In fact, I'm annoyed to see Gerrard and Johnson in there for a fucking friendly because of their injury records. How Cleverley is included is beyond me and an absolute joke, but I'd rather him than Henderson. Henderson gets a rest for a week and (hopefully) tries to up his game even more to be included in the next squad.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2012, 09:00:23 pm »
Agree with this, having less Liverpool players in the squad is more preferable for me so I'm not arsed. In fact, I'm annoyed to see Gerrard and Johnson in there for a fucking friendly because of their injury records. How Cleverley is included is beyond me and an absolute joke, but I'd rather him than Henderson. Henderson gets a rest for a week and (hopefully) tries to up his game even more to be included in the next squad.

Henderson is with the u21s...

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2012, 09:36:11 pm »
The best 11 Engand can put out with a full bill of health is...

Hart

Johnson    Terry        Lescott        Cole

Ox-Chamb       Gerrard            Young

Rooney
   Welbeck                        Sturridge       

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2012, 09:41:50 pm »
Gary Neville to join the coaching staff according to the Beeb. :lmao

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:16 pm »
Gary Neville to join the coaching staff according to the Beeb. :lmao

Phil.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:29 pm »
I hope Peter Pan plays.

Don't know why, but it seems like he's been around for years!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2012, 09:44:55 pm »

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2012, 10:07:40 pm »
The best 11 Engand can put out with a full bill of health is...

Hart

Johnson    Terry        Lescott        Cole

Ox-Chamb       Gerrard            Young

Rooney
   Welbeck                        Sturridge       

Personally I would change Terry for Richards and maybe include Wilshere instead of Young, other than that it's a great team.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2012, 10:11:21 pm »
I'm a massive Downing fan, but he shouldn't be within sight of that squad.

Sinclair, Dyer, and Danny Graham should be in it. AOC as well, although I think he's right not to submit that lad to the hopes of a desperate, pathetic, small-time football nation being pinned squarely on his shoulders.

Agreed. Lescott also should be included. No reason for the likes of Walcott, Campbell and Downing to be there.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2012, 10:13:31 pm »
No Cameron Jerome?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2012, 10:16:40 pm »
He is the U21 captain and it might be better for him to play 90 minutes against England's main group rivals (and hopefully get to the tournament) then, at best, 45 minutes in a friendly?

Lescott got into the squad a lot of times under Capello to be fair. I'm hoping he gets picked for the Euro's though and ahead of Cahill into the starting line up.

I see the Stuart Pearce Apologist Society is still in full swing. You know that's an anagram of SAPS, right?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2012, 10:42:22 pm »
Jesus Christ Cleverly?

You absolute fucking weak minded Man U sucking mongo wanker Pearce. Fuck Off you pea brained twat

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2012, 11:59:21 pm »
Henderson is with the u21s...

Oh, is he? I didn't realise that. At least those games aren't as strenuous as the top level.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Online Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2012, 12:03:34 am »
Oh, is he? I didn't realise that. At least those games aren't as strenuous as the top level.

Correct, and the under 21s are in full Pearce mode, so he'll be able to stand still in midfield and watch the ball sail past him the entire game anyway
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2012, 12:05:05 am »
Jesus Christ Cleverly?
Is that said in shock or is that what they're calling him now!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2012, 12:10:19 am »
Also, would anyone else agree that Leon Britton has deserved a call up? He's been quality this season.

Online Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2012, 12:12:28 am »
Also, would anyone else agree that Leon Britton has deserved a call up? He's been quality this season.

:shocked

A win for the Liverpool country

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:32 am »
:shocked

Guessing you disagree  ;)

Well he's been very good in the Swansea games I've watched this season, which have been a few.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:43 am »
Is that said in shock or is that what they're calling him now!

Well the first name there was utterly over rated so it kind of fits him

Jurgen Klopp

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2012, 12:20:52 am »
How does Cleverley get picked over Henderson and Campbell over AOC. I honestly hope England gets stuffed, and for Pearce putting his hand up for the Euros - please FA give it to him.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2012, 12:24:12 am »

I agree, think he's done well, deserves a place ahead of Barry IMO.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:07 am »
How does Cleverley get picked over Henderson and Campbell over AOC. I honestly hope England gets stuffed, and for Pearce putting his hand up for the Euros - please FA give it to him.

Hatchet faced big hard man. Perfect for the FA to play with cos hes such an Engerlund man its unbelievable. And will be utterly spineless for them

Cleverly

Fucking hell. Absolutely unbelievable. Thick as pigshit and a cocksucker to boot now

Jurgen Klopp

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2012, 12:35:11 am »

Carrick, Britton, Gerrard, Parker, Milner, Murphy would have been my choices, people keep talking about Cleverley being picked ahead of Henderson and AOC, when based on form Carrick and Britton are the biggest omissions from the squad.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:37:00 am by Coolie High »

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2012, 12:35:18 am »
England national team is a joke. Hopefully Pearce will lead the mighty England out at the Euro 2012 as well. Can't wait to see them fail horribly, just like Pearce did with the U21's playing totally shite football the English way.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2012, 12:36:32 am »
Hope England get twatted and everyone that plays for them gets injured**

**Just carry that on for ever.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2012, 12:41:24 am »
Hope England get twatted and everyone that plays for them gets injured**

**Just carry that on for ever.

Not everyone.  Just the dirty mancs, the Chelsea and the Arsenal players
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:33 am »
Not everyone.  Just the dirty mancs, the Chelsea and the Arsenal players

And Englands lionhearted Brave Scotty Scott Scott Parker the Brave

Jurgen Klopp

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:41 am »
Wow. What a load of shit this thread is. There's a few sensible posts about Holland's team and the rest is screaming like hysterical babies about England. Nice!
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2012, 07:34:14 am »
Think it's clear that Henderson is paying for that shocking 1st cap he got for England.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2012, 07:36:00 am »
I see the Stuart Pearce Apologist Society is still in full swing. You know that's an anagram of SAPS, right?

What a fascinating argument against the main points while ignoring my annoyance over the selection of bloody Rooney.

*points several posts above*

I mean really, is it so hard for Liverpool fans to work out a basic point? You guys are supposed to be the most knowledge fans yet we have 4 pages where the easy answer to "why not Henderson over Cleverly" requires a simple check of who the U21s are playing and a calculation of what odds are of 1) how many minutes Henderson would get against the Netherlands and 2) his chances of playing in the Euro's anyway.

Now Liverpool fans may disagree with Pearce judgment and say Henderson/Chamberlain would benefit far more from from 45 minutes or less against the Netherlands then getting to captain for 90 minutes in a crunch game. However that isn't the point people are making. Being unhappy with Cleverly being picked is a perfectly good opinion but if Henderson would be worse off for being picked, why not make other suggestions like Carrick, Murphy, Rodwell and so on?

England national team is a joke. Hopefully Pearce will lead the mighty England out at the Euro 2012 as well. Can't wait to see them fail horribly, just like Pearce did with the U21's playing totally shite football the English way.

Two successive qualifications and on course for another which is more then other U21 managers at the moment or since David Sexton. Or the main England team. A semi final, a final and a group stage finish. See first and second sentence. If Pearce took that record to the national team, we would be rather happy :P

If Pearce becomes caretaker, I don't see us getting out of the group but then, I wasn't so sure we would manage that under Capello.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2012, 07:50:35 am »
If Pearce becomes caretaker, I don't see us getting out of the group but then, I wasn't so sure we would manage that under Capello.

If Pearce was given the job for Euro's it'd be a sign that the FA are looking at World Cup 2014 no? ;)

He's terrible, watching U21's at last tournament was painful viewing. I do hope FA can look beyond a person's passport and get the right man in for the national side.

I get your point on Rooney & I agree, he will probably start as well which will add fuck all to this friendly or preparations for the summer.

No idea how Downing has been called up, says alot about the current wide players we have if he can still get included.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2012, 08:05:57 am »
Cleverly? wtf.
If anyone was ever in any doubt the amount of prick sucking the FA do for Manchester United that must be out the window now. What in gods name has this guy done to deserve a call up?

Hope england get twatted every game of the euros and several non liverpool players get caught out in a sex related racism row with a tranny boy.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:08:19 am by Dubit10 »
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2012, 08:23:41 am »
I hope England batter them so Pearce can get the job full-time.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2012, 10:41:00 am »
There used to be a time (admittedly about 20 years ago now) when you were picked for England based on form. Now you're picked because of your name or who you play for, regardless of minutes or performances. It's fucking embarrassing really.

Tom Cleverley plays ONE match back from months out and he's in the squad straight away, just like he was in the squad straight away after ONE game for the mancs last year. This is based SOLELY on the fact that he plays for Man Utd. He's not there on form or merit, the papers and saddo journalists in this country don't go on about him because he's setting the world alight - they do so because he plays for Man Utd. Because in the past Ferguson brought through Scholes, Beckham, the Nevilles, Giggs, etc. and they seem to think that every young kid coming through at Utd is suddenly definitely in that class, regardless of how much they've seen him play.

Wellbeck - there on merit.
Phil Jones - hahaha.
Smalling - has been ordinary to poor all season.
Young - hilariously included despite being utter dog shit since signing.
Rooney - there on merit.

You could say the same about Downing and Milner. Both have been relatively shite all season but they're in there because of who they play for. But basically if you're young, English, and play for Man Utd then you're in the squad. Doesn't matter how much you've been playing or how good your form is, in you go.

Hilariously shite selection as always.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2012, 10:56:31 am »
If Pearce was given the job for Euro's it'd be a sign that the FA are looking at World Cup 2014 no? ;)

He's terrible, watching U21's at last tournament was painful viewing. I do hope FA can look beyond a person's passport and get the right man in for the national side.

I get your point on Rooney & I agree, he will probably start as well which will add fuck all to this friendly or preparations for the summer.

No idea how Downing has been called up, says alot about the current wide players we have if he can still get included.

It would be a sign that they didn't want to damage a permanent appointee with a rushed Euro camapign and that they really couldn't find anyone despite having a few months to find a caretaker.

I would more hope for the tactically flexible (for an England side), counter-attacking and somewhat entertaining sides he got out of the other two tournament if he did get the caretaker job. Only without playing Scott Loach this time!

You could say the same about Young and Walcott. Still would have thought one or two could have been dropped for a more surprising choice.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2012, 11:00:37 am »
Young had a good August. That's the sum difference between him and Downing this season.

You're right though. Young players get picked on name and reputation these days it seems. There is some logic to the actual theory to an extent. If (and in Cleverly's and Campbell's case it was a big if/beyond them) you can hold down a place in a title contending team then yes you probably are good enough to get in the squad. I'm not that convinced by Welbeck but given that he's a pretty regular played for United you can see why he's now in the squad. Same for Sturrdige at Chelsea. But agree with you about Cleverly - played about 2 games this season.

On the flip side Kelly isn't a regular for us, but has played a fair bit and has barely had a bad game for us on the 2 years he's been around the squad. He's played well against Chelsea, United and Everton which suggests he has the right mentality to handle the big stage yet given he's behind Johnson, Richards, Walker and possibly Jones and Smalling he could have a long wait before he gets the nod.

In a way it's a good thing for us for now that Kelly, Henderson and Carroll aren't in the squad (I know Henderson is in the U21s) as they can continue to develop here. On a personal level it will be nice for them to get more recognition but I suppose the best way to do that is be part of a squad that's winning trophies. Starting Sunday please!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2012, 11:12:14 am »
Lord Cleverly is out of the England squad with an ankle injury apparently.  May as well not turn up now.