Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135359 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #1000 on: October 20, 2020, 10:48:50 pm »
Is it ok to prefer Michael Owen to Carragher now?

Owen talks more sense than Carragher does. Owen is a poor commentator, but his opinions and the way he articulates them is far more reasonable than Carragher

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1001 on: October 20, 2020, 10:55:12 pm »
Carragher is a divvy.

Should have been sacked for spitting incident but wasn’t.

Mouths off constantly about us and then denies he says it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: October 20, 2020, 10:57:42 pm »
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1003 on: October 20, 2020, 11:13:49 pm »
Carragher was no great . apart from 2 seasons he ranged from average to being utterly useless at the end of his career.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #1004 on: October 20, 2020, 11:19:59 pm »
Weirdest thing for me is the way he aims digs at Benitez, but without Rafa what would his career have been?

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: October 20, 2020, 11:24:01 pm »
Weirdest thing for me is the way he aims digs at Benitez, but without Rafa what would his career have been?

Would have the all time record for own goals at least..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: October 20, 2020, 11:34:25 pm »
he's not a good pundit, he's learnt nothing from his suspension from Sky it seems. Far too cocky and self-indulged, will get into trouble again sooner or later.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: October 20, 2020, 11:37:50 pm »
Becoming? Always been. Giving him a microphone has just made it more obvious.

True. Coward never spoke out against the cancers and it was reported in some circles he stabbed Rafa in the back which I can well believe.

In saying that, I'm not arsed about his recent comments. It's his opinion and immaterial imo.

Just wish he had been more vocal in the past when the club was in danger of going under. Rafa put his neck on the line, he on the other hand kept his mouth shut and signed a new contract.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: October 20, 2020, 11:38:03 pm »
John Henry should tweet that his banned from Anfield and Melwood. See how he reacts to that.  ;D

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: October 20, 2020, 11:40:08 pm »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1010 on: October 20, 2020, 11:55:17 pm »
Carragher was no great . apart from 2 seasons he ranged from average to being utterly useless at the end of his career.

yep agree with that, he doesn't make the top 10 of best CBs to have played for the club or top 20 of best defenders
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: October 21, 2020, 12:03:53 am »
There's about 20 players who have won everything with us the last 2 years who will be regarded as bigger legends of our club than he was or is.  Joe Gomez is a bigger  legend than Carra for fucks sake and he's got a  decade of playing left.. ;D

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: October 21, 2020, 12:19:55 am »

The things that I remember of Carragher the player - the own goals, the hoofs and being made to look like a fool by Thierry Henry all the time

He manufactured himself to become a figure of certain pedigree at this club. But he is no Dalglish, Souness or Barnes. He is not even Owen. The fact that he stayed so long and played the number of games that he played speaks volume of the standard of the Liverpool during those days. In a Shankly team or Paisley team ... he would probably be remembered like Phil Boersma (no disrespect to Boersma though)

Love it that Klopp called him out ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1013 on: October 21, 2020, 12:33:18 am »
He's becoming an uncontrollable bellend of the highest order

Just basically asked Coady to sign for Liverpool in a live interview on MNF...

Should have been sent packed when he spat at that little girl

Not a bad shout. He'd be the best squad player you could have. He'd crawl back to Liverpool
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: October 21, 2020, 08:31:42 am »
He's an absolute c*nt, this job has brought out the worst in him. Probably bitter that he doesn't have the brains to become a manager like Gerrard did.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1015 on: October 21, 2020, 08:32:01 am »
Remember when he wrote about putting a hot out on Lucas Neil.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: October 21, 2020, 08:40:32 am »
Is it ok to prefer Michael Owen to Carragher now?
Despite everything, you can tell Owen genuinely loves the club.  Carragher cares about Carragher and his Sky pay cheque.  He's a stooge.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: October 21, 2020, 08:43:32 am »
He was well above average in my opinion, but that was down to giving 100% not particularly talent. He put his body on the line constantly.  He was a bit of a dick when he played though, we cut him slack because he 'was one of us', turns out we were wrong.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: October 21, 2020, 09:28:36 am »
I take offence to that

I apologise  ;D

Yeah, i agree with everyone in here - he's a shite pundit, and he should stop rolling his fucking eyes and looking at the ceiling all the time while he's speaking. That really annoys me for some reason.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #1019 on: October 21, 2020, 10:37:36 am »
I don't get it how people can go from idolising him like we did around 2005, where he was holding our defence together at the time.  To now suddenly hating him.

He was always gobby and reckless as we saw with Nani tackle and he always clearly had a temper, so the spitting incident was never a big surprise.

But I don't have an issue with his opinions on the team at the moment.  He got criticised the other day for agreeing that Pickford should have got sent off.   

Might not agree with everything he says, but that probably goes for the same with every other person in the world.  We give opinions it's just everything he says gets heavily scrutinised.

I was never a huge fan of him as I didn't really like his aggressive character.  But to question his love for LFC is a bit far fetched.  We saw this with Souness, Owen and others.  They love the club, we might just not agree with everything they say. 

No need to say they hate us if that's the case.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: October 21, 2020, 10:44:03 am »
He’ll always have his gobshite moments purely because he’s employed by Sky, living in that 24/7 world of sensationalism is bound to rub off on him.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1021 on: October 21, 2020, 10:50:08 am »
I don't get it how people can go from idolising him like we did around 2005, where he was holding our defence together at the time.  To now suddenly hating him.

He was always gobby and reckless as we saw with Nani tackle and he always clearly had a temper, so the spitting incident was never a big surprise.

But I don't have an issue with his opinions on the team at the moment.  He got criticised the other day for agreeing that Pickford should have got sent off.   

Might not agree with everything he says, but that probably goes for the same with every other person in the world.  We give opinions it's just everything he says gets heavily scrutinised.

I was never a huge fan of him as I didn't really like his aggressive character.  But to question his love for LFC is a bit far fetched.  We saw this with Souness, Owen and others.  They love the club, we might just not agree with everything they say. 

No need to say they hate us if that's the case.

He was still an Evertonian into his 20s. Admitted in his book to dancing around the street when Michael Thomas scored in 89.

Said on Twitter only the other week if it was Everton and Liverpool both at the top he couldn't lose.

How can anyone take him seriously as a red? He outstayed his welcome as a player by several years with the aid of the darker side of his character.

We can be thankful for Istanblul etc, sure. But why do we have to put up with him bad mouthing the club on Sky, when the likes of Richards and Neville are used as cheerleaders for the Mancs.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: October 21, 2020, 10:52:20 am »
It's the prominence that his and Neville's views get. They are more interested in making the news than reporting it. That dickhead Vinny O'Connor in the first question of the press conference referenced Carragher saying that the title race is now wide open as a result of the VVD injury.

It's all self-serving bullshit and all of them just want the sound bite to keep the "news" rolling and their individual profiles high. Virtually every page of Reaches output quotes either of them.

I'm not interested in anything that Neville and Carragher have to say, largely because it's usually rubbish and full of hindsight rather than insight, and I object to them latching onto our club's profile for their own ends.

• Kopite
« Reply #1023 on: October 21, 2020, 11:04:55 am »
He was still an Evertonian into his 20s. Admitted in his book to dancing around the street when Michael Thomas scored in 89.

Said on Twitter only the other week if it was Everton and Liverpool both at the top he couldn't lose.

How can anyone take him seriously as a red? He outstayed his welcome as a player by several years with the aid of the darker side of his character.

We can be thankful for Istanblul etc, sure. But why do we have to put up with him bad mouthing the club on Sky, when the likes of Richards and Neville are used as cheerleaders for the Mancs.

People are different.

Not every idolise one club.  I love NFL but I don't support any team.

I don't see him bad mouth the club.

Offline Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1024 on: October 21, 2020, 11:08:25 am »
I always thought it was strange how he mocked some of our squad players ( Josemi, Nunez ) who celebrated  us winning the Champions League  in 2005...

It's not really the actions of a leader or someone that's care's about his teammates.

• Kopite
« Reply #1025 on: October 21, 2020, 11:26:35 am »
I always thought it was strange how he mocked some of our squad players ( Josemi, Nunez ) who celebrated  us winning the Champions League  in 2005...

It's not really the actions of a leader or someone that's care's about his teammates.

I agree that I never understood the craving for everyone wanting him to be our captain (many did).

He was a very good organiser and vocally excellent, strong character too.  But his constant shouting & belittling of his teammates isn't a sign of a great leader to me.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: October 21, 2020, 11:47:57 am »
Owen talks more sense than Carragher does. Owen is a poor commentator, but his opinions and the way he articulates them is far more reasonable than Carragher

Owen is an egotistical, self obsessed idiot....always was.....it was always about Owen.  Its just the way he's wired.  From his treatment of the young keeper, to his joining Utd - all for his personal benefit and status. 

Carragher is a sneaky, underhanded dick.  Far worse for me.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: October 21, 2020, 12:53:14 pm »

Never forgot this disgrace. Was all about making sure Reina got the golden glove apparently ::)

Nothing to do with pointing the finger to deflect from his own failings and his long-standing bullying of Arbeloa "whining like a Spaniard".

Was also notable for Xabi acting like a proper captain when the official one kept well away because it was his mate acting like a prick.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 12:56:19 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: October 21, 2020, 01:01:45 pm »
Owen is an egotistical, self obsessed idiot....always was.....it was always about Owen.  Its just the way he's wired.  From his treatment of the young keeper, to his joining Utd - all for his personal benefit and status. 

Carragher is a sneaky, underhanded dick.  Far worse for me.
It's an interesting comparison when you consider it was Carragher and Owen who were best mates, not Gerrard (who was closer to Murphy).
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: October 21, 2020, 01:16:36 pm »

Never forgot this disgrace. Was all about making sure Reina got the golden glove apparently ::)

Nothing to do with pointing the finger to deflect from his own failings and his long-standing bullying of Arbeloa "whining like a Spaniard".

Was also notable for Xabi acting like a proper captain when the official one kept well away because it was his mate acting like a prick.
Was that West Brom away?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: October 21, 2020, 04:42:33 pm »
It's an interesting comparison when you consider it was Carragher and Owen who were best mates, not Gerrard (who was closer to Murphy).

And what an absolute bitter prick Murphy turned into as well.

Online eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #1031 on: October 21, 2020, 04:43:22 pm »
If it were down to Carra we would have had some no mark like Alan Curbishley managing us back in the day.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1032 on: October 21, 2020, 04:46:31 pm »
If it were down to Carra we would have had some no mark like Alan Curbishley managing us back in the day.

I thought it was Gerrard who pushed for Curbishley? Think Owen was the one raving about the Valencia side we played, not that he stuck around under Rafa.

Anyway, different times, safe to say the right appointment was made!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1033 on: October 21, 2020, 04:48:26 pm »

Instead we ended up with Hodgson.

Yay!

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: October 21, 2020, 04:50:40 pm »
I thought it was Gerrard who pushed for Curbishley? Think Owen was the one raving about the Valencia side we played, not that he stuck around under Rafa.

Anyway, different times, safe to say the right appointment was made!

Carragher was always a big advocate of Martin O'Neill.

Online eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #1035 on: October 21, 2020, 04:52:17 pm »
Carragher was always a big advocate of Martin O'Neill.

Christ. Even worse!!

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: October 21, 2020, 04:55:33 pm »
I thought it was Gerrard who pushed for Curbishley?
It was Murphy singing his praises when he signed him for Charlton, talking about how great it was to work with an English boss.

And what an absolute bitter prick Murphy turned into as well.
Never got over Rafa bringing in the massive upgrade that was Xabi.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1037 on: October 21, 2020, 04:59:47 pm »
It was Murphy singing his praises when he signed him for Charlton, talking about how great it was to work with an English boss.
Never got over Rafa bringing in the massive upgrade that was Xabi.

It was, but Curbs (and Strachan) were mentioned in a short list in the summer of 2004 I think and I’m pretty sure our local lads in the squad at the time were asked about them. That’s how I remember it from the media at the time so could be wrong, and as I said, at least we got the right man in!

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #1038 on: October 21, 2020, 10:58:54 pm »
The problem with Carra was that entire spitting incident, no doubt he hates it being brought up and he knows the 2 fan bases most likely to do that are Everton and Man Utd, consequently everytime he has the opportunity to back either one of them over us he does that to avoid the brutal social media backlash that would otherwise ensue

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: October 23, 2020, 03:00:11 pm »
He just can't shut his gob!

"As for the idiots on social media targeting Pickford or Richarlison, they are no more representative of Liverpool’s fanbase as those Evertonians who abused Wales’ Neil Taylor when he broke Seamus Coleman’s leg during an international in 2017, or Heung-Min Son after Andre Gomes suffered a year ago".

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI