Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Al mate, if it goes tits up we know who's to blame anyway. It's Edwards and Hughes and Edwards has his fall guy lnied up anyway in Hughes. He's not LFC but FSG. He would  just get in another Sporting Director.

It doesn't work like that though Samie.

At the time recruitment team transfers like Markovic, Moreno, Can, Balotelli, Coates, Alberto, Aspas, Sakho, llori, Assaidi, Yesil and even Origi were alleged to have failed because the manager refused to give them a chance.

It wasn't Edwards and the recruitment team who lost their jobs it was the manager.
Just watched the replay of the incident and the preceding phases of play. Basically, Areola leaps straight up to catch a high ball, bumps into a team mate then has a lesser collision with a Liverpool player, and grazes the post with his foot as he comes down. Lies on the floor for a second holding his ankle while Gakpo and a WHU player ask if he's OK, then Gakpo seems to say "well come on, get on with it then", then after Areola feels he's wasted enough time he gets up and everyone clears out for the goal kick, then the throw and sock pull happens. Absolutely ludicrous to suggest that there was a free kick + advantage, or that play needed to be stopped for treatment when the keeper has clearly resumed play after a bit of gamesmanship. The PGMOL is fortunate that the fire has gone out at Liverpool because that was just unacceptable by the referee. I just can't wait for the season to end so I can train myself to forget about the Premier League for good. It is just not healthy to engage with this stuff, football used to be a diversion from the pain of the world, now it's one of the antagonists. The hell with it all.
A conspiracy means more than one person meeting to influence an outcome for their gain.

It's a term that is over used these days and there is a reason for it too If the individual questions anything suss then the group mentality kicks in. The nail that stands out is always the first to be hit an' all that.
All a conspiracy is, is two or more people agreeing to commit an illegal or harmful act.

The PGMOL absolutely, 100% conspire together to protect each other no matter what, and this is extremely harmful to the sport. It directly influences outcomes.
Just take the booking and leave the ref with a headache.  With only a few games left what difference would a booking make?

This idea that Gakpo kicking it into the next would've put the ref in a position where he had to explain himself is a beautiful pipe dream. They haven't bothered explaining themselves in any meaningful way all season. Why would it start now? Suddenly, Gakpo kicking it into the net is supposed to leave the ref in a difficult position? Want to see the position Gakpo scoring would put the ref in?

Gakpo scores. Gets a yellow.

Anthony Taylor: I clearly blew the whistle; I gave him a yellow for time-wasting.

Media would spend their coverage on this incident by highlighting the fact that Taylor did indeed blow the whistle and that Gakpo kicked the ball after the whistle. Yellow card justified. If anyone thinks this would've gotten anyone to talk about anything that led up to that moment, I don't know what to tell you, because that is never, ever going to happen, especially if Liverpool are the ones getting shafted for it.
Just finished Gray on Netflix. One of the worst series I’ve ever watched. Made no sense at all, tied up almost no loose ends. Complete waste of time.
You're right. This and the Spurs game bring them in to disrepute and clearly show PGMOL are not fit for purpose. I've said it before, but it's time for a root and branch reboot of the whole thing. It's a cartel that needs to be broken up. The audio from the Spurs game was damning, but met with a shrug of the shoulders. How bad does it need to get?

It needs to get to the stage where it has the potential to cost the owners of clubs serious money. Probably why Forest are kicking off so much.
Al mate, if it goes tits up we know who's to blame anyway. It's Edwards and Hughes and Edwards has his fall guy lnied up anyway in Hughes. He's not LFC but FSG. He would  just get in another Sporting Director.
And I for one would be very okay with this. Plays RB, RCB, LCB. Strong in duels, good on the ball, mean look when he plays, and for you hipsters, looks comfortable in central areas when he is needed to invert.

Has played for Slot (obvs), has played with VVD & Gakpo.

I'm on board.

It would be nuts though.

RB, RCB is probably the strongest area of the team. We have Trent, Bradley, Ibou and Gomez whilst on the other side we have significant issues. It would be a complete waste of our resources. 
Poor performance again and overall maybe all we deserved, especially after a very drab first half, but no wonder Klopp and the team seem to be tired of it all. Officiating is really farcical.

Like many on here I’ve been watching the game and following the reds for well over 50 years. I try to be even handed and sympathetic to referees, but it’s quite obvious they’ve got to a stage where they really are making it up as they go along.  It’s never been worse.

This season officiating standards in the premier league has hit an all time low. It’s horribly embarrassingly for the self proclaimed ‘best league in the world’. And it’s not all down to VAR. I’ve never seen a referee call on a trainer like that for a non injury after no contact whatsoever.  Unless it’s a serious injury, when does that ever happen?  The goalie fell over grabbing a ball. The ref didn’t give a free kick. So what Taylor then did defies any logic and what’s worse for us … that would not happen against any other team. What the fuck was he doing? Taylor has now totally fucked up in two back to back major games. It’s a fucking shambles but won’t get called out.

Conspiracy? Probably not. That requires extraordinary complicity by many parties.
Incompetent amateur levels of performance? Yes, absolutely. Fucking joke and we have far more of these decisions go against us than anyone other top 6 team in the division.

It doesn't. Two people can conspire together. A conspiracy can be something on a massive scale or something between a very small number of people. I could conspire with a mate to commit a crime or do something harmful and dishonest yet technically legal.

In this case here, we have an organisation that colludes together to cover their backs at all times. They close ranks, to the detriment of the sport. They are making it up as they go along. They are gaslighting fans who fork out thousands every season to support their clubs and they are costing clubs titles via the mistakes the won't admit they make. They absolutely conspire together to protect each other. The mental gymnastics they come out with as explanations are often absurd.

But that’s what’s been the case here anyway? And nothing changes regards a player being able to speak with the coach, that still happens in all the leagues around Europe when this is the usual way of working.

That hasn't been the case here though. The manager has been in control of transfers. Even Rodgers admitted he had the final say. Even though he complained he was given a limited choice of players.

That is not what is being planned at Liverpool now. What is being advocated now is that Slot concentrates on coaching whilst reporting to a SD who picks the players.

You will know better than me but for instance at Dortmund it evolved into a situation in which Klopp and Zorc collaborated on players with Watzke as the ultimate decision maker?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10