Author Topic: Steven Caulker - Welcome to Liverpool FC  (Read 95266 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Steven Caulker - Welcome to Liverpool FC
« Reply #600 on: January 14, 2016, 10:49:21 am »
This reminded me of Jose Mourinho throwing Huth for the last few minutes against Liverpool to snatch a goal. Lord how much stick he got for that!

Klopp isn't adverse to slinging a centrehalf up top towards the end of a match, I think he's already done it with Skrtel once or twice.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #601 on: January 14, 2016, 12:09:59 pm »
Has to be given a start on Sunday. Did anyone in our defence win a bloody header at any point last night?!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #602 on: January 14, 2016, 12:12:58 pm »
Klopp isn't adverse to slinging a centrehalf up top towards the end of a match, I think he's already done it with Skrtel once or twice.

Perhaps if we had some fit firing strikers he wouldn't have to....so certainly no moaning from me about that

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: January 14, 2016, 12:54:32 pm »
This reminded me of Jose Mourinho throwing Huth for the last few minutes against Liverpool to snatch a goal. Lord how much stick he got for that!

Well, there were only two ways. Either you put a defender up top, or you bring on Luis Garcia to play between the lines.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: January 14, 2016, 01:58:18 pm »
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #605 on: January 14, 2016, 02:03:39 pm »
Actually had a chuckle to myself when the Commentator said "Is he going up to partner Benteke?!"

Tell you what though, he did pretty well in his cameo, fought for some balls, put himself around a bit, and pulled defenders out of position.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: January 14, 2016, 02:13:58 pm »
Actually had a chuckle to myself when the Commentator said "Is he going up to partner Benteke?!"

Tell you what though, he did pretty well in his cameo, fought for some balls, put himself around a bit, and pulled defenders out of position.

Don't know why but I had a big grin on my face after scored the third and he went back to defence and dominantly headed the ball away twice.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #608 on: January 14, 2016, 02:18:02 pm »
Don't know why but I had a big grin on my face after scored the third and he went back to defence and dominantly headed the ball away twice.

Seemed to have a lot of fun out there, bench at Southampton, striking partner for Benteke couple of days later.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: January 14, 2016, 02:20:39 pm »
He actually looks pretty good in a Liverpool shirt

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #610 on: January 14, 2016, 02:38:56 pm »
Nice to have another striker on the books.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: January 14, 2016, 04:41:15 pm »
Seemed to have a lot of fun out there, bench at Southampton, striking partner for Benteke couple of days later.

He did. Clearly seemed very sheepish when walking onto the pitch for good reason, was obviously pointing to the top of the pitch to Klopp to say 'yeah get up top?' even though he'd been told, but knew everyone in the ground would have been thinking were the fuck are you going!  ;D

Was a funny point as well when he was a bit lost out wide, very understandably, then quickly ran into the box remembering he was supposed to be on the end of the crosses not making them.

Also I love that Klopp is not stuck in a box and willing to change everything on its head sending defenders up top if it calls for it, great to see.

All in all a proper baptism of fire in front of the kop for him and hope that settles him in nicely. Comes across a really nice guy so hope it carries on well from here for him and if needed he can do a great job for us in upcoming games.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: January 14, 2016, 08:43:53 pm »
I said pretty much something similar to my lad at the game. Telling him that at the weekend would have seemed beyond a fantasy story.

He'll get plenty of opportunities to impose his fairy tale over the next few months.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: January 17, 2016, 09:51:32 pm »
Wouldn't mind seeing him in his natural position at some point in his Liverpool career . . .

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: January 17, 2016, 09:52:49 pm »
Wouldn't mind seeing him in his natural position at some point in his Liverpool career . . .

Probably will be on wednesday

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #615 on: January 17, 2016, 09:59:51 pm »
He might be a revelation. We really had nothing to lose by bringing him on loan.
 For me, when it comes to centre-backs, it's all about the partnership. There are pairs that work and others that don't, irregardless of how good or bad each individual might seem. You don't have to look that far, Lovren was actually good next to Sakho despite being a total nightmare when partnered by Skrtel.
I hope that Caulker will be good under the guidance of Sakho, his heading ability is something that will help in certain games.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: January 17, 2016, 10:00:21 pm »
Probably will be on wednesday
No chance, needed to be registered before the original tie.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #617 on: January 18, 2016, 03:02:02 am »
He might be a revelation. We really had nothing to lose by bringing him on loan.
 For me, when it comes to centre-backs, it's all about the partnership. There are pairs that work and others that don't, irregardless of how good or bad each individual might seem. You don't have to look that far, Lovren was actually good next to Sakho despite being a total nightmare when partnered by Skrtel.
I hope that Caulker will be good under the guidance of Sakho, his heading ability is something that will help in certain games.

Never mind partnering Sakho, He's partnering Benteke!

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: January 18, 2016, 03:16:27 am »
Needs to start scoring if he wants to nail down a starting role up top.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #619 on: January 18, 2016, 09:08:42 am »
I'm still baffled by this.  I know he came in as cover and since he came Sakho has been fit,  but he's basically exchanged Southampton's bench for ours!!

Is he really not able to play in the FA Cup replay?
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #620 on: January 18, 2016, 12:50:53 pm »
Does anyone here honestly think Stephen fucking Caulker is a Klopp signing, or that he'd even heard about him until a couple of weeks ago?

Why isn't' there a thread on the nefarious transfer committee on this forum? This club is not getting out of mediocrity until the lot of them are fucked off and Klopp and his scouts have FULL CONTROL over recruitment.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: January 18, 2016, 12:54:44 pm »
I'm still baffled by this.  I know he came in as cover and since he came Sakho has been fit,  but he's basically exchanged Southampton's bench for ours!!

Is he really not able to play in the FA Cup replay?

Toure and Sakho are our last two central defenders and both were struggling for fitness when Caulker arrived, an injury to either and we'd be screwed so nothing wrong with getting Caulker in just in case.

Does anyone here honestly think Stephen fucking Caulker is a Klopp signing, or that he'd even heard about him until a couple of weeks ago?

Why isn't' there a thread on the nefarious transfer committee on this forum? This club is not getting out of mediocrity until the lot of them are fucked off and Klopp and his scouts have FULL CONTROL over recruitment.

Klopp wanted a defender in to cover for a sudden burst of injuries and he got one very quickly.

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #622 on: January 18, 2016, 01:31:32 pm »
Transfer Committee still there and needs to be fucked off ASAP. FSG have to trust the most brilliant football manager in the world and his scouts with recruitment fully.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: January 18, 2016, 01:56:20 pm »
Transfer Committee still there and needs to be fucked off ASAP. FSG have to trust the most brilliant football manager in the world and his scouts with recruitment fully.

Klopp doesn't have any scouts.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: January 18, 2016, 02:16:38 pm »

There's one in the Transfer forum. After Brendan's appearance on telly yesterday it's in full swing!

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: January 18, 2016, 06:30:37 pm »
We needed a striker badly. Welcome Steve!

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #626 on: January 20, 2016, 09:15:51 am »
What did people think of his u21 performance?  Apart from his physical maturity I don't think he stood out from our youngsters.  Not sure who this reflects on,  the greatness of our youngsters  or Caulker!!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #627 on: January 20, 2016, 09:48:13 am »
What did people think of his u21 performance?  Apart from his physical maturity I don't think he stood out from our youngsters.  Not sure who this reflects on,  the greatness of our youngsters  or Caulker!!

Didn't think he had much to do really, when he did he looked fine and even the odd moment where he looked much better than those around him....dinks over attackers heads etc (cool headed) obviously you can't tell against U21's but didn't see anything glaring that made me go "oh no"

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #628 on: January 20, 2016, 10:40:30 am »
Didn't think he had much to do really, when he did he looked fine and even the odd moment where he looked much better than those around him....dinks over attackers heads etc (cool headed) obviously you can't tell against U21's but didn't see anything glaring that made me go "oh no"

That sounds positive then if we should ever need him for the first team.  Thanks

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #629 on: January 20, 2016, 10:44:13 am »
Needs to start scoring if he wants to nail down a starting role up top.

He has the same scoring rate as Ibe and Lallana so...
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #630 on: January 20, 2016, 10:59:23 am »
Hmm, I must have imagined Ibe's two goals then.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: January 24, 2016, 01:48:31 pm »
Happy with what he's done so far, all be it a bit strange seeing him as emergency striker, but I think he's helped us get a point against Arsenal with just having his presence in the box and then made a couple of good defensive headers after Allen scored.
Then against Norwich he was heavily involved in Lallana's goal, by winning a header putting us on the attack and then his shot and follow up header to keep the ball alive, for Lallana to score.
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: January 24, 2016, 01:53:42 pm »
I think we need him to start in place of sakho who just isn't dominating the area enough. Looks like he's up for it. What have we got to lose
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #633 on: January 24, 2016, 01:54:14 pm »
Well done yesterday, to the lad.
Made that winning goal by causing absolute chaos in their box. Everyone of the oppo's nervy attention was squarely on what absolute shite he was causing and then you have Lallana getting the chance and space to do the damage. As I said in the post-match- he's been an "inspired" signing of an unexpected sort.

He really is a threat in the air- just look at those two points-winning contributions from him in only 3 apps; and he's quite silky with the ball and his technique for a defender. Just ask yourself- just what the fuck is Caulker doing in the role of a striker, in the dying seconds of the game? He's got a desire to win, that lad and he's shown it twice in 3 games now- no matter where he plays.

Keep going big man. You just keep doing what you're doing. Well done again!
I sincerely hpe we keep this lad- just for the bloody bollicks alone. God knows, we need men out there- people with heart, guts and who won't give up fighting.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:00:25 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: January 24, 2016, 01:57:42 pm »
He obviously can't play against Stoke but what's the story for the FA Cup against West Ham?  If he was he would be very useful as they tortured us with crossed balls this year and we need proper height and heading ability in there.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: January 24, 2016, 01:58:21 pm »
Caught that shot in the lead up to the winner very well

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #636 on: January 24, 2016, 02:08:20 pm »
Caught that shot in the lead up to the winner very well
Yip- but not just that- Caulker faught for that chance, fashioning the chance for the goal. Suarez-like in both games where he did that- causing shite in the oppo box through his intimidation and aerial ability.
We need THAT.

Caulker doesn't decide to take up Sturridge's/Benteke's place and try to win the game on his own- that goal isn't scored. We draw. Today is a shit day.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:11:19 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #637 on: January 24, 2016, 05:39:08 pm »
Did he play in the 3rd round for Southampton. If not then I will be surprised if he doesnt start for us against West Ham.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: January 24, 2016, 05:40:47 pm »
Did he play in the 3rd round for Southampton. If not then I will be surprised if he doesnt start for us against West Ham.
no

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35211521

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: January 24, 2016, 11:18:56 pm »
Is he eligible for us in the Europa League? He played in the qualifying games for Southampton, from what I can make out I think he is eligible

41.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions
League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one
club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has
been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the
UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA
Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group
stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 32, a player can be registered in
accordance with Paragraph 43.01 to Paragraph 43.04. A substitute player who has
not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA
Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season,
provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with
the present regulations.
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play