Author Topic: Hillsborough trial collapses  (Read 24776 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hillsborough trial collapses
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2021, 06:08:42 pm »
Did the CPS throw this on purpose?

Who knows. The fact they haven’t appealed is gross.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2021, 06:09:35 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2021, 06:10:28 pm »
Good statement that.

As for what to say about all this... words fail me to be honest. I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not. My heart goes out to all of the families and friends of the 96, and I hope that one day there'll be a reckoning for those responsible, whether it's in this life or the next.

I've already said that we should do whatever it takes to put this front and centre of any plans for the Euros - the FA have not felt anything yet. They need to - and if that upsets the small-club in-ger-land brigade - then fuck em.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2021, 06:11:28 pm »
I have sent my complaint to the BBC about Adrian Chiles allowing the Goldberg twat to lie without being challenged and the record put straight. I hope the Bar Council intervenes as how can we expect any justice when QCs can go on national radio and openly lie?
But that’s literally his (Goldberg’s) raison d’être, to alter and subvert the narrative for the benefit of his paying client in criminal proceedings. It’s basically putting the C in QC and I don’t mean ‘counsel’.

What is particularly arrogant and shameful is that, in a publicly broadcast interview (state sponsored media no less), he’s directly and specifically contradicted an unquestionable finding of fact made by the 2016 inquest. If that were a court of law, he’d likely be in deep shit with the Bar Standards board for disrepute, but I suspect because a coroner/inquest doesn’t have the same process and thus weight of a judge/court, I think he’s likely in the clear there. Of course, he’d probably know that, the c*nt.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2021, 06:12:05 pm »
@BrianReade
·
7h
Despite 164 police statements being “significantly amended” the judge believes the evidence was not strong enough to prove two ex-police officers and an ex-police solicitor perverted the course of justice.

when will this end
Allez Allez Allez.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2021, 06:14:17 pm »
Did the CPS throw this on purpose?

Apparently not mate - they were quite forthright (for them) in their statement earlier - www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/cps-statement-hillsborough-ruling

They do certainly have a lot of questions to answer. Edit: Though this is a start - https://twitter.com/AdrianTempany/status/1398011678328037377

Other statements and news here - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312985.msg17776291#msg17776291

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 11:41:58 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2021, 06:18:08 pm »
@BrianReade
·
7h
Despite 164 police statements being “significantly amended” the judge believes the evidence was not strong enough to prove two ex-police officers and an ex-police solicitor perverted the course of justice.

when will this end

Call me a conspiracy theorist - but this judgement is as much about Grenfell, Covid and Manchester Arena enquiries and protecting people as it is about this. Shameful precedent and fuck the whole legal establishment.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2021, 06:20:19 pm »
that QC in his statement bringing up the cost of the Hillsborough inquest and saying it could've been spent on hospitals or schools is so incredibly crass. I would strongly encourage all to raise that and his Radio interview with the Bar Standards Board.

The other lawyer calling it "lies, half truths, myths and rumours" with "no critical analysis or research" is equally nauseating. What an absolute knob.

Disgusting.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 06:22:05 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2021, 06:21:36 pm »
Call me a conspiracy theorist - but this judgement is as much about Grenfell, Covid and Manchester Arena enquiries and protecting people as it is about this. Shameful precedent and fuck the whole legal establishment.

It absolutely is, and I have no doubt that they will do whatever it takes to make sure that the bastards in the corridors of power never see a prison cell.

That is what we're fighting against. If you weren't sure before now, now you have your answer.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2021, 06:26:34 pm »

You're not wrong.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2021, 06:26:40 pm »
I must admit I've emailed him directly. Absolutely furious. We can't let that go.

Edit:

Just got this back:

Going to send something to the Bar Standards Board. We may need to decipher that word for word - because I get the impression he's a bit of a bastard.

Something weird's going with the BBC Sounds App.

I heard his interview on the App late this afternoon (about an hour ago). I've tried to go into it right now and the shows not available? Don't know if it's related.

BBC now on Five Live saying that they've had so many complaints about it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2021, 06:26:49 pm »
I don’t know what to say….

All I can say is that my heartfelt sorrow goes out to all of those who have suffered from Hillsborough and who have been failed time and time again
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2021, 06:31:14 pm »

It will certainly be noted by all involved. Outrageous.
The law as written seems pretty clear on this, hence no appeal.
But there is no denying the stench surrounding this miscarriage.
No duty of candour, my arse.

Heartfelt best wishes to the families involved.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 06:33:10 pm by HomesickRed »

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2021, 06:31:55 pm »
that QC in his statement bringing up the cost of the Hillsborough inquest and saying it could've been spent on hospitals or schools is so incredibly crass. I would strongly encourage all to raise that and his Radio interview with the Bar Standards Board.

The other lawyer calling it "lies, half truths, myths and rumours" with "no critical analysis or research" is equally nauseating. What an absolute knob.

Disgusting.

I have now sent my complaint to the Bar Council. Apparenty they promote "The highest standards of ethics, equality and diversity across the profession". My arse, I guess they will ignore it as he is one of their own.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2021, 06:32:51 pm »
BBC on Five Live now saying Jonathan Goldberg's comments on Adrian Chiles's about fan behaviour were wrong.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2021, 06:33:01 pm »
Something weird's going with the BBC Sounds App.

I heard his interview on the App late this afternoon (about an hour ago). I've tried to go into it right now and the shows not available? Don't know if it's related.

BBC now on Five Live saying that they've had so many complaints about it.

What part are you looking for? The interviews outside Anfield were just after 3pm, it was on the Nihal Arthanyake show.

Edit: Just seen above post. So the stupid c*nt blurted that shit out on National Radio as well...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 06:35:58 pm by Broad Spectrum »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2021, 06:33:48 pm »
BBC should pull that clip from Chiles's show.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2021, 06:34:00 pm »
The sad thing is that, I'm sure we all expected this kind of outcome.

Justice is not for everyone in this country.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 07:49:11 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2021, 06:35:10 pm »
What part are you looking for? The interviews outside Anfield were just after 3pm, it was on the Nihal Arthanyake show.

Nah, it was on Adrian Chiles' show, the actual interview with Jonathan Goldberg was around 12.30. I've heard it already but the app isn't little play it anymore.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2021, 06:47:45 pm »
Nah, it was on Adrian Chiles' show, the actual interview with Jonathan Goldberg was around 12.30. I've heard it already but the app isn't little play it anymore.
They've probably pulled it, and rightly so - I did hear the BBC presenters exacerbated by his comments

Horrible little tit of an ambulance chaser - also claimed that had they not spent the cash on the prosecution they could've built hospitals, even in Liverpool (his exact words)  :no

Can they not pursue them for their pensions in civil prosecutions ?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 06:49:33 pm by Bangin Them In »
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2021, 06:52:46 pm »
Predictable kick in the balls that somehow hurts even more than anticipated. Poor families, can’t even imagine the anger and disgust they feel. I’ll bite my tongue on what I wish for the judges and the defendants.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2021, 06:55:41 pm »
fuming

just.. better not say more

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2021, 06:58:31 pm »

I don’t think there’s anything conspiracy theorist about that at all to be honest, rather a fairly likely scenario.

The whole thing utterly fucking stinks.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2021, 07:03:39 pm »
I heard this as well. He made disgusting comments and allegations accusing Liverpool fans of rioting outside the stadium which led to innocent people passing away.  How he can he be allowed to get away with comments such as that.

He tells me he was merely expressing the views of his clients.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2021, 07:06:18 pm »
I must admit I've emailed him directly. Absolutely furious. We can't let that go.

Edit:

Just got this back:

Going to send something to the Bar Standards Board. We may need to decipher that word for word - because I get the impression he's a bit of a bastard.

I got exactly the same response.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2021, 07:06:33 pm »
He tells me he was merely expressing the views of his clients.
Is that his email to you on Twitter?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2021, 07:06:49 pm »
‘Cock up, not conspiracy’ according to Goldenberg.

So what, did the coppers accidentally doctor their statements to remove criticism of the SYP?

Fucking unbelievable that this shite is still being peddled.

So was the Costa Concordia disaster, but the captain still went to fucking jail.  And fewer people died on that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2021, 07:10:36 pm »
This whole judgement completely stinks to high heaven.

Justice system my arse, nothing to do with justice whatsoever.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2021, 07:15:36 pm »
So was the Costa Concordia disaster, but the captain still went to fucking jail.  And fewer people died on that.

Point is that this clearly was a conspiracy with cast iron evidence to show that.

Just because the actual disaster was due to incompetence not conspiracy doesn’t mean that there wasn’t one, as Goldberg well knows.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2021, 07:16:14 pm »
They've probably pulled it, and rightly so - I did hear the BBC presenters exacerbated by his comments

Horrible little tit of an ambulance chaser - also claimed that had they not spent the cash on the prosecution they could've built hospitals, even in Liverpool (his exact words)  :no

I think they've pulled it as well. The BBC about an hour ago were explicit that what he said was wrong.

He didn't mention it was the view of his clients in his interview either as he seem to be saying now.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2021, 07:18:40 pm »
But that’s literally his (Goldberg’s) raison d’être, to alter and subvert the narrative for the benefit of his paying client in criminal proceedings. It’s basically putting the C in QC and I don’t mean ‘counsel’.

What is particularly arrogant and shameful is that, in a publicly broadcast interview (state sponsored media no less), he’s directly and specifically contradicted an unquestionable finding of fact made by the 2016 inquest. If that were a court of law, he’d likely be in deep shit with the Bar Standards board for disrepute, but I suspect because a coroner/inquest doesn’t have the same process and thus weight of a judge/court, I think he’s likely in the clear there. Of course, he’d probably know that, the c*nt.

Considering the fans were cleared of wrongdoing, is what he said not libel?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2021, 07:33:55 pm »
Utterly fucking shameful and disgusting. No justice in any true sense of the word. I can't even begin to fathom the hammer blow this is to the families, sickening and shameful.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2021, 07:38:25 pm »
Yeah, that's what I've put in an email to the BBC about that 5live interview - that surely it's libel since the supporters were exonerated in 2016 (not that they weren't before that of course !)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2021, 07:44:09 pm »

'Video: Aspinall, Burnham and Rotheram press conference':-

Margaret Aspinall, Andy Burnham and Steve Rotheram offer their reaction to latest developments in the judicial process relating to the Hillsborough disaster.

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/435569-video-aspinall-burnham-and-rotheram-press-conference (a 34 minute video - free to watch)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2021, 07:44:54 pm »
'Video: Aspinall, Burnham and Rotheram press conference':-

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/435569-video-aspinall-burnham-and-rotheram-press-conference (a 34 minute video - free to watch)

Huge thanks for that. Will be watching later...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2021, 07:50:47 pm »
Spot on.

This is the reason the fuzzy-headed fat c*nt Bojo is absolutely confident about letting an inquiry go ahead into his handling of Covid. They know they can't be touched and there will be no one held accountable. I mean, this is a man who (allegedly my bollocks) said he'd have "bodies stacked high" rather than locking down again. The same reason why the victims of Ballymurphy didn't accept his pathetic excuses of an apology. These people don't care about the working class and never have done. They see crimes like Hillsborough and Grenfell as an inconvenience that they just want to go away and bat it off like they're swatting away an annoying fly. 72, 11, 96 people? What does it matter to them? It's just a number.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2021, 07:55:36 pm »
There is no point in complaining to the BBC about Goldberg's comments. There is however a point in pointing out to Goldberg that his comments were wrong. Also that his interview with R5L went beyond his  defence of his clients. He didn't need to go on the radio.  I wrote to him on jonathan.goldberg@goldbergqc.com in order to complain about his attitude and spinning of lies about drunken fans . Others may want to do the same with dignity -  ie no threats.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2021, 07:56:37 pm »
Bastards.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2021, 07:58:39 pm »

Although you can libel a group of people - the Liverpool Fans at Hillsborough in 1989 are likely in law not sufficiently defined as a group. It is likely any libel action will fail. No doubt Goldberg knew that.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2021, 08:38:25 pm »
I cannot believe that! Absolutely heart breaking that in effect people have gotten off on a technicality. Absolutely lost for words really.

It’s utterly disgraceful this and shows our justice system is corrupt.