Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by DLF on Today at 03:06:05 pm »
Imagine Klopp was coming back next season with all his coaching skills but had somehow lost all his knowledge of LFC, the Premier League and even living in the UK.  Same squad but never met them before in his life.  New country, new job and all that upheaval.  What would be your demands and expectations? 
Lutsharel Geertruida would love to join Arne Slot at Liverpool and is ready for a transfer.

[Marcel Van De Kraan for @telegraaf]
Gaming Board for consoles, PC & mobile / Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Last post by Walshy nMe® on Today at 03:04:42 pm »
Hi all - looking at potentially getting a 1TB expansion HD. Any recommendations for which?

As long as it has a heatsink you're golden mate, I got a 2tb drive and it's amazing, all my games on it and don't have to worry about deleting anything, no difference in speed/performance.

I got this one (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09T2WNKNZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but was on sale for about £80.

You just slide the ps5 cover off, unscrew the little door and then slide the stick in, put the holding screw in place and then close and screw down the door, can be done in about 45 seconds.
Just watched the ref watch clip. Dermot Gallagher deliberately avoiding the question of why the Manc ref blew his whistle. Just kept saying he should’ve blown earlier and decided the keeper needed treatment. First off, he fucking didn’t blow the whistle did he you bald prick, that is the whole point! Also, it’s not for the ref to decide  if the keeper needed treatment. He quite clearly fucking didn’t as he just stood there pulling his socks up!
The fucking cheating bastards are seriously doing my head in.
and the PGMOL.

Unless there's progress on the City charges and a major overhaul of the PGMOL, I'm going back to just following athletics and snooker this summer. Football is (to paraphrase Rossi) going the way of WWE. It's a joke of a sport at the moment.

I've said the same mate, once Klopp is gone I don't think I'll be invested.  The football world today is horrific and not the game I love.

Didn't even watch Atalanta 2nd leg, Palace or WHU games, just don't have my heart in it now the season is over it feels like my time with the club is over.  Not even been to Anfield since Jan.
So who are we signing at centre back?

Its a tough one isn't it, especially with the new manager coming in. Would think it will be a similar skill set to previous: tall, quick and good ball players.

Lots of highly rated youngters about like Colwill, Diomande, Silva, Scalvini, Yoro but not idea who we'd go for, especially as some of them have mad prices
Look at the midfield we had then and now, its night and day. We are a top no6 short but we have quality and options everywhere else.

It's difficult to pin down targets, as the initial results may be up and down (remember beating Arsenal away in 2016 then losing to Burnley?). If the football is looking good then there is a base to work from even if results are mixed.

Personally, I think the midfield has been really bad during the run-in. I think Macca is the only one you would say was a nailed-on starter. Even then there are question marks over where you play him. I agree we have loads of options but how many world beaters do we have.

I think our record against the top teams is telling. It is great having a good squad and loads of options but it is your first 11 that beats the top teams. In our pomp our first 11 was obvious and 11 top players. I honestly couldn't name our best 11 now.
So who are we signing at centre back?

We've been linked to the Ecuadorian Willian Pacho, 22-year-old left-footed CB from Frankfurt. 6-2 in height, which is apparently 187 cm.
General Football and Sport / Re: The Golf Thread
« Last post by 4pool on Today at 02:59:06 pm »
Rory and Lowry just won in New Orleans team event. This gave Rory 25 PGA Tour wins.

The question of the day is, when thinking about winning an event should team events count in your total?

To give this some other context, Tiger and Sam Snead are joint top with 82 PGA tour wins. Tiger has 0 team event wins, Snead has 5.  So, does Tiger have the record for most tour victories.

Thoughts...

The more titles they win, the harder it will be in the eyes of some for the PL to pretty much wipe out a decade's worth of trophies. Cycling is still dealing with the fallout from Lance Armstrong. This would be much bigger and the PL has turned a blind eye for too long to protect the brand and TV revenues

They'll bottle it, give them about 40 point deduction in one season, and then move on. The one season they may even still push for Europe even with 40 pt deduction, be a 2 year break and they'll be back to normal.

The players won't (be allowed to) leave, so they'll just carry on as normal.

I have lost all faith the Premier League will do anything meaningful, I think they are testing the waters with these Everton and Forest deductions, and will just give them a fucked season, not strip anything, not relegate them, not do anything meaningful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10