Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2556073 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #43400 on: March 28, 2024, 11:05:30 am »
Things going wrong at work when I’ve got next week booked off. Extra stress and probably end up working Tuesday. FFS

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43401 on: March 28, 2024, 11:27:25 am »
As if my mood isn't dire enough today there's some stupid arsed bint on the radio chatting wham about her co presenters fucking armpits being mint

What the fuck is this world coming to?

These are university graduates talking total bobbins like a pair of fucking 10yr olds  :butt :butt :butt
And after all the inane chat ,after every song it’s ,”make me  a winner ,your chance to win xxx thousand pounds ,just text and we’ll charge you a fortune for next to no chance of winning a thousand pounds,good luck …suckers “

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #43402 on: March 28, 2024, 10:17:40 pm »
Thougjt at the moment it comes with a 15 to one shot of trading a few thousand for a million. Iike those odds.
Can those in the pot agree to split the winnings?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #43403 on: March 28, 2024, 10:37:02 pm »
Thougjt at the moment it comes with a 15 to one shot of trading a few thousand for a million. Iike those odds.
Can those in the pot agree to split the winnings?
You answer some easy question or something then you win a few grand guaranteed or you can opt to go in the million pound draw instead with a chance to win a million.
I’d just pocket the guaranteed sum ,walk away with something.
Depends on the type of gambler you are I suppose.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43404 on: March 28, 2024, 10:49:19 pm »
You answer some easy question or something then you win a few grand guaranteed or you can opt to go in the million pound draw instead with a chance to win a million.
I’d just pocket the guaranteed sum ,walk away with something.
Depends on the type of gambler you are I suppose.
At the moment I'd def go for the million. A few grand would be nice. A million and I give up work.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #43405 on: March 29, 2024, 04:18:19 pm »
I have long legs, a big stride and walk quickly. When I walk with people, I often have to slow myself down to their stride. Sometimes, they think I'm slowing down so start to slow down themselves and we end up practically stopping. It's annoying.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43406 on: March 29, 2024, 04:43:39 pm »
Also the proliferation of nonsense pages on Facebook just to try and get some 'suggested for you' exposure. Half of them are Harry fucking Potter.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43407 on: March 29, 2024, 05:23:05 pm »
Also the proliferation of nonsense pages on Facebook just to try and get some 'suggested for you' exposure. Half of them are Harry fucking Potter.
he's a bastard, him.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43408 on: March 29, 2024, 05:56:40 pm »
Really? Prince Harry is fucking graham Potter?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43409 on: March 31, 2024, 10:09:33 am »
Ignorant pissed up women acting the c*nt in town last night :no
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #43410 on: March 31, 2024, 11:03:32 am »
Fodens mam out on the lash again was she ?

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #43411 on: March 31, 2024, 11:06:55 am »
Always someone who don't know when to stop.

Last night started with a sore throat and today totally lost my voice but other than that feel fine. No idea how I am going to sing at the match later as it's barely a fucking whisper.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43412 on: March 31, 2024, 12:32:00 pm »
every tv in the universe is against (or attached to*) a wall.

so why do tv manufacturers make it almost impossible to even see where the ports are eg HDMI when you want to add/change something? 

the back panels are always black - I get that - but why TF is the labelling of connections also in black?  you can't even see where the connections are, never mind what they are. use white lettering FGS.

* easier to get at of course.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43413 on: March 31, 2024, 12:33:54 pm »
Fodens mam out on the lash again was she ?

I knew I recognised her ;D

Always someone who don't know when to stop.

Last night started with a sore throat and today totally lost my voice but other than that feel fine. No idea how I am going to sing at the match later as it's barely a fucking whisper.

We were at one of the bars in Mathew Street (blame the missus and her mate for that  ::)  ) and these pissed up over 50's women come in, me and my mate are watching the end of the Bayern v Dortmund game stood at the end of the bar, two of them get to the bar and this fucking poison dwarf with them tells my mate to move, no please, no can I just get in and then fucking barges into him 3 times trying to shove him out of the way and then her stupid mates start gobbing off, pissed my mate right off. You can't hit women, which is why they act like that but if she'd done that to a woman she'd have got ribboned.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43414 on: March 31, 2024, 12:36:05 pm »
Why does the over 50s bit matter?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43415 on: March 31, 2024, 12:37:04 pm »
I think it's called "colour commentary". :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43416 on: March 31, 2024, 12:44:27 pm »

Because it describes them and you'd think by the time you got to your 6th decade you'd have learned to fucking behave on nights out. I've noticed that women over 50 go out as groups, get fucking leatehred like 17 yr olds and act like twats or just annoy everyone. Missus has a mate who by 8pm can barely stand she's that pissed and just either sings her head off or slurs shite at random strangers, then falls over and has to be poured into a taxi.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43417 on: March 31, 2024, 12:47:49 pm »
Because it describes them and you'd think by the time you got to your 6th decade you'd have learned to fucking behave on nights out. I've noticed that women over 50 go out as groups, get fucking leatehred like 17 yr olds and act like twats or just annoy everyone. Missus has a mate who by 8pm can barely stand she's that pissed and just either sings her head off or slurs shite at random strangers, then falls over and has to be poured into a taxi.
aka in some circles "living her best life".  :)

jokes aside, that's bloody pathetic isn't it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43418 on: March 31, 2024, 01:03:43 pm »
aka in some circles "living her best life".  :)

jokes aside, that's bloody pathetic isn't it.

It is. Of all the people I know in my age group, the men are in the main sensible with alcohol and the majority of the women are "get as twatted as possible".
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43419 on: March 31, 2024, 01:31:41 pm »
It is. Of all the people I know in my age group, the men are in the main sensible with alcohol and the majority of the women are "get as twatted as possible".

I'm going to suggest that because as parents men have continued through their 30s and 40s doing that , and women 'abstained' for a couple of decades.
Don't know why I am being so prickly about it today.  I see now it was a bit of an arsey question. Sorry.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43420 on: March 31, 2024, 01:35:43 pm »
I'm going to suggest that because as parents men have continued through their 30s and 40s doing that , and women 'abstained' for a couple of decades.
Don't know why I am being so prickly about it today.  I see now it was a bit of an arsey question. Sorry.

Did the Easter Bunny not leave you any eggs? ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #43421 on: March 31, 2024, 01:46:50 pm »
I’ll agree with that .men behave like dickheads from teens to mid. 40s then slow down ,women have that break bringing up kids etc then by late 40s are getting their lives back and regress back and of course behave like twats ,especially in the pack mentality.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43422 on: April 1, 2024, 07:30:01 am »
First chance for a lie in for months and soft bollocks here forgot to turn the alarm off on me phone :no

Proper April Fool :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #43423 on: April 2, 2024, 09:42:14 am »
Meeting scheduled for 8:30am this morning (this went in my diary after I logged off on Thursday evening).

Yeah, decline.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43424 on: April 2, 2024, 10:17:33 am »
Youngest lad has been off school due to having a minor op, he's back in today. The annoyance is that the eldest finished for Easter on the 22nd, the youngests school, for some odd reason, are doing all their holidays different to every other school in the borough, so he's in for 4 days and then off for a fortnight, so thats at least one child at home for a month and they're getting in my way/disturbing me and I'm mental busy now for the next 12 months :butt

We're OK as I WFH, but imagine parents who don't and who have an 11 yr old in senior school and then a younger kid in primary? You've gotta sort childcare for a month, fucking idiot school. It also means that if you go away during the hols, one of your kids is missing a week of school - youngest had to miss a week as we went to Tenerife in Feb hols.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43425 on: April 2, 2024, 10:49:03 am »
Was meant to be on holiday this week. Said I’d work today because I didn’t get everything finished on Friday I needed to. Now the thing I was working on last week has more urgent stuff needed that I have to jump on, so still can’t get round to the stuff I’d put off.

Idiots at a more senior level making decisions that impact on other people, basically.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43426 on: April 2, 2024, 11:31:54 am »
People who write "...*checks notes*..." when being smarmy online.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43427 on: April 2, 2024, 11:35:22 am »
I hate how hard it's getting to google simple information like whether the next season of a TV show or a movie has a release date. The top results are always links to garbage websites that try to force you through an ad-laden article (I assume anyway, I use adblock) before finally giving any actual information at the bottom. The actual information is often "we don't know" too, so you end up scanning down multiple articles just to make sure the first one you read wasn't out of date.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43428 on: April 2, 2024, 11:38:07 am »
People who write "...*checks notes*..." when being smarmy online.

Similar to this, people who write "Oh you sweet summer child" in a patronising manner.

I don't mind *checks notes* when used sparingly but it's far too common now.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43429 on: April 2, 2024, 11:40:39 am »
I hate how hard it's getting to google simple information like whether the next season of a TV show or a movie has a release date. The top results are always links to garbage websites that try to force you through an ad-laden article (I assume anyway, I use adblock) before finally giving any actual information at the bottom. The actual information is often "we don't know" too, so you end up scanning down multiple articles just to make sure the first one you read wasn't out of date.

the 'people also ask' panel can be useful with things like this, once you expand them it'll often add more as well and you don't have to leave the results page to see the content so you can get the gist.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43430 on: April 2, 2024, 11:49:05 am »
the 'people also ask' panel can be useful with things like this, once you expand them it'll often add more as well and you don't have to leave the results page to see the content so you can get the gist.

Yeah that's usually my first port of call but I think that still relies on a site somewhere having the relevant information at the top of the article and the algorithm finding that site.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #43431 on: April 3, 2024, 09:35:19 am »
Amazon! A million times over, Amazon.

This time they are saying I have a copyright violation on my items becuase I use the word Whitby in the title and description :/

Anyone fancy burning the whole company to the ground with me?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43432 on: April 3, 2024, 12:40:12 pm »
Amazon! A million times over, Amazon.

This time they are saying I have a copyright violation on my items becuase I use the word Whitby in the title and description :/

Anyone fancy burning the whole company to the ground with me?
is "Whitby" a trade name somewhere, so they could be open to being sued for trademark violation?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #43433 on: April 3, 2024, 12:52:03 pm »
is "Whitby" a trade name somewhere, so they could be open to being sued for trademark violation?

But it's a place name, the product is specifically from Whitby, so how can they claim copyright violation?

I see what you mean though, but if I sold sand that came from Whitby, it's just Whitby sand isn't it?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43434 on: April 3, 2024, 12:52:47 pm »

You can't trademark geographical names such as towns. Otherwise, businesses such as Whitby Plumbers/[insert other generic service], et al, would be in violation too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43435 on: April 3, 2024, 12:54:13 pm »
You can't trademark geographical names such as towns. Otherwise, businesses such as Whitby Plumbers/[insert other generic service], et al, would be in violation too.
how about a person named Whitby naming his / her company that way?

btw I know eff-all about this!!  :)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #43436 on: April 3, 2024, 01:22:03 pm »
The talk of hosepipe bans this summer.  :butt

They can just do one. We've been drowning in the stuff since last autumn, yet they're saying we haven't saved enough to rule out hosepipe bans this summer.

:evil
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43437 on: April 3, 2024, 02:14:17 pm »

Nope, but you can trademark events with the town name, as Scarborough Council found out. Whitby Goth Festival is a trademarked name under class 41 services and is owned by Jo Hampshire of Top Mum Promotions (not exactly a Goth name that is it ;D ) They objected to it and lost the case.

I wonder if Amazons shitty devs just search the trademark register, got a hit on Whitby Goth Festival and then knocked him back?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43438 on: April 3, 2024, 02:15:58 pm »
The talk of hosepipe bans this summer.  :butt

They can just do one. We've been drowning in the stuff since last autumn, yet they're saying we haven't saved enough to rule out hosepipe bans this summer.

:evil

The reservoirs, even when full, only hold a finite amount, the rest all just went back to the sea. Of course, if the c*nts fixed the fucking leaks and created more storage, instead of paying money to shareholders and wasting money then there'd be no issues......
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #43439 on: April 3, 2024, 02:20:40 pm »
The reservoirs, even when full, only hold a finite amount, the rest all just went back to the sea. Of course, if the c*nts fixed the fucking leaks and created more storage, instead of paying money to shareholders and wasting money then there'd be no issues......
Eggsakerly.  :thumbup
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.