Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 63192 times)

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #40 on: September 5, 2023, 02:36:46 pm »
To me it's the equivalent of Marcus Rashford deciding to become a Tory MP -  any footballer who did the same would be hated but when you put yourself forward as a moral person and then join something that is the opposite of that, you deserve all the ire and righteous indignation that follows.

Henderson is the worst of the bunch, the rest it hurts but at least they never attempted to make capital out of being a good person.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #41 on: September 5, 2023, 02:37:12 pm »
The i, I love sarcasm

So we are to believe that he wanted to grow the game across the world but chose to stay in England until a vast financial offer came from Saudi Arabia at the age of 33? Well wasn’t that an absolute stroke of good fortune.

No. No, no, no. And this is where it gets serious, Jordan. You get to make your own choices (and be criticised for them). You get to take the money or “grow the game” or whatever. But you do not get to equate the two options you are now presenting as equals.

Henderson sells himself as some inside man, a sleeper agent for forcing socio-political change – that’s just garbage

his latest tweet – “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the hospitality of the hosts, the enthusiasm of the fans, the exciting league and the irreplaceable sense of victory” – was all from the heart. Makes you feel all warm inside.

I’m not sure if Henderson is down the rabbit hole or just nonsensically blind to assessing the strength of evidence.

The most angering element of this interview is that Henderson presents the order of events as him choosing to move and then suddenly an unexpected torrent of criticism hits him like a wave.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 5, 2023, 02:49:02 pm »
It's a pity this fraud didn't pull this shit before Jürgen arrived, we would have at the very least another two champions leagues and a couple of league titles.

He always was a bang average player, I have no memory of him giving 100% in a game. I can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Thats as a big a pile of shite than Jordans interview.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 5, 2023, 02:49:58 pm »

I always said that there would be a problem within the equalities agenda when religion and sexuality clashed, which one wins depends upon the status of religion within any society. In England, religion now has it's place whereas it sat at the top table for centuries. In many countries it still occupies the top table so equality cannot exist when those who have a belief in inequality are determining how society operates.
With all due respect, that's irrelevant. Henderson made himself a public ally of LGBTQ+ human rights. He hasn't suddenly found religion after moving to Saudi and is persuaded of its primacy. He's simply found a fat pay cheque.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #44 on: September 5, 2023, 02:58:09 pm »
He was ok to offend those same people while wearing the armband for Liverpool. Plenty of people in the UK with the same religious views as those in Saudi. Respect has nothing to do with it, it's just pure greed.

Of course greed underpins everything in this case. But even more shaming is - in his own words - the "respect" he feels it is necessary to pay a powerful and bigoted vested interest.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 5, 2023, 03:01:08 pm »
Thats as a big a pile of shite than Jordans interview.

The 100% comment for sure, but I get what the poster is saying regarding Henderson's technical ability. However, his energy during his prime years probably made up for it with the way Klopp designed that system to maximize player's strengths.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 5, 2023, 03:01:16 pm »
To me it's the equivalent of Marcus Rashford deciding to become a Tory MP -  any footballer who did the same would be hated but when you put yourself forward as a moral person and then join something that is the opposite of that, you deserve all the ire and righteous indignation that follows.

Henderson is the worst of the bunch, the rest it hurts but at least they never attempted to make capital out of being a good person.

The Rashford comparison is fair enough, but worst of thre worst, no where near.

Give me Hendo the hypocrite over Nantes' Mostafa Mohamed or Toulouse' Zakaria Aboukhla any day
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #47 on: September 5, 2023, 03:04:57 pm »
Another thing, as an aside to the interview, but the other day, before he joined up with the England squad, he tweeted:

المملكة العربية السعودية، كرم الاستضافة، وحماس الجماهير، الدوري الممتع وإحساس الفوز الذي لا يعوض.

🟢🔴 القادم أفضل

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Great win, looking forward to meeting up with the lads now

https://twitter.com/JHenderson/status/1698100348802433421?s=20

I’m sure many would have looked at that and though, well his ‘people’ are just tweeting out the same message in English and Arabic. But nope, the Arabic message actually reads:

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the hospitality of the hosts, the enthusiasm of the fans, the exciting league and the irreplaceable sense of victory.

Next is better. 🟢🔴

There he is, Jordan Henderson, happily using his social media to sportswash!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 5, 2023, 03:06:24 pm »
Got to give Crafton and Ornstein credit here. They made him comfortable enough to accept and engage in the interview, and they gave him questions which very gently pushed back on his narrative and with that managed to get him to give some more off the cuff reactions (in which he's absolutely nailed himself as a bit simple as well as equal parts arrogant and naive that his previous PR successes would easily be repeated this time).

They've produced great 'content' with this - when a smarter player less insecurely obsessed with their 'brand' would have known to keep their gob shut (or be honest, without spinning a made up yarn)

Another thing, as an aside to the interview, but the other day, before he joined up with the England squad, he tweeted:

المملكة العربية السعودية، كرم الاستضافة، وحماس الجماهير، الدوري الممتع وإحساس الفوز الذي لا يعوض.

القادم أفضل

Great win, looking forward to meeting up with the lads now

I’m sure many would have looked at that and though, well his ‘people’ are just tweeting out the same message in English and Arabic. But nope, the Arabic message actually reads:

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the hospitality of the hosts, the enthusiasm of the fans, the exciting league and the irreplaceable sense of victory.

Next is better.

Hahahha that's amazing. He's such a joker, entirely deserving of all the ridicule he's invited on himself. Can add "very comfortable liar", to all the other descriptions of him going round
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 03:08:15 pm by classycarra »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 5, 2023, 03:09:28 pm »

They've produced great 'content' with this - when a smarter player less insecurely obsessed with their 'brand' would have known to keep their gob shut (or be honest, without spinning a made up yarn)
Hahahha that's amazing. He's such a joker, entirely deserving of all the ridicule he's invited on himself. Can add "very comfortable liar", to all the other descriptions of him going round

100%. It was also a masterstroke to just put the article out as a transcript. His own words, his own stupid feckless words, damn him more than any editing might be able to.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #50 on: September 5, 2023, 03:13:56 pm »
What gets me as well is trying to throw Klopp under the bus. I think it serves Klopp well because he's derided for being too loyal to players if anything.

Klopp went to bat for him massively when he was being a prick, via the media, over a new contract which he didn't need (2 years to run).

The extension to that contract hadn't even started and he wanted out the minute he was offered a bigger deal. And the club are supposed to beg him to stay at 33, when he's just had a really shit season (but saved his best performances and main motivation for the World Cup in the middle of it).

Klopp getting him that contract he demanded was rumoured to have led to a big disagreement with Edwards who thought it was foolish. Klopp was right not to fall into the trap second time.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 5, 2023, 03:15:40 pm »
The Rashford comparison is fair enough, but worst of thre worst, no where near.

Give me Hendo the hypocrite over Nantes' Mostafa Mohamed or Toulouse' Zakaria Aboukhla any day

Was referring to worst of 'our bunch' but I appreciate there are shades of twattery to this whole thing.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #52 on: September 5, 2023, 03:21:57 pm »
Jordan nailed his colours to the mast. He knelt for equality, he wore rainbow adornments and he said all of the right things.
He can't then ply his trade in Saudi Arabia and not expect to get flak and be correctly called a hypocrite.
It makes me wonder how sincere any of them are, because most want to air their virtue to the public, yet they all seem to have a price.
The only person I can say with 100% certainty, would never take the Saudi shilling is Klopp.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #53 on: September 5, 2023, 03:26:58 pm »
He should have kept his mouth shut, nothing he said will have changed anyone's opinion of him. If anything it cements that he really is just in it for the money, and his promotion of Saudi is indicative of it. Jordan of Arabia is just another immoral shill and I support Kop Outs condemnation of him.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 5, 2023, 03:28:26 pm »
I see the usual right-on motormouths are keeping their mouths shut for once (Neville/Lineker etc). Carragher quiet.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #55 on: September 5, 2023, 03:31:12 pm »
When asked if he would still wear his rainbow laces, Henderson said: “I wouldn’t rule that out. But at the same time, what I wouldn’t do is disrespect the religion and culture in Saudi Arabia. By doing something like that, if that did disrespect the religion, then no, I’m not going to do that. But if the opportunity comes where I can do it and it doesn’t, then yeah, because that’s my values.

Hmm. Is it though
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #56 on: September 5, 2023, 03:31:19 pm »
Can I just comment on a post in the other locked thread from PatriotScouser I quote part of here...

Because I'm on the same wavelength as KH in the respect that I don't hold up any sports person as moralistic bastion of principle...

It's something that's said by a fair few people and not just by PS.

Thing is, apart from maybe some misguided kids who are yet to understand what the world's all about, I don't think anyone really does hold any sports person up as a bastion of moral principle.

In this case, it was Jordan Henderson himself who did that. All a lot of people did was take him at his word because he said that he meant what he said. He wasn't put on a pedestal by anyone.

And just for the record, if Salah goes there at some point too, I'll lose all respect for him as a man as well. Same as with Gerrard, Bobby, etc... They gave us some great memories on the field, and those memories will remain cherished by me, but our outlooks on life and what's important are clearly very different.

I could square Henderson's current words and actions in my mind if he was honest. Thing is, he can't even own his decision to go there. He's squirming around like a maggot on a hook, feeling sorry for himself and shifting responsibility onto the manager and LFC.

He could have done far more for the game here in this country if he wanted, but he chose to abandon all his previously stated principles and retired to a joke league in the football wilderness because of money and money alone.

He is getting more stick than the other mercenaries because he placed himself on the pedestal and encouraged us all to believe he actually meant it. Until time came for him to actually walk the walk rather than just talk the talk, a lot of people really did believe him too. Hence their disappointment now. What makes it worse is he hasn't even got the backbone to own his own hypocrisy and greed.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 5, 2023, 03:33:37 pm »
Was referring to worst of 'our bunch' but I appreciate there are shades of twattery to this whole thing.

Fair enough.  The two quite obscure footballers I mentioned would be a very at home in a place like Saudi, more so than France

great username btw.

Edit - moor perhaps, but Id add Dejan Lovren to that list
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 03:37:37 pm by Kenny's Jacket »

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #58 on: September 5, 2023, 03:33:46 pm »
Here’s one hendo if you didn’t feel welcome here, how about you went and helped your boyhood club get back in the premier league. Think there’s 700,000 reasons why he went to Saudi instead the gobshite. The fact he’s trying to blame klopp and the club for this is fucking hilarious.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #59 on: September 5, 2023, 03:35:06 pm »
100%. It was also a masterstroke to just put the article out as a transcript. His own words, his own stupid feckless words, damn him more than any editing might be able to.
This is it. He hung himself with his own words.

No agenda, no spin, no clever editing necessary. He did it to himself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 5, 2023, 03:36:17 pm »

🟢🔴 القادم أفضل

Next is better. 🟢🔴

Bet the daft twat has no idea what it says - quick copy and paste on google translate is all you need.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 5, 2023, 03:40:10 pm »
Bet the daft twat has no idea what it says - quick copy and paste on google translate is all you need.

He wont, players of his ilk dont manage their own social media accounts. Not that h'ed do anything if he did know

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 5, 2023, 03:41:01 pm »
He's gone full tosser.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 5, 2023, 03:43:05 pm »
The fact he tries to blame Klopp for him going there is the sickner for me. Without Klopp he wouldn't have won the CL, the league, fa cup or league cup let alone be the captain that lifted those trophies. Take your money and england caps and shove them up your arse.

It's absolutely disgusting. We all know that Jurgen's one weakness as a manager is that he can be too loyal to his players. For Henderson to try and imply Klopp somehow forced him out is sickening.

If you're not 100% committed to the LFC cause you're out, plain and simple. The moment the money signs popped onto Henderson's eyes, Jurgen would have seen no point in trying to keep him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #64 on: September 5, 2023, 03:43:45 pm »
SORRY NOT SORRY

What a car crash interview. I’d be happy never hearing another word from him again. Or Gerrard.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 03:48:34 pm by meady1981 »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #65 on: September 5, 2023, 03:48:31 pm »
What gets me as well is trying to throw Klopp under the bus. I think it serves Klopp well because he's derided for being too loyal to players if anything.

Klopp went to bat for him massively when he was being a prick, via the media, over a new contract which he didn't need (2 years to run).

The extension to that contract hadn't even started and he wanted out the minute he was offered a bigger deal. And the club are supposed to beg him to stay at 33, when he's just had a really shit season (but saved his best performances and main motivation for the World Cup in the middle of it).

Klopp getting him that contract he demanded was rumoured to have led to a big disagreement with Edwards who thought it was foolish. Klopp was right not to fall into the trap second time.
It's a funny irony that Edwards was mostly right, Henderson's quality plunged and he was not worth the wages.
However, Klopp's loyalty meant that the club could get 20M for Henderson - otherwise he would have left on a free now.
So, Klopp's loyalty didnt pay off on the pitch but certainly financially.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 5, 2023, 03:49:31 pm »
Big mistake trying to rationalize all this, he should have just gone with "yeah I know I'm a bellend but I'm getting to the end of my career and it's a fuckload of money". It would have blown over much quicker and people would respect the honesty more. It's the same mistake Tiger Woods made when he had all them affairs.. they want to protect their image but they end up defending an incoherent position. Better just to own it. Anyway I still love him for all he did with us, it's not his fault he's daft.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #67 on: September 5, 2023, 03:53:14 pm »
No time for him to be honest. The contract renewal drama in 2021, his at times arrogant performances last season, the move to Saudi, and now this. Just admit you went for the money.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #68 on: September 5, 2023, 03:56:54 pm »
As I posted in the other thread, I’m genuinely knocked sick by this quote. Above and beyond, yeno.

This fucking c*nt truly thinks wearing laces and an armband constitutes going “above and beyond”. Are you MESSING.

I’m almost 33 (bisexual and a woman, which I guess is relevant to the subject matter) so I’ve been too old to idolise footballers for a long time now. Even so, I’ve never been more disillusioned with the state of this sport and the people within it than I am these days.

I'm in the same boat except several years older. And honestly, I'm just tired. Tired of explaining why this hurts the LGBTQ+ community, tired of having to justify why we feel this way and tired to death of defending myself against accusations that we're all just jealous and we'd totally do the same if we got an offer from the Saudis. Because yeah, a payrise (even of millions) means so much when you're being killed for not being straight. Ugh.

As for the Hendo interview ... I can't be arsed to even read it. I, too, am long past getting upset over players sacking us off at the last minute. I think the last time that happened, even mildly, was Torres. And that was forever ago.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 03:58:45 pm by Elliemental »

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 5, 2023, 03:57:02 pm »
I'm stuggling with this.

I was always a fan of Henderson, he always seems like a good egg in so many ways.

During and shortly after the move I tried to convince myself it was all a misunderstanding and even still now part of me hopes it's not as it seems.

But, that interview is horrible. He's clearly blinkered by the money on offer. Many people would be, but trying to spin it to pretend it isn't is pretty low.

His legacy is clearly tarnished and over time I suspect I'll come round to the idea that his 'good guy' image was a bit of an act.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: September 5, 2023, 03:57:09 pm »
It's absolutely disgusting. We all know that Jurgen's one weakness as a manager is that he can be too loyal to his players. For Henderson to try and imply Klopp somehow forced him out is sickening.

If you're not 100% committed to the LFC cause you're out, plain and simple. The moment the money signs popped onto Henderson's eyes, Jurgen would have seen no point in trying to keep him.

Which is the reality of it. Same with Fabinho (and Salah for that matter if he told Jurgen he wanted out).

Jurgen went to bat for him when he wanted a contract, why should he when he wants to go to retirement league for more money? He needs a committed squad, he needs a fully commited captain.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 5, 2023, 03:58:15 pm »
With all due respect, that's irrelevant. Henderson made himself a public ally of LGBTQ+ human rights. He hasn't suddenly found religion after moving to Saudi and is persuaded of its primacy. He's simply found a fat pay cheque.

He's not found religion but he uses that religious perspective as his excuse to keep quiet and accept the sock in his mouth

"But at the same time, what I wouldn’t do is disrespect the religion and culture in Saudi Arabia. If we’re all saying everybody can be who they want to be and everybody is inclusive, then we’ll have to respect that. We’ll have to respect everyone. And by doing something like that, if that did disrespect the religion, then no, I’m not going to do that. But if the opportunity comes where I can do it and it doesn’t, then yeah, because that’s my values."
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 5, 2023, 04:02:08 pm »
SORRY NOT SORRY

What a car crash interview. I’d be happy never hearing another word from him again. Or Gerrard.
spot on.

you just know though, as soon as he senses an advantage in trying to cosy up to the club because it'll help his brand - in under 3 years, whenever saudis get bored of him lofting the ball aimlessly in a panic when he nears the opposition penalty area - it's nigh on guaranteed he'll be trying to organise playing in a charity match alongside some PR puff pieces (even more softball than this, if he's capable of learning his lesson from this hilarious failure)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 5, 2023, 04:02:43 pm »

🟢🔴 القادم أفضل

Next is better. 🟢🔴

To be fair, he won't have a clue what shite they are posting next to his english (and its probably in his contract) but I doubt he cares really.

Wait until they add 'death to the gays' next to his tweet
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 5, 2023, 04:02:59 pm »
It's a funny irony that Edwards was mostly right, Henderson's quality plunged and he was not worth the wages.
However, Klopp's loyalty meant that the club could get 20M for Henderson - otherwise he would have left on a free now.
So, Klopp's loyalty didnt pay off on the pitch but certainly financially.

Yeah which was funny really. He got the contract summer 2021 when he was recovering from the groin surgery and he hasn't been half as effective since, almost as if he knew it was last chance for a big deal. Obviously Edwards (and Henderson) couldn't have foresaw Saudi Arabia. But for that we'd have another 2 years of him raking in 150k a week (don't know what he was on exactly) to sit on the bench and maybe play the Europa League games, while he saved his legs for the Euros. You'd hope his leadership would be worthwhile but it didn't do much for us last season once his game had gone to shit, it was all a bit last season Gerrard.

I was happy to see Henderson go in the summer because we got rid of a bad contract and got an 8 figure fee as well, for a player who didn't perform at all last season and his key focus was the World Cup (and would have been the Euros this season). Therefore, I didn't really give a shit, but that interview is a disgrace.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 5, 2023, 04:06:58 pm »
Past,

Keegan, Souness, Owen, Torres, Suarez, Henderson...............+trophy cabinet

Present

Nunez, Alexander Arnold, Van Dijk, Jurgen........10 points from 12

Future

Doak, Jones, Quansah......

I am only interested in the red bits

I just think Jordan is a bit thick really (and very greedy)
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 04:09:16 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #76 on: September 5, 2023, 04:11:08 pm »
I'm stuggling with this.

I was always a fan of Henderson, he always seems like a good egg in so many ways.

During and shortly after the move I tried to convince myself it was all a misunderstanding and even still now part of me hopes it's not as it seems.

But, that interview is horrible. He's clearly blinkered by the money on offer. Many people would be, but trying to spin it to pretend it isn't is pretty low.

His legacy is clearly tarnished and over time I suspect I'll come round to the idea that his 'good guy' image was a bit of an act.
Perfectly. This was me before I realized how he conned us. I feel he really did con us. He was never the man he portrayed. It suited him while things were going for him, but you can't build a house on lies. It's all being exposed.

I don't even want to talk about him anymore. I'm gone. Done with Henderson!
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 04:14:31 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 5, 2023, 04:13:56 pm »

He's not found religion but he uses that religious perspective as his excuse to keep quiet and accept the sock in his mouth

"But at the same time, what I wouldn’t do is disrespect the religion and culture in Saudi Arabia. If we’re all saying everybody can be who they want to be and everybody is inclusive, then we’ll have to respect that. We’ll have to respect everyone. And by doing something like that, if that did disrespect the religion, then no, I’m not going to do that. But if the opportunity comes where I can do it and it doesn’t, then yeah, because that’s my values."

He may have his values and he may have loved playing for Lfc even if i now suspect it was mostly because of the prestige and wealth it brought him personally and his team England place of course.

But his actions lately tell us his values are at about #100 in his priorities slightly ahead of his entire career and captaincy with us whilst #1-#99 are taken by money for Jordan Henderson.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 5, 2023, 04:19:53 pm »
I'm stuggling with this.

His best strategy would have just been to keep his mouth shut and then when more and more players go to Saudi he's just one other player who went there, by the time of his retirement, although his hypocrisy would be remembered by many.

Drawing masses more attention to it - in a slow news week - is insane.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 5, 2023, 04:26:31 pm »
Southgate is just as bad defending the Saudis.