Author Topic: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price  (Read 358033 times)

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price
« Reply #1160 on: May 11, 2011, 12:47:32 pm »
Think Juve are still in with a massive shout of getting him mate to be honest as they clearly want the player. Thing here is that they haven't stated they can't afford just that they don't think he is worth the agreed fee.

Juve seem highly confident they will get their man at some point this summer.

The thing is, from a negotiating point of view, in some ways it makes more sense to say "he's not worth that much" than "we can't afford it".

Just look at what you say yourself. You say that if Juve won't pay the amount, no one else will either. Maybe that's the effect Juve are trying to create? To force Liverpool into accepting a lower offer by making them think they wouldn't be able to get anymore than what Juve are offering. 
In reality, Juve might think he's worth more than they are offering, but if they think Liverpool will accept a lower offer, it makes sense to try and save money.

Thanks to the ridiculous way the deal was set up, all the negotiating power is in Juventus' hands. They have the freedom to try and get the fee reduced, because they know that no matter what, Liverpool can't just walk away. That agreed fee is still there to fall back on. They haven't got anything to lose.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: May 11, 2011, 12:49:20 pm »
Gerrard, Meireles, Lucas, Aquilani, Spearing and Shelvey. Enough ain't it? 4 quality players with 2 young guns.  ;D
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1163 on: May 11, 2011, 12:49:27 pm »
Should be no negotiating, pay us the agreed amount or get lost.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1164 on: May 11, 2011, 12:55:27 pm »
Another Italian club will come in for him, i've no doubt about that.

Roma or Inter i reckon. As much as i like Aquilani, i think it's extremely unlikely he'll be here next season.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline rastaferio

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1165 on: May 11, 2011, 12:58:24 pm »
No your not spot on though - Far from it.

Lets us Barry for example - We bid 12m then 15m + 15m plus a RB, then 16.5m - Deal not done as Villa wanted 18m.

Aquilani - Loan deal agreement -16m euro.

They is no bidding to be done with the Aquilani deal. It is totally different to the normal bidding process.

As for the finiancial point - Again as I have pointed out Juve haven't stated they can't afford him - They have said they want to reduce the fee - Again massive difference.

You can guess and say they're in finiancial trouble all you want but when it comes to this deal Juve are not saying they're struggling for cash. They're saying they don't believe he is worth 16m euro.

This. There have been numerous reports that Juventus will get a cash injection of 100m in the summer. Some of it will be used to pay down the debt, and the rest + player sales on transfers. They can certainly afford Aquilani, but thats not the point. They simply don't believe he is worth 16m.

He has the ability to be great, however, he goes missing and gives away possession often. Some of the responsibility can be placed on the incompetence of Gigi Del Neri and his awful tactics, in combination with the lack of team discipline.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:07:09 pm by rastaferio »

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: May 11, 2011, 01:01:33 pm »
This. There have been numerous reports that Juventus will get a cash injection of 100m in the summer. Some of it will be used to pay down the debt, and the rest + player sales on transfers. They can certainly afford Aquilani, but thats not the point. They simply don't believe he is worth 16m.

Think it's a bit of both to be honest.   It like saying you have a budget of 20 million Euro, and you're looking for a midfielder, winger and a striker (I don't know what Juve are looking for though, just an example).  They could  spend 16 of that 20 mill on a midfielder but that would leave not much for the other positions.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1167 on: May 11, 2011, 01:04:14 pm »
We don't want it disrupted.

well then you can shove yer charlie adam up your ass, in that case

« Reply #1168 on: May 11, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »
Maybe I am talking out of my arse but the way I see is if somebody puts a price on something nearly a year ago and the known buyer refuses to buy at that price they isn't going to be many that want to buy it at the agreed price set a year ago unless they feel the value has increased and they will be getting more for their money.

This is one of the reasons Purlsow fucked up in this deal in my eyes.  It would of been best saying you have 1st pick once a fee has been agreed. Now the fee on AA will only go one way and that's down.
Now your not making any sense

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #1169 on: May 11, 2011, 01:11:21 pm »
The thing is, from a negotiating point of view, in some ways it makes more sense to say "he's not worth that much" than "we can't afford it".

Just look at what you say yourself. You say that if Juve won't pay the amount, no one else will either. Maybe that's the effect Juve are trying to create? To force Liverpool into accepting a lower offer by making them think they wouldn't be able to get anymore than what Juve are offering. 
In reality, Juve might think he's worth more than they are offering, but if they think Liverpool will accept a lower offer, it makes sense to try and save money.

Thanks to the ridiculous way the deal was set up, all the negotiating power is in Juventus' hands. They have the freedom to try and get the fee reduced, because they know that no matter what, Liverpool can't just walk away. That agreed fee is still there to fall back on. They haven't got anything to lose.

But the deal was set up by the Fernando Torres of Finance, Purslow the Cvnt!! :'(

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1170 on: May 11, 2011, 01:12:50 pm »
Another Italian club will come in for him, i've no doubt about that.

Since you have no doubt about that, are you willing to put in a £100 bet on it ?
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: May 11, 2011, 01:14:25 pm »
Since you have no doubt about that, are you willing to put in a £100 bet on it ?

Trying to hedge Mac? :lmao

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: May 11, 2011, 01:14:46 pm »
Well, I'd like to see him play for us again so I hope he does.

Online Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1173 on: May 11, 2011, 01:15:19 pm »
I'm not an idiot.  :)

Some may disagree of course.  :P
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Online Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1174 on: May 11, 2011, 01:15:55 pm »
Sorry I disagree.

If someone isn't prepared to pay a fee for something doesn't mean they cant afford to buy it.

Nah, that's nonsense mate. What you can afford is how much you are prepared to spend, there's no difference.
You have a budget and you work out what you'll pay for something, that's what you're prepared to spend and that's what you can afford.
If you're prepared to spend more, obviously you can afford more.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #1175 on: May 11, 2011, 01:23:14 pm »
jeremy_LFC Srijandeep Das
Gazzetta Dello Sport report Juventus have ceased talks with #LFC over the permanent transfer of Alberto Aquilani. Quandary.
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Sell Aquilani to Milan or let him come back in? What would you have? #lfc
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Has he been linked with Milan or something? Id like him back to be honest, think he could thrive under the pass and move football Kenny looks to play.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #1176 on: May 11, 2011, 01:30:06 pm »
Gazzetta Dello Sport report Juventus have ceased talks with #LFC over the permanent transfer of Alberto Aquilani. Quandary.
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Sell Aquilani to Milan or let him come back in? What would you have? #lfc
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Has he been linked with Milan or something? Id like him back to be honest, think he could thrive under the pass and move football Kenny looks to play.

Don't know but I reckon if Pirlo leaves to Juventus, Aquilani would be a good buy for Milan. Could play that role much better than Pirlo has in the last year or so.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: May 11, 2011, 01:40:04 pm »

:lmao

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1178 on: May 11, 2011, 01:58:48 pm »
Trying to hedge Mac? :lmao

Nah, Fordy will cover my losses on the 4th spot bet ... I am trying to make a profit here ...  ;)
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #1179 on: May 11, 2011, 01:59:38 pm »
the way I see is if somebody puts a price on something nearly a year ago and the known buyer refuses to buy at that price they isn't going to be many that want to buy it at the agreed price set a year ago unless they feel the value has increased and they will be getting more for their money.
Fair comment.

Furthermore, if the player wants to stay at Juve, another club wants him, but for more money, he could make it difficult for us.

Juve have already got a great deal, an International, for a year, who had played well, for wages only, uninjured. Maybe they are not that bothered- they have got their value out of him already. Maybe they are just chancing their arm, if other serious interest comes in they can always increase their offer again - if AA really wants to be at Juve. They have nothing to lose, and can only gain.

And if he returns to us, it means that no-one else was prepared to pay the money anyway, and will vindicate their position. Neat eh?
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: May 11, 2011, 02:02:15 pm »
Fair comment.

Furthermore, if the player wants to stay at Juve, another club wants him, but for more money, he could make it difficult for us.

Juve have already got a great deal, an International, for a year, who had played well, for wages only, uninjured. Maybe they are not that bothered- they have got their value out of him already. Maybe they are just chancing their arm, if other serious interest comes in they can always increase their offer again - if AA really wants to be at Juve. They have nothing to lose, and can only gain.

And if he returns to us, it means that no-one else was prepared to pay the money anyway, and will vindicate their position. Neat eh?

...plus he'll be retiring in around  8 years time and he will be worth nothing! nothing i tell ya!  :no

sorry.... ;D

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: May 11, 2011, 02:03:15 pm »
Sorry I disagree. If someone isn't prepared to pay a fee for something doesn't mean they cant afford to buy it.

Nah, that's nonsense mate. What you can afford is how much you are prepared to spend, there's no difference.
You have a budget and you work out what you'll pay for something, that's what you're prepared to spend and that's what you can afford.
If you're prepared to spend more, obviously you can afford more.
Nessy, you have an interesting definition of nonsense.

Successful businesses stay successful  by  paying less than they can afford to pay.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: May 11, 2011, 02:04:19 pm »
...plus he'll be retiring in around  8 years time and he will be worth nothing! nothing i tell ya!  :no

sorry.... ;D

You beat me to it! ;D

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #1183 on: May 11, 2011, 02:05:26 pm »
Have the feeling he will come back. Juventus will miss it out and Milan will go for Ganso.

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: May 11, 2011, 02:07:18 pm »
Why is this thread going round and roung?

If Juventus meets the option price, he will stay there. We take the money and we sign another player.

If they refuse to pay the option price, then he either returns to Anfield or he is signed by another club.

Online Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1185 on: May 11, 2011, 02:36:50 pm »
Have the feeling he will come back. Juventus will miss it out and Milan will go for Ganso.
Haven't Santos just put a 50 million price tag on Ganso? Obviously clubs do that all the time, and then sell, but it suggests they want to keep him.

When does the Libatadores end? I'd assume they'll want to keep him until that's done.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: May 11, 2011, 02:40:06 pm »
Haven't Santos just put a 50 million price tag on Ganso? Obviously clubs do that all the time, and then sell, but it suggests they want to keep him.

When does the Libatadores end? I'd assume they'll want to keep him until that's done.

He's out of it. He got injured and won't feature on it again. They say he'll be out for 6 weeks. And I think Santos know Ganso will leave this season, no way to keep him.

Some say Pirlo will leave to make room for Ganso, so I don't think Aquilani will be a target, but it's a chance.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:43:54 pm by MKelly34 »

Online Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1187 on: May 11, 2011, 02:47:00 pm »
He's out of it. He got injured and won't feature on it again. They say he'll be out for 6 weeks. And I think Santos know Ganso will leave this season, no way to keep him.

Some say Pirlo will leave to make room for Ganso, so I don't think Aquilani will be a target, but it's a chance.
He was out for 8 months or so wasn't he? Did he come back and get injured again?

Hope he doesn't get a run of injuries, lovely player to watch.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: May 11, 2011, 02:48:45 pm »
He was out for 8 months or so wasn't he? Did he come back and get injured again?

Hope he doesn't get a run of injuries, lovely player to watch.

Yes he was out for a long time, he was just unlucky this time, here's the video of when he gets injured:

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM1504048-7824-GANSO+SENTE+A+COXA+DIREITA+E+PEDE+PARA+SER+SUBSTITUIDO+AOS+DO+TEMPO,00.html

Online Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1189 on: May 11, 2011, 02:55:21 pm »
Yes he was out for a long time, he was just unlucky this time, here's the video of when he gets injured:

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM1504048-7824-GANSO+SENTE+A+COXA+DIREITA+E+PEDE+PARA+SER+SUBSTITUIDO+AOS+DO+TEMPO,00.html
Cheers.

How do you rate the Botafogo striker Jobson? An English journalist that works over in Brazil absolutely raves about him. I think he's had a lot of personal problems though.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: May 11, 2011, 03:02:24 pm »
Cheers.

How do you rate the Botafogo striker Jobson? An English journalist that works over in Brazil absolutely raves about him. I think he's had a lot of personal problems though.

He's highly rated by some over here, but do you believe me that I've never seen him playing? I watch much more european football  :lmao...he also plays for Botafogo (he was loaned recently for another team), we don't get much of their games aired in Sao Paulo.

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1191 on: May 11, 2011, 03:07:11 pm »

Of course there is a difference.  I have 13 million in the bank but Aqua costs 16 mill.  I can't afford it.

Now I have 20 million in the bank, Aqua costs 16million.  I'm not prepared to pay that amount.  I can afford it but choose not to pay it.

Online Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1192 on: May 11, 2011, 03:08:39 pm »
He's highly rated by some over here, but do you believe me that I've never seen him playing? I watch much more european football  :lmao...he also plays for Botafogo (he was loaned recently for another team), we don't get much of their games aired in Sao Paulo.
Atletico Mineiro, no? Who is the highest rated player in Brazil, outside of Neymar, Ganso, Ronaldinho, Fabiano? The obvious ones basically!

Which player do you see all the papers, journalists, and public talking about? I've heard good things about Leandro Damiao. Looks a proper old fashioned number 9.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: May 11, 2011, 03:12:45 pm »
Which player do you see all the papers, journalists, and public talking about? I've heard good things about Leandro Damiao. Looks a proper old fashioned number 9.

Neymar is everywhere, news, tv, everyday! If it's not him, is Ganso or Elano, they just love Santos. There's Lucas Moura too, I think Liverpool was interested in him after that Brazil x Scotland friendly. But I think talks will be about Juninho now, he's back to Vasco (the best free-kick taker ever, in my opinion). Leandro is good, not sure if he's ready to leave Brazil for a better club though.

Offline georgiejones

• Kopite
« Reply #1194 on: May 11, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »
Juventus have agreed to sign purlo on a 3 year deal according to Italian radio.

Online Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1195 on: May 11, 2011, 03:15:44 pm »
Neymar is everywhere, news, tv, everyday! If it's not him, is Ganso or Elano, they just love Santos. There's Lucas Moura too, I think Liverpool was interested in him after that Brazil x Scotland friendly. But I think talks will be about Juninho now, he's back to Vasco (the best free-kick taker ever, in my opinion). Leandro is good, not sure if he's ready to leave Brazil for a better club though.
I can imagine! Argentina's youngsters are better at the moment anyway!  :P

Iturbe, Funes Mori, and Lamela are where it's at.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: May 11, 2011, 03:17:58 pm »
Juventus have agreed to sign purlo on a 3 year deal according to Italian radio.

They don't want Aquilani anymore then, wonder how he's feeling right now. Milan will go for Ganso and Kaka before going for Aquilani, in my opinion, so he's ours.

If Milan wants him, I'd suggest Liverpool to make a deal to get Pato. He is the player we are looking for.

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: May 11, 2011, 03:23:40 pm »
They don't want Aquilani anymore then, wonder how he's feeling right now. Milan will go for Ganso and Kaka before going for Aquilani, in my opinion, so he's ours.

If Milan wants him, I'd suggest Liverpool to make a deal to get Pato. He is the player we are looking for.

Why would we need Pato, get Thiago Silva instead
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #1198 on: May 11, 2011, 03:24:44 pm »

Silva looks like a class player everytime I have seen him play.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: May 11, 2011, 03:26:56 pm »

Both, either one, or Aquilani sounds good to me