Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 880100 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #880 on: June 9, 2021, 07:39:15 pm »
I for one look forward to the real winner in all this. The Anfield Road Construction thread on here. If it’s anything like the main stand one I’ll be very happy.

- The thrill of the first erected girder (phwooooar)
- The ecstasy of someone posting an updated picture from their commute home (cheers Craig).
- The people ‘with their OCD’s’ complaining about a random tile not being centered.
- A disgruntled reader (was it whiteboots?) constantly arguing with Alan (what does he know)
- New joiners asking when Kop will be done every 3 pages
- What about the corners!?
- Renewed beef with the skyscrapercity slags
- Craig calmly answering every question
- A random itk posting cryptic updates about construction difficulties (sonofkenny?)
- WHY ISN’T IT BIGGER???
- WHY AREN’T THEY MAKING THE PITCH LONGER???
- WHAT ABOUT THE CORNERS
- Euphoria when the Echo post official pictures of progress
- players in hard-hats sitting high up on pre-cast concrete
- what about the corners? (Cheers Craig)
- First day opening complaints about poor finishing
- Snagging
- What's next?
- Cant they just knock those houses down?
- They should have re-routed the WB road when they had the chance
- FSG Said what?!?

Great observation.  :)

It takes me right back to the Main Stand construction days.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #881 on: June 9, 2021, 08:11:16 pm »
Looks like I missed out big time on the Main construction. Definitely looking forward to being part of the Annie rags-to-riches, caterpiller-to-butterfly, build-it-and-they-will-come-and-moan experience. Did someone mention slags? Ahem. carry on!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #882 on: June 9, 2021, 10:09:19 pm »
Not to mention Meady’s fantastic mock up diagrams. The Dunkin’ Donuts Mega Kop! The water slide!
We are Liverpool!

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #883 on: June 10, 2021, 01:22:20 am »
The 27 wheelchair markings in the concourse are fire refuge markings. In the event of a fire, the concourse is a dedicated refuge where wheelchair users can be in a place of safety while the fire services assist in their evacuation. The number relates to the fire escape strategy not general occupancy and the fact they're tight up against each other would only be relevant if there was a fire.

I don't have the figures to hand but I don't think concourse areas and concessions are calculated on the basis that everyone in the crowd uses the concourse.

But I take your point about the size of the concourse provided for the wheelchair users and companions. It does look a bit tight and the fact that it's contained exacerbates that feeling.

GOing back to my sketches, I still think it would be difficult to have the wheelchair accessible seats and concourse at the same level as the GA concourse but they should look at grabbing some space from the hospitality lounge and possibly at the size of the lift.

Thanks Alan.
I didn't know they were fire refuge markings but I did wonder why they were different. You learn something new every day.

Sadly since the original plans were submitted (ahead of their presentation to the council Access Forum by the way) the club has given no indication it will make any alterations to the designs to incorporate any of the recommendations put forward and that you posted earlier.

I can see the wheelchair section on level 1 being greeted with initial enthusiasm but quickly giving way to frustration. And that is ignoring my own gripes regarding inclusivity.

You touched on a simple solution to inclusivity above . . . .  reduce the size of the hospitality area -- and introduce GA supporters to form a mixed area in with those wheelchair users. So you see, the club prioritised hospitality over inclusivity and equality, and it was a commercial decision after all . . .

And that, my friend, is discrimination in action, as used against disabled people. All this in an age of zero tolerance of other forms of discrimination. You took the time to debate the subject and found the solution. Unfortunately, too many who should know (do know??) better have sat on their hands and now it's probably too late to change. And that is sad.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #884 on: June 10, 2021, 04:45:27 am »
'Skyscrapercity slags'. Choked on my brew here!

Just spotted this on the youtube, might be interesting for some of you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubgpB8IANdQ

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #885 on: June 10, 2021, 04:47:33 am »
I enjoyed it mainly because he has the walk of a man that is about to be chased off by security / bizzies!

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #886 on: June 10, 2021, 05:48:32 am »
The Kop will always be the focal point of the ground and Tottenham's stand isn't even a single tier. I'd love to see The Kop expanded but that'll be extremely difficult to do within it's current footprint

Not biting.

we should be talking about safe standing in the kop.
city and the mancs are doing it now.
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #887 on: June 10, 2021, 08:49:41 am »
'Skyscrapercity slags'. Choked on my brew here!

Just spotted this on the youtube, might be interesting for some of you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubgpB8IANdQ

Right Craig. Nows your time to become a viral sensation mate. Can’t be having this wollyback with that haircut as our roving reporter every week. I think you can do slightly better than ‘the roof will be coming off in a few weeks’ and ‘there’s gonna be double glazing in there, I’ve seen the plans...on the internet’. And let’s not get started on ‘see that silver thing there’. It’s a fucking truss mate.

None of this Keith Chegwin running around shite either, the stadiums not trying to run away and hide from you. Just some nice monologues with a modicum of architectural knowledge over some ethereal background soundscapes. You can take Alan with you. And a tripod. Don’t forget to like and subscribe YNWA.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 09:02:00 am by meady1981 »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: June 10, 2021, 09:40:06 am »
With all the money Craig is getting from FSG he could even have a VR set and gives us updates on what the stand looks like now and will do with each milestone.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #889 on: June 10, 2021, 09:58:37 am »

Right Craig. Nows your time to become a viral sensation mate. Can’t be having this wollyback with that haircut as our roving reporter every week. I think you can do slightly better than ‘the roof will be coming off in a few weeks’ and ‘there’s gonna be double glazing in there, I’ve seen the plans...on the internet’. And let’s not get started on ‘see that silver thing there’. It’s a fucking truss mate.

None of this Keith Chegwin running around shite either, the stadiums not trying to run away and hide from you. Just some nice monologues with a modicum of architectural knowledge over some ethereal background soundscapes. You can take Alan with you. And a tripod. Don’t forget to like and subscribe YNWA.

I turned off when he said it'll be a few weeks before the roof comes off. Yeah, try 52 of them :lmao

we should be talking about safe standing in the kop.
city and the mancs are doing it now.

We should be but we'll always be the last club to discuss and implement any form of safe standing

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #890 on: June 10, 2021, 10:23:50 am »

Meady, you should do this. It'd be internet gold!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #891 on: June 10, 2021, 10:44:26 am »
Is that YouTube a piss take?  ;D

That bit of Stanley park he’s on about where “you’d come to play football” was houses  ;D

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: June 10, 2021, 10:55:57 am »
I turned off when he said it'll be a few weeks before the roof comes off. Yeah, try 52 of them :lmao

I enjoyed, “I’ve seen FSG’s plans to make it 90,000”

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #893 on: June 10, 2021, 11:46:13 am »

Judging by his research on everything else, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d seem this and taken it seriously.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #894 on: June 10, 2021, 12:03:07 pm »
Judging by his research on everything else, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d seem this and taken it seriously.

:lmao
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #895 on: June 10, 2021, 02:05:26 pm »
Thanks Alan.
I didn't know they were fire refuge markings but I did wonder why they were different. You learn something new every day.

Sadly since the original plans were submitted (ahead of their presentation to the council Access Forum by the way) the club has given no indication it will make any alterations to the designs to incorporate any of the recommendations put forward and that you posted earlier.

I can see the wheelchair section on level 1 being greeted with initial enthusiasm but quickly giving way to frustration. And that is ignoring my own gripes regarding inclusivity.

You touched on a simple solution to inclusivity above . . . .  reduce the size of the hospitality area -- and introduce GA supporters to form a mixed area in with those wheelchair users. So you see, the club prioritised hospitality over inclusivity and equality, and it was a commercial decision after all . . .

And that, my friend, is discrimination in action, as used against disabled people. All this in an age of zero tolerance of other forms of discrimination. You took the time to debate the subject and found the solution. Unfortunately, too many who should know (do know??) better have sat on their hands and now it's probably too late to change. And that is sad.

It's at planning so there's still time to push for modification during detailed design. I'd be happy to look at a few quick sketch options to put to the club if you know the right people to approach. The first thing to do would be to push for a larger concourse for wheelchair users. Second option would be a mixed GA and wheelchair area at level 1. It would be difficult as it would mean access from the upper part of the stand.

I don't have the figures obviously but the costs and return must be really tight. One telltale is the area labelled 'Fan Zone' on the plans. What that screams to me is that there's basically no money for fitout in that area. The hospitality seating on level 1 and the income from the hospitality lounges will be what make the stand viable. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #896 on: June 10, 2021, 02:14:50 pm »
The hospitality seating on level 1 and the income from the hospitality lounges will be what make the stand viable.

I was about to post the same.

It's highly likely the hospitality is what makes building this viable. I don't think that is discrimination anymore than having expensive hospitality seats in place of cheaper seats for those who cannot afford expensive tickets is discrimination.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: June 10, 2021, 07:08:27 pm »
I had a chuckle at that myself last night when I was browsing Skyscraper City.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #898 on: June 10, 2021, 10:13:57 pm »
It's at planning so there's still time to push for modification during detailed design. I'd be happy to look at a few quick sketch options to put to the club if you know the right people to approach. The first thing to do would be to push for a larger concourse for wheelchair users. Second option would be a mixed GA and wheelchair area at level 1. It would be difficult as it would mean access from the upper part of the stand.

I don't have the figures obviously but the costs and return must be really tight. One telltale is the area labelled 'Fan Zone' on the plans. What that screams to me is that there's basically no money for fitout in that area. The hospitality seating on level 1 and the income from the hospitality lounges will be what make the stand viable. 

Thanks again, Alan.
I realise there's still time for modifications to the interior design but I do not know the right people to approach. First and foremost it would be up to the LDSA to pursue such a matter. Do you know anybody in there that would be interested? Do any come on here? It would certainly be interesting to get their viewpoint.

Money might be tight, but I don't think it is that tight when spread out over the lifetime of this stand, which might be 50 years or more. Hospitality may make the stand more viable, but that should not be at the expense of wheelchair users. As I said at the beginning of my posts, this boils down to the philosophy of "inclusivity".

Disabled people are always seen as "costs", rather than as customers -- in all walks of life. Fulfilling the needs of disabled people is always seen as an "extra" unwanted cost, for the sake of just a few people. It might cost an extra £1m to make that disabled area in the proposed Anfield Road stand more "inclusive" just for the sake of 32 wheelchair users or over £31k each and that is unreasonable. Except for the fact that from an inclusive design perspective, the aim is to produce a stand for it for all users, their friends and families, throughout their lives. So that £1m extra should not be divided by 32, but by the stand capacity of 7000, which works out at around £142 each! That is hardly a deal-breaker!

To use a different and tongue-in-cheek analogy, the seats in the Main Stand roughly 10% larger than those in the Sir Kenny Dalglish stand. This is largely because since that stand was built, people have become *ahem* 'bigger'. More specifically, a portion of the population have allowed themselves to become grossly overweight, and because of this, the club architects have made a decision to make each and every seat larger, so that the 15% who are grossly overweight can sit anywhere. Why did they not consider a "fat" corner in the same way they have built this wheelchair corner? Seats could be made larger for the fatties who need them, meaning more seats could be provided for those who manage to keep their timber the control. In the main stand, a 10% increase in seat sizes probably equates to around 2000 lost seats. Therefore in order to maintain the same match day income from ticket sales, everyone must pay around 10% more for their tickets!

Genuine question:  why is inclusivity automatically applied in the case of overweight able-bodied people. It is done without question and everyone shares the cost. It is possibly because able-bodied customers, are seen as just that -- customers. Also, if people were corralled into a corner of the ground with their own entrance and tuck shop, there would be a huge outcry and cries of discrimination!

The hypocrisy and double standards results in shocking discrimination against disabled people in all walks of life which, as the Anfield Road stand plans suggest, shows little sign of being eliminated.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #899 on: June 10, 2021, 10:18:50 pm »
I was about to post the same.

It's highly likely the hospitality is what makes building this viable. I don't think that is discrimination anymore than having expensive hospitality seats in place of cheaper seats for those who cannot afford expensive tickets is discrimination.

The sad thing about this post, Craig is that there are far too many people who think like you, and don't think that creating a segregated corner for disabled people is in any way discriminatory, if it helps get a stand built that able-bodied people can enjoy.

And you are one of the stalwarts of a website that proudly proclaims that Black Lives Matter. Bigotry is bigotry, and whatever form it takes, just as hurtful.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #900 on: June 10, 2021, 10:26:43 pm »
Happy we're building it, very good.

But why do we need a baby changing toilet. Who is bringing a baby to the game. Leave the baby at home
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #901 on: June 10, 2021, 10:33:27 pm »

But why do we need a baby changing toilet. Who is bringing a baby to the game. Leave the baby at home
Everton fans need something to throw at their players, be fair.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #902 on: June 10, 2021, 10:36:23 pm »
The sad thing about this post, Craig is that there are far too many people who think like you, and don't think that creating a segregated corner for disabled people is in any way discriminatory, if it helps get a stand built that able-bodied people can enjoy.

And you are one of the stalwarts of a website that proudly proclaims that Black Lives Matter. Bigotry is bigotry, and whatever form it takes, just as hurtful.

No the issue is that there are decisions to be made to facilitate the stand being built full stop, and it’s not just disabled people who are having to accept less than perfect. I already pointed out another group who are.

Unfortunately this isn’t a new build. It’s working in the confines of an existing stand and within a residential area.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #903 on: June 11, 2021, 01:15:11 am »
No the issue is that there are decisions to be made to facilitate the stand being built full stop, and it’s not just disabled people who are having to accept less than perfect. I already pointed out another group who are.

Unfortunately this isn’t a new build. It’s working in the confines of an existing stand and within a residential area.

You obviously don't understand the issues then, or perhaps just care to ignore them in order to get a stand built at all costs. It is absolutely not about 'confines'.
What part of 'existing stand' and 'residential area' entail segregating a section of fans, against the guidance of UEFA, and the wishes of the (quietly damning) council recommendation??

And to equate the loss of seats 'for those who cannot afford expensive tickets' with disability discrimination is frankly, astonishing.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #904 on: June 11, 2021, 01:24:56 am »

It doesn't have to be separate, or expensive -- it just needs the facility available, in much the same way as any supermarket would.
I've seen babies with their mums in hospitality areas before. Not something I'd do, but it's a free country and they can spend there money as they choose.
That's inclusive design. It's not just about disability -- it is about designing for everyone.  :)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: June 11, 2021, 01:34:13 am »
I understand your concerns mate but at this stage of the game with planning permission almost given and work about to commence what can be done?

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: June 11, 2021, 07:14:37 am »
You obviously don't understand the issues then, or perhaps just care to ignore them in order to get a stand built at all costs. It is absolutely not about 'confines'.
What part of 'existing stand' and 'residential area' entail segregating a section of fans, against the guidance of UEFA, and the wishes of the (quietly damning) council recommendation??

And to equate the loss of seats 'for those who cannot afford expensive tickets' with disability discrimination is frankly, astonishing.

I'm reading this like your taking what he's saying the wrong way. He's just on about how corporate is needed over all other seats going against every other general admission. Dont think hes disagreeing with you on the disability section.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: June 11, 2021, 07:31:11 am »
I'd imagine some babies will be brought along on stadium tours so they'll need a facility somewhere.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #908 on: June 11, 2021, 09:40:16 am »

You’re quite clearly taking what I said completely the wrong way, and you’re clearly quite passionate about this one issue (nothing wrong with that) so going a bit off on one. I mean I always find it weird when someone is shouting discrimination of a certain group they have to bring up support of another group (you’ve mentioned BLM at least twice in the last handful of posts).

I’m not suggesting the way it’s designed now is correct. I’m saying things like not being able to make a section bigger (a suggestion by Alan I believed which you said was a good idea) because the hospitality section is there is something which the clubs has decided is needed to make the stand financially viable and doesn’t just effect disabled people. Disabled people aren’t singularly being targeted to fit in the corps - all others are. All others are giving up the “perfect” ideal for the Corps to be there.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: June 11, 2021, 09:43:44 am »

That corner stand  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #910 on: June 11, 2021, 01:38:50 pm »
I think this thread has just about run its course now. Once approval is granted and the mystic fabled shovel of Gillette hits the ground, they'll be nothing left to moan about. Might I suggest that our new addiction be Kop end expansion mock-ups, lies and inside info from disgruntled former lovers of John Henry and his plans to freeze the pitch to host NHL matches.   

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #911 on: June 11, 2021, 02:59:46 pm »
I think this thread has just about run its course now. Once approval is granted and the mystic fabled shovel of Gillette hits the ground, they'll be nothing left to moan about. Might I suggest that our new addiction be Kop end expansion mock-ups, lies and inside info from disgruntled former lovers of John Henry and his plans to freeze the pitch to host NHL matches.   

The next stage will undoubtedly be back to wanting a safe-standing Kop. Something I am fully on board with and which seems an increasingly realistic prospect, and something I and others will definitely want to spam these stadium pages with  :D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #912 on: June 11, 2021, 03:00:55 pm »
The next stage will undoubtedly be back to wanting a safe-standing Kop. Something I am fully on board with and which seems an increasingly realistic prospect, and something I and others will definitely want to spam these stadium pages with  :D

We'll always be the last to think, discuss and implement safe standing

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #913 on: June 11, 2021, 03:26:30 pm »
We'll always be the last to think, discuss and implement safe standing

Aaaand we´re off....  ;)

Although even if we are the last to think, discuss and implement this, I think by the end of the decade we may be one of the last in the top flight that hasn´t implemented or trialled any safe standing areas if regulatory changes do go ahead

All that said, with the conclusions of the Independent Panel, and an increasing knowledge of what safe-standing actually entails (.i.e In no way similar to the terraces of old) I don´t see that it is the barrier it once was in the discussions of safe-standing at Anfield. I think if other clubs do end up trialling this, and it is seen what safe-standing means in a working context, any remaining doubts will disappear.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 03:28:15 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #914 on: June 11, 2021, 03:54:22 pm »
It doesn't have to be separate, or expensive -- it just needs the facility available, in much the same way as any supermarket would.
I've seen babies with their mums in hospitality areas before. Not something I'd do, but it's a free country and they can spend there money as they choose.
That's inclusive design. It's not just about disability -- it is about designing for everyone.  :)

I've seen mums with their babies in a sling on the Kop before, I guess if you can't leave them behind then why not start them young?! I assume they get in free?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #915 on: June 11, 2021, 03:57:55 pm »
I've seen mums with their babies in a sling on the Kop before, I guess if you can't leave them behind then why not start them young?! I assume they get in free?!
No way,you should see those baby touts. 100 rusks minimum for a ticket in the Main!

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #916 on: June 11, 2021, 04:00:36 pm »
No way,you should see those baby touts. 100 rusks minimum for a ticket in the Main!

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #917 on: June 11, 2021, 07:21:35 pm »

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342698.msg17799302#msg17799302

Photo copied from someone elses post on another thread but gives us a slight update.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #918 on: June 11, 2021, 08:17:29 pm »
You’re quite clearly taking what I said completely the wrong way, and you’re clearly quite passionate about this one issue (nothing wrong with that) so going a bit off on one. I mean I always find it weird when someone is shouting discrimination of a certain group they have to bring up support of another group (you’ve mentioned BLM at least twice in the last handful of posts).

I’m not suggesting the way it’s designed now is correct. I’m saying things like not being able to make a section bigger (a suggestion by Alan I believed which you said was a good idea) because the hospitality section is there is something which the clubs has decided is needed to make the stand financially viable and doesn’t just effect disabled people. Disabled people aren’t singularly being targeted to fit in the corps - all others are. All others are giving up the “perfect” ideal for the Corps to be there.

We are going round in circles, and this argument has probably run its course, as poopscoop says, but it is mainly because some folk cannot see the wood for the trees.

I'll leave you with this. . . Imagine you are new to this and have just found out LFC, systematically segregate an as yet undefined social minority attending matches, so they cannot interact with other match-goers. They now intend to do so in a newly constructed addition to the Anfield road end.

Do you:
1. Object on principle because it goes against your belief that we are all equal under the Equality Act and segregation is wrong
2. Wonder if it will free up space for extra hospitality seats, or
3. Wait until you find out if its a social minority you particularly care about

You seem to find it 'weird' that I mention BLM. Why so?

BLM are fighting for equality on race issues and I fully support them on point of principle with regards racism. I fight in this thread for equality on disability issues. We are both on the same side -- fighting for EQUALITY.

If I sound slightly disillusioned and perplexed, it is perhaps because, when campaigning on disability issues, one is too often faced with a lack of understanding, disinterest or complete contempt.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: June 11, 2021, 11:14:48 pm »

There are lads in Anfield side streets asking ''mind your pushchair, mate?'' on match days too.  :o