Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 880020 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #840 on: June 7, 2021, 08:23:44 pm »
Call me an old cynic, but judging by the actions of FSG over the last couple of years, I get the feeling they just want this done as quickly and cheaply as possible for PR reasons and as means of saying ‘don’t question us and our finances, look what we’ve done for you!?!?’. I personally don’t think they’d even really bother with the stand if it were just up to them, let alone continue with the rest of the stadium like some people think they will. Happy to be proven wrong, just when it comes to ‘goodwill’ regarding supporter care as related in homesicks posts, I’ve lost all faith in them.

I would not be surprised if these things were taken into consideration at Bramley Moore. Everton are streets ahead of us on that front.
It’s an odd thought,  because they’re doing the same as the did at Fenway park.

And as quick and as cheap as possible? All businesses want that don’t they?

Can't wait to see it done though, the main stand has improved the environment around it so much, will be good to see the same at the Annie road end.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #841 on: June 7, 2021, 10:25:24 pm »
Call me an old cynic, but judging by the actions of FSG over the last couple of years, I get the feeling they just want this done as quickly and cheaply as possible for PR reasons and as means of saying ‘don’t question us and our finances, look what we’ve done for you!?!?’. I personally don’t think they’d even really bother with the stand if it were just up to them, let alone continue with the rest of the stadium like some people think they will. Happy to be proven wrong, just when it comes to ‘goodwill’ regarding supporter care as related in homesicks posts, I’ve lost all faith in them.

I would not be surprised if these things were taken into consideration at Bramley Moore. Everton are streets ahead of us on that front.

Everton were in danger of repeating many of the 'mistakes' LFC made / are making with the Main Stand and Anfield Road Stand.
When access issues were pointed out to them, to their great credit, they revamped their plans and now their plans are in a class of their own, in terms of accessibility and inclusivity. If it ever gets built, that is!  ;) ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #842 on: June 7, 2021, 10:32:04 pm »

You will need better bait than that.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: June 7, 2021, 10:53:54 pm »
Good news. The Main Stand was really impressively done so hopefully this will be as well.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: June 7, 2021, 11:17:32 pm »
All these amendments and refinements makes me wonder how long it will be before we need to do something with The KD stand and in particular the old Kemlyn which is pushing 60 years old. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #845 on: June 7, 2021, 11:37:48 pm »
real shame the work could not have been carried out over the 18 months from last March, we'd have saved a fortune. Hindsight though and impossible in practice.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #846 on: June 8, 2021, 12:05:47 am »

Thanks for your detailed response from an architect's point of view.

Regarding the bit in bold --- in other words, although they could have adapted the existing structure in any number of ways, the new design succeeds in using existing infrastructure so as to result in an unacceptable, segregated section for these wheelchair users. 

I wish I could agree that architects and designers take these issues seriously enough.

I can't speak for the architects but thought these sketch sections might help put the design into some context and show the physical restraints the architects are dealing with. They couldn't adapt the structure in any number of ways. There are always constraints - physical, cost, building regulations, stadium design guidelines and one of the most important is circulation and evacuation.

The first sketch is the existing stand. A small concourse for the lower tier with level access for pitchside wheelchair spaces. The upper tier has both GA (general admission) and hospitality spaces with a tiny concourse. Hospitality is only available off-site before kick off.

The second sketch is the planning scheme. The hospitality seating is in the same general location but hospitality catering etc is brought on site at level 1. In this arrangement the new wheelchair spaces are located at the top of the old lower stand with level access from level 1. The GA concourse is at level 2. Could a wheelchair tribune be included at level 2 instead? Possibly, but it could take out up to 10 rows of GA seats and hospitality seats and most of the WC provision.

Sketch 3 shows how wheelchair spaces could be accommodated at level 2 by adding an additional hospitality tier (as the Main Stand). For this to work level 2 has to be 2-3 metres higher and the upper tier would be higher and steeper. It would add significant extra cost which could make the build unviable.

Sketch 4 deals with the option of swapping the hospitality and GA concourses. It solves the problem of GA wheelchair users accessing the GA concourse but most of the stand would have no access to the GA concourse.

These are just a few quick sketches and the architects would have spent month looking at options.

Incidentally, I've had a look at the Bramley Dock proposals and they look pretty good. If I have time I'll do a quick analysis but there's no point doing a direct comparison because it's a new build with all hospitalty in the side stands. The new build means they can have access to the stands from the concourses at the top of each tier as well as stairs up to vomitories. It's not possible to do the same with the redeveloped Anfield Road stand.

*edit - I'll have a look through the Bramley Moore submission and see if I can find a typical section to show the difference.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2021, 07:38:46 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #847 on: June 8, 2021, 10:29:55 am »
If the pitch is too small for a Waffa Cup final, then teams should just use smaller players.

Simples.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #848 on: June 8, 2021, 10:31:36 am »
Interesting to see one of the objectors to the scheme is Steve Redford who was very vocal in his support for Bramley Moore.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #849 on: June 8, 2021, 11:44:38 am »
Very interesting post about disabled access. Club needs to do all it can to get this right.

Sorry if answered already but would 61k make us eligible for hosting things like FA Cup semis and European finals or is it still too small?
Fa cup semis seem to be exclusively Wembley

Im sure smaller grounds than Anfield held them before Wembley took over

dont see why we couldnt have a european final
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #850 on: June 8, 2021, 12:06:36 pm »

dont see why we couldnt have a european final

The

Pitch

Is

Too

Small

(Only about the 10,00th time on these threads ;D)

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: June 8, 2021, 12:14:56 pm »
real shame the work could not have been carried out over the 18 months from last March, we'd have saved a fortune. Hindsight though and impossible in practice.

It's to be hoped that they have a sizeable contingency built in to the budget for increased costs. The price of goods and materials in the construction industry are currently spiraling up (that's when you can get a hold of them)

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #852 on: June 8, 2021, 12:38:53 pm »

I can't speak for the architects but thought these sketch sections might help put the design into some context and show the physical restraints the architects are dealing with. They couldn't adapt the structure in any number of ways. There are always constraints - physical, cost, building regulations, stadium design guidelines and one of the most important is circulation and evacuation.

The first sketch is the existing stand. A small concourse for the lower tier with level access for pitchside wheelchair spaces. The upper tier has both GA (general admission) and hospitality spaces with a tiny concourse. Hospitality is only available off-site before kick off.

The second sketch is the planning scheme. The hospitality seating is in the same general location but hospitality catering etc is brought on site at level 1. In this arrangement the new wheelchair spaces are located at the top of the old lower stand with level access from level 1. The GA concourse is at level 2. Could a wheelchair tribune be included at level 2 instead? Possibly, but it could take out up to 10 rows of GA seats and hospitality seats and most of the WC provision.

Sketch 3 shows how wheelchair spaces could be accommodated at level 2 by adding an additional hospitality tier (as the Main Stand). For this to work level 2 has to be 2-3 metres higher and the upper tier would be higher and steeper. It would add significant extra cost which could make the build unviable.

Sketch 4 deals with the option of swapping the hospitality and GA concourses. It solves the problem of GA wheelchair users accessing the GA concourse but most of the stand would have no access to the GA concourse.

These are just a few quick sketches and the architects would have spent month looking at options.

Incidentally, I've had a look at the Bramley Dock proposals and they look pretty good. If I have time I'll do a quick analysis but there's no point doing a direct comparison because it's a new build with all hospitalty in the side stands. The new build means they can have access to the stands from the concourses at the top of each tier as well as stairs up to vomitories. It's not possible to do the same with the redeveloped Anfield Road stand.

*edit - I'll have a look through the Bramley Moore submission and see if I can find a typical section to show the difference.

Thanks again Alan for taking the time to do the drawings and your explanations. I realise there is a lot involved.
However, the wheelchair spaces I refer to are not the ones at the front of the proposed level I (i.e. at the back of the existing level I).
Maybe I'm getting confused myself, but the ones I am referring to the one to the bottom left of the plan, at the back of the proposed level I in the corner by the Sir Kenny Dalglish stand.
If I was more tech savvy, I would do a screenshot and post it up here. Sorry.
It's the fourth one down on the list of documents:

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=1200084

Looking at the plan again, it confuses me more because the majority of wheelchair spaces in that corner section are placed at the back of the platform against the wall, and actually seemed to be looking over a few other wheelchair spaces that appear to be on the same level in a direct line of sight, on the same level.
Would that be your reading of the plan? I can't seem to visualise it in 3D.

We should get Angela Scanlon from Your Home Made Perfect on the case, with her virtual reality headset!

Regarding the Bramley More stadium plans, I’m sure if I looked at them again there would be a few issues, but in general terms, it is streets ahead of anything proposed Anfield. Inclusivity, from a disability point of view is a long way off. And this in an age of zero tolerance and the BLM protests………..

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: June 8, 2021, 12:43:35 pm »
At the end of the day all modern stadiums that have been built or in the process of it will have up to date plans for more visible access to wheelchair users etc.  We're trying to modernise a stadium that while not on it's knees is still old. 

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: June 8, 2021, 12:57:18 pm »
Thanks again Alan for taking the time to do the drawings and your explanations. I realise there is a lot involved.
However, the wheelchair spaces I refer to are not the ones at the front of the proposed level I (i.e. at the back of the existing level I).
Maybe I'm getting confused myself, but the ones I am referring to the one to the bottom left of the plan, at the back of the proposed level I in the corner by the Sir Kenny Dalglish stand.
If I was more tech savvy, I would do a screenshot and post it up here. Sorry.
It's the fourth one down on the list of documents:

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=1200084

Looking at the plan again, it confuses me more because the majority of wheelchair spaces in that corner section are placed at the back of the platform against the wall, and actually seemed to be looking over a few other wheelchair spaces that appear to be on the same level in a direct line of sight, on the same level.
Would that be your reading of the plan? I can't seem to visualise it in 3D.

We should get Angela Scanlon from Your Home Made Perfect on the case, with her virtual reality headset!

Regarding the Bramley More stadium plans, I’m sure if I looked at them again there would be a few issues, but in general terms, it is streets ahead of anything proposed Anfield. Inclusivity, from a disability point of view is a long way off. And this in an age of zero tolerance and the BLM protests………..

*edit This is the screenshot.

The wheelchair positions at the top of the picture are the 27 pitchside spaces at the bottom of the Anny Road Lower Tier. The 32 spaces in the middle of the picture are the ones at the back of the existing stand with level access to Level 1. They have their own concourse bottom left with a dedicated escape refuge.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2021, 01:41:43 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: June 8, 2021, 01:31:41 pm »

sorry chief, was legging it out the door to get the young fella from play school so only skimmed the thread

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #856 on: June 8, 2021, 01:48:27 pm »

The wheelchair positions at the top of the picture are the 27 pitchside spaces at the bottom of the Anny Road Lower Tier. The 32 spaces in the middle of the picture are the ones at the back of the existing stand with level access to Level 1. They have their own concourse bottom left with a dedicated escape refuge.
Hope the view back there is ok. I went to the Nou Camp once and there was a similar layout for wheelchair spaces. The view of the pitch was great but it was like looking through a letterbox which meant I couldn't look around and felt cut off from the rest of the stadium. I hope that feeling is avoided in these plans. 
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: June 8, 2021, 02:24:44 pm »
Hope the view back there is ok. I went to the Nou Camp once and there was a similar layout for wheelchair spaces. The view of the pitch was great but it was like looking through a letterbox which meant I couldn't look around and felt cut off from the rest of the stadium. I hope that feeling is avoided in these plans. 

Should be fine looking at the architects drawings. My sketches don't show the true relationship of the wheelchair spaces and the start of the new upper tier.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #858 on: June 9, 2021, 12:08:51 am »

Those seats you mention are fine, Alan.
It's the 26 in the bottom left-hand corner that are the contentious ones....... they are segregated, and I can't visualise the sight lines.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #859 on: June 9, 2021, 12:12:54 am »
At the end of the day all modern stadiums that have been built or in the process of it will have up to date plans for more visible access to wheelchair users etc.  We're trying to modernise a stadium that while not on it's knees is still old. 

So therefore what? It's ok to segregate a certain section of society because it's convenient? The list of reservations by the council access specialist is quite damning.
What bit of it do you not get?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: June 9, 2021, 12:20:54 am »
No mate, not what I meant.

I meant that we're trying to get up to date with regulations with an old stadium, where as all modern stadia will have those sort of plans already featured in to the design. We're playing catch up.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #862 on: June 9, 2021, 08:34:14 am »
This should also make Anfield more intimidating with two strong ends.

One of the problems with the ARE as it is, is the away fans have pride of place. About time they were tucked in the corner like all the other big grounds (and Goodison).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #863 on: June 9, 2021, 11:19:59 am »
So excited for the work to get started.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: June 9, 2021, 11:36:52 am »

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #865 on: June 9, 2021, 12:07:51 pm »
Those seats you mention are fine, Alan.
It's the 26 in the bottom left-hand corner that are the contentious ones....... they are segregated, and I can't visualise the sight lines.

Quoting myself here just to clarify . . . .

There are 32 wheelchair and companion seats on level 1. That's obviously 64 people.
The concession area in the bottom right shows it occupied by 27 wheelchairs only.
They are also shown side by side lining the walls.
In the graphic, there appears to be only enough room for each chair to move the equivalent of one space forward or back. It will be incredibly packed in there -- and that is before accommodating any companions or fixtures such as a table!
In reality, there will probably be enough room for only half, at most, of those 32 wheelchair users and their companions to use that space with any degree of comfort. The rest will be reduced to sitting in the 'circulation' area, or simply staying in their match seats because it is less hassle.

The lift proposed will accommodate only two wheelchairs by the look of it. At a conservative 2 minute turnaround time, that entails 16 trips or 32 minutes to empty that section by lift at the end of the game. Even with 4 chairs, it will be 16 minutes, minimum. That is roughly the time it can take to empty the wheelchair users from the main stand since it was built, and that has been the subject of constant complaints!

All in all, this will not be a pleasant experience for wheelchair users, and certainly not of the standard one would expect in this day and age. As mentioned previously, in 20 years time, we will look back in dismay at this segregated, cramped, non-inclusive area, and wonder how it was allowed to be built.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #866 on: June 9, 2021, 12:13:03 pm »

One of the problems with the ARE as it is, is the away fans have pride of place. About time they were tucked in the corner like all the other big grounds (and Goodison).

To climb down off my "inclusivity" podium for a second or two, do you think there is a possibility that the extra capacity of this stand will unbalance the atmosphere somewhat? All of a sudden, the Kop is no longer the focal point of the stadium.

Personally, I would love to see the Kop expanded to somewhere in the region of 17,000 --- to compare with that of the mighty Tottenham. Or even larger to compare with bro see Dortmund.

At least the Kop is worthy of such a capacity.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: June 9, 2021, 12:15:22 pm »
To climb down off my "inclusivity" podium for a second or two, do you think there is a possibility that the extra capacity of this stand will unbalance the atmosphere somewhat? All of a sudden, the Kop is no longer the focal point of the stadium.

Personally, I would love to see the Kop expanded to somewhere in the region of 17,000 --- to compare with that of the mighty Tottenham. Or even larger to compare with bro see Dortmund.

no, capacity wise and structurally i think the main stand dwarfs everything else

but it is still all about the Kop

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: June 9, 2021, 12:18:30 pm »
Looks good. We will also have the capacity now to hold other events, such as European Finals.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #869 on: June 9, 2021, 12:31:59 pm »

The Kop will always be the focal point of the ground and Tottenham's stand isn't even a single tier. I'd love to see The Kop expanded but that'll be extremely difficult to do within it's current footprint

Looks good. We will also have the capacity now to hold other events, such as European Finals.

Not biting.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: June 9, 2021, 01:04:11 pm »
Triggered
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #871 on: June 9, 2021, 01:32:41 pm »

The Main Stand extension has really helped the Anfield atmosphere with the extra capacity (although has coincided with the Klopp years).

It should help if the ARE is more vocal. It's often difficult to hear the Kop from that end of the ground (particularly with the 300 blocks right at the back which doesn't travel), therefore it gives the illusion that the away fans are making all the noise, unless the Kop are very loud.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 01:34:53 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: June 9, 2021, 01:35:05 pm »
Quoting myself here just to clarify . . . .

There are 32 wheelchair and companion seats on level 1. That's obviously 64 people.
The concession area in the bottom right shows it occupied by 27 wheelchairs only.
They are also shown side by side lining the walls.
In the graphic, there appears to be only enough room for each chair to move the equivalent of one space forward or back. It will be incredibly packed in there -- and that is before accommodating any companions or fixtures such as a table!
In reality, there will probably be enough room for only half, at most, of those 32 wheelchair users and their companions to use that space with any degree of comfort. The rest will be reduced to sitting in the 'circulation' area, or simply staying in their match seats because it is less hassle.

The lift proposed will accommodate only two wheelchairs by the look of it. At a conservative 2 minute turnaround time, that entails 16 trips or 32 minutes to empty that section by lift at the end of the game. Even with 4 chairs, it will be 16 minutes, minimum. That is roughly the time it can take to empty the wheelchair users from the main stand since it was built, and that has been the subject of constant complaints!

All in all, this will not be a pleasant experience for wheelchair users, and certainly not of the standard one would expect in this day and age. As mentioned previously, in 20 years time, we will look back in dismay at this segregated, cramped, non-inclusive area, and wonder how it was allowed to be built.

The 27 wheelchair markings in the concourse are fire refuge markings. In the event of a fire, the concourse is a dedicated refuge where wheelchair users can be in a place of safety while the fire services assist in their evacuation. The number relates to the fire escape strategy not general occupancy and the fact they're tight up against each other would only be relevant if there was a fire.

I don't have the figures to hand but I don't think concourse areas and concessions are calculated on the basis that everyone in the crowd uses the concourse.

But I take your point about the size of the concourse provided for the wheelchair users and companions. It does look a bit tight and the fact that it's contained exacerbates that feeling.

GOing back to my sketches, I still think it would be difficult to have the wheelchair accessible seats and concourse at the same level as the GA concourse but they should look at grabbing some space from the hospitality lounge and possibly at the size of the lift.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #873 on: June 9, 2021, 02:43:51 pm »
I for one look forward to the real winner in all this. The Anfield Road Construction thread on here. If it’s anything like the main stand one I’ll be very happy.

- The thrill of the first erected girder (phwooooar)
- The ecstasy of someone posting an updated picture from their commute home (cheers Craig).
- The people ‘with their OCD’s’ complaining about a random tile not being centered.
- A disgruntled reader (was it whiteboots?) constantly arguing with Alan (what does he know)
- New joiners asking when Kop will be done every 3 pages
- What about the corners!?
- Renewed beef with the skyscrapercity slags
- Craig calmly answering every question
- A random itk posting cryptic updates about construction difficulties (sonofkenny?)
- WHY ISN’T IT BIGGER???
- WHY AREN’T THEY MAKING THE PITCH LONGER???
- WHAT ABOUT THE CORNERS
- Euphoria when the Echo post official pictures of progress
- players in hard-hats sitting high up on pre-cast concrete
- what about the corners? (Cheers Craig)
- First day opening complaints about poor finishing
- Snagging
- What's next?
- Cant they just knock those houses down?
- They should have re-routed the WB road when they had the chance
- FSG Said what?!?

« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 02:48:22 pm by meady1981 »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: June 9, 2021, 02:46:10 pm »
Skyscrapercity weirdos, oh for fucks sakes. Not those lads again.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #875 on: June 9, 2021, 02:55:36 pm »
Skyscrapercity weirdos, oh for fucks sakes. Not those lads again.
:lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #876 on: June 9, 2021, 03:49:40 pm »
I for one look forward to the real winner in all this. The Anfield Road Construction thread on here. If it’s anything like the main stand one I’ll be very happy.

- The thrill of the first erected girder (phwooooar)
- The ecstasy of someone posting an updated picture from their commute home (cheers Craig).
- The people ‘with their OCD’s’ complaining about a random tile not being centered.
- A disgruntled reader (was it whiteboots?) constantly arguing with Alan (what does he know)
- New joiners asking when Kop will be done every 3 pages
- What about the corners!?
- Renewed beef with the skyscrapercity slags
- Craig calmly answering every question
- A random itk posting cryptic updates about construction difficulties (sonofkenny?)
- WHY ISN’T IT BIGGER???
- WHY AREN’T THEY MAKING THE PITCH LONGER???
- WHAT ABOUT THE CORNERS
- Euphoria when the Echo post official pictures of progress
- players in hard-hats sitting high up on pre-cast concrete
- what about the corners? (Cheers Craig)
- First day opening complaints about poor finishing
- Snagging
- What's next?
- Cant they just knock those houses down?
- They should have re-routed the WB road when they had the chance
- FSG Said what?!?

:lmao

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: June 9, 2021, 06:05:07 pm »
I think meady has win the internet with that..!

(Could have added Alan complaining about the quality of the brick laying too mind ;D)
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 06:55:14 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: June 9, 2021, 06:28:53 pm »
Great post. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #879 on: June 9, 2021, 07:35:57 pm »

You little rascal.  :)

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.