Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 879921 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #720 on: December 3, 2020, 10:10:18 am »
Makes clear how fucking stupid it was the club selling Skerries for £1 per property rather than keeping ownership and refurb/renting them out themselves.

Incredible isn't it? If you follow the footprint for the Main Stand with the Sir Kenny Stand then Anfield can easily get to 70k without affecting sight lines or supporter experience, you just have the logistical issues of getting fans to and from the ground to encounter. Even more so because of the way the build would have to be done you could close off the Sir Kenny stand after the ARE has been rebuilt for only a minimal loss of current capacity which makes it easier to do financially as the club wouldn't be losing out on too much financially.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 10:55:45 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #722 on: December 3, 2020, 10:48:37 am »
I presume it won't affect capacity while it's being built?

Mad to think the Kemlyn will be the smallest stand capacity-wise.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 10:50:17 am by redribbon 73% more xmassy »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #723 on: December 3, 2020, 10:51:15 am »
I presume it won't affect capacity while it's being built?

At some point they are going to have to demolish the top tier. It’s a bit different in that regard to the Main as they basically added on to what was there for the most part.

Guess it will come down to how much they can build behind during the season, and how long they expect it to take to demolish and join up the new to old and if this can be done in a summer. Seems a big ask.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: December 3, 2020, 10:54:06 am »

At some point they are going to have to demolish the top tier. It’s a bit different in that regard to the Main as they basically added on to what was there for the most part.

Guess it will come down to how much they can build behind during the season, and how long they expect it to take to demolish and join up the new to old and if this can be done in a summer. Seems a big ask.

From the revised section I assume they'll build everythig behind during the season and then demolish the upper tier close season. The front few rows of the new upper tier will be built once the old upper tier has been demolished.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #725 on: December 3, 2020, 11:08:48 am »
Makes clear how fucking stupid it was the club selling Skerries for £1 per property rather than keeping ownership and refurb/renting them out themselves.
Yeah, it probably looked good for the club at the time giving back to the community but it has shot ourselves in the foot moving forward for what would have probably cost us very little.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #726 on: December 3, 2020, 10:25:21 pm »
I found these pics on LFC Reddit.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #727 on: December 3, 2020, 10:30:22 pm »

Pretty clear here that they can pretty much build the new upper tier being the existing upper tier whilst still using it.

I guess there will be a phased opening like the main stand?

The King Kenny looking quite small all of a sudden.  I remember going in it shortly after it opened and feeling a bit like I was in the side of a mountain.... now it’s tiny...
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 10:32:31 pm by T₂O Little Town Of Bethlehem »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #728 on: December 3, 2020, 10:36:31 pm »
Looks very impressive and I like the steep rake of the upper tier, it looks similar to the Main Stand. Although  I’m guessing there will still be a few lousy views from the corner of the new Anny/Sir Kenny?
Northern Ireland Red!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: December 3, 2020, 11:06:54 pm »
FC Big Stands ;D

As I'm looking at that. I'm guessing the roof will have to come of the ARE because that support truss will need to come down before work can start?  Can't imagine it would be easy to build around it, but then they did build the Main Stand.

Crazy to think we can top 61k with only two stands redeveloped.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #730 on: December 4, 2020, 03:12:35 am »

:D

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #731 on: December 4, 2020, 07:32:21 am »
Looks fantastic. Couldn´t ask for better really with the steep and imposing upper tier. It also goes to show you don´t need a soulless shiny glass dome to have high quality modern facilities and capacity.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: December 4, 2020, 08:30:41 am »
I’m so glad we have stayed and redeveloped Anfield. It’s the best ground anywhere. Steep stands close to the pitch, all the history, it’s fucking brilliant. I’ve been 100s of times and I still get a buzz walking up Arkles Lane seeing the stadium come into view.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #733 on: December 4, 2020, 09:20:35 am »

The King Kenny looking quite small all of a sudden.  I remember going in it shortly after it opened and feeling a bit like I was in the side of a mountain.... now it’s tiny...

Same, I sat in the back or next to back row once years ago and it felt like the highest seat ever!

I’m so glad we have stayed and redeveloped Anfield. It’s the best ground anywhere. Steep stands close to the pitch, all the history, it’s fucking brilliant. I’ve been 100s of times and I still get a buzz walking up Arkles Lane seeing the stadium come into view.

Me too.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2020, 10:05:50 am by redribbon 73% more xmassy »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #734 on: December 4, 2020, 09:42:11 am »

That first picture looks amazing. The Kop is starting to look even smaller and more outdated. Hopefully something can be done with it in the future. But for now, it's going to look amazing. Definitely the right decision to stay at Anfield.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: December 4, 2020, 10:01:17 am »
That first picture looks amazing. The Kop is starting to look even smaller and more outdated. Hopefully something can be done with it in the future. But for now, it's going to look amazing. Definitely the right decision to stay at Anfield.

I know I've said this before and sound like a broken record but that's the view from a helicopter or a drone. This is the view that matters:

Old? Yes. Outdated? No. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: December 4, 2020, 10:02:40 am »

I think its been done to death on this forum, but short of maybe the Kop expanding capacity through safe-standing, I don´t think it is ever going get expanded further back.

I think the main way to have it retain its unique status going forward would for it to become the grounds only all-standing side. I would say that is maybe increasingly likely going forwards, depending on steepness restrictions, as all the signs point towards safe-standing being introduced to top-flight English football sooner or later.

Looking at the Anny Road as well, if they could sort out of the facilities to enable it, I would say that Lower Tier is also a prime location for the possibility of standing spaces.

Obviously the Kops reputation always stemmed from those on it. But they´re getting older year on year. And in terms of being architecturally imposing, this Anny Road second tier makes it look tiny.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: December 4, 2020, 10:04:12 am »
I think its been done to death on this forum, but short of maybe the Kop expanding capacity through safe-standing, I don´t think it is ever going get expanded further back.

I think the main way to have it retain its unique status going forward would for it to become the grounds only all-standing side. I would say that is maybe increasingly likely going forwards, depending on steepness restrictions, as all the signs point towards safe-standing being introduced to top-flight English football sooner or later.

Looking at the Anny Road as well, if they could sort out of the facilities to enable it, I would say that Lower Tier is also a prime location for the possibility of standing spaces.

Obviously the Kops reputation always stemmed from those on it. But they´re getting older year on year. And in terms of being architecturally imposing, this Anny Road second tier makes it look tiny.

I agree with this.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: December 4, 2020, 10:43:29 am »

As opposed to... going sideways? Up and down? Back to the future?!  ::)
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #739 on: December 4, 2020, 10:53:01 am »
I know I've said this before and sound like a broken record but that's the view from a helicopter or a drone. This is the view that matters:

Old? Yes. Outdated? No.

Deffo, all standing would be even better.

The beauty of the kop is that it’s dark and imposing. It’s that dark you struggle to see where it ends.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2020, 10:55:14 am by AnthonyStabile »

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: December 4, 2020, 11:12:54 am »
For me this new Anny Road, coupled with an all standing Kop and and all-standing lower Anny and the stadium would be perfect (or rather perfectly imperfect!). I honestly don´t see what more could be added within the current confines.

As opposed to... going sideways? Up and down? Back to the future?!  ::)

It´s definitely not going back over the Walton Breck Road - that´s my main point!  ;D

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Main Stander
« Reply #741 on: December 4, 2020, 11:53:00 am »
If 1:1.25 safe standing was allowed and they added rail seats to accommodate this to the kop and lower ARE you could increase capacity by a further 4K taking the total to 65k.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: December 4, 2020, 11:54:07 am »
Said it before but if the KOP stayed exactly as it was (although converted to safe standing) and the KD got redeveloped in line with the other two then that would be my perfect Anfield configuration.  Standing on the KOP would feel like the Alamo, surrounded on all sides, back to the wall, I think it would lead to a great atmosphere in there.

There's always going to be a limit to how big you can make a single tier anyway and I'd hate to see it go more than one tier, so leave it as it is and it will be the KOP against the world.

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Main Stander
« Reply #743 on: December 4, 2020, 12:03:38 pm »
We’ll probably be the last to implement it for obvious reasons but safe standing is inevitable at some point. Provide more than 1:1 is allowed you can increase your capacity for minimum outlay so its a no brainer.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: December 4, 2020, 12:18:11 pm »
Oh boy when that issue is raised by the club in the future to do it or not, it's going to be hell.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: December 4, 2020, 01:19:11 pm »
Love the look of the new extension, really fantastic.

I wondered whether the placing of the away fans will fall foul of the requirement to have away fans at pitchside level - does anyone know if it has to be all of the away fans or just some/specific %?

I assume this would have been thought of already.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #746 on: December 4, 2020, 01:23:46 pm »
Just some of them otherwise Man City and others wouldn't be able to split them over a few tiers like they do no

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #747 on: December 4, 2020, 01:26:55 pm »

I wondered whether the placing of the away fans will fall foul of the requirement to have away fans at pitchside level - does anyone know if it has to be all of the away fans or just some/specific %?

Some.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: December 4, 2020, 01:54:43 pm »

If you want to be pedantic, only the front row is pitchside anyway.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #749 on: December 4, 2020, 11:53:28 pm »
If theres no truss, what the fuck is holding the roof up??
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #750 on: December 5, 2020, 12:38:40 am »
If theres no truss, what the fuck is holding the roof up??

I imagine it’s internal.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: December 5, 2020, 12:46:04 am »
When you look at the overall stadium, you do realise that The Kop is probably at its limit for a single tier stand.  Unless we want to break with tradition and add a tier then the only reasonable alternative is safe standing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #752 on: December 5, 2020, 01:57:02 am »
When you look at the overall stadium, you do realise that The Kop is probably at its limit for a single tier stand.  Unless we want to break with tradition and add a tier then the only reasonable alternative is safe standing.

There are almost certainly other options, but yeah safe standing is the obvious easy option in the short term.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #753 on: December 5, 2020, 03:03:30 am »
Said it before but if the KOP stayed exactly as it was (although converted to safe standing) and the KD got redeveloped in line with the other two then that would be my perfect Anfield configuration.  Standing on the KOP would feel like the Alamo, surrounded on all sides, back to the wall, I think it would lead to a great atmosphere in there.

There's always going to be a limit to how big you can make a single tier anyway and I'd hate to see it go more than one tier, so leave it as it is and it will be the KOP against the world.

I pretty much agree with that.

I'm not bothered about the Kop being the biggest end in the country or stuff like that. The Holte End at Villa was always bigger than the Spion Kop, yet it never had anything like the same reputation. Most people wouldn't even know what Villa's 'end' was called, yet virtually everyone knows the Anfield Spion Kop.

To be honest, I always felt that the Spion Kop was sort of like a theatre. The other three sides of the ground look towards the Kop all the time. I've been in all sections of our ground, and I'd spend half my time watching the Kop. As I said, it was like a theatre, and theatres tend to have a small stage but towering balconies looking over them. With a standing Kop and an expanded Anny and Kenny, the Kop would almost feel like a theatre to perform from as fans once more.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #754 on: December 5, 2020, 05:28:17 am »
I pretty much agree with that.

I'm not bothered about the Kop being the biggest end in the country or stuff like that. The Holte End at Villa was always bigger than the Spion Kop, yet it never had anything like the same reputation. Most people wouldn't even know what Villa's 'end' was called, yet virtually everyone knows the Anfield Spion Kop.

To be honest, I always felt that the Spion Kop was sort of like a theatre. The other three sides of the ground look towards the Kop all the time. I've been in all sections of our ground, and I'd spend half my time watching the Kop. As I said, it was like a theatre, and theatres tend to have a small stage but towering balconies looking over them. With a standing Kop and an expanded Anny and Kenny, the Kop would almost feel like a theatre to perform from as fans once more.

FSG have announced big red curtains in front of the Kop as Phase 3

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
« Reply #755 on: December 5, 2020, 11:53:27 pm »
Does anyone know if the pitch will be extended to uefa requirements so we can stage future finals etc?
« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 11:57:17 pm by Mo2000 »
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #756 on: December 6, 2020, 03:40:58 am »
Does anyone know if the pitch will be extended to uefa requirements so we can stage future finals etc?

Doesn't appear so.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #757 on: December 6, 2020, 09:38:34 am »

Lower tier is remaining so I doubt pitch will be extended. Capacity is probably a bigger issue anyway as think they want closer to 70k to host finals.

We’re a UEFA 4* stadium though, so not sure pitch size is much of an issue.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #758 on: December 6, 2020, 09:41:29 am »
Pitch size is an issue for finals, its too small at Anfield but we can't extend the pitch without screwing up sight lines from the other stands

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: December 6, 2020, 10:19:12 am »
Didn't notice in the plans any special features for making hosting concerts etc easier. Know we've applied for permission to be a permanent venue. Was there anything?