Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2876938 times)

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #13880 on: January 18, 2021, 11:57:20 am »
Made Shaw look world class. Seems defenders have found the way to play him. 

Or maybe he has had a drop off in form.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13881 on: January 18, 2021, 12:03:34 pm »
I think a change of formation might be good for everybody and hopefully reignite the dynamic to our play.

4-2-3-1 for a consistent set of games. Allow the front four to be switching places more often and create overloads.

Salah
Shaqiri Firmino Mane

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13882 on: January 18, 2021, 12:28:41 pm »
Shaw is a very decent one vs one defender, he gets tight and he's quick and strong.  The way to beat that is to play round him (which is tricky given his size), but our creativity in midfield is really lacking.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #13883 on: January 18, 2021, 01:00:25 pm »
Did 4231 ever work for us?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13884 on: January 18, 2021, 01:16:33 pm »
Did 4231 ever work for us?

Klopp tried it when he first came here because it was his go-to at Dortmund, and we've gone back to it a few times but it's never really clicked for us.  You need a proper target man up top to get the best out of it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #13885 on: January 18, 2021, 01:40:40 pm »
He seems to have lost his ability to beat a player. If played in behind where he is able to run onto the pass and score, he is electric still, but we cant do that when the majority of teams sit deep.

When faced with a 1v1 or when he picks the ball up out wide and runs into the box, in the majority of situations he just runs at the defender and it's really easy to defend against.

It breaks down the attack time and time again - it's not a new thing though, its been happening for around 12-18 months
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #13886 on: January 18, 2021, 01:54:31 pm »
Players are allowed to man handle Salah, in fact it is open season. Yet in spite of all that he has 13 goals in the league and is well on course to hit 20 yet again in the league. He is having a dip in form along with many of his team mates. He will soon be bursting past players and doing what he does better than anyone else in the team.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13887 on: January 18, 2021, 05:09:05 pm »
Asked where his future lies by Norwegian channel TV2, Salah said: 'I do not know.

'If you ask, I say I want to stay here as long as I can, but as I have said before, it is in the hands of the club.
Champions

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13888 on: January 18, 2021, 05:10:10 pm »
Asked where his future lies by Norwegian channel TV2, Salah said: 'I do not know.

'If you ask, I say I want to stay here as long as I can, but as I have said before, it is in the hands of the club.

As strong a hint that he wants a new contract that you will get.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13889 on: January 18, 2021, 05:14:18 pm »

you can tell he isnt happy that no new contract in being discussed yet.
Probably an indication we will look to sell in the summer

Fab & VVD are piorities according to some reports.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13890 on: January 18, 2021, 05:16:29 pm »
you can tell he isnt happy that no new contract in being discussed yet.
Probably an indication we will look to sell in the summer

Fab & VVD are piorities according to some reports.

Very much doubt it, he is our best attacker.

There is a chance we could be dragging all contract talks a bit because as the financial situation becomes clearer, we can get an extension with a reduced amount.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13891 on: January 18, 2021, 05:29:12 pm »
Sell him, he's shit.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #13892 on: January 18, 2021, 05:34:20 pm »
Sell him, he's shit.

No wait. Maybe he can play backup as a CB. Might be useful there, with his pace. Best keep him.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13893 on: January 18, 2021, 05:56:23 pm »
I think he's probably off in the summer. Firstly because that interview and the press speculation feels like the early days of a transfer saga, and secondly because he looks the least settled of the front three right now and all three are coming up to two years left on their contracts. Giving a 29 year old a big, lengthy contract when their numbers have dropped for the last two years is something Arsenal would do, it's not something a well-run club does. And going by his body language, he doesn't look as relaxed as he did a couple of years ago, Perhaps he feels like he could do with a new challenge.

In a wider sense however, the club is going to have to make some tough decisions with contracts and sales soon. Virg, Fabinho, Hendo, Shaq, Keita, Ox and the front three are all coming up to two years left this summer, and all of them bar Keita are going to be around the 29-31 mark when their current contracts expire in 2023. An extension will take them to the 32-34 mark with sizeable wages and spiralling resale value.

You can't renew all of them, otherwise you're left with a team that's aged together, like Leeds in the mid-70's, us in the early 90's or the Mancs when Fergie left (or Barcelona last summer). And no matter how dominant a club are, a team in that bracket can fall off quickly if they rely on a lot of older players. That may be exacrebated considering the intense pressing style Klopp favours. I'm not saying Salah is out the door necessarily, but some players will be for sure and almost certainly at least one of the regular frontmen.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13894 on: January 18, 2021, 05:59:58 pm »
I think he's probably off in the summer. Firstly because that interview and the press speculation feels like the early days of a transfer saga, and secondly because he looks the least settled of the front three right now and all three are coming up to two years left on their contracts. Giving a 29 year old a big, lengthy contract when their numbers have dropped for the last two years is something Arsenal would do, it's not something a well-run club does. And going by his body language, he doesn't look as relaxed as he did a couple of years ago, Perhaps he feels like he could do with a new challenge.

In a wider sense however, the club is going to have to make some tough decisions with contracts and sales soon. Virg, Fabinho, Hendo, Shaq, Keita, Ox and the front three are all coming up to two years left this summer, and all of them bar Keita are going to be around the 29-31 mark when their current contracts expire in 2023. An extension will take them to the 32-34 mark with sizeable wages and spiralling resale value.

You can't renew all of them, otherwise you're left with a team that's aged together, like Leeds in the mid-70's, us in the early 90's or the Mancs when Fergie left (or Barcelona last summer). And no matter how dominant a club are, a team in that bracket can fall off quickly if they rely on a lot of older players. That may be exacrebated considering the intense pressing style Klopp favours. I'm not saying Salah is out the door necessarily, but some players will be for sure and almost certainly at least one of the regular frontmen.

Rubbish. How does he look the less settled when he is the best performing out the three, unless you’re privy to personal information we all don’t know about?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13895 on: January 18, 2021, 06:02:12 pm »
As strong a hint that he wants a new contract that you will get.

I never doubted it for a second, if we offer him a new one he will sign why wouldn't he?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13896 on: January 18, 2021, 06:10:45 pm »
Needs to be played more centrally for a bit I think.  He isn't getting into the box anywhere near enough and is being left with far too much to do by himself out on the right wing.  He may as well be doubled up on and manhandled in the box rather than out on the touchline.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13897 on: January 18, 2021, 06:20:30 pm »
Never heard so much rubbish spouted about a player when he has a bit of a dip.

Saw Don Hutchinson on ESPN earlier saying Liverpool have "carried Salah for a month". That's right. We#re carrying the top scorer in the league.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13898 on: January 18, 2021, 06:34:59 pm »

Saw Don Hutchinson on ESPN earlier saying Liverpool have "carried Salah for a month". That's right. We#re carrying the top scorer in the league.
And that c*nt Chris Sutton saying Salah's scared right now.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13899 on: January 18, 2021, 06:39:39 pm »

And that c*nt Chris Sutton saying Salah's scared right now.

Don Hutchinson and Chris Sutton are MD1990 and Naby Lad!!!  8)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13900 on: January 18, 2021, 07:30:19 pm »

It's true though, Liverpool had carried him for half a season now. I mean, he's only leading the top PL scorer chart, it's not like he scored twice as much as the next guy. Poor scared sulking Salah...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13901 on: January 18, 2021, 08:00:23 pm »
Haha some of the comments in here  :lmao :lmao

He's having a dip that's all and he's still top scorer
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13902 on: January 18, 2021, 08:05:23 pm »
To be fair, he runs a bit funny, quick like, but funny and he's gozzy. Thats not sustainable for his Xg rating.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13903 on: January 18, 2021, 08:48:56 pm »
It's mad (some) people's opinion of him. He's our best attacker. He's entitled to "poor form". Sure other players would like to be in "bad form" and be top goalscorer still.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #13904 on: January 18, 2021, 09:10:49 pm »
To be fair, he runs a bit funny, quick like, but funny and he's gozzy. Thats not sustainable for his Xg rating.

😜 In all seriousness, just show him the highlights reel currently playing on LFCTV. It demonstrates to me just how significantly his form has dipped - and how lacking in the aggressiveness of his game when in his pomp.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13905 on: January 18, 2021, 10:39:36 pm »
Ever since his first season, people have been going on about him leaving the following window, rinse and repeat. Body language experts out and about in full force again

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13906 on: January 18, 2021, 10:43:54 pm »
He has 17 goals in 25 appearances... why is there some weird obsession with him not being on form?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #13907 on: January 18, 2021, 10:48:30 pm »
It may well be instructions, though. He seems to be playing deeper and taking up positions further from goal, and being more cautious and taking fewer risks. But then so does everyone, which might suggest a more cautious overall approach to counteract the defensive and midfield fralities.

And he seems to be a yard further behind at any given moment, less likely to be present to pounce on Robbo's crosses or balls across the face of goal. I don't know; players don't suddenly become bad overnight or stop doing what used to work, though fans love to claim so. It usually signals a tactical or personnel change, or physcial (fitness) issues.

This is exactly how I see it. Our weakness in defence has the whole team playing further back. Full backs (particularly Trent) spending less time going forward and that has a knock on effect at the business end. Fabinho has been amazing, but he isn't Virgil. Or Gomez for that matter.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13908 on: January 18, 2021, 11:17:48 pm »
He has 17 goals in 25 appearances... why is there some weird obsession with him not being on form?

Because he’s got zero in the last 4?

He is a bit out of form as are a few in our squad - not the end of the world and I’m sure he’ll be back to his best soon enough.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #13909 on: January 18, 2021, 11:39:21 pm »
“If you ask, I say I want to stay here as long as I can, but as I have said before, it is in the hands of the club.”

Looks like he has taken a leaf out of Brexit negotiations.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13910 on: January 19, 2021, 11:40:18 am »
Ever since his first season, people have been going on about him leaving the following window, rinse and repeat. Body language experts out and about in full force again

I don't understand these 'body language experts', do they ever look at his face? He is the happiest looking player we have, his smile is just brilliant after a move even if it breaks down. The guy is having a dip in form, along with a lot of others, but a dip in form for the best forward in the league is most noticeable I guess.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #13911 on: January 19, 2021, 12:53:32 pm »
yes that's all well and good - but have we sold him yet?

rashford looks like he could be made available - and we get free meals too so what's not to like

seeya mo  :wave

never have forgiven him for smashing that kid's face in when him called him shit

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #13912 on: January 19, 2021, 01:13:58 pm »
“If you ask, I say I want to stay here as long as I can, but as I have said before, it is in the hands of the club.”
A bit of perspective.
These types of words can be said by any player in any era. Loyal or disloyal. Happy or unhappy. Nothing in them.
Probably would have been the same words that Ian Rush (club legend) would've said in private at the time he left us for Juve.
He also cam back to us after Juve.
 ;D

Bottom line: nothing in it.

Enjoy the great players we have. Starting with are Mo!

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13913 on: January 19, 2021, 01:32:56 pm »
He gets manhandled every single game and gets nothing from it. The one time he went down after being grappled, against Newcastle, he was slaughtered by the usual reactionary sensationalist mob because anti-Liverpool propaganda gets them the most attention from the braindead neutrals. He's a brilliant footballer playing for Liverpool, people hate Liverpool, therefore any opportunity to stir up some controversy is firmly grasped with both hands.

Just a selection of headlines about a simply brilliant footballer from the English press:

- Mo Salah accused of diving AGAIN
- Mohamed Salah’s dive showed game Nobby Stiles loved is disappearing
- Mohamed Salah cheating eases Liverpool to win
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah Branded A Cheat For Shocking Dive
- Gary Neville explains why Mo Salah will leave Liverpool

And my personal favourite was a tweet from Sky Sports at the beginning of 2018/19 (a season where he recorded 27 goals & 12 assists) titled "WHAT'S UP WITH SALAH??" because he hadn't scored for a couple of games. Article then went on to cite rumours of his impending departure.

And his alleged "feud" with Mane - Don't even get me started on Sky shoving their cameras in their faces whenever the other elects to shoot rather than pass.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13914 on: January 19, 2021, 02:08:06 pm »
He gets manhandled every single game and gets nothing from it. The one time he went down after being grappled, against Newcastle, he was slaughtered by the usual reactionary sensationalist mob because anti-Liverpool propaganda gets them the most attention from the braindead neutrals. He's a brilliant footballer playing for Liverpool, people hate Liverpool, therefore any opportunity to stir up some controversy is firmly grasped with both hands.

Just a selection of headlines about a simply brilliant footballer from the English press:

And my personal favourite was a tweet from Sky Sports at the beginning of 2018/19 (a season where he recorded 27 goals & 12 assists) titled "WHAT'S UP WITH SALAH??" because he hadn't scored for a couple of games. Article then went on to cite rumours of his impending departure.

And his alleged "feud" with Mane - Don't even get me started on Sky shoving their cameras in their faces whenever the other elects to shoot rather than pass.
It's all one big pantomime directed by those who make coin off of it. Heroes n villains. Drama, suspense and intrigue. Keeps the punters engaged.

Bread and circus  :)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13915 on: January 19, 2021, 02:09:07 pm »

Bang on.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13916 on: January 19, 2021, 02:10:44 pm »

Bread and circus  :)
Cheap mingebag fuckers. At least the Romans offered circuses plural
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 02:37:14 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13917 on: January 19, 2021, 02:13:12 pm »
Cheap mingebag fuckers. At least the Romans offered ciruses plural
Pedant!

Don't be so juvenal!!

;)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13918 on: January 19, 2021, 02:23:53 pm »

Check out this shite:

https://youtu.be/LrDEoTgfZ50

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13919 on: January 19, 2021, 02:39:28 pm »
Pedant!

Don't be so juvenal!!

;)
Sorry. Now back to our discussion of Naby Cato  ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D