Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 212156 times)

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #1680 on: May 21, 2019, 10:01:10 am »
Anyone in the Armed Forces?

You can enter a ballot for a ticket if you are a member on Tickets for Troops.

“I’d kill for a ticket”.
Long live the King

Offline Igor Biscuit please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1681 on: May 21, 2019, 10:04:42 am »
Anybody who was successful in getting their ticket after the main ballot winners.. ie 1-232 on the waiting got there ticket yet? Just wondering what day to expect it, I haven’t left the house for 2 days lol 

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: May 21, 2019, 10:06:21 am »
Anybody who was successful in getting their ticket after the main ballot winners.. ie 1-232 on the waiting got there ticket yet? Just wondering what day to expect it, I haven’t left the house for 2 days lol

I got in the main ballot but haven't received anything in the post, fyi. I think only the guaranteed sale have received theirs to date. I would except today/tomorrow.
YNWA.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #1683 on: May 21, 2019, 10:13:38 am »

That's just for the screening at Anfield isn't it? Unless I'm reading it wrong

Offline moody

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1684 on: May 21, 2019, 10:42:02 am »

I was successful on the waiting list . No tickets arrived yet . Just bought them on Saturday .

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #1685 on: May 21, 2019, 10:45:35 am »
Has anyone had any luck with getting tickets in the pre-sale for the official screening.  The ticketing site doesn't appear to be working properly.

EDIT

Apparently, you have to add 4 zeros to the start of your member number!!

Even then, you can only buy one ticket per transaction - so if you want to sit with others in the Auditorium you now have to ring and wait hours on hold.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:56:52 am by Istanbul Boy »

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1686 on: May 21, 2019, 11:23:19 am »
Has anyone had any luck with getting tickets in the pre-sale for the official screening.  The ticketing site doesn't appear to be working properly.

EDIT

Apparently, you have to add 4 zeros to the start of your member number!!

Even then, you can only buy one ticket per transaction - so if you want to sit with others in the Auditorium you now have to ring and wait hours on hold.

Yeah, that whole process was a disaster. 30 minutes on hold to basically be told off by someone for not booking online, before I pointed out that you can't buy multiple together and why on Earth would you want to go with someone - and then sit apart? Very well thought out. Not to mention, as someone pointed out in another thread, that if you were successful in the ballot but chose not to buy a ticket, you weren't eligible for this sale.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #1687 on: May 21, 2019, 11:42:04 am »
Found a solution. Whilst I was on hold on the landline, I logged on the website with 2 devices, one for each member card eligible,  and eventually managed to get 2 seats next to each other.  The system allocates you a seat, you can't choose one.  Had to keep changing the allocated seats on each login until I got two together. 

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1688 on: May 21, 2019, 11:47:11 am »
Anyone on the waiting list had a call today? Mate is still sweating on 313.
Long live the King

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: May 21, 2019, 11:53:06 am »
You'd think they would provide some kind of update by now !
PSN:lr3487

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #1690 on: May 21, 2019, 11:57:27 am »
You would also think that tickets purchased Friday with a £9.45 delivery charge might have arrived by now.

Robbing gets.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: May 21, 2019, 12:03:22 pm »
You would also think that tickets purchased Friday with a £9.45 delivery charge might have arrived by now.

Robbing gets.

Be fair, there's thousands of tickets to send out.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1692 on: May 21, 2019, 12:09:50 pm »
I don't know to be honest mate - I had seen on here that someone had said the stadium station would be shut. You could always get off at the station before, Las Musas which isn't far.

Always an option, im sure we will find out closer to the day - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
« Reply #1693 on: May 21, 2019, 12:27:28 pm »
Be fair, there's thousands of tickets to send out.

At £9.45 a pop next day should be guaranteed regardless.

That would have been Monday.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1694 on: May 21, 2019, 12:34:51 pm »
At £9.45 a pop next day should be guaranteed regardless.

That would have been Monday.

I'd be expecting them yesterday or today, surely. Tomorrow absolute latest.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: May 21, 2019, 12:36:07 pm »
They aren't sent via the club.
cyas

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #1696 on: May 21, 2019, 12:40:08 pm »
I'd be expecting them yesterday or today, surely. Tomorrow absolute latest.

It costs £1.90 to send a letter 'signed for' so that is all they should have charged.

£9.45 is guaranteed next day by 1pm cost.

Now if they don't post until say today and they arrive Weds by 1pm then ok yeah they can say it came next day from posting - but as that does not really mean anyone has got tickets quicker than just sending normal signed for on say Monday, then for me they should not be charging the £9.45.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: May 21, 2019, 12:47:01 pm »
Just did some maths. A popular(:o) tout website says they have sold 604 tickets for the final. Average price per ticket is around EUR 4,000.

That's over EUR 2,000,000. Wouldn't surprise me if the website falsifies the amount they've sold to drive up prices, but if true...

:o
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1698 on: May 21, 2019, 12:48:30 pm »
Considering they come via Royal Mail with a Special Delivery sticker on them, they should at the very most be charging the standard RM SD charge of £6.60 or whatever it is now. The company sending these out is making a killing.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #1699 on: May 21, 2019, 12:52:39 pm »
Considering they come via Royal Mail with a Special Delivery sticker on them, they should at the very most be charging the standard RM SD charge of £6.60 or whatever it is now. The company sending these out is making a killing.

Ah right so it is special delivery - in that case that is next day by 9am usually.

Makes it even worse that we are looking at Weds from a Friday order.

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #1700 on: May 21, 2019, 12:54:21 pm »

Yeh I had my Barca away ticket sent special delivery and it cost £5.65. I also received an email from Royal Mail telling me when they had received it and then another to tell me when they would deliver it. Didn’t get any of that for when my final ticket arrived the other day.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: May 21, 2019, 12:58:33 pm »
It costs £1.90 to send a letter 'signed for' so that is all they should have charged.

£9.45 is guaranteed next day by 1pm cost.

Now if they don't post until say today and they arrive Weds by 1pm then ok yeah they can say it came next day from posting - but as that does not really mean anyone has got tickets quicker than just sending normal signed for on say Monday, then for me they should not be charging the £9.45.

It is nothing to do with the time it takes. It is do with insurance.
Royal Mail Special Delivery with insurance up to £2.5k is £9.50

Good luck getting any compo if your tickets go missing on the £1.90 charge
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:03:07 pm by Craig S »

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #1702 on: May 21, 2019, 01:00:44 pm »
Having been to the Stadium in November, I would say stay in town for a bevvy, there really isn't that much around the Metropolitana. We walked a fair way towards the ground, there is the odd bar and restaurant here and there but not a lot. A few tins for the journey would be advisable.

I came away thinking lovely stadium, access is actually pretty good, apart from it being a bit out of Madrid, but the Atletico fans are pretty upset that they don't have all the bars and restaurants they had when they were at El stadio Vicente Calderon.

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #1703 on: May 21, 2019, 01:05:55 pm »
It is nothing to do with the time it takes. It is do with insurance.
Royal Mail Special Delivery with insurance up to £2.5k is £9.50

Good luck getting any compo if your tickets go missing on the £1.90 charge

And don't all those insured services usually have guaranteed delivery in terms of a day/next day?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1704 on: May 21, 2019, 01:08:06 pm »

You got a link please? Found the website but can't see that. Got a mate with no ticket with a holiday  in Madrid books months ago. His wife has a ticket but he doesn't - ex-RAF so that would be ideal. Thanks
We are a team of one half.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: May 21, 2019, 01:08:28 pm »
And don't all those insured services usually have guaranteed delivery in terms of a day/next day?

Once posted yes. But they have given no guarantees when they would post them, they are sorting 16k tickets

Its the same for every euro away, you pay the normal special delivery with up to £500 insurance, but the club don't send them next day. the average cost of these tickets is far higher so they have gone for the extra insurance.

I think thats also why they reduced the number down from 10 to 8, you can buy in one transaction
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:10:53 pm by Craig S »

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #1706 on: May 21, 2019, 01:14:21 pm »
Once posted yes. But they have given no guarantees when they would post them, they are sorting 16k tickets

Furry muff....seems a bit shabby to me like, but it is what it is

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: May 21, 2019, 01:14:27 pm »

Its the same for every euro away, you pay the normal special delivery with up to £500 insurance, but the club don't send them next day. the average cost of these tickets is far higher so they have gone for the extra insurance.

I think thats also why they reduced the number down from 10 to 8, you can buy in one transaction

This. Tix for guaranteed sale on Wednesday were only delivered on Saturday. They have to process a much larger number with the ballot sale,  tix will be with you soon. There is really nothing to start kicking off about atm.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: May 21, 2019, 01:33:25 pm »

Right happy bastard you ;D

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1709 on: May 21, 2019, 01:36:38 pm »
Compared to when LFC send tickets for out euro aways out, its not shabby at all. Our lot from the guaranteed sale last Wednesday arrived on Saturday...still 2 weeks before the match. If it had been LFC sending them out, they probably wouldn't have arrived until the beginning of next week.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #1710 on: May 21, 2019, 01:50:37 pm »
Right happy bastard you ;D
Only when i'm moaning!!

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: May 21, 2019, 01:50:50 pm »
Lets be honest they are massive mingebags for not footing the delivery costs themselves all things considered. But that's nothing new. Their whole attitude is crap and the nature of the calls to people on the waiting  list has epitomised them. Attitude of 'how much can you pay' instead of 'here's what we have available' and for postage its, you'll get them when you get them.

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #1712 on: May 21, 2019, 01:51:59 pm »
Compared to when LFC send tickets for out euro aways out, its not shabby at all. Our lot from the guaranteed sale last Wednesday arrived on Saturday...still 2 weeks before the match. If it had been LFC sending them out, they probably wouldn't have arrived until the beginning of next week.

Fair do's.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1713 on: May 21, 2019, 01:59:46 pm »
Just did some maths. A popular(:o) tout website says they have sold 604 tickets for the final. Average price per ticket is around EUR 4,000.

That's over EUR 2,000,000. Wouldn't surprise me if the website falsifies the amount they've sold to drive up prices, but if true...

:o
That local Spanish website thelocal.es said Stubhub was an 'authorised resale site' - there are hundreds of Cat 4 tickets (plus other Cat's) for sale on there in the Liverpool & Spurs ends upwards from 5,100 Euro each ! How can these be legit - they can't all be touted surely ? Uefa did warn of fakes - but this is supposedly an 'authorised resale site'....whatever that means !  :no

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: May 21, 2019, 02:11:18 pm »
Sold out on position 282

Prayers for whoever is #283

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1715 on: May 21, 2019, 02:17:50 pm »
Sold out on position 282

So the waitlist sale started on 233 and there were about 80 left before they went off sale @ 0800 on Sunday yet its 'sold out' on 282...something doesn't add up.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1716 on: May 21, 2019, 02:20:20 pm »
That local Spanish website thelocal.es said Stubhub was an 'authorised resale site' - there are hundreds of Cat 4 tickets (plus other Cat's) for sale on there in the Liverpool & Spurs ends upwards from 5,100 Euro each ! How can these be legit - they can't all be touted surely ? Uefa did warn of fakes - but this is supposedly an 'authorised resale site'....whatever that means !  :no

In order to re-sell football tickets in the UK (not sure what the law states in Spain) you have to be authorised by the organiser of the 'event'. So, StubHub and ViaGoGo have agreements in place with various clubs to act as 're-seller', for example. The amount that they sell the tickets for is then determined by demand for the match in question. In this case, huge demand, extremely limited supply - extortionately expensive prices. I assume that they have a similar agreement with UEFA for the Champions League, although I haven't checked.

The whole 'authorised seller' loophole to get around the law preventing re-sale of football tickets is a disgrace to be honest, and more so, the fact that numerous clubs have 'agreements' in place with these companies.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:22:45 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1717 on: May 21, 2019, 02:21:40 pm »
Sold out on position 282

I like the club are being transparent but if I was #283 I’d rather not know

Offline guigy

• Kopite
  • OurClubOurShirt.com
« Reply #1718 on: May 21, 2019, 03:02:54 pm »
To miss out on the bubble at 283 - Now that would be hard to take!!! - glad not to have been within 4000 of that.
one of Eamon Dunphy’s favourite observations: “He’s an arsehole - but he’s not a great arsehole.”

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1719 on: May 21, 2019, 03:04:52 pm »
Sold out on position 282

Skimmed some there. Defo more than 51 when the last sale ended.
Long live the King