Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 212170 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #1520 on: May 18, 2019, 04:17:07 pm »
I'm about to book on those flights. It's only an hour from the stadium to airport on foot if necessary.

I'd plan your route mate and stick to it. Was looking on GM last night when bored and theres lots of motorways with footbridges or perhaps subways if I remember correctly . Dont be legging it across a motorway when your pissed.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1521 on: May 18, 2019, 04:19:06 pm »
Anyone interested in 1 x return flight to Madrid from Manchester?

MCR-MADRID 10.15am Thursday 30th
MADRID-MCR 7am Sunday 2nd

It'll cost £450 including the price of changing the names on the ticket. DM me if so.

This still available if anyone’s interested.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1522 on: May 18, 2019, 04:19:23 pm »
In an ideal world, the club would send a letter with details of where to pick up tickets in Madrid,
and inside that will be a metro pass... but I won’t hold my breath.

Gutted never got them sent to me now - didn’t realise they’d be so quick. Leave for Spain middle
Of next week and thought they wouldn’t be here in time.
When exactly will you be in Madrid ? Apparently, the metro will be severely disrupted between 20 - 23 May due to a strike by the train drivers union.

https://www.metromadrid.es/sites/default/files/documentos/Home/Paros%20huelgas/Aviso%20paro_20_21_22_23_mayo_2019.pdf

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1523 on: May 18, 2019, 04:27:37 pm »
Still about 70 tickets available - wonder if they'll extend the waiting list numbers beyond 232 ? Still up to 8am tomorrow, mind - but would have thought they'd have gone by now.

Online Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #1524 on: May 18, 2019, 04:53:38 pm »
When exactly will you be in Madrid ? Apparently, the metro will be severely disrupted between 20 - 23 May due to a strike by the train drivers union.

https://www.metromadrid.es/sites/default/files/documentos/Home/Paros%20huelgas/Aviso%20paro_20_21_22_23_mayo_2019.pdf

Not in Madrid until morning of the game - making a jolly of it in the Costa Blanca first, but thanks
for the info anyway

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: May 18, 2019, 05:55:28 pm »
Vueling have reduced their prices of anyone is still looking for flights.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1526 on: May 18, 2019, 05:55:44 pm »
Obviously the pre-match concert is the real reason we all want to be there!  :-\ >:(

I'll be honest it was the last thing I wanted last year but there is another....

"IMAGINE DRAGONS TO KICK OFF BIG FINAL
Renowned Grammy-winning rock band Imagine Dragons will bring the explosive energy of their live shows to the opening ceremony of the 2019 UEFA Champions League Final.

Lead singer Dan Reynolds said he is honoured to perform for “tImagine Dragons actuarán en la Final de la Champions League de Madridhe most passionate sports fans on the planet”, and he’s sure that what’s going to happen in Madrid “will be an amazing experience”.

For the fourth consecutive year, the opening ceremony of the final will be a truly unique performance, combining the worlds of music, entertainment and sport. But this year it will be a huge production never seen before in a UEFA Champions League Final.

Imagine Dragons will jump on to the pitch just 10 minutes before the most important European club match this season kicks off, and will be broadcast live to more than 200 countries around the world."

I have no idea who they are  :-[ A rock band from the US? Have to say, that seems a bit more appropriate than last year's poppy shite! (imo)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:00:58 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1527 on: May 18, 2019, 06:00:12 pm »
These finals are often better planned than people think. Especially airports - they don't mess around.

For example at the airports (especially Liverpool), expect to be held in the entrance, before you can go through to check in, to avoid then being overwhelmed.
With SportOptions you usually get your outbound AND return printed - so no check in upon return. I don't know for Vueling.
Then the flights whilst maybe not going bang on time, are well run - the airports are safety first so it's all done well.
Then so often some transport into the city centre from the airport, and volunteers there to help out with info - remember half the time these events are to showcase a city as well so they want to make a good impression.
I think for Madrid the transport card suggests relying on the (decent) metro than buses but we will see.

Return after the game - expecting buses - if not - metro. It will stay open all night I'm guessing. They usually hold you somewhere until your flight time order, then transport you, again (be that bus or metro) to avoid the airport being overwhelmed. Usually works well.

Kiev was done really well. I'm thinking maybe as Madrid is big and already has the infrastructure it won't need to do a lot of the additional buses that Kiev did though.

Also don't forget that 60k people attend this stadium every other week so there's no issues with that - and Madrid metro is massive, Madrid as a city is massive, and the airport I think is the second largest in Europe after CDG and 6th busiest in Europe.

I'm expecting it will all be well planned.

i didnt do plane in kiev or basle but if athens or istanbul were anything to go by the organisation went to bollocks as soon as fans started arriving back at the airport. everyone was bunking on any plane going home

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1528 on: May 18, 2019, 06:01:39 pm »
The Metro usually closes at 1.30am when I've been before before, if people need to get to the airport but think they'll have a bevy first may miss the last service?
whats the point of the 5am to 5am tickets thingy then?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1529 on: May 18, 2019, 06:03:52 pm »
Our designated coach transfer last year left way before it was meant to without warning. We sat on the wall for ages totally oblivious then went to our stop but there was no sign. Luckily there were general buses back for any flight so we got one of those just in time. Lack of information I would say, as the general info desk told us to wait but our flight was not listed ::) It was all ok but not great by any means.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1530 on: May 18, 2019, 06:09:17 pm »
Fan Zones

Both Fan Zones will have activities, food, drink and music during the day of the match. The Fan Zones will close at 6pm when supporters with tickets will be expected to start making their way to the stadium and those without tickets to local bars to watch the game live.

Liverpool’s Fan Zone will be in Felipe II square(also known as Salvador Dalí square) in Madrid on match day. The nearest Metro stop for Liverpool fans is Goya Station where you can take a direct train on Line 2 (red line) to Las Rosas. There is a short walk to the stadium from Las Rosas station.
There will also be a UEFA Champions League Festival in the centre of Madrid on the days running up to and on the day of the match. This Festival includes various football-related activities and concerts.

At the match

Tottenham fans with general tickets will access the Metropolitano Stadium through gate 17, located in the North end of the stadium (FONDO NORTE).

Liverpool fans with general tickets will access the Metropolitano Stadium through gate 3, located in the South end of the stadium (FONDO SUR).

Access to the stadium for the Champions League final will be slow.

There will be exhaustive ticket checks at various checkpoints before getting to the stadium, including body searches before and after getting through the turnstiles.

To avoid a last minute bottleneck you should get to the stadium early - doors will be open for supporters three hours before kick-off.

Anyone who is obviously drunk or bearing racist insignia will be denied access to the stadium. Banners bearing political slogans will not be permitted inside the stadium.

Flares, fireworks, alcohol, cans, glass, bottle tops or containers over 1/2 litre are not allowed in the stadium.

Soft drinks and food are available inside the stadium.

One set of supporters may be kept behind for around 20-30 minutes after the match to allow the other set of fans to disperse. This will be decided by the Spanish Police on match day.

Other Tips

As in any other city beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers at airports, railway stations, around the town centre and when using public transport such as the metro.

Only carry what you need and leave spare cash and valuables in hotel safety deposits.

Madrid’s weather in June can be very hot and sunny with temperatures often over 30ºC (86ºF). It is advisable to avoid being directly in the sun at midday and late afternoon unless you use sun cream and head protection.

In Madrid, drinking alcohol in the street and on the metro is illegal and you can be fined or arrested for doing so.

Letting off flares around the city (including Fan Zones) is illegal. The Spanish Police have the right to intervene and confiscate flares.

Spanish police can deny access to the match if any these laws are violated.

Please keep tickets to the match securely in your possession.

It has been known for thieves to target ticket holders to steal and then sell on the black market. If tickets are lost or stolen, they will not be re-printed and you will not gain access to the stadium.

Spanish Police in collaboration with the clubs will be launching a service called FIT (Fan Information Team) the day before the match on twitter (FIT@policia).

This will be an information channel in English providing fans with real time news about the event, general information, security messages, etc.

Please note that this will not be an emergency channel. See below for contact details for the emergency services please visit the UEFA page regularly for any updates, in particular practical information for fans travelling to Madrid.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:13:32 pm by Shanklygates »

Offline call me red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1531 on: May 18, 2019, 06:14:38 pm »
[quote)
Is anyone else picking up their tickets for the final in Madrid? If so, where do we pick them up from? Thanks

In Barcelona it was from a hotel Just out the Town Center it was pretty easy to find and as long as you had your passport & Utility bill straight forward but there wasn`t many picking up when we was there. So it could be more of a problem if loads are picking up here.
I had to change to pick in Barca instead of Anfield & they said there would be option to pick up at the ground i didn`t need it but there was no mention of it in the e-mail i got the day before.
There was about 10 of them from the Ticket office, it just looked like a bit of a jolly for them.

Offline the3rdman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1532 on: May 18, 2019, 06:25:34 pm »
Anyone else booked a flight with sports options? I’m on the day trip but haven’t done it before and will be on my own until I met the lads over there. Anyone the same?

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: May 18, 2019, 07:08:47 pm »
Anyone else booked a flight with sports options? I’m on the day trip but haven’t done it before and will be on my own until I met the lads over there. Anyone the same?

Yeah same mate I’m meeting lads over there. Travelling to airport with a mate but I think we are on separate flights.

Which airport are you flying from?

Offline the3rdman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1534 on: May 18, 2019, 07:11:04 pm »
Flying from John Lennon. Supposed to get the details Monday.

First I was panicking about getting a ticket. Then worrying about sorting a flight. Now sending myself a bit mad thinking about transfers to and from the airport!

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: May 18, 2019, 08:11:46 pm »
Anyone else heard from reliable sources that a extra 1000 tickets are being made available with details being announced on Monday. Seen a few people tweet a out it but can't find anything else.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1536 on: May 18, 2019, 08:19:25 pm »

First I was panicking about getting a ticket. Then worrying about sorting a flight. Now sending myself a bit mad thinking about transfers to and from the airport!

Haha glad it’s not just me, wish somebody would just announce they’ll
Put buses on before and after for the airport, metro looks a right faff
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1537 on: May 18, 2019, 08:20:38 pm »

Yep same here, I think I’m literally just gonna ask others on the flight if they want to share a cab
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline the3rdman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1538 on: May 18, 2019, 08:27:14 pm »
Yep same here, I think I’m literally just gonna ask others on the flight if they want to share a cab

Look out for a bearded guy with glasses wondering what to do! That’ll be me!

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: May 18, 2019, 08:29:32 pm »
Anyone else heard from reliable sources that a extra 1000 tickets are being made available with details being announced on Monday. Seen a few people tweet a out it but can't find anything else.

who's tweeted that?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: May 18, 2019, 08:42:28 pm »
who's tweeted that?

3 randomers that my mates retweeted. Most probably bollocks like 95% of twitter
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1541 on: May 18, 2019, 09:32:20 pm »

I’ve just searched several variations of “extra tickets” “1000 tickets” “returned tickets” “available Monday” and can’t find any relevant tweets at all?

It seems unlikely. Only possible way I can think of would be if club are serious about clamping down on touts, have been able to identify tickets on resale sites, and are taking them away from original purchaser and reselling.

Would certainly fit with this: “As part of its commitment to tackle ticket touting, the club has created a test purchase programme to help protect supporters from purchasing via unauthorised ticketing sites. The programme aims to identify and stop these sales.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/350705-champions-league-final-ticket-advice-for-supporters

If that did happen I expect it would earn the club a lot of brownie points with fans and show they’re serious about touting.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 10:03:38 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1542 on: May 18, 2019, 09:45:43 pm »
Look out for a bearded guy with glasses wondering what to do! That’ll be me!

Haha will do, I think there are a lot of people in same position as those vueling flights sold quickly, wish the club or uefa would  make the airport transport clearer, if it’s the free metro card then there’s doubt that the metro is open beyond 1:30 a.m.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: May 18, 2019, 09:59:48 pm »
Is there a Fifa World Club Champ later in the year for the winner or have FIFA sacked it off?
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: May 18, 2019, 10:15:54 pm »
Is there a Fifa World Club Champ later in the year for the winner or have FIFA sacked it off?

Cancelled until 2021 when they want to do the 32 team, 4 yearly, tournament. The winners of this and the Europa would qualify but it looks highly likely uefa will boycott it.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: May 18, 2019, 10:27:44 pm »

Yeah I think next week they will send out travel vouchers and flight times. They said they are trying to arrange buses to take people back to the airport after the match

Offline ChrisSOSred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1546 on: May 18, 2019, 10:35:06 pm »
Thomas Cook could be going into administration. Time to look for new routes

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1547 on: May 18, 2019, 10:45:51 pm »
Yeah I think next week they will send out travel vouchers and flight times. They said they are trying to arrange buses to take people back to the airport after the match

Where did you hear about buses, not seen that, would be a relief if so

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1548 on: May 18, 2019, 11:03:51 pm »
It’s a real shame this had be structured, the wee Fifa patch would’ve been nice to wear on our shirts, tournament in all honesty is pretty pointless considering the standard of teams.

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: May 18, 2019, 11:08:06 pm »
I’ve just searched several variations of “extra tickets” “1000 tickets” “returned tickets” “available Monday” and can’t find any relevant tweets at all?

It seems unlikely. Only possible way I can think of would be if club are serious about clamping down on touts, have been able to identify tickets on resale sites, and are taking them away from original purchaser and reselling.

Would certainly fit with this: “As part of its commitment to tackle ticket touting, the club has created a test purchase programme to help protect supporters from purchasing via unauthorised ticketing sites. The programme aims to identify and stop these sales.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/350705-champions-league-final-ticket-advice-for-supporters

If that did happen I expect it would earn the club a lot of brownie points with fans and show they’re serious about touting.

That's not going to happen. The touts will still sell the tickets.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1550 on: May 18, 2019, 11:18:34 pm »
That's not going to happen. The touts will still sell the tickets.

They’ve said there’s an operation on. If they found the people listing before posting out the tickets the touts have nothing to sell.
Long live the King

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1551 on: May 18, 2019, 11:30:18 pm »
They’ve said there’s an operation on. If they found the people listing before posting out the tickets the touts have nothing to sell.

OK. I get you know. But once the touts get the tickets in their hands I doubt there's much TO could do? They might resell the seats but surely the touts will still have the cancelled tickets in their possession and able to sell them on to people. Regardless of whether the gain entry or not?

So there could be more tickets on sale but a lot of angry supporters at the gates who can't get in!
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1552 on: May 19, 2019, 12:07:26 am »
OK. I get you know. But once the touts get the tickets in their hands I doubt there's much TO could do? They might resell the seats but surely the touts will still have the cancelled tickets in their possession and able to sell them on to people. Regardless of whether the gain entry or not?

So there could be more tickets on sale but a lot of angry supporters at the gates who can't get in!

This is too simplistic a view I know but... if people don't buy from touts, they wont have this problem.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1553 on: May 19, 2019, 12:17:23 am »
This is too simplistic a view I know but... if people don't buy from touts, they wont have this problem.
Spot on. Those that buy from touts are feeding the problem, not trying to help eradicate it.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1554 on: May 19, 2019, 12:35:35 am »
i would not like to be a tout on the streets of Madrid

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: May 19, 2019, 07:10:20 am »
Where did you hear about buses, not seen that, would be a relief if so

I emailed them to ask about that and they replied saying if there are no shuttle buses they have 50 buses on hold to take us back to the airport after the match.

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1556 on: May 19, 2019, 08:07:12 am »
I’ve got a child’s ticket. Fles anyone know if it will have child written on it.  Might make it harder for me to get in

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1557 on: May 19, 2019, 08:48:17 am »
I emailed them to ask about that and they replied saying if there are no shuttle buses they have 50 buses on hold to take us back to the airport after the match.

Who did you email ? The club ?

Offline mart

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1558 on: May 19, 2019, 09:30:11 am »
I’ve got a child’s ticket. Fles anyone know if it will have child written on it.  Might make it harder for me to get in

Last year it had “youth package - child” written on the ticket

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: May 19, 2019, 09:46:25 am »
Who did you email ? The club ?

No, Sport Options