Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 212150 times)

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #1480 on: May 18, 2019, 09:37:12 am »
Tickets just dropped from first sale with a metro/transport card with it. Had no  Royal Mail text or email
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: May 18, 2019, 09:38:48 am »
Just signed for tickets too...no email or text warning..looks like the outsourced company Ticketzone have distributed them again

Royal Mail or a courier?

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1482 on: May 18, 2019, 09:39:28 am »
Yes about another 30 or 40 I think as some people won't pay for the more expensive ones

There’s only £154 tickets left. But I’d expect some to filter back into sale. Always do. We’ve got a 313 and expecting a late phone call after it all appears to be sold out.
Long live the King

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #1483 on: May 18, 2019, 09:42:33 am »
Royal Mail or a courier?

Royal Mail me Phil
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: May 18, 2019, 10:29:16 am »
Royal Mail me Phil

Ta. We’re all away and I had a temporary breakdown they’d go missing. All sorted and arrived.

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1485 on: May 18, 2019, 10:59:04 am »
Anyone had Thomas Cook cancel on them this morning because of not being successful in the ballot? I just had the email. Why did they not wait till after all the waiting-list sales to do that? I am number 54, so I am guaranteed a ticket this morning and now they've cancelled my flight. I'm absolutely furious.  :no

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1486 on: May 18, 2019, 11:05:53 am »
Anyone had Thomas Cook cancel on them this morning because of not being successful in the ballot? I just had the email. Why did they not wait till after all the waiting-list sales to do that? I am number 54, so I am guaranteed a ticket this morning and now they've cancelled my flight. I'm absolutely furious.  :no

I'd ring ASAP mate. I guess they have to have a cut off time, but you've met the criteria. Let us know how you get on.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: May 18, 2019, 11:08:48 am »
Received 7 tickets but only 5 travel passes

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1488 on: May 18, 2019, 11:11:41 am »
I'd ring ASAP mate. I guess they have to have a cut off time, but you've met the criteria. Let us know how you get on.

I am on hold and I have tweeted at them too. They are supposed to be liaising with the Club over who's got tickets, so it's rank incompetence on someone's part that they didn't wait till all ticket sales are over!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1489 on: May 18, 2019, 12:01:18 pm »
I am on hold and I have tweeted at them too. They are supposed to be liaising with the Club over who's got tickets, so it's rank incompetence on someone's part that they didn't wait till all ticket sales are over!
Yeah, that really is bad mate - hope you get sorted.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1490 on: May 18, 2019, 12:06:32 pm »
Ticket arrived here too (with travel pass), came with Royal Mail but had to sign for it. Pleasantly surprised and also relieved as it would have been a faff to collect.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1491 on: May 18, 2019, 12:12:10 pm »
Yeah, that really is bad mate - hope you get sorted.

Cheers, mate. Now 75 minutes on hold. Haha. I have actually bought my match ticket while I have been waiting.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: May 18, 2019, 12:57:26 pm »
Do Thomas Cook just allocate you a flight or do you get to choose?

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1493 on: May 18, 2019, 12:58:40 pm »
Just to update.

I got to speak to someone after about 90 minutes. The reason they would have cancelled me, he said, was that they'd processed flight applications in order of ticket purchase and had run out in any case before getting to mine.

That's life, but the email should have said that, and they could have maybe had a recorded message when on hold to say they'd now sold out their flights from Liverpool, which would have saved me and probably other people a long wait.

Have now taken my chances with World Choice Sports (I feel a bit apprehensive after last year!) who still had some available seats.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: May 18, 2019, 01:02:38 pm »
The reason they would have cancelled me, he said, was that they'd processed flight applications in order of ticket purchase and had run out in any case before getting to mine.

I said this about 10 pages back, that if they are oversubscribing, they've got to have some good maths guessing, or potentially letting a few down.
Can't think what they best way of doing it is, but this has got to be disappointing.

I'm glad you're sorted now anyway. I think any day trip should be fine. The issue last time regarding plane size should not matter. Enjoy.

Offline boozle

• Main Stander
« Reply #1495 on: May 18, 2019, 01:02:45 pm »
Are the travel cards a day pass for 01/06 ?

Also, does anyone know where we will have to lock the tickets up from in Madrid?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: May 18, 2019, 01:07:55 pm »

Also, does anyone know where we will have to lock the tickets up from in Madrid?

I think it’s 5am to 5am.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: May 18, 2019, 01:08:21 pm »

The passes, which can be used on the Madrid metro system between 5am on Saturday June 1 and 5am on Sunday June 2, will be made available to all eligible supporters of Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/350643-public-transport-passes-provided-for-supporters-in-madrid
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1498 on: May 18, 2019, 01:09:36 pm »
Just to update.

I got to speak to someone after about 90 minutes. The reason they would have cancelled me, he said, was that they'd processed flight applications in order of ticket purchase and had run out in any case before getting to mine.

That's life, but the email should have said that, and they could have maybe had a recorded message when on hold to say they'd now sold out their flights from Liverpool, which would have saved me and probably other people a long wait.

Have now taken my chances with World Choice Sports (I feel a bit apprehensive after last year!) who still had some available seats.

There was a load of flights from Liverpool direct look at skyscanner cheaper than world sport options

Offline Ian Brown

• Main Stander
« Reply #1499 on: May 18, 2019, 01:18:19 pm »
Any idea where the ticket collection point will be in Madrid? Is it usually a hotel in a central location or something like that?

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1500 on: May 18, 2019, 01:20:50 pm »
The passes, which can be used on the Madrid metro system between 5am on Saturday June 1 and 5am on Sunday June 2, will be made available to all eligible supporters of Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/350643-public-transport-passes-provided-for-supporters-in-madrid

That sounds good. Any idea whether that covers getting from the airport into the city centre?

Offline QwertyQ

• Main Stander
« Reply #1501 on: May 18, 2019, 01:23:13 pm »
Do the tickets have any information with them?

I am worried about my son getting back to the airport for a 3:30am flight after the match.  I hope UEFA put busses on from the ground to the airport.
Liverpool - European capital of football

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1502 on: May 18, 2019, 01:24:06 pm »
I said this about 10 pages back, that if they are oversubscribing, they've got to have some good maths guessing, or potentially letting a few down.
Can't think what they best way of doing it is, but this has got to be disappointing.

I'm glad you're sorted now anyway. I think any day trip should be fine. The issue last time regarding plane size should not matter. Enjoy.

Cheers. I have been to the city before and am looking forward to having a wander about.

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1503 on: May 18, 2019, 01:25:14 pm »
I am worried about my son getting back to the airport for a 3:30am flight after the match.  I hope UEFA put busses on from the ground to the airport.

Buses were laid on in Kiev, but I haven't heard anything this time. I am hoping so!

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1504 on: May 18, 2019, 01:30:49 pm »
Do the tickets have any information with them?

This is my concern too, I have a 3:35 flight, Hope there’s buses, I know the Thomas cook flights included free transfers bu the vueling ones are flight only
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1505 on: May 18, 2019, 01:34:25 pm »
This is my concern too, I have a 3:35 flight, Hope there’s buses, I know the Thomas cook flights included free transfers bu the vueling ones are flight only

I'm about to book on those flights. It's only an hour from the stadium to airport on foot if necessary.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: May 18, 2019, 01:37:21 pm »
That sounds good. Any idea whether that covers getting from the airport into the city centre?

It seems to suggest any journey's on the metro in the time period, the metro services the airport so think it should work
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1507 on: May 18, 2019, 01:38:18 pm »
I'm about to book on those flights. It's only an hour from the stadium to airport on foot if necessary.

Yeah walk is an option,the vueling flights require you to get boarding passes at both airports which means checking in, after the game I can imagine there will be carnage queue wise at the airport, wish I’d booked a later flight now
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1508 on: May 18, 2019, 01:48:33 pm »
Yeah walk is an option,the vueling flights require you to get boarding passes at both airports which means checking in, after the game I can imagine there will be carnage queue wise at the airport, wish I’d booked a later flight now

You may be able to check in and get your boarding pass for your inbound flight when you check in for the outbound flight (i’ve done it before)

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #1509 on: May 18, 2019, 01:56:22 pm »
Tickets just landed from Wednesday's sale.  Royal mail special delivery.  😁😁
Also in the envelope were Madrid public transport day passes.

I hope by choosing to pick our tickets up in Madrid that we don’t miss out on a free metro card...
Especially as we’ll probably need to use the metro to pick tickets up !!!

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1510 on: May 18, 2019, 02:03:59 pm »
I hope by choosing to pick our tickets up in Madrid that we don’t miss out on a free metro card...

Surely the Club couldn't be that daft...

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: May 18, 2019, 02:04:57 pm »
These finals are often better planned than people think. Especially airports - they don't mess around.

For example at the airports (especially Liverpool), expect to be held in the entrance, before you can go through to check in, to avoid then being overwhelmed.
With SportOptions you usually get your outbound AND return printed - so no check in upon return. I don't know for Vueling.
Then the flights whilst maybe not going bang on time, are well run - the airports are safety first so it's all done well.
Then so often some transport into the city centre from the airport, and volunteers there to help out with info - remember half the time these events are to showcase a city as well so they want to make a good impression.
I think for Madrid the transport card suggests relying on the (decent) metro than buses but we will see.

Return after the game - expecting buses - if not - metro. It will stay open all night I'm guessing. They usually hold you somewhere until your flight time order, then transport you, again (be that bus or metro) to avoid the airport being overwhelmed. Usually works well.

Kiev was done really well. I'm thinking maybe as Madrid is big and already has the infrastructure it won't need to do a lot of the additional buses that Kiev did though.

Also don't forget that 60k people attend this stadium every other week so there's no issues with that - and Madrid metro is massive, Madrid as a city is massive, and the airport I think is the second largest in Europe after CDG and 6th busiest in Europe.

I'm expecting it will all be well planned.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:06:34 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: May 18, 2019, 02:12:45 pm »

How would they get them to you? You'd need to pay the courier fee to get them posted, assume you'll get them when you pick up match tix.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: May 18, 2019, 02:12:53 pm »

If you install the metro de Madrid official app you can check the balance on the metro cards using NFC.

It is preloaded with Touristico A 1 Dia - tourist pass zone a, 1 day
Valid from 01/01/2018

So you can use it on any day. We land on the Friday and will use it then from the airport. You can the top up the card for any other days you are there.

Offline QwertyQ

• Main Stander
« Reply #1514 on: May 18, 2019, 02:22:34 pm »
These finals are often better planned than people think. Especially airports - they don't mess around.

My last experience of anything like this was Istanbul in 2005 and the airport was carnage.
Liverpool - European capital of football

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #1515 on: May 18, 2019, 02:26:07 pm »
How would they get them to you? You'd need to pay the courier fee to get them posted, assume you'll get them when you pick up match tix.

In an ideal world, the club would send a letter with details of where to pick up tickets in Madrid,
and inside that will be a metro pass... but I won’t hold my breath.

Gutted never got them sent to me now - didn’t realise they’d be so quick. Leave for Spain middle
Of next week and thought they wouldn’t be here in time.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:29:43 pm by Booze And Glory »

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: May 18, 2019, 02:30:16 pm »
If you're coming into/leaving Madrid on an AVE or long distance train you can get a free connection to and from the station with Cercanías need to scan your ticket at the machine or use the pass code. Details here http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/tarifas/CombinadoCercanias.html and here https://help.loco2.com/article/410-free-transfers-from-renfe-combinado-cercanias
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:45:09 pm by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: May 18, 2019, 02:31:24 pm »
In an ideal world, the club would send a letter with details of where to pick up tickets in Madrid,
and inside that will be a metro pass... but I won’t hold my breath.

Gutted never got them sent to me now - didn’t realise they’d be so quick. Leave for Spain middle
Of next week and thought they wouldn’t be here in time.

Postage was £9.95 depending on how many tickets you are getting a single metro ticket will be cheaper. Surely they'll just text or email the collection point.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:35:00 pm by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Yorkshire Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #1518 on: May 18, 2019, 02:37:55 pm »
It was advertised if was the first time a screening had happened in host city and was at the uefa fans zone not at individual club areas.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/giant-screen-kiev-ticketless-liverpool-14697868

I only knew coz it was right near where I was staying and went past it on the way to the boss thing at the park.

Hadn't seen anything advertised & none of the lads in Shevchenko Park were aware of it either.

Perhaps it wasn't 'widely' advertised then.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #1519 on: May 18, 2019, 03:06:39 pm »

The Metro usually closes at 1.30am when I've been before before, if people need to get to the airport but think they'll have a bevy first may miss the last service?