Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 213523 times)

Offline guigy

• Kopite
  • OurClubOurShirt.com
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #1320 on: May 17, 2019, 09:10:29 am »
I find it odd the number of people on here who have qualified in ballot draw but don't seem to have experienced or understand the intricacies of the the sales window - how could this possibly be?
one of Eamon Dunphy’s favourite observations: “He’s an arsehole - but he’s not a great arsehole.”

Offline phil_1010

• Anny Roader
  • The Reds Are Coming Up The Hill Boys...
« Reply #1321 on: May 17, 2019, 09:11:02 am »
About 50 pairs of adult / child left when I checkout just now.

I'm assuming they're all listed as "restricted view" because of the combined price.  Block 231 on the seat view app looked to be a boss spec.

Mart

You got a link to the seat view mate? Just sorted in 131.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: May 17, 2019, 09:11:15 am »
I find it odd the number of people on here who have qualified in ballot draw but don't seem to have experienced or understand the intricacies of the the sales window - how could this possibly be?

Season ticket holders?

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #1323 on: May 17, 2019, 09:11:34 am »

Season ticket holders?

Offline guigy

• Kopite
  • OurClubOurShirt.com
« Reply #1324 on: May 17, 2019, 09:12:15 am »
Season ticket holders?

Seasie's need CL loyalty tho?
one of Eamon Dunphy’s favourite observations: “He’s an arsehole - but he’s not a great arsehole.”

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: May 17, 2019, 09:13:10 am »

Autocup scheme.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1326 on: May 17, 2019, 09:13:16 am »
Where did you see that?

Defo read it somewhere, cannot find it now.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: May 17, 2019, 09:13:50 am »

Yes but they just check the auto cup when renewing.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #1328 on: May 17, 2019, 09:14:28 am »
Sorted two together in 128 cat 4   Still lots left

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: May 17, 2019, 09:14:59 am »

Just a tick box on their renewal, I know a few that don't have a clue and have had to help them out over the last few seasons buying tickets for the finals they have qualified for.

Offline mart

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1330 on: May 17, 2019, 09:15:06 am »

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #1331 on: May 17, 2019, 09:15:19 am »
Anyone going or had experience of these ?

https://www.sportsworld.co.uk/fa-travel/madrid-2019/

Yeh. Went Kiev with them last year they were spot on. It was a TUI Netherlands flight and they gave everyone on board two complimentary cans of Heineken. Departure slot wasn’t the best as it turned out as we didn’t arrive in Kiev until about 3.30pm but they sorted out transfers. Coming back flight was scheduled to leave 3.00am and left 3.15am so was sound. Couldn’t fault them really.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #1332 on: May 17, 2019, 09:17:19 am »
No Category 4 left in lower tier. Just got a category 3 ticket and will end up standing with the lads in a £60 ticket. Doesn't matter, i'm in

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #1333 on: May 17, 2019, 09:20:17 am »
As I was the only one successful in our group I was able to nab a single in 128 for £60. Means I can afford to get the others a round or two in on the Saturday. Buzzing.
I also got a single for £60 in 128. Buzzing too.

Last year I was in hospital and my dad came to the hospital to watch the final with me. If I dont get a second ticket I'm not going without him. I've told my mate he gets my ticket if I dont get a second.

YNWA
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #1334 on: May 17, 2019, 09:21:32 am »
form timed out. In another window now but saying I have two in my basket. How do I get rid of the first one?

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #1335 on: May 17, 2019, 09:26:25 am »
form timed out. In another window now but saying I have two in my basket. How do I get rid of the first one?

Click the 'X' on the right side of the details about the ticket (I think).
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1336 on: May 17, 2019, 09:27:55 am »
I keep trying the number but just get a recorded message.
Email him at mark@sportoptions.com and he will sort it out for you. He says the phone lines are impossible to get through at the moment.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: May 17, 2019, 09:28:12 am »
After over an hour wait finally sorted a couple of £154 in the middle tier. Can't wait!

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #1338 on: May 17, 2019, 09:29:30 am »
Click the 'X' on the right side of the details about the ticket (I think).

I can only see one though. The other one is from a session that timed out.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #1339 on: May 17, 2019, 09:31:56 am »
I can only see one though. The other one is from a session that timed out.
think you have to wait about 20 mins for the other one to time out of the basket and then you should be able to buy it has happend to me before its so frustrating

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: May 17, 2019, 09:35:27 am »
Email him at mark@sportoptions.com and he will sort it out for you. He says the phone lines are impossible to get through at the moment.

Thanks, will try now.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: May 17, 2019, 09:37:38 am »
I'm in! Block 335 for me, CAT 3  ;D
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Online jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #1342 on: May 17, 2019, 09:44:05 am »
Block 333
Need a lie down after that ...
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1343 on: May 17, 2019, 09:46:25 am »
Not in here. But I'm sick of hearing Season Ticket holders go on about how it's unfair they don't get priority in Europe over "people who've only been to six games all season"

My heart bleeds for them. Poor souls

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: May 17, 2019, 09:48:56 am »
Not in here. But I'm sick of hearing Season Ticket holders go on about how it's unfair they don't get priority in Europe over "people who've only been to six games all season"

It’s wrong really. Need some form of cross competition thing sorting.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1345 on: May 17, 2019, 09:53:32 am »
I remember talking to a ST holder last year and he had no idea about how membership works, 4+ for certain games etc

Offline RedSten

• Main Stander
« Reply #1346 on: May 17, 2019, 09:53:35 am »
Anyone know when the tickets will be despatched? I’ve ordered for someone on my account but now worrying about not being in for delivery as I’m heading to Madrid about 4 days early!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1347 on: May 17, 2019, 09:55:01 am »

Its the worst when people are taking the auto-cup scheme credits that someone else has paid for over the season and then claiming the final ticket for themselves.

I qualified for the ballot under my 6 auto-cup scheme tickets this season. But I knew I couldn't justify the money for the ticket, travel and accommodation (especially with ST renewal deadline only a week away) so I didn't enter. It's not fair for me to try and take a ticket from someone else so I didn't enter it. Wouldn't even dream of touting it.

But I will say it is unfair knocking those that do qualify for a ticket no knowing how the whole 'buying a ticket' thing. The club have done really well simplifying the process with the auto-cup scheme. Just ticking a box and adding separate card details in order to pay and not having to worry about window sales etc. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:57:07 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: May 17, 2019, 09:55:51 am »
Any idea why the site won’t let my mate complete the purchase

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1349 on: May 17, 2019, 09:56:28 am »
In general I agree that people who go to more games over the season should have a much better chance at a final ticket than those who have only done six. It's a wild assumption that they've only done six though. I've done about 20-25 this season. Unfortunately only the European games, a league cup game and a few home games are on my card - the rest I did on other peoples cards. No idea where that would rank me if they all counted though - maybe just enough, maybe not.

So the problem is two fold. I know lads who have done 40+ this season and don't have anything in their name, and that means equally there must be people that have done 40+ this season without attending any of them - and then loads in between who attend a few and don't attend others.

The problem as ever with Liverpool is probably the high demand. If it was easy enough to get into all the different ladders and some games didn't sell out away here and there, then I don't know why anyone would have an issue with people who attend the most games getting to go the final - I think that's what Spurs have done. If you're travelling up and down the country all season, through the good and the bad, then you should be first in line for a final ticket.

As it stands though and with the demand (and the ridiculous allocation) it's hard to find a method that is fairer. I guess one way would have been to go back through European home games back to the Europa League.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:58:32 am by Hij »

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1350 on: May 17, 2019, 09:58:44 am »
Anyone heard anything off Thomas Cook about changing members numbers? My lad's ticket was successful but I'm going and used my members number on the booking but there is no reference to my members number when you buy the ticket? Can'y get through to Thomas Cook to find out though.

Offline Red Phil 18/5

• Main Stander
« Reply #1351 on: May 17, 2019, 10:00:01 am »
Anyone heard anything off Thomas Cook about changing members numbers? My lad's ticket was successful but I'm going and used my members number on the booking but there is no reference to my members number when you buy the ticket? Can'y get through to Thomas Cook to find out though.

I need to know this.

I'm in on my Dad's successful ballot application but can't see anywhere that confirms the name change.
The Red Machine in Full Effect.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1352 on: May 17, 2019, 10:03:24 am »
Equally, anyone who has all the homes and had bothered to go to Spartak Moscow last season which went to all members, would have got a Barcelona at minimum from it I believe and then they'd have 7 this season and be guaranteed. I couldn't go as my daughter was due and I wish I had to be honest, don't get many chances like that.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: May 17, 2019, 10:07:23 am »
Equally, anyone who has all the homes and had bothered to go to Spartak Moscow last season which went to all members, would have got a Barcelona at minimum from it I believe and then they'd have 7 this season and be guaranteed. I couldn't go as my daughter was due and I wish I had to be honest, don't get many chances like that.

Spartan will haunt me!! Should have bust a gut to go

Would have opened up Roma last year, Barca this, Kiev final, guaranteed in final sake this year too

Praying next season  we get a Russian team in groups!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: May 17, 2019, 10:11:02 am »

I would have happily gone to Moscow, but was a bit stupid and never checked. I know a few people got Russian friends/family to collect them - gaming the system a bit but ah well. That said, I know a group of about 10-15 that all got on the ladder that way and go everywhere now which I'm mildly jealous of...  ;D
YNWA.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1355 on: May 17, 2019, 10:22:53 am »
I would have happily gone to Moscow, but was a bit stupid and never checked. I know a few people got Russian friends/family to collect them - gaming the system a bit but ah well. That said, I know a group of about 10-15 that all got on the ladder that way and go everywhere now which I'm mildly jealous of...  ;D

Same here! Was so in the habit of not checking them because aways seemed a closed shop i didn't realise this was going to 0 until too late.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1356 on: May 17, 2019, 10:23:33 am »
Spartan will haunt me!! Should have bust a gut to go

Would have opened up Roma last year, Barca this, Kiev final, guaranteed in final sake this year too

Praying next season  we get a Russian team in groups!
Any Russian Turkish or Ukrainian team would be cool, but will be popular if goes to all members again

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1357 on: May 17, 2019, 10:26:25 am »
Couldn't believe the amount of unfamiliar faces around me at the barca game.  ACS members and STHs had obviously sold on their ticket thinking a 3-0 deficit was impossible to come back from  ::)  Glad they missed the match, but I bet they're some of the ones complaining about not being successful in the ballot, or one of these people who have already listed their final ticket on social media for a stupid amount of money.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1358 on: May 17, 2019, 10:47:32 am »
Logged on first thing today to buy ticket on behalf of mate who was lucky in ballot.  Pissed off to see that row 1 seats in tier2 blocks were on sale today, whereas as they weren’t on sale yesterday to those with 7+.  Ticket office had clearly held back all row 1 seats yesterday.  Might be petty,  but it doesn’t seem right that those who have been to previous euro aways & homes are stood behind those who have only been to homes.  It’s not as though those of us in the 7+ sale could have waited and bought in today’s sale.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Kop_2028

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1359 on: May 17, 2019, 11:02:29 am »
Logged on first thing today to buy ticket on behalf of mate who was lucky in ballot.  Pissed off to see that row 1 seats in tier2 blocks were on sale today, whereas as they weren’t on sale yesterday to those with 7+.  Ticket office had clearly held back all row 1 seats yesterday.  Might be petty,  but it doesn’t seem right that those who have been to previous euro aways & homes are stood behind those who have only been to homes.  It’s not as though those of us in the 7+ sale could have waited and bought in today’s sale.

We got row 1 yesterday