Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2792837 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #11200 on: October 4, 2020, 11:42:22 am »
Weren't we sort of linked with Mendy the same summer Robertson signed?

He was good at Monaco. Turns out that was a lie.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11201 on: October 4, 2020, 11:54:00 am »
He was good at Monaco. Turns out that was a lie.
That DM Chelsea bought looked good as well in that boss Monaco team, utterly awful at Chelsea and got loaned to AC Milan after a season.

Seems Fabinho was the one who was carrying him in midfield that title winning season.

It also seems City bought Mendy on account of his two games against City in the CL, where I've never seen him play at that level since Pep signed him.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11202 on: October 4, 2020, 12:16:38 pm »
That DM Chelsea bought looked good as well in that boss Monaco team, utterly awful at Chelsea and got loaned to AC Milan after a season.

Seems Fabinho was the one who was carrying him in midfield that title winning season.

It also seems City bought Mendy on account of his two games against City in the CL, where I've never seen him play at that level since Pep signed him.

Fabinho was carrying an awful lot in that team, with Lemar turning out to be bang average also. Is Fab the only member of that Monaco squad to go on to decent things at another club?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11203 on: October 4, 2020, 12:32:02 pm »
So who's the next £50m left back going to be?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11204 on: October 4, 2020, 12:41:37 pm »
Fabinho was carrying an awful lot in that team, with Lemar turning out to be bang average also. Is Fab the only member of that Monaco squad to go on to decent things at another club?
Mbappe as well, i can't think of anyone besides those 2 who went on to greater things, Moutinho has done okay at Wolves.

Was such an anomoly that team, even Falcao somehow replicated his Porto and Atletico form that season.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11205 on: October 4, 2020, 12:52:48 pm »

To be fair to Mendy he had a good start at City and then did his ACL. He was always poor defensively but was great going forward in that Monaco team.

Lemar made a questionable move going to Atletico as Simeone stifles creative players. Moutinho has always been a quality player and done well at Wolves. Mbappe obviously. Bernardo Silva. Falcao had a bit of a renaissance there but was getting on.

It was a good side.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11206 on: October 4, 2020, 12:53:37 pm »
Mbappe as well, i can't think of anyone besides those 2 who went on to greater things, Moutinho has done okay at Wolves.

Was such an anomoly that team, even Falcao somehow replicated his Porto and Atletico form that season.

Bernardo Silva

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #11207 on: October 4, 2020, 01:00:06 pm »
It was going to catch up with them eventually.

It's a combination of lots of different things - other teams getting better and braver, the pressure of us chasing them down in 18/19 and winning in 19/20, their best players retiring or fading, officials getting wise to their tactical fouls, and Guardiola slowly falling apart once we were inside his head. The other big factor of course is Guardiola's inability to build a defence there - he relied on playing keep-ball and scoring lots of goals for 3 years, but once their midfield is bypassed they fall to pieces as a unit and everyone knows it.

Imagine working for an organisation where all the best staff are leaving or past their best, and the leadership team can't seem to find anyone good enough to replace them - no matter what they spend or wages they offer. Then your manager seems increasingly unhinged and erratic, and other organisations are sensing your vulnerability. Confidence would naturally ebb away, especially if the company up the road seemed to be doing everything right, on a fraction of the budget and without any of the drama.

When the 'Man City do tactical fouls to stop teams counter-attacking after City have committed loads forward to swamp the opponent's third' became a ubiquitous thing amongst pundits, journos and fans throughout the country, and refs began to finally do their job, Guardiola had two choices:

1) try to ride it out, keep tactical fouling with maybe more subtlety if possible (and hope refs forget about it)

2) amend tactics to stop relying on tactical cheating

He seems to have chosen the latter option. Perhaps as the most skillful exponent of the dark art, Fernandinho, has aged and become less mobile. We don't see as much of the blitzkrieg attacking and they have become far less effective overall (still good enough with some excellent players to overwhelm most teams... but 'most teams' is no longer good enough)

The problem is twofold. We can now see that his teams were so dependent on the cynical cheating that now against either quality teams or teams who are very good at countering, they can struggle. And secondly, his managerial limitations are exposed as he cannot adapt to devise an effective alternative.

The annoying thing is that pundits now will come up with a dozen different reasons for why they're not doing as well now, yet I've never heard one bring up the tactical fouling issue and them finding it difficult to adapt since reining back on it.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2020, 01:01:52 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11208 on: October 4, 2020, 01:53:55 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11209 on: October 4, 2020, 01:59:05 pm »
He was trying to be all "Klopp-like" after the match finished yesterday. Gong on to the pitch, and shaking hands with all the Leeds players, and joking (but not joking) with the officials.

Was in the phone to my mum at the time, and she even called him out saying he's trying to be like Klopp, but the difference is that Klopp doesn't try - he's just himself.

Wonder if that's part of his obsession with fullbacks. Somebody has much shinier toys than him. Even worse, they hardly cost a thing...

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11210 on: October 4, 2020, 03:17:35 pm »
While it is a lot more Blue Moon's style to question whether players are on PEDs, I did think that this guy was suspicious in the 18-19 season. He'd run 12-13km a game and yet his quality was also huge. It was crazy. Since then he's fallen off a cliff, which is also a little bit odd.

Yes I agree.

Suspecting someone is on PEDs just because they are good and in good form is definitely 'a little bit' odd.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11211 on: October 7, 2020, 11:44:53 am »
They've been deleted.  :lmao

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11212 on: October 7, 2020, 11:49:44 am »
They bought followers to try and look like a bigger club.  ;D :wave

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #11213 on: October 7, 2020, 11:54:35 am »

CAS are on the case as we speak ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11214 on: October 7, 2020, 11:55:12 am »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11215 on: October 7, 2020, 12:11:16 pm »
What's happened? Has Twitter deleted them for cheating? ;D

Edit: I can see it, they've just posted "We're not really here..." so it must be back already.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2020, 12:14:45 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11216 on: October 7, 2020, 01:06:12 pm »
Rumours that it was suspended because they have actually been buying followers.

Their followers went from 8.5m before the suspension this morning down to 1.5m earlier today.

Already crept back up to 3.8m.

Good that those supporters came straight back

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11217 on: October 7, 2020, 01:29:47 pm »
Showing 6.4m for me now.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #11218 on: October 7, 2020, 01:36:08 pm »
Rumours that it was suspended because they have actually been buying followers.

Their followers went from 8.5m before the suspension this morning down to 1.5m earlier today.

Already crept back up to 3.8m.

Good that those supporters came straight back

Aye, lost 7 million people - just like that... :lmao

and now back up to 7.9m followers - just like that...

« Last Edit: October 7, 2020, 01:38:05 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11219 on: October 7, 2020, 04:06:06 pm »
Twitter's executives will get a call from a representative of the UAE royal family and be advised not to interfere...

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11220 on: October 7, 2020, 04:42:31 pm »
Apparently they had 3.4 million Bot accounts in that Twitter account.

Last year a Edinburgh based media think tank said that a huge number of followers in their social media was made up of Bots.

This just confirms it now.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2020, 06:17:02 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #11221 on: October 7, 2020, 05:00:29 pm »
bloody hell.

weirdos
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11222 on: October 7, 2020, 05:54:31 pm »
What’s the point? Does having more followers allow you to boast a bit more or is there a more monetary benefit to showing you have more?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #11223 on: October 7, 2020, 05:58:15 pm »
What’s the point? Does having more followers allow you to boast a bit more or is there a more monetary benefit to showing you have more?

Maybe they can use it to justify the sponsorship being well over the odds for a small club
Believer

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11224 on: October 7, 2020, 06:06:52 pm »
Maybe they can use it to justify the sponsorship being well over the odds for a small club
This.

Everything is fake about that club.

Fake sponsorship.
Fake matchday revenue.
Fake wage bill.
Fake social media.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11225 on: October 7, 2020, 08:54:48 pm »
Apparently they had 3.4 million Bot accounts in that Twitter account.

Last year a Edinburgh based media think tank said that a huge number of followers in their social media was made up of Bots.

This just confirms it now.

Seems all that club's made of is money,bots and influencers,who knew eh.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11226 on: October 7, 2020, 09:23:01 pm »
Abu Dhabi PR Sportswash Twitter Bot FC

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #11227 on: October 7, 2020, 10:35:05 pm »
I hope this is true and makes the papers
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11228 on: October 7, 2020, 11:15:17 pm »
OK, I'm an old coot and not that clued up on computers and the internet. So, can some kind person please explain to me in simple terms exactly what a 'bot' actually is?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #11229 on: October 7, 2020, 11:17:20 pm »
OK, I'm an old coot and not that clued up on computers and the internet. So, can some kind person please explain to me in simple terms exactly what a 'bot' actually is?

It's an automated program basically, designed to do whatever the person who programs it to do.

Just short for robot. In the case of a twitter bot it's an automated script designed to post positive/negative comments about a person/thing/situation. So when you load up a bot army they all "post" about the same thing, so it looks like multiple users are agreeing/disagreeing with a situation.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2020, 11:19:51 pm by Chakan »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11230 on: October 7, 2020, 11:43:32 pm »
It's an automated program basically, designed to do whatever the person who programs it to do.

Just short for robot. In the case of a twitter bot it's an automated script designed to post positive/negative comments about a person/thing/situation. So when you load up a bot army they all "post" about the same thing, so it looks like multiple users are agreeing/disagreeing with a situation.
Thanks for that.  :thumbup

Just for clarity, if I were to create one of these programmes, I could appear to be many people on many different platforms, despite it only coming from me?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #11231 on: October 7, 2020, 11:49:26 pm »
Thanks for that.  :thumbup

Just for clarity, if I were to create one of these programmes, I could appear to be many people on many different platforms, despite it only coming from me?

Yes essentially, it basically just makes it look like 1000x more "people" are commenting on a situation when in fact it's just programs

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11232 on: October 7, 2020, 11:55:12 pm »
Chakan explained it, but I wanted to point out that this is how cheats make money on the internet. Revenue is linked to internet traffic through websites, so having bots that constantly go through a web site mimic large traffic, ergo, your paycheck is bigger.

And another little detail, the word robot comes from a Slavic word for work, so the short of it, "bot", must mean "ork". Cut the Orks loose! ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11233 on: October 7, 2020, 11:59:46 pm »
Thanks Chakan and farawayred.

You learn something new every day.  :thumbup

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #11234 on: October 8, 2020, 12:09:40 am »
And another little detail, the word robot comes from a Slavic word for work, so the short of it, "bot", must mean "ork". Cut the Orks loose! ;D

"Robot" comes from an old Czech word which meant 'Slave'! Which of course sums it all up.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11235 on: October 8, 2020, 01:09:50 am »
"Robot" comes from an old Czech word which meant 'Slave'! Which of course sums it all up.
Not quite, but there is something to that... The word in Czech is “robota”, or “rabota” in other Slavic languages, which means exactly “work”.  It that’s the current meaning; in the very old days it meant “forced work” (coz who works...😁)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11236 on: October 8, 2020, 05:56:54 am »
We're bots really here.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2020, 06:05:33 am by Garrus »

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11237 on: October 8, 2020, 06:55:19 am »
So, to sum up, they cheat, on the pitch, off the pitch, in the courtrooms and now on the internet.

I'll be back.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2020, 07:45:31 am by Nitramdorf »

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11238 on: October 8, 2020, 07:28:25 pm »
So, to sum up, they cheat, on the pitch, off the pitch, in the courtrooms and now on the internet.

I'll be back.

But they were exonerated at CAS , the two judges that city appointed said they weren’t guilty as anything that happened more than 5 years ago doesn’t matter. They were fined £10m but that was only to cover their two judges expenses.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #11239 on: October 9, 2020, 05:20:54 pm »
Pep has never lasted 5 years at a club and had to also fix something that was clearly broken.  Can he actually do it is the question?  I think once they get one of Aguero/Jesus back that they'll have too many good attackers for it to matter.  With that said it's pretty crazy how consistently worse they are getting in defense with all that money spent not seemingly able to overcome Fernandinho aging out.  I can't see them falling out of the top 4 but if this stays this way all season I could see Pep leaving.