Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 483868 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Step machine tonight. 10 mins I started sweating profusely. Set it for 30 mins but got to 27. Burned 750

Was intense. Good to know I can cram that into short workouts
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
What is everyone's Christmas plans?

Go hard and worry about it all after?

Be strict with yourself?

Indulge a little but still be mindful?

Had my works Christmas party last week, but still managed to shift 4.5lbs. Think it's because I was wary of the Christmas party... I didn't drink, enjoyed the 3 course meal and for the other 6 days of the week I was 100% on it and honest. Think a bit of that was also water weight due to womanly things the week before.

We did our Christmas shop last night, and tried hard to restrict the shit we bought. Just bought one dessert, my choice as that's what I have been looking forward to the most, then scaled down the treats/snacks.... still more in the cupboard than a normal week but I'm quite conscious that it's something my Husband looks forward to too, so I just need to be a bit careful.

Boxing Day is spent with the in laws and that scares me a bit as there will be lots of beige foods, which can be the worst, and lots of desserts and snacks.

I plan to have a great Christmas Day including a bottle of wine I have been saving since sumner, some gin and champagne, with a healthy lunch and nice dessert. I'm driving Boxing Day so that cuts out all the alcohol and I will indulge but just try and not go too mad.

Then every other day just treat it like a normal day, and eat what I usually eat.

Tonight I am having my 3rd 'takeaway' in 22 weeks... Very much looking forward to it but it feels like a lot of food over such a short space of time! Freaks me out a bit to be honest.

Still have 1st to shift IMO. So just need to take whatever Christmas brings on the chin, ideally not more than 2-3lbs, and just try and get it off again over the next two weeks.

I have seen people put on 7.5lbs in the last week....  :-X

YOLO and all that!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Honestly, I've given myself plenty of days off over Christmas and New Year (they both, along with my birthday, fall within a 10 day period). I'm just going to enjoy the drink and food all I want.

I'll put on some weight, but it'll be nothing I can't shift in a few weeks in January. It's more making sure I don't get into bad habits and keep up the wanting to drink and eat complete and utter shite - but I really doubt that'll happen.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
wont be getting in much of a healthy routine with the week thats in it.

last night and the night before i went to the gym, last night i decided to throw on an extra top for training. sweated absolute buckets. the step machine im using burns some serious calories

over 900 in 35 minutes.

over the xmas ill try get down the odd day to keep some momentum but wont be turning away from food or a beer, in new year i can change the eating habit but still havr a good deal of fitness

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
last night i decided to throw on an extra top for training. sweated absolute buckets.

Just remember that any additional weight lost doing this will be put straight back on once you rehydrate. Not really worth doing all that much unless you're having to hit a weight target for a weigh in.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.

last night i decided to throw on an extra top for training. sweated absolute buckets. the step machine im using burns some serious calories

Take the machine in the sauna...it's what I used to do...stationary bike, plastic suit on.....I'm joking...what Craig say's above...unless you're on a cut, it's pointless.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Got a stomach bug...On plus side, I've lost weight for the first time in two years! Down past 200lbs now.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Eat, drink and be merry but do a fair bit of walking (10+ miles) on my off days to keep some kind of exercise in, then straight back on the strict calorie controls on 3rd January.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Going to try losing some weight after Christmas to much junk food and miles to much alcohol since Trace passed away.

Just been checking out the NHS site One You site, the quiz is really good on there and going to do the diet they give you.

https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou#YD7wkh1bPC4vhPKU.97

Its a calorie controlled diet. has anyone tried the free Android App called My Fitness pal?

A great free app it keeps a record of your weight and how many calories you are eating daily and loads of recipes you can scan any food/drink barcode and it will tell you the calories in it.

You can even link in your running/cycle apps and keeps a record of your exercise and how many calories it would use.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:35:21 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Kind of went off the rails in the week leading up to Christmas and since obviously. Too much booze and rich food but that's unavoidable at this time of year. Hoping to get back into a routine in January.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I love MyFitnessPal, and would suggest for anyone to use it.

Even if looking to just identify 'hidden' calories you're eating it's good as you can just track absolutely everything you eat/drink for a week or two then look back and see if you can make some simple changes to cut down.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
5 days of eating and drinking whatever I feel like and I don't feel the best! Feel so sluggish and lethargic - past two nights I've gone to bed with a headache, not something I ever suffer from. I only drank Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but I've fallen out of the routine of drinking 2l of water a day.

Doing first food shop in a week tomorrow so I'm excited to get back on track tomorrow - don't think any fruit has passed my lips in almost a week!

I thought it would be the chocolate and sweet stuff that I would over indulge in over a Christmas but strangely it has been white bread I've been hammering. And some savoury things like pate and cheese.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
I'm the best part of a stone down in the past month. I cannot say that the reasons behind the weight loss are good ones, but it's given me a little boost heading into the usual January fitness regime. I still can't run after breaking my metatarsal so my exercise will be limited, but hopefully I can lose another half a stone before I go back to see about my foot in early February and if I'm given the all clear it'll be a kickstart with the diet at that point.

The idea is to be at 11 stone come March. That's my ideal weight, and that's the weight when I felt the most confident. I was buying the clothes I wanted to make me feel good going out, when I had a cheat day or went on the ale I would push extra hard in the gym through the week to make up for it, that kind of thing. I know weight loss is mainly comes from dieting/cutting down, but I find that exercising and going the gym helps me a lot more than just dieting alone.

So, let's see if I can get there. I've been in this thread quite a bit trying to get started but for one reason or another I always fall back or don't ever get going.

I'll stick to it this time, I'm sure.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
5 days of eating and drinking whatever I feel like and I don't feel the best! Feel so sluggish and lethargic

Same here! Got a feeling I'll have put on about 5 or 6lbs come the 5th Jan (day after my bday).

Going to have a couple of days off alcohol until New Years and try and get a couple of workouts in over the next few days though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2016 was rubbish for me, after a couple of deaths I'd stopped caring about what I ate and I've been terrible over Christmas, I've gone up to 16st 10lb and my clothes are tight, I feel like crap and am really lethargic.

Switching to the Mediterranean diet, I really enjoy eating vegetables, fruit, nuts, fish, poultry etc any way, its just being disciplined and not eating the chocolates and stuff the kids got at Christmas and swerving the food trolley at work - I'll just make sure I eat enough to fill me up and show some self control.

Still got some tough times ahead, my Wife's stepdad was one of those who died last year, her Dad recently had a couple of mini strokes so we've the worry of that and its 10 years this April since my Mum died, so just need to make sure I stay positive and look after myself for my and my families sake.
Jurgen YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First weigh-in this morning since December 19th and to be honest I am delighted with just a 1lb gain. Feared something bigger that would set me back a few weeks but hopefully will have that off next week and can start trying to build towards the two and a half stone loss. Got 5.5lbs to lose to hit that target and with four more Mondays left in January, I am hoping to hit it before Feb 1st.

Bought a FitBit online this morning, so I am hoping to steadily increase the amount of exercise I do simply by trying to walk a bit more.

Craig, you've been so helpful with your advice with HIIT but I just can't motivate myself enough to start it! I am a bit obsessed with the step counter on my phone, so I am hoping the FitBit will encourage me to get outside and get moving at a more gradual pace.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2016 was rubbish for me, after a couple of deaths I'd stopped caring about what I ate and I've been terrible over Christmas, I've gone up to 16st 10lb and my clothes are tight, I feel like crap and am really lethargic.

Switching to the Mediterranean diet, I really enjoy eating vegetables, fruit, nuts, fish, poultry etc any way, its just being disciplined and not eating the chocolates and stuff the kids got at Christmas and swerving the food trolley at work - I'll just make sure I eat enough to fill me up and show some self control.

Still got some tough times ahead, my Wife's stepdad was one of those who died last year, her Dad recently had a couple of mini strokes so we've the worry of that and its 10 years this April since my Mum died, so just need to make sure I stay positive and look after myself for my and my families sake.

Good luck with that - sounds like a dreadful few months for you.

As soon as you get into it and start seeing some results, hopefully it will spur you on and help motivate you.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just started to log my foods each day. What kind of calorie deficit is good? I assume consuming too few calories is not ideal, but the app I am using doesn't say if my deficit is good/bad. It's currently at 1300in/1850out approx. Should you work off a percentage or something?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Just started to log my foods each day. What kind of calorie deficit is good? I assume consuming too few calories is not ideal, but the app I am using doesn't say if my deficit is good/bad. It's currently at 1300in/1850out approx. Should you work off a percentage or something?
once you put your weight in to something like my fitness pal it should work out how much you need to eat to lose weight at what target you want

ie when i started 260 pounds, a 6ft 2 male, 31 years old

it would suggest how much calories per day to have if you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week to get down to your target

so gradually if you keep logging your weight, it would tell you what to consume, usually between 1900-2100 calories

minimum you should eat was showing up around 1300 calories

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
MyFitnessPal gives very broad numbers, so is always best looking to work them out more specific for yourself. They won't be far wrong though.

First step would be to work out your TDEE. Plenty of calculators out there to do this (personally use the one on Mike Matthews website).

I really wouldn't go for too big a deficit. I've tried doing really big ones and I've tried doing smaller ones, and I always lose more weight with the latter. That could be more how my body reacts of course, but it definitely reacts better to slightly less deficit (max of around 20%).

If you're working out make sure you get a decent amount of carbs and fats (clean sources) as will help you fuel your muscles and get in an intense workout.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Weighed in this morning, put about 6lbs on since a few days before Xmas. Not bad as I've pigged out and hit the booze a fair amount, and laid off exercise fully. Body feels happy for having the time off lifting but def feel like shit for all the crap I've eaten and drank.

Birthday tomorrow so will have a drink then but other than that think I'll have a totally dry remaining  Jan to help get back into the swing of things, and get back to the proper diet and training.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
I am gonna weigh in at the end of this week.
I was tip-top before the holidays and went on my honbeymoon.
I didn't really drink that much but I did eat; did some walking too.
But I need this month to really get back and improve.

Target is 13st 2.
6ft, 41 years old.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Day 2 back in the gym after a 3 month sabbatical. Limbs all still attached and I'm seemingly in one piece. My target is 12 kilo weight loss in 16 weeks! I will be beach ready! 8)

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The end of 2016 has seen me completely go to shit.

I was doing awesome end of 2015. Had been running 10k almost every day and hitting the gym whenever I was on my way home from work. Got down to 87kg. Cue a move to Dubai where it was like 40 degrees every day. Stopped running but upped my gym going. Was really smashing it out & getting bigger till August. Had my first son and bang everything has been downhill since.

Moved back to Australia, been jobless but studying full time and taking care of my son. Havent been able to sign up to gym and its been brutal. Back up to 103kg. Pretty pissed with myself for letting it get so bad. But yeah got a Fitbit for Christmas and determined to turn it all back around.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Decided to sort my shit out - I'm 25 and found myself weighing 13'2 at the end of December.

Last 3 weeks I've cut out chocolate and crisps as well as fizzy drinks. Only drink water or juice with meals. Have tea and coffee still but one cup a day rather than 3 and instead of blue milk and loads of sugar I have red milk and either 1 sweeter or nothing.

I've cut out desserts mainly or will have fruit instead.

Lunch time at work I have a salad, mixed nuts, maybe an egg and some fruit. Dinner I have chicken or fish mostly, occasionally some meat and vegetables.

Started jogging as well - found it tough at first but have got in 3 x 30 minute jogs a week so far.

Lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks so I'm happy! Just need to keep it going. I find getting out to exercise the most tough after work but once I do it I feel absolutely brilliant. Dinner is the trickiest meal as well - I've slipped only once and had a Chinese takeaway in these 3 weeks.

Aim is to get down to 12 stone by around April/May.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First weigh-in this morning since December 19th and to be honest I am delighted with just a 1lb gain. Feared something bigger that would set me back a few weeks but hopefully will have that off next week and can start trying to build towards the two and a half stone loss. Got 5.5lbs to lose to hit that target and with four more Mondays left in January, I am hoping to hit it before Feb 1st.

Bought a FitBit online this morning, so I am hoping to steadily increase the amount of exercise I do simply by trying to walk a bit more.

Craig, you've been so helpful with your advice with HIIT but I just can't motivate myself enough to start it! I am a bit obsessed with the step counter on my phone, so I am hoping the FitBit will encourage me to get outside and get moving at a more gradual pace.

Bit of a weird one since I got my FitBit. Been doing minimum 8k steps a day, averaging 10k most days and over 50k a week. First week with the Fitbit I lost 0.5lbs and to be honest was a bit downhearted, thought I deserved more. The following week another 0.5lbs gone. Tried to keep myself going and to stay positive, and was rewarded tonight with a 4.5lbs loss, so that 5.5lbs in 3 weeks with the Fitbit and two and a half stone lost in total now, since end of July.

I'm averaging just over 1lb per week, which feels slow but it has gone really quickly. Those 0.5lbs and 1lbs really add up when you think of the bigger picture. If you just invest in changing parts of your lifestyle, it quickly becomes routine to the point you do it without thinking, and the rewards follow.

Gonna push for another 7lbs to bring me to 3st loss and see where we are then.Contemplating giving up sugar for Lent (don't believe in that shite but like the idea of being committed to something and it feels like a good time to do it) to see what impact that has on the levels of sugar I currently consume. I'm nowhere near as bad as I was but still have half a tspn of sugar in my tea, chocolate or biscuits almost every night and yogurts.

Does anyone have any advice on toning? Is it worth trying to tone when you still feel you have a little weight left to lose or should you concentrate on that first?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Does anyone have any advice on toning? Is it worth trying to tone when you still feel you have a little weight left to lose or should you concentrate on that first?
do you mean weights? id recommend it

i lost roughly the amount of weight you are aiming to lose a while back and was doing a lot of weights twice a week

will burn calories, not as many as cardio but will burn fat and increase metabolism.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
When I was 15 hit by a car while I was crossing the road and therefore I broke my left fibula + I ruptured the ligaments in my left knee.

Over the years I have subconsciously spared my left leg when I've been working, running or cycling because at a certain point my left leg would start to ache. Last March I was diagnosed with testicular cancer and underwent surgery and have since then made a full recovery. After the operation I gained appr. 13 kilos which I haven't gotten rid of since then.

So I've joined a gym and I'm really going at it and I've lost weight in the tempo I want to so everything is good except for my left knee and lower leg which has now started to ache pretty bad exactly in the spot where my fibula broke after I've started training in the gym. I've found out that what triggers this aching is squats.

Lots of information for a short question: Have any of you had a broken fibula or any other bone in the leg for that matter and are you experiencing something similar to what I've tried to describe? If so, what have you done to get rid of the aching?

I know the obvious answer is to quit doing squats but I'm interested to learn if there are other ways around the problem.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Had 10 days in Tenerife end of January, never been so lazy on holiday before, just lay about all day, played some pool with my lads and went out for meals every night. Got back early hours last Sunday, weighed myself when I woke up and I was just under 17 stone. 3 years ago I had got down to under 15 stone.

Decided to do phase one of the South Beach diet again just to get an initial kick start and get myself off eating shite foods, I'll do it for about 3 weeks. Did it in 2006 and lost 4 stone in 4 months, so it has worked for me before. Besides cutting out chocolate, crisps, Subway brekkies, alcohol and the other stuff, there's no fruit, cereal or bread allowed. Been nothing but veg, salad, eggs, nuts, ricotta cheese, chicken and fish all week, just over 16st 7 lb this morning.

Tomorrow I'm working on the trucks, so its butties (its a pain in the arse taking salads) and then its back on it until the 14th, when we'll have a takeaway and then back on it again til the 24th as we are having a little party to remember Pete and celebrate what would have been his 78th birthday - its the first since he died. After that I'll re-introduce red wine, brown bread, brown rice, porridge and fruit and try to stay away from all the shite until we go to Florida end of May.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Day 2 back in the gym after a 3 month sabbatical. Limbs all still attached and I'm seemingly in one piece. My target is 12 kilo weight loss in 16 weeks! I will be beach ready! 8)
5kg done so far and that's with a week off with a cold....continued eating healthy during that week besides the odd slip though.

Delighted with the progress so far, continuity is the key though, need to stay with it and possibly pick the boxercise back up once I shift another couple of kg's.

Oh and if my shoulder continues to hold up I'm going swimming again 8)

How's everyone else doing? :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Everyone else given up no it's no longer January? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Everyone else given up no it's no longer January? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just started again today after piling on 20lbs over Christmas  ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah Xmas can be a fucker for that! Luckily my bad diet and heavy year round alcohol consumption tend to flatten out any seasonal weight gain spikes ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
20lb...greedy bastard!!
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
nice one Titi

grown fed up with my weight. ill say it again. few years ago i really went at it like a man possessed

lost 39 pounds for my wedding, literally felt like i could run through walls, build them up and knock them down again.

put every pound back on, feel lethargic as fuck.

i did a marathon last year and since then fitness gone to fuck. just about managed a two mile run tuesday, a 1.5 one last night and wrecked today but fuck it, long road ahead. i need to keep going. i didnt want to bother last night but hauled myself there. thats half the battle. i just need to make gradual improvement. pissed as loads of clothes dont fit me.

i can blame everyone and anything but its down to me

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
nice one Titi

grown fed up with my weight. ill say it again. few years ago i really went at it like a man possessed

lost 39 pounds for my wedding, literally felt like i could run through walls, build them up and knock them down again.

put every pound back on, feel lethargic as fuck.

i did a marathon last year and since then fitness gone to fuck. just about managed a two mile run tuesday, a 1.5 one last night and wrecked today but fuck it, long road ahead. i need to keep going. i didnt want to bother last night but hauled myself there. thats half the battle. i just need to make gradual improvement. pissed as loads of clothes dont fit me.

i can blame everyone and anything but its down to me
Finding the motivation to go at it is 90% of the battle if you ask me. Never once have I hit the gym and thought fuck me this is grim/shite/not worth it....but finding the minerals to drag yourself there is always tough, especially on a Monday! Sounds like you may have found it again though buddy...which is nice ;)

I've now hit 84kgs, down 6 from 90, which is exactly half way to the 78 target I set myself. I'm not even abstaining from alcohol, cut back yeah, but still let myself throw them back if I want!

Oh and as for clothes....just after Christmas I needed a few suits for work, think I spent £250, purposefully went a bit tight as I knew I was hitting the gym. A pair of the pants are already hanging off me! No one said being heathy was good for your bank balance!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I was actually drinking a lot when I lost that weight!!!! Need a tipple now and then. Weekends I was still drinking. But during the week I wasn't and I was eating healthy

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think my bodyfat scales are broken. It says I'm at 33%, but I don't feel anywhere near that I'm made up of one third jelly.

Better lay off the cakes ;D

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
I have decided to go all in for March. Now up to 15 stone 9 and I need to kick start some serious weight loss for the summer so I'm committing to no drink at all in March and doing alternative weeks of juicing. It's my aim to lose a stone in March by not drinking, eating better and starting to run again so fingers crossed.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As of Monday, 2st 9lbs down since September.

Find it is getting easier and eating well is just a way of life for me now.

Got a FitBit in Jan and I am averaging 10k steps a day but it's more the fact that I am walking so much more now. I have had weeks where I have had events and indulged more than I normally do but the damage doesn't seem to be as bad and I think that is beuase of the walking I am doing. And I get straight back on it - if I am out for a nice dinner I will enjoy it but my breakfast and lunch will have been healthy. I've learned to have things in moderation and now I find I'm generally eating less.

I don't believe in Lent but I am using that 6 weeks to attempt to give up sugar in the form of chocolate and sweets and sugar in tea/coffee. I am also starting Insanity on Monday. I did it before and gave up after 3 weeks as it was difficult for me and I was a lazy arse. Hoping now I am lighter I can commit to it better.

Not sure how giving up sugar and doing Insanity will affect weight loss, as I was eager to grow the 3st mark but more interested now in toning up a bit and feeling a bit fitter.

Well done to those sticking with it and those attempting to change!