Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 481447 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Think my bodyfat scales are broken. It says I'm at 33%, but I don't feel anywhere near that I'm made up of one third jelly.

Better lay off the cakes ;D
I've just had a big fuck off piece of carrot cake....fuckin lovely!! :lickin
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
Jumped on the scales the other day and it only goes up to 22 stones I think, mine said ERROR.  :o Unbelievably embarassing and downright unacceptable. Might seem funny at first but it's a major concern, made some big changes, joined the gym last week and been going for a few days burning 400 cals per day, slowly building it up. Eliminated chocolate and fizzy drinks and bought some dumbbells for home exercise. Drinking loads of water too. Tried warm lemon water but it's nasty stuff so just having some green tea in the mornings.

It's great to be motivated at first but the more I do it, the more I feel lazy. Surely it should be the opposite effect as I should be getting more motivated? What am I doing wrong?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Jumped on the scales the other day and it only goes up to 22 stones I think, mine said ERROR.  :o Unbelievably embarassing and downright unacceptable. Might seem funny at first but it's a major concern, made some big changes, joined the gym last week and been going for a few days burning 400 cals per day, slowly building it up. Eliminated chocolate and fizzy drinks and bought some dumbbells for home exercise. Drinking loads of water too. Tried warm lemon water but it's nasty stuff so just having some green tea in the mornings.

It's great to be motivated at first but the more I do it, the more I feel lazy. Surely it should be the opposite effect as I should be getting more motivated? What am I doing wrong?

Maybe give yourself a goal, something to aim for to keep you motivated.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night

" I do it, the more I feel lazy" sounds like a fitness issue more than anything

just keep doing what you are doing for now and in a week or two tops i think this should go away

Finding the motivation to go at it is 90% of the battle if you ask me. Never once have I hit the gym and thought fuck me this is grim/shite/not worth it....but finding the minerals to drag yourself there is always tough, especially on a Monday! Sounds like you may have found it again though buddy...which is nice ;)

nope i know i havent . had my gear with me thursday and just went home. was off friday and yesterday and again didnt bother

wasted opportunities.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
Maybe give yourself a goal, something to aim for to keep you motivated.
Got a holiday coming up in two months so my number one goal is to fit into my t-shirts just in time for that.

" I do it, the more I feel lazy" sounds like a fitness issue more than anything
True, probably a mental issue as well. Can't remember the last time I was properly in shape so I need to see myself as a fit guy rather than the couch potato that stands (or sits) before you.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Got a holiday coming up in two months so my number one goal is to fit into my t-shirts just in time for that.
True, probably a mental issue as well. Can't remember the last time I was properly in shape so I need to see myself as a fit guy rather than the couch potato that stands (or sits) before you.
you have a goal to work towards now then with your holiday

just keep going.

im in a rut, know what i have to do and wont do it

annoyed with myself

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan

Setting a goal Is a good idea whether it is just attempting to exercise so many times a week or a weight loss goal.

Others will know better but at this stage your diet might be the biggest issue and where you will see the best results in the short term by trying to eliminate any bad habits like too much sugar. Get plenty of nutrients and protein into your diet by way of lean meats and veg/fruits. Carbs seem to be a grey area for some people but I eat carbs and still lose weight.

My advice would be to not be so hard on yourself as it sounds like you're trying to change a lot straight away e.g. Your diet and adding in exercise.Many people would crack before they start, having to make so many changes. Don't be afraid to eat but eat the good stuff.  Take it one day at a time, and hopefully before too long you'll be able to see little changes that motivate you to keep going.

Does your gym have scales? Maybe get weighed on them. And I would take pictures and measurements so you can check your progress as you go.

Good luck - let us know how you go!

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
Today is the 1st day of my 31 day health kick to get my arse into gear. I have committed to my other half that I will not drink for the whole of March and so, in tandem with that, I have also written myself a training plan to take me up to my 41st birthday and am off to start running again tomorrow (I haven't run properly for about 3 years) with a view to being able to run to work a couple of times per week by my birthday which is early June (work is 9 miles).

As an encouragement to myself to make sure I do it, I have ordered some 'thin' clothes which I want to fit into and have bought some additional things like a 5kg medicine ball which has arrived today and a weightlifting belt (been doing weights on and off since I was 14 but never used a belt for some reason).

I bought a juicer a few months back which I have barely used and I am planning to juice every other week to get the weight down and bought some new scales yesterday which measure body fat so I am all in.

Basically, with all the shit i've bought, if I don't manage to get my arse into gear this time then there is no hope for me.

Weighed myself this morning and i'm 15'8. I'm 6 foot but am relatively big built so I reckon 13 stone is the lowest I can get down to while maintaining muscle (13'4 is the lowest I have been as an adult and I was in very good shape then).

Going to be hard work but it will be worth it to get back to feeling more like my old self again  :wave 
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
good luck with that Rysoph

feeling pretty good today. two step machine 30 min workouts the last two nights and football tonight.

thinking that for lent i might take up something. train every day for lent. see how long that lasts

the 30 min workouts on the steps i did burned well over 800 calories. feeling much better today as a result.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
good luck with that Rysoph

feeling pretty good today. two step machine 30 min workouts the last two nights and football tonight.

thinking that for lent i might take up something. train every day for lent. see how long that lasts

the 30 min workouts on the steps i did burned well over 800 calories. feeling much better today as a result.

Cheers mate, 1st day done. No beer, had a banana for breakfast, salad for lunch and a smallish dinner (which I ate early when normally I eat late which doesn't help.) Also went for my first run in ages alongside my usual ride to and from work. I did have 2 cups of tea yesterday cos I was feeling a bit ropey having had a few beers on Tuesday ahead of my abstinence but this morning I had a little breakfast and only going to drink water.

Sounds like you are doing well mate, keep it up. I think some form of exercise every day is definitely the way to go. I'm planning to do some exercise every day. Weighed myself this morning and i'd lost 1/4 of a lb from yesterday but it's something I suppose. I also took 'gutshots' on my camera this morning, one from the front and one from the side (jesus that was ugly when I didn't breathe in!!) and i'm going to take one a week so I can see what effect all this is having  :wave

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I would not weigh my self every day

once a week tops. usually same day and time.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
I would not weigh my self every day

once a week tops. usually same day and time.

yeah you might have a point actually. I just wanted to give myself a kick start

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I weigh myself more than I should, but I know I shouldn't.

A litre of water is a kilo for example, and if you're thirsty you can down one of them. Add in a big dinner or a big workout and it's amazing how much your weight can fluctuate.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
I weigh myself more than I should, but I know I shouldn't.

A litre of water is a kilo for example, and if you're thirsty you can down one of them. Add in a big dinner or a big workout and it's amazing how much your weight can fluctuate.

I suppose what I was working on was that if I do it at the same time every day and before I eat or drink anything that it at least gives me some kind of guide but because they are new scales and i'm kind of checking if they are accurate I seem to be getting on them every time I go in the bathroom!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really shitty past 7 days for me, its almost 10 years since my Mum died, last Thursday would have been her birthday, then Friday would have been the wife's step dads birthday, first one we've had since he died last April, then the kids have been shits and work mental, so I'm feeling really down and been eating some shite.

Really want to get fit now, but don't have time for the gym. I'm up just after 6 when the wife gets up for work, then I get the kids ready for school, drop them off then its half 6 by the time I get in from work, have tea, sort stuff out, kids in bed and its 9pm before I know it.

Saw that T25 advertised again on the telly this morning. Anyone got any experience of it and would you recommend it? I could do the exercise in the time between 6 and 7, as the kids are either still in bed or playing on the laptops.
Jurgen YNWA

Online paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
20lb...greedy bastard!!

5lbs off in 2 weeks  :-[

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
5lbs off in 2 weeks  :-[
Good lad. Only another stone to go.

I find it very easy to lose weight..but I'm a narcissistic c*nt.  ;D

I come off my bike the other day, broke at least one rib...and I'm just getting ready to go out on another bike ride...ribs and all.

Just remember what  Nietzsche said, "“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." Just keep pushing.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
So I started on 1st March (last Wednesday) and have gone 5 days minus beer so far plus have been running 3 times and have cut down on tea and tried to eat more healthily.

I have lost 4lbs which is a good start (it would have been more but the other half made a roast yesterday and I had to dig in!). Going to go running again today and salad for lunch. Hoping to get down under 15 stone this week.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
How is everyone getting on?

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Online paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan

Slow and steady. I find what works for me is to be a boring bastard and eat the same thing every day. I meal prep to do me Monday through Friday, the exact same meals every day. This week it's oats for brekkie, chicken wraps and nuts for lunch, fromage frais as a snack, and lasagne and baby potatoes for dinner.

Then at the weekend I'll mix it up to have a nice meal with my girlfriend, though I always stay under my calorie goal. I find the M&S dine in for 2 deal pretty good to indulge and it's so easy to track the calories and the food is pretty good

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Shite. Go to Florida in 10 weeks too, so I really need to lose some lard, last time there I put on about 2 stone in 12 days
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker

13 days since I started and I have had 11 non drinking days and 2 days where I had a few beers which is not as good as I was aiming for but much better than I was doing before.

Been running 7 times in the 13 days and so that is getting easier (and going running today) and have got back into doing weights and sit ups (on top of the 18 mile round bike ride to work)

Fruit for breakfast each day and salad for lunch with a normal dinner. In total, I have lost 6lbs and I do feel a fair bit better.

For those of you doing sit ups, I can recommend getting a medicine ball. You can do less sit ups so it takes up less time but you can really feel the difference in your abs. I bought a 5kg one from Sports Direct and it's worked nicely

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was 12 stone 4 on the Saturday night, went out on the bike on Sunday at 5.30am, pedalled the 8 mile to Newcastle Central Station where I met 2 mates.  We got on the 6.30 train to Carlisle then cycled home from there.  Later that evening I was on the scales and was 11 stone 12 meaning I lost 6 pounds in one day of cycling.  It wasn't easy though, it was a pretty gruelling ride, some fucking massive hills between Brampton and Haltwhistle.

Also, I changed my eating habits starting January 1st.

I'm now vegetarian, I eat no meat at all and I also stopped using sugar.  I used to drink up to 7 cups per day, coffee or tea or a combination and every one would have in it 3 x spoons of sugar.  No sugar now, and I never have any fizzy drinks, Pepsi and all that shite, nor sports drinks.

This is what I had for breakfast today.
1 carrot
1 apple
3 banana's
A hand full of oats (I buy it in a big bag, porridge oats)
Milk

Whizz it up and it was a tremendous tasting smoothie.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army

Haven't really stuck to any type of diet but I've lost 5kg from Christmas. People have been making comments recently to say they've noticed I've lost weight which is nice. This is less to do with eating particuarly well and more to do with the fact I've been going to the gym a few times a week and playing sport at least once a week. It goes to show how important exercise is. I'm hoping to eat a bit better this week than I have been. Slow but steady wins the race.

Online paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
I was 12 stone 4 on the Saturday night, went out on the bike on Sunday at 5.30am, pedalled the 8 mile to Newcastle Central Station where I met 2 mates.  We got on the 6.30 train to Carlisle then cycled home from there.  Later that evening I was on the scales and was 11 stone 12 meaning I lost 6 pounds in one day of cycling.  It wasn't easy though, it was a pretty gruelling ride, some fucking massive hills between Brampton and Haltwhistle.

Also, I changed my eating habits starting January 1st.

I'm now vegetarian, I eat no meat at all and I also stopped using sugar.  I used to drink up to 7 cups per day, coffee or tea or a combination and every one would have in it 3 x spoons of sugar.  No sugar now, and I never have any fizzy drinks, Pepsi and all that shite, nor sports drinks.

This is what I had for breakfast today.
1 carrot
1 apple
3 banana's
A hand full of oats (I buy it in a big bag, porridge oats)
Milk

Whizz it up and it was a tremendous tasting smoothie.

That's a pretty calorie dense breakfast, probably between 500-600kcals

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Did an extreme cut in order to get my body fat down before a holiday to Florida in two weeks, the lightheadedness and headaches weren't worth it, so still cutting but only around 2500 cals a week.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Really couldn't be arsed cooking anything on Sunday as I was so tired, so ended up getting a big takeaway from the local Indian. That gave me the kick up the arse I needed and I really tried this week, been having stir fry veg for breakfast (cooked with fry light) with eggs, salads for dinner and stir fry with chicken or prawns for tea. Started using the exercise bike again (only 2 days but its a start) and have dropped 2lbs since Monday which has cheered me right up. Will hit the bike a lot more over the next few weeks and go for walks and bike rides with the kids.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
Really couldn't be arsed cooking anything on Sunday as I was so tired, so ended up getting a big takeaway from the local Indian. That gave me the kick up the arse I needed and I really tried this week, been having stir fry veg for breakfast (cooked with fry light) with eggs, salads for dinner and stir fry with chicken or prawns for tea. Started using the exercise bike again (only 2 days but its a start) and have dropped 2lbs since Monday which has cheered me right up. Will hit the bike a lot more over the next few weeks and go for walks and bike rides with the kids.

Well done mate. I'm down to 15'1 this morning so lost half a stone in 16 days. Went for a 3 mile run yesterday after work and dragged my arse out of bed 45 mins earlier than usual today to go for another 3m run so feeling chuffed with myself. Might even allow myself a few Paddy's Day beers later!

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Careful now Rob, there's a lot of idiot Motorists out there who are on a mission to run cyclists into the ground   :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well done mate. I'm down to 15'1 this morning so lost half a stone in 16 days. Went for a 3 mile run yesterday after work and dragged my arse out of bed 45 mins earlier than usual today to go for another 3m run so feeling chuffed with myself. Might even allow myself a few Paddy's Day beers later!

Cheers mate.

I'd love to do a few Guinness tonight, but I'm up at 4 tomorrow, in work on the trucks at 5, so a small glass of red wine is all I'll have tonight.

Careful now Rob, there's a lot of idiot Motorists out there who are on a mission to run cyclists into the ground   :)

Don't I know it. I get the kids out nice and early and we go round the quiet streets and the local park.
Jurgen YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm just wondering, does anyone have a juicing machine and make your own juice?

I have one and make a lot of juice using just about any fruit / vegetables.

I had some earlier and this is what I used.

6 apples, 1 cucumber, 2 sticks celery, 4 carrots, 1/2 a lemon.

The juice it made, the taste was lush and much, much better than anything you would ever get out of a carton, plus there was no added sugar or chemicals.

The only thing that might have put you off was the colour, it looked a bit like swamp water or something   :)

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
yeah mate I have a juicer but the main thing that amazed me was how much fruit/veg you need to make a decent size drink!! Made the kids a drink yesterday and had to use best part of 2 packs of apples for 2 drinks. Carrot is good though

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Right, I've had enough of being about a stone overweight now. I always have token efforts at 'being good' but never anything substantial.

What's the best way to lose half a stone or so and keep it off...step up the exercise or cut down the calories? Or both?
Gaffa tape, stick some over your cake hole    :)

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Started a week ago today. 6'1 weighing 201.6 lbs, been counting calories and walking around an hour a day and dropped 2.8lbs in the first week. Pretty happy with that. Hoping to get to 185lbs.

Highly recommend MyFitnessApp to anybody trying to watch what they eat, it has been a life saver for me this week. You put in your current weight, target weight, how much exercise you'll be doing, and then it gives you a calorie target to hit per day. You simply scan the barcode of the food/drink through your phone and it does all the hard work for you. Not only has it helped massively in dropping that extra weight but I've actually found preparing meals and eating around it pretty fun.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Weighed myself this morning and I was only just over 81kgs!!! Think I'm probably a touch dehydrated but even if I round up to 82kgs that's still 8kgs done in 8 weeks! Delighted with that!

Another 8 weeks till the holiday so another 8kgs would be nice but I know It gets more difficult the more you lose. I've shifted my overall target to 72kgs, so 18kgs weight loss, it's a fuck ton but I'm determined to get it done!

Start
14 st 2 lbs

Current
12 st 9 lbs

Destination
11 st 3 lbs

Stay on target!!! ;D

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
wow

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
Start
14 st 2 lbs

Current
12 st 9 lbs

Nice one! I found the first 7lbs easy enough and did that in 2 weeks but not lost anything in the 6 days since which is a bit deflating. On the plus side, I have found my running has improved a lot and ran 4.25m pretty easily on Sunday and going for a 5 miler tonight so that should help

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Nice one! I found the first 7lbs easy enough and did that in 2 weeks but not lost anything in the 6 days since which is a bit deflating. On the plus side, I have found my running has improved a lot and ran 4.25m pretty easily on Sunday and going for a 5 miler tonight so that should help
Cutting out the bad food & drink in the week and smashing the exercise is the future buddy! Have at em! ;) ;D 8) :wave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cutting out the bad food & drink in the week and smashing the exercise is the future buddy! Have at em! ;) ;D 8) :wave
I agree with this 100%

It's 3 months since I went Vegetarian,  stopped eating meat, any kind of meat and I've not felt fitter or stronger.