Author Topic: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤  (Read 249621 times)

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Reply #3760 on: April 10, 2024, 12:38:14 pm »
Tchouaméni, Kroos, Camavinga, Modric, Bellingham, Rodri, Kovacic and Silva have all played as central midfield players at a higher level than Endo. For me they are or have been elite midfield players. Endo isn't on that level for me.

For me he wasn't brought in to be at that level he was brought in as a useful squad addition. Let's be honest here would Endo get in to either the Madrid or City midfields.?

None of those play or are likely to play for us and if you think Modric can, let alone will, sprint back into a recovery position then you're smoking something. If you don't then your Endo argument if flawed because all you harp on about is how he can't recover when we lose possession high up the pitch where he's being told to play.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3761 on: April 11, 2024, 10:06:00 pm »
He’s done okay this season but we’re stuck in this weird position where he’s seemingly a guaranteed starter despite probably being a squad player level at best. Not really sure what he’s offered on the pitch for a while now and there are huge gaping gaps everywhere (not just on him cos the entire set up is awful)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3762 on: April 11, 2024, 10:06:37 pm »
He is really bad when he has the ball at his feet. We should have moved Mac back there.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3763 on: April 11, 2024, 10:09:17 pm »
That's two poor games in a row for Endo. I wonder if it's tiredness.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3764 on: April 11, 2024, 10:09:26 pm »
Playing a sole 6 who isn't very press resistant or comfortable on the half turn is never going to end well when the team you're playing is willing and able to press you high. You'll really struggle to play out.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3765 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:58 pm »
He’s done okay this season but we’re stuck in this weird position where he’s seemingly a guaranteed starter despite probably being a squad player level at best. Not really sure what he’s offered on the pitch for a while now and there are huge gaping gaps everywhere (not just on him cos the entire set up is awful)

I thought he was absolutely appalling tonight, and not good against United either, but some of your post is pure revisionism.

He looks like a 30 year old fella who's been playing way above his usual level for ages and is now knackered.

No need to act like he hasn't been great until the last few days.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3766 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:43 pm »
Was woeful but there again Dom was even worse.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:21 pm »
As shit as everyone else.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:44 pm »
I thought he was absolutely appalling tonight, and not good against United either, but some of your post is pure revisionism.

He looks like a 30 year old fella who's been playing way above his usual level for ages and is now knackered.

He had some amazing games for us. Bad one today, but he shouldn’t have been playing, was not the game for his skill set.

Not sure how he will play next season, especially in an Amorim set up

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3769 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:33 pm »

I don’t think it is and don’t think he has. I thought he was excellent against Man City but against Utd or various other games I’d much rather have seen Mac Allister in a deeper position. As a defensive unit we’re a complete shambles and have been for weeks, he’s part of the problem (of course I’m not saying he’s the sole problem).

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3770 on: April 11, 2024, 10:15:39 pm »
Al would argue that this game demonstrated the reason why we need a top DM. And he'd have a point.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: April 11, 2024, 10:19:05 pm »
I don’t think it is and don’t think he has. I thought he was excellent against Man City but against Utd or various other games I’d much rather have seen Mac Allister in a deeper position. As a defensive unit we’re a complete shambles and have been for weeks, he’s part of the problem (of course I’m not saying he’s the sole problem).

Yeah he's always been a squad player, the overly negative posts about him and his cult status (which is fair enough, v. hard to dislike him) have resulted in some hyperbole about his level, as well as a couple of performances which were really, really good. But mostly he's played at a squad player level.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3772 on: April 11, 2024, 10:27:11 pm »
Poor performance. Struggled with the technical demands of the game.

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3773 on: April 11, 2024, 10:35:53 pm »
Was surprised Jones was hooked not him. Jones had set up a great Nunez chance despite a poor half . Endo was neither protecting nor creating today

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: April 11, 2024, 10:37:13 pm »
Was surprised Jones was hooked not him. Jones had set up a great Nunez chance despite a poor half . Endo was neither protecting nor creating today
He was an easy pressing target. I hope our future opponents weren't watching because Atalanta really exposed our weaknesses.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3775 on: April 11, 2024, 11:29:11 pm »
Poor performance. Struggled with the technical demands of the game.

It wasn't just the technical demands of the game. He simply doesn't sense danger.

The first goal is a classic example. We end up with two players going for the same ball down our left. Endo is the DM who sees it developing but just doesn't react. They end up with a player completely free wide right and we never recover.

Any DM worth his salt reads that situation and covers for the fullback it is just basic stuff.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline crewlove

• Main Stander
« Reply #3776 on: April 11, 2024, 11:44:38 pm »
I think him partnering with Mac at times gave us the most stable midfield pairing (plus whoever plays the third midfielder). Still it was far from perfect. We definitely improved midfield this season compared to the last one, but despite that it feels we are really easy for teams to have a go at us. One moment we look like we have control, but whenever somebody turns the tempo up we are all over the place, unable to regain control.

With Endo it feels like he lacks physical attributes to be some kind of insurance whenever we turn the ball over. You couid live without that if you can sense the danger, but as Al says he lacks it as well. Fabinho wasn't that great in terms of speed or acceleration, but he definitely knew how to break plays high up the pitch.

I think his best game was against Man City, but he didn't really live up to that in other matches. Still really useful, but I think it's more due to us not having anyone else being able to provide as more defensive midfielder typ. And I think Endo played next to someone more defensive at Stuttgart as well.

Some interesting questions and other cases, but I think it's more for Klopp's template thread.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 11:55:43 pm by crewlove »

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: April 11, 2024, 11:53:00 pm »
I think him partnering with Mac at times gave us the most stable midfield pairing (plus whoever plays the third midfielder). Still it was far from perfect. We definitely improved midfield this season compared to the last one, but despite that it feels we are really easy for teams to have a go at us. One moment we look like we have control, but whenever somebody turns the tempo up we are all over the place, unable to regain control.

With Endo it feels like he lacks physical attributes to be some kind of insurance whenever we turn the ball over. You couid live without that if you can sense the danger, but as Al says he lacks it as well. Fabinho wasn't that great in terms of speed or acceleration, but he definitely knew how to break plays high up the pitch.

I think his game was against Man City, but he didn't really live up to that in other matches. Still really useful, but I think it's more due to us not having anyone else being able to provide as more defensive midfielder typ. And I think Endo played next to someone more defensive at Stuttgart as well.

Some interesting questions and other cases, but I think it's more for Klopp's template thread.

I was wondering this - he doesn't look like a natural DM to me? Doesn't seem to have the instincts for it, and as you say he's one of a few too many midfielders we have that struggles to get back behind the ball/cover when teams break on us. You could maybe allow it if he was great on the ball (Mac Allister is also probably a bit slower than is ideal to be playing the deepest midfielder, but he makes up for it in other ways), but I think he's very average in that respect.

He sort of reminds me of a Milner playing that role - tenacious, 100% committed, up for the scrap, and will throw himself in front of anything (if he's been able to get there). but I'm not sure he's the right sort of player in that role for us, not as a guaranteed starter. It's still the easiest position to upgrde in our team.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3778 on: April 12, 2024, 12:31:02 am »
I was wondering this - he doesn't look like a natural DM to me? Doesn't seem to have the instincts for it, and as you say he's one of a few too many midfielders we have that struggles to get back behind the ball/cover when teams break on us. You could maybe allow it if he was great on the ball (Mac Allister is also probably a bit slower than is ideal to be playing the deepest midfielder, but he makes up for it in other ways), but I think he's very average in that respect.

He sort of reminds me of a Milner playing that role - tenacious, 100% committed, up for the scrap, and will throw himself in front of anything (if he's been able to get there). but I'm not sure he's the right sort of player in that role for us, not as a guaranteed starter. It's still the easiest position to upgrde in our team.

Milner is a good comparison because he also wanted to receive the ball outside of the opposition shape.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #3779 on: April 12, 2024, 12:36:32 am »
I think Endo has finally hit his wall. Needs to come off the bench for a few matches. His concentration level is in the bottom of the tank right now.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3780 on: April 12, 2024, 06:28:43 am »
done brillant last few months
He needs a rest though. Looks tired & he isnt quick.
Would love to see Bajcetic get a game at 6 but we dont know what shape he is in atm

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: April 12, 2024, 06:36:40 am »
done brillant last few months
He needs a rest though. Looks tired & he isnt quick.
Would love to see Bajcetic get a game at 6 but we dont know what shape he is in atm

I do agree that Endo needs to be taken out of the firing line. I've praised him quite a bit this season but he looked really off it last night.

We are back to this myth that Bajcetic makes good number 6 again. I said a number of times last season that the spell he had in the team, his better performances, by a distance, was when he played as the LCM. He didn't look great as a 6 at all. Whether he can be moulded into that role remains to be seen but I don't conform to the idea that he can play as a 6 and do it well despite him starting off in the academy as a CB
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 06:38:22 am by HardworkDedication »

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: April 12, 2024, 06:43:35 am »
I do agree that Endo needs to be taken out of the firing line. I've praised him quite a bit this season but he looked really off it last night.

We are back to this myth that Bajcetic makes good number 6 again. I said a number of times last season that the spell he had in the team, his better performances, by a distance, was when he played as the LCM. He didn't look great as a 6 at all. Whether he can be moulded into that role remains to be seen but I don't conform to the idea that he can play as a 6 and do it well despite him starting off in the academy as a CB

Nah, he was good as a 6. He was also good, arguably better as the left sided 8. But he was good as the 6.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #3783 on: April 12, 2024, 07:01:13 am »

Not sure how you can dismiss the idea of him playing in that position based off such a small sample size?

I’ve watched him at academy/u21 level as well as the games last year, he’s definitely confident receiving the ball in deeper areas and has a lovely passing range breaking the lines. There was almost zero chance he was walking into the first team ready to play 6, it’ll take him years to develop the tactical understanding whilst his body matures and becomes stronger. But there’s zero doubt he has the ability, that he’s played centre half through academy levels tells you he’s well versed in the defensive side of the game. It’s not unthinkable that he ends up capable of playing 6, 8 and probably along the back line.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #3784 on: April 14, 2024, 02:38:10 pm »
Where the fuck is Endo against Palace. Currently scary stuff anytime palace have a break on he's left trialling the play
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 02:54:04 pm by DiggerJohn »

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3785 on: April 14, 2024, 02:50:34 pm »
Poor today. Caught in possession. Not marking.
#JFT97

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3786 on: April 14, 2024, 02:50:35 pm »
Endo is a long way from being good enough sadly. Ponderous and sloppy in possession, far too slow out of it.

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: April 14, 2024, 02:51:12 pm »
In a proper rut now. Looks like he did in the beginning of his career here. Slow with the ball and always a step behind.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #3788 on: April 14, 2024, 02:51:59 pm »
He's been painful to watch so far today, not only culprit but he's been the stand out.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3789 on: April 14, 2024, 02:52:30 pm »
I love him but when he offers nowt he really offers nowt.

Nothing against the break and useless in the build up.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3790 on: April 14, 2024, 02:54:25 pm »
Where the fuck is Endo against Palace. Currently scare stuff anytime palace have a break on he's left trialling the play

That's about 75% of his performances to be fair, he's a decent squad option at best and if we achieve anything this season he played his part in holding us together when we were ravaged but we're treating him as if he's Rodri and he starts every game, it's weird.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3791 on: April 14, 2024, 02:54:51 pm »
Been a revelation but looks like we've pushed him too far. Expecting a 30yr old Bundesliga player to play the 6 in our system week in/week out in these intense games was quite optimistic.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3792 on: April 14, 2024, 02:56:36 pm »
Been a revelation but looks like we've pushed him too far. Expecting a 30yr old Bundesliga player to play the 6 in our system week in/week out in these intense games was quite optimistic.

He hasn’t though. He’s had a cult following and hyperbolic praise in response to harsh criticism but in reality he’s been really good in a few games. OK in a few. But also really poor at times.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3793 on: April 14, 2024, 02:57:12 pm »
Who would have thought it, we still need a top class DM.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #3794 on: April 14, 2024, 03:02:07 pm »
He hasn’t though. He’s had a cult following and hyperbolic praise in response to harsh criticism but in reality he’s been really good in a few games. OK in a few. But also really poor at times.

Totally agree with this too much over praise by the 'true supporters' attacking posters who have genuine concerns

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3795 on: April 14, 2024, 03:03:31 pm »
He's been solid but he's having an absolute stinker today. Needs to come off.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3796 on: April 14, 2024, 04:06:03 pm »
Did his usual routine for the goal today. Doesn't sense danger doesn't cover and then is far too slow to do anything when the penny finally drops. Just jogs around expecting others to do his job for him. Someone needs to tell him he is the DM and is the one who should be covering.

It isn't his fault he just isn't good enough to be a starter at this level. This is life not a Rocky film. Aging journeymen don't turn into World-class performers at Endo's stage of his career. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3797 on: April 14, 2024, 04:07:34 pm »
Did his usual routine for the goal today. Doesn't sense danger doesn't cover and then is far too slow to do anything when the penny finally drops. Just jogs around expecting others to do his job for him. Someone needs to tell him he is the DM and is the one who should be covering.

It isn't his fault he just isn't good enough to be a starter at this level. This is life not a Rocky film. Aging journeymen don't turn into World-class performers at Endo's stage of his career.
Yep but it’s not his fault, he shouldn’t have been starting. He’s been awful for a while now but we keep hamstringing the rest of the team to fit him in.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3798 on: April 14, 2024, 04:09:45 pm »
He has surprised me this season but he's not good enough for a team chasing big trophies.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3799 on: April 14, 2024, 04:10:34 pm »
He has surprised me this season but he's not good enough for a team chasing big trophies.
exactly this