Author Topic: Uefa to hold hearing into Mamadou Sakho’s failed drug test for Liverpool  (Read 46492 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I'm expecting a 4-6 month ban for Sakho.

Some case studies here show similar bans for worse offences.

http://www.thesportster.com/soccer/top-10-footballers-caught-doing-drugs/?view=all

This current c*nt of an organisation they call Uefa will probably hit him with a 12 month ban.

I'd say 4-6 months & a 10 year suspended hanging over him would be suffice.

The rules changed last January though, so it's really difficult to tell
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really hope it isn't a long ban, big fan of Mama.

Unfortunately, if it is a long ban, it could spell the end of him here. He's only himself to blame and he's let down the manager, the team, the fans, and most importantly himself.

Fucking hell I sound like a teacher ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
How long is his current contract, he's been here about 2 1/2 years so a two year ban would almost be 5 years, would we need him to sign a new deal, how much would we pay him while banned.

Pretty hard to say without knowing all the facts or what kind of clauses footballer contracts have for this.

I would guess the club are entitled to terminate his contract for misconduct, did Chelsea not sue Mutu over their lost transfer fees as well?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Is there actually anything to say it'll be a minimum of 6 months or is that just speculation?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy

Last thing he needs is to be told to do lines.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
How long is his current contract, he's been here about 2 1/2 years so a two year ban would almost be 5 years, would we need him to sign a new deal, how much would we pay him while banned.

Pretty hard to say without knowing all the facts or what kind of clauses footballer contracts have for this.

I would guess the club are entitled to terminate his contract for misconduct, did Chelsea not sue Mutu over their lost transfer fees as well?

He signed a new contract last September, he probably has 4 years left on it
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Where would we stand if he got 2 years ?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Where would we stand if he got 2 years ?

Needing to buy another center back. Whether he'd be suspended without pay or have his contract terminated is another question ...

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Hope its as low as possible.

But yeah, I wonder if the club would sue him, like Chelsea did with Mutu, for the wasted transfer fee etc... £17m is a lot to throw away (insert standard Benteke comment here)
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Wada take a very dim view and I'd be delighted with six months. Can't remember who said it but one of the podcasts said wada standard/lenient is two years. [emoji17]

Two years would be typical. That's what you face if you're caught in other sports (skiing, athletics,...). We can only hope that Sakho gets less.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Really hope it isn't a long ban, big fan of Mama.

Unfortunately, if it is a long ban, it could spell the end of him here. He's only himself to blame and he's let down the manager, the team, the fans, and most importantly himself.

I think we will be very lucky if it's six months.....

More likely two years and maybe more...

Still, we don't know the ins and outs of the story.....but when players have been warned about these issues, ignorance is no longer much of a defence
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Two years is the standard for doping. That means someone taking nandrolone or something. Common sense suggests that lesser offences should carry lighter punishment, but you can't rely on UEFA to make sense at the best of times.

We'll know soon enough.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Last thing he needs is to be told to do lines.

Haha!

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

But yeah, I wonder if the club would sue him, like Chelsea did with Mutu, for the wasted transfer fee etc... £17m is a lot to throw away

I hope it doesn't come to something like this. Sakho genuinely seems like a lovely guy who has a great rapport with fans. I really don't want to see it ending with so much bad blood.

Personally think Klopp and LFC are too classy to go down that route.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
More likely two years and maybe more...

That feels like an incredibly pessimistic view to me. I agree that six months is a "lucky" figure; two years would be desperately unfair, but I can see UEFA doing it if they're taking the "show everyone we mean business" route. More, though? That'd be downright vicious unless they've got him on something much worse than what we've heard.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
I hope it doesn't come to something like this. Sakho genuinely seems like a lovely guy who has a great rapport with fans. I really don't want to see it ending with so much bad blood.

Personally think Klopp and LFC are too classy to go down that route.

Suing typically doesn't occur due to "bad blood" but more due to sheer financial necessity. It really will depend on who is better insured in this kind of situation... Sakho or the club.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Mutu they wanted rid of. The club and Sakho could negotiate a settlement. Suspension of the contract for the duration of the ban would seem a sensible compromise. Sakho retains his well paid contract. The club retains the remaining contract time and does not write off the contract fee. Between the extremes of paying him full whack and ripping up the contract there is a middle ground that could be agreed. From the outside there does not appear to be any breakdown between the club and Sakho, beyond the initial incredulity that the silly twat did that.

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
The current dope-testing regime in English football is pretty lax. The FA carried out almost 2300 tests in 2014-15.

That may sound impressive - but take into account that the PFA has around 4000 members. Athletes in many other sports would have a far greater chance of being tested in any given year. Perhaps it's telling that Sakho got caught out by a UEFA control.

Offline Salger

• Kopite
Rumours started to appear on twitter that the club may sack Sakho. I know that twitter + rumours usually equals bullshit but I hope it doesn't come to that.
Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Rumours started to appear on twitter that the club may sack Sakho. I know that twitter + rumours usually equals bullshit but I hope it doesn't come to that.

They don't even know what the punishment is yet.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Sak'ed in the morning....

:boxhead
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Why actually sack him? He is still worth money would be a stupid decision.

He just should not be paid for the length of his ban.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Uefa have not held their hearing on it yet or made any type of decision on length of ban so anyone claiming he is sacked is a fucking spoofer.

This.

ITK's....Ignorance-That's-Krap.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not a chance he's getting sacked without knowing his possible UEFA punishment.  Full of crap that Indigo lad.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Why are people posting Twitter shite on here? People will never learn
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why are people posting Twitter shite on here? People will never learn
People want today's news yesterday, pain in the arse when it's an ITK.  Handy for more official sources like the club themselves or the Tony Barretts who post on there though.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This.

ITK's....Ignorance-That's-Krap.

IdiotsTits&Knobheads.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
It could be possible, should Mama get a lengthy ban, the club could cancel his contract--so as not to pay him during the ban for breach of contract- but still hold the players rights. Then when the ban is over Mama would be under a new contract.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
I'm reckoning 6-9 months ban with another 18-24month suspended or somesuch

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
Its simple he broke the rules he was cheating, if LFC pay his wages while he is banned they are off their heads.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
6 month ban would be fair enough, anymore than that would be harsh. Not as if it was a performance enhancing substance. Possibly go to 9 months any more is making an exception.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
6 month ban would be fair enough, anymore than that would be harsh. Not as if it was a performance enhancing substance. Possibly go to 9 months any more is making an exception.

Depends if the substance can be used to mask a performance enhancing drug

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
Its simple he broke the rules he was cheating, if LFC pay his wages while he is banned they are off their heads.

Well would that apply if he was banned for 8/9 weeks/ games like Suarez. Depend on his contract, must state he must represent the club responsible at all times. Any use of banned substance could be a breech of contract.

But UEFA can't, in all fairness, destroy his career over it.

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
Depends if the substance can be used to mask a performance enhancing drug

took something that was borderline, slimming pill more or less. Silly but not really cheating in the truer sense.

Not saying they should just slap him on the wrist but they must take into account the struggles pro players have with their diet. Starve themselves, not in the way a jockey might but still they must have a real struggle at times.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
took something that was borderline, slimming pill more or less. Silly but not really cheating in the truer sense.

Not saying they should just slap him on the wrist but they must take into account the struggles pro players have with their diet. Starve themselves, not in the way a jockey might but still they must have a real struggle at times.

The cruel irony of being able to eat out at the most expensive restaurants, yet not being allowed to demolish three burgers and a few pints...well, apart from Rooney, he has seemed to get away with it...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
The cruel irony of being able to eat out at the most expensive restaurants, yet not being allowed to demolish three burgers and a few pints...well, apart from Rooney, he has seemed to get away with it...

They are all athletes now or they are supposed to be. Some can eat and never put an once on. The long fellow had to starve himself while Carson would eat whatever was in front of him.

Obviously not everyone is the same and some really struggle no doubt.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Why actually sack him? He is still worth money would be a stupid decision.

He just should not be paid for the length of his ban.
2 years @ £75k per week = circa £8m

It's a fairly big investment in a player regardless of whether you are looking to bring in back into the team or sell him once his ban expires.

Also carries with it a fairly large reputational risk as we'd no doubt be branded a club supporting "cheaters" or something equally daft.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan

Gives him an advantage though over another player struggling with weight not using banned supplements.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
The irony is....

UEFA, as corrupt an organisation as you're likely to find, will not be able to allow common sense to prevail and give him a "time-served" ban but instead have to enforce the letter of the law so that they give the appearance of a body with integrity. They would not for one moment go out on a limb for something that doesn't reward them financially or otherwise.

These things should be looked at by an impartial body given only the facts (mitigating or otherwise) and not the players. They could then make decisions without the fan fare that goes with it.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Gives him an advantage though over another player struggling with weight not using banned supplements.
Charlie? :wave