Author Topic: Wheres Rafa''s new contract?  (Read 154066 times)

Offline Drewas

• Kopite
  • Rotate on this!
Re: Wheres Rafa''s new contract?
« Reply #880 on: February 27, 2009, 11:04:52 pm »
So we know who leaked the rumors on wednesday then ?

Nice one on the eve of one of our biggest games you little fucker

Hope Gillette lost a lot of money on those bets. But then it wouldnt be his money he would bet would it? probably Parrys.

Offline IanCoxy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #881 on: February 27, 2009, 11:14:24 pm »
This just sums up and confirms everything that Gedo and CTR has said so far - Gillett is a fuckin sneaky little prick - a low life snake in the grass.  Well Mr G - I hope your PR team is reading this and has the guts to throw it back in your face. Fuck off now, you are not wanted - Rafa was here before you and will be here long after you are gone.

:wanker :wanker :wanker
Nothing to do and all day to do it.....

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #882 on: February 27, 2009, 11:43:48 pm »
next up gillett then.

i'm not shaving just because.
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: February 27, 2009, 11:46:20 pm »
Just heard Tony Evans on the radio who apparently was the journalist who broke the Parry story and is often on LFC.tv. I know what its like on here if he says something nice people says hes a good journalist but if he dare says anything against the club then hes a prick. He basically said Rafa will not sign a contract until the club is taken over which could happen before June or Hicks get majority control, for which if Gillett agrees to sell he has to offer Hicks 2% of his share. He also said that Gillett tried again this week to get Rafa sacked but failed because he had no support from the club.

Posted on TLW. Anyone catch the interview?

If true could explain this weeks crazy sequence of events. Well partly.

I heard it this afternoon on Talk Sport.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #884 on: February 28, 2009, 12:39:17 am »
So we know who leaked the rumors on wednesday then ?

Nice one on the eve of one of our biggest games you little fucker

Youd be suprised at who leaked the rumors, and in leaked the rumors it was more of a telling his mates about the offer/enquirey city had made.
http://www.musclefood.com/AH6059
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #885 on: February 28, 2009, 12:42:44 am »
Youd be suprised at who leaked the rumors, and in leaked the rumors it was more of a telling his mates about the offer/enquirey city had made.
Do you know then ?
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: February 28, 2009, 10:44:15 am »
I had assumed the Kuwaiti buyer for us was the Al-Kharafi family. This journalist is implying that is not the case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exasperated and mystified by the man he made king

Analysis
By Ian Herbert
Saturday, 28 February 2009

There was a glint in Rick Parry's eye when he approached Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, after Gerard Houllier had left in the summer of 2004. "What are the players' feelings on another foreign manager?" he asked them. "What do you think of Rafa Benitez at Valencia?"

Their positive response contributed to Liverpool's decision to hire Benitez, ahead of Alan Curbishley and Gordon Strachan, who were interviewed, but as Parry's departure from Anfield was announced yesterday the chief executive could reflect on how that decision, taken with the one that allowed a penniless Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr to buy the club – Parry receiving a £500,000 bonus in the process – were the foundations of his downfall.

He has ridden out a bumpy journey as his relationship with Hicks has deteriorated over the past 18 months, but he informed the Americans of his decision to quit late last week, as it became clear in drafts of Benitez's new contract that they were transferring substantial control from him to the Spaniard. Parry's decision is understood primarily to have been based on a realisation that Hicks is not going to find a buyer for his 50 per cent share of the club and that he would be stuck in a working relationship which has become dislocated, rather than start afresh.

Parry informed Hicks and Gillett individually of his decision by telephone and Gillett is believed to have indicated that he would have liked him to stay – though his relationship with Parry, an ally at the factionalised club Liverpool have become, is not as strong these days as Hicks's relationship with Benitez.

Hicks and Gillett have insisted, throughout three months of contract talks with Benitez, that "checks and balances" to the manager's power – through a corporate structure including an active chief executive – must remain in place and that Benitez's demand to spend £20m as he sees fit is unrealistic. It remains to be seen how much ground the owners will cede, but Parry is understood to have despaired last Sunday after Benitez had again provided a sense of frustration with the club, despite new contractual concessions affording him greater control.

The most fateful event in Parry's demise was the notorious meeting with Jurgen Klinsmann in November 2007, set up by Gillett with Parry present, amid doubts about Benitez's future. When Hicks sought to appease Liverpool fans five months later, he claimed that Parry had spent "three or four hours" alone with Klinsmann. Hicks found Parry a useful target. He called him a "disaster" and demanded he quit. Parry justifiably called this "offensive", though he has felt, ever since playing a major role in ensuring that most of the refinanced loans taken out for the purchase of the club were set against the Americans' holding company, rather than the club, in December 2007, that he faced the sack.

Hicks's ostracisation of Parry has gradually increased, with the establishment of a shadow board, led by commercial director Ian Ayre and finance director Phil Nash, who work in Liverpool city centre. Parry had no involvement in discussions with a prospective Kuwaiti buyer for Liverpool, last July, nor in discussions with the Al-Kharafis, while discussions with Tottenham Hotspur over the sale of Robbie Keane back to the club appeared to have been conducted without his knowledge.

Parry has been exasperated and mystified by Benitez's claims that Keane was forced upon him, since there had been consensus on the need for a striker after Peter Crouch's departure last summer. Benitez might seem to have won his battle for control, but there is no sign of the club's civil war reaching an end. Though Ayre and Nash are contenders for Parry's role, both are Hicks's men and Gillett's relationship with Ayre is particularly difficult.

The preferred route is to replace from outside the club, but recruiting a good candidate will be difficult, given Benitez's failure to work either with Parry, or with Manuel Llorente at Valencia before that. If the owners cede total power to the Spaniard to settle his contract, then a job which should be one of football's most coveted will truly be a poisoned chalice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/exasperated-and-mystified-by-the-man-he-made-king-1634175.html
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rafael Benitez's new contract...
« Reply #887 on: February 28, 2009, 05:18:45 pm »
Should wait until the end of the season.

He has done absolutely nothing, league wise, in 5 years to suggest he deserves any long term deal.

We're more or less 10 points behind the leaders with 11 games to go, and seeing the way we're playing could end up double that amount behind.

No title challenge from us this season, so far away from top in February tells it's own story.

I for one will nail my colors to the mast. I don't think he'll ever win us the league and want him gone at the end of the season.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafael Benítez's new contract...
« Reply #888 on: February 28, 2009, 05:19:54 pm »
replaced with who?

What did you expect at the start of the season?
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #889 on: February 28, 2009, 05:21:27 pm »
At least you had the balls to say it.

I disagree though.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: February 28, 2009, 05:21:36 pm »
replaced with who?

A title challenge. We're not having one. In his 5th season.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #891 on: February 28, 2009, 05:21:52 pm »
This is not going to end well
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: February 28, 2009, 05:22:16 pm »

Who would you bring in?
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #893 on: February 28, 2009, 05:22:23 pm »
Yea but who would you replace him with?
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline 4-2-3-1

• dyscalculic
  • Kopite
« Reply #894 on: February 28, 2009, 05:22:29 pm »
good thread

:lmao

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: February 28, 2009, 05:22:32 pm »

I disagree though.

you mean the balls that jerked his knee?
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Craigthered

• Still Raging at Rafa. FAQ Off.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #896 on: February 28, 2009, 05:22:35 pm »
Todays performance was terrible not one player played with pride nor passion

Rafa close the door on your way out
STILL CENSORED BY CLOWN MODS. FAQ OFF!

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23:07 pm »
*sigh*
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23:08 pm »
This summer's going to be interesting.  Hopefully, Rafa signs a new contract soon as you will start getting worried that the yanks will listen to the bellends otherwise.  There is no other manager out there that could get us to win the title under the financial constraints Rafa has to put up with.  Today was evidence of those constraints. 

Rafa has to say that NGog, Babel etc are good enough because...what choice does he have? He doesn't have anyone else.  But, do you really think he believes this? I don't think so.  We've lost some games this year because of poor defending.  We've lost some because we couldn't take our chances.  We lost the game today for both reasons. 

We need to buy, buy, buy in the summers.  We need a second Torres...that kind of quality up front.  United have Berbatov and when he is injured, they have Rooney and Tevez.  We have Ngog when Torres is injured and Babel who I don't believe is even a proper striker.  He's more of a wide player. 

As somebody said previously, it's not rocket science.  We didn't lose today because of the manager's tactics.  We didn't lose because he didn't make the right changes.  We lost because WE DON'T HAVE THE STRENGTH IN DEPTH and that is NOT Rafa's fault.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #899 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23:16 pm »
Dont lock this

I think questions need to be asked now. After a performance like that

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23:17 pm »
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23:27 pm »
Todays performance was terrible not one player played with pride nor passion

Rafa close the door on your way out
And so I'll ask the same of you. Replace Rafa with _____________?

Offline Antony

• Stupid, thick cup of soupio
  • Legacy Fan
  • Barack Obam-la is Scouse Society
« Reply #902 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23:34 pm »
I mentioned this before.

Regardless whether you believe he is the right man for the job or not. To give him a long term deal would be criminal.

Aye lad, whens the remix coming out?

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23:40 pm »
you mean the balls that jerked his knee?

How after 5 years is it a knee jerk reaction you fool

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: February 28, 2009, 05:24:15 pm »
I remember not so long ago when we were playing uefa cup football and by november were out of the running for wining the prem.

As long as we are making progress im happy, result today was frustrating but thats football.

Offline JoeK

• Legacy Fan
  • Come on you tricky reds...
« Reply #905 on: February 28, 2009, 05:24:18 pm »
I'd just throw a stipulation in that we have to try and be more offensive :)
What bits does it have? Because as long as there's not eight inches of slaghammer down there, I'd be up it like a rat up a drainpipe

Offline Caligula

• Kemlynite
« Reply #906 on: February 28, 2009, 05:24:22 pm »
Agree 100%.

Said the same last season. We haven't moved on. If anything we are going backwards.

I can't remember a LFC team I less expected to score than this one.

Sorry Rafa, you and all your flock are looking less and less credible.

Offline Dish shhh

• Kopite
  • It's always darkest before the dawn
« Reply #907 on: February 28, 2009, 05:24:43 pm »
Should wait until the end of the season.

He has done absolutely nothing, league wise, in 5 years to suggest he deserves any long term deal.

We're more or less 10 points behind the leaders with 11 games to go, and seeing the way we're playing could end up double that amount behind.

No title challenge from us this season, so far away from top in February tells it's own story.

I for one will nail my colors to the mast. I don't think he'll ever win us the league and want him gone at the end of the season.

You're like a cracked record.  That post is remarkably similar to the one you posted in the post match thread.

Since you started posting on here I can't actually remember a positive post that you've made.

A few questions:
1. wo defeats so far. Are you disappointed? Would you have taken that in August?
2. Your expectations prior to this season?
3. Replace Rafa with whom?
Brian Reade - "Rafa Benitez was many things at Liverpool but unlike every manager since Kenny Dalglish, he was not a failure. Indeed a majority of Liverpudlians will remember him as a legend. Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy".

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: February 28, 2009, 05:24:47 pm »
AAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHH!!!
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: February 28, 2009, 05:24:56 pm »
How after 5 years is it a knee jerk reaction you fool

Well it was 5 years when we beat Real Madrid why not post this then?
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #910 on: February 28, 2009, 05:24:58 pm »
Traditionally wanting the manager gone means you have a likely replacement in mind. Unless you'd want to hand over the reins to Sammy Lee.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #911 on: February 28, 2009, 05:24:59 pm »

I disagree though.

Me too. As there is no better replacement and we don't need another 5 years of rebuilding.

We're not lightyears away like when he joined. We're getting closer, albeit slowly.

I was more shocked at how players who were magnificent on Wednesday played with so little self-belief and composure just 3 days later.
JFT97

Offline s3am

• Main Stander
    • Rackandopinion
« Reply #912 on: February 28, 2009, 05:25:11 pm »
Sack him? If you'd given him an unlimited pot of money to compete with Utd, a la Chelsea, and we were 3rd, then fine.

But in our current predicament, owners, players contracts, CEO's all up in the air, the man is a walking miracle to me.

This whole 'fan power' sack him thing has got Newcastle really far.
aut viam inveniemus aut faciemus

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: February 28, 2009, 05:25:16 pm »
Dont lock this

I think questions need to be asked now. After a performance like that

What about the players? They where fuckin shite today.........
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #914 on: February 28, 2009, 05:25:26 pm »
replaced with who?

A title challenge.

What did you expect at the start of 2009?

Had enough of his shit. It scares me to death to think what bizarre decision he'd make if it was a real title challenge. This season is on a par with the season Houllier bought Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou et al. Totally lost his way, no idea how to sustain a title challenge. Very good in Europe, we've known that since day 1. But whilst we're doing pretty well in Europe, United are about to equal a record that has stood for decades. And its no coincidence that Rafa is the man in charge when they do. If we dont get any new owners in, then he HAS to go. If we get new owners with a bit of money, maybe give him on last chance. But really, its not good enough and hasnt been for a while. He has to take full blame for the shambles this season is turning into, and all I expect from him is yet another 'We were unlucky' press conference.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #915 on: February 28, 2009, 05:36:08 pm »

I disagree though.

Same.

I am a 100% in agreement with what I assume were Brentie's motive's for starting the thread - to get the fucking contract out of the way.

I would just much rather it be because he signed quickly, rather than it be left on the back burner 'til the end of the season.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: February 28, 2009, 05:46:41 pm »
I would like him to sign the contract but if Im honest I dont like the way he, Hicks, Gillet and Parry have conducted things at Liverpool over the past 18 months.

Trying to play out a war in public is not the way to do it and all 4 have been just as guilty of tarnishing our reputation.

If the contract is not signed within the next couple of weeks, all negotiations should stop and should be put to the side and looked at the end of the season. Once we have got the ownership situation sorted, the next step should be to get Benítez on a new contract, if only for the reason that things are done in a proper way.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #917 on: February 28, 2009, 05:49:23 pm »
We dont have the resources to win the league. People need to get that into their heads. The team isnt good enough and the squad even more so. Until this changes no manager will win us the league. We have one player who cost £20 million and one who cost £18 million, how many do the Mancs have? I can think of 6 off the top of my head in that price range, and that doesnt even include Ronaldo or Teves. They dont spend that kind of money on players for fun. They spend it becuase those are the kind of players who will win you championships. If they could win it spending less they would.

Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline s3am

• Main Stander
    • Rackandopinion
« Reply #918 on: February 28, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »
United are about to equal a record that has stood for decades. And its no coincidence that Rafa is the man in charge when they do.

Yes it is. How is it Rafa's fault that Utd are about to equal our record?

The man is compteting with an extraordinarily expensive and talented squad to win the premiership, so in effect you're asking Rafa to beat the best side in the world over 38 games when he has our owners and their purse strings, when he breaks our defensive transfer record we get Skrtel, they got Ferdinand, and even when we break our record and get Torres, they get Berbatov.

Oh and replace him with who?

We played badly today, but lets keep things in perspective.
aut viam inveniemus aut faciemus

Offline Drewas

• Kopite
  • Rotate on this!
« Reply #919 on: February 28, 2009, 05:50:27 pm »
Traditionally wanting the manager gone means you have a likely replacement in mind. Unless you'd want to hand over the reins to Sammy Lee.

I am a huge Rafa fan as my previous posts will testify to, but I have been of the view the last few weeks that maybe there has been so much mistrust and mis-information amoung the owners that may be Rafa should go.

Not because Rafa is a bad manager because hes not.
Not because hes been drawn into doing his negotiating in public.
Not because Rafa is unable to win us the Prem because i think he will.

But because hes been associated with this the worst period in recent LFC history.
When businesses fail sometimes the only way to move forward is to clear the decks of all staff associated with that period.

Mourinhio is the only serious candidate if you are looking for someone to provide us with success.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 05:54:16 pm by Drewas »