Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2623373 times)

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #1600 on: January 26, 2016, 10:08:17 am »
Who will be replacing him? Wimmer?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1601 on: January 26, 2016, 10:14:38 am »
They would.

Eriksen would not be an automatic in our side above Coutinho in that left attacking role. As good as Delle Alli is at present (the goals are highlights), i'd still want Firmino in the side too.

Spurs are going very well though and fair play to them. Pochettino is the man Man Utd should be looking at. Top coach.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: January 26, 2016, 10:18:49 am »
He's actually started every league game this season Vertoghnen. With EL starting again this will be a problem for them, this is their best chance ever of winning the league, they should spend big on a top defender in this window, if they have ambitions of winning the league. I think Levy will be delighted with 4th and won't spend.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: January 26, 2016, 10:20:31 am »
He's actually started every league game this season Vertoghnen. With EL starting again this will be a problem for them, this is their best chance ever of winning the league, they should spend big on a top defender in this window, if they have ambitions of winning the league. I think Levy will be delighted with 4th and won't spend.
Medial ligament injuries range from 2 weeks to 4 months. I guess it depends on how bad it is.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #1604 on: January 26, 2016, 12:23:27 pm »
Considering the injuries Arsenal City and Liverpool have had this season, they've been very lucky at Spurs.

We have been fairly fortunate but have had some key injuries, the fact that the replacements have been able to compete so well has made the impact less.  Both of our big signings have been injured for a prolonged period.  Our best player this year (Dembele) was out for a crucial period.  Our best midfielder of last year (Bentaleb -he realy was) has missed most of the season.  Our Second highest scorer of last year (Chadli) has been out And a number of other little niggles.

I am not comparing to your injuries but I would say that you have been very unlucky.  Other than Kane & Lloris we don't really have players who are head and shoulders above their replacement.  Its been great that The two CB's have stayed injury free and the loss of Vertonghen is worrying however rather him than Alderweireld as Wimmer plays on his side.

We also have Dier that can move back into CB if necessary.

(link added) http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35313650 does not show key players and Pritchard would have skewed it some part but shows we are in the "top 6" for injuries.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:41:01 pm by Inpeace »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1605 on: January 26, 2016, 01:04:34 pm »
Who will be replacing him? Wimmer?

Calm down dear.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1606 on: January 26, 2016, 01:04:48 pm »
Ł12m fee agreed for Andros Townsend, who's played what, 3 games for them this season in all competitions? Unbelieveable stuff.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: January 26, 2016, 01:06:05 pm »
Medial ligament injuries range from 2 weeks to 4 months. I guess it depends on how bad it is.

Without meaning to sound like a c*nt, I hope it's 4 months. Him and Alderweirld have been the best CB partnership in the league this season by a long way.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1608 on: January 26, 2016, 01:12:57 pm »
Connor Wickham finally did something useful
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1609 on: January 26, 2016, 02:27:03 pm »
Some bitter comments on here.

Never nice to see players injured.

Will be a big loss for them.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: January 26, 2016, 03:40:17 pm »
Without meaning to sound like a c*nt, I hope it's 4 months. Him and Alderweirld have been the best CB partnership in the league this season by a long way.
When we've won 3 league games on the run and stop looking like Fred Karno's circus at the back, i'll start worrying about injuries to Spurs players who are a pretty clean team, good to watch and giving young English lads a go in the side.

Right now, i'm perfectly happy to see Spurs and Leicester compete for the title and the top 4 because we sure as hell are not.

We need to worry about ourselves and our form before we even start to think about any other side in the League. As it stands, all Vertoghnen getting injured or Spurs dropping points does - is make the 5th place side (Man Utd) have more of an opportunity of relative success and they are more dangerous long term.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: January 28, 2016, 12:01:32 pm »
Some bitter comments on here.

Never nice to see players injured.

Will be a big loss for them.

Agree with that. Hope he makes a quick recovery or at least he doesn't get niggles when he returns

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: January 28, 2016, 06:47:30 pm »
Agree with that. Hope he makes a quick recovery or at least he doesn't get niggles when he returns

I'm hoping Wimmer can step in and do a good job. Hes looked a bit of a prospect. We shall see.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1613 on: January 30, 2016, 11:51:44 am »
do three Brazilians beat a pair of Dembeles?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #1614 on: January 31, 2016, 01:07:22 am »

:D

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: February 2, 2016, 09:41:45 pm »
Kane is the best English striker around. Don't think they will win the league but you can't rule them out.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #1616 on: February 2, 2016, 11:35:41 pm »
It absolutely does matter.
If the "spine" of the time has spent most of the season injured, it might explain why we're several points behind where we'd expect to be. In an alternate universe where the 2015-2016 Liverpool squad with their key players were healthy, we'd easily hvae picked up a couple more points than we ahve. Obviously it's a moot point as we don't win trophies or qualification living in hypothetical worlds, but the point still stands; injuries to key players have affected our campaign to a higher extent than it being a case of us lacking quality.

Spurs, on the other hand, have had a relatively fit squad with their key players available for most of their games. They deserve to be where they're at, but they're not 5 points ahead of us simply because their squad has better quality. If we can get the likes of Henderson and Sturridge fit for the majority of the remainder of the season I think we can finish above Spurs. In fact, my prediction is that we'll finish 3rd, just a few points behind 2nd place.
this prediction.
LOL.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: February 3, 2016, 12:33:29 am »
Kane is the best English striker around. Don't think they will win the league but you can't rule them out.

Yet there's a very good chance he won't be first choice for England at the world cup.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: February 3, 2016, 12:38:14 am »
Yet there's a very good chance he won't be first choice for England at the world cup.

Who will?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1619 on: February 3, 2016, 12:39:29 am »
Who will?
I'm guessing he means Rooney since he's captain and ol Roy loves him
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: February 3, 2016, 12:48:00 am »

Vardy, Kane, Sterling

That should be the front 3 on form.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #1621 on: February 3, 2016, 12:51:28 am »
The world cup is a ways off, so its hard to say, but The Euros, he should really be the number one choice and the White Pele not even in the squad.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1622 on: February 3, 2016, 01:55:53 am »
Keep sneaking 3 points...........
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #1623 on: February 3, 2016, 07:02:59 am »
Should have been way out after first half, hit the post twice.  Not really sneaking

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1624 on: February 3, 2016, 07:44:01 am »
Vardy, Kane, Sterling

That should be the front 3 on form.

Sterling isn't playing much.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1625 on: February 3, 2016, 08:31:11 am »

yeah, weird isn't it......been doing it since August and now we're into February and they're still fluking every win......Kane will be found out soon enough though...or he'll get injured and that'll be that....and none of their players would get into the LFC side......Its Spurs though, they'll find a way to fuck it up blah blah blah
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #1626 on: February 3, 2016, 08:34:04 am »
Are they title challengers? Or will they hit a rough patch as soon as the Europa League recommences?
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #1627 on: February 3, 2016, 09:56:42 am »
Are they title challengers? Or will they hit a rough patch as soon as the Europa League recommences?

Bound to hit a rough patch ("don't win anything with kids") just hope it is shallower than the others as there are no teams that look like they wont hit a patch.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1628 on: February 3, 2016, 10:10:27 am »
I was astounded to read Dele Alli has now scored as many PL goals as Jack Wilshere. I'm not sure what thread that should be in but I was surprised, given how hyped JW is.

Is it true they have first option on Bale? Should he leave Madrid? I can't quite see it, but if they could hold onto Kane and Pochettino for the next couple of seasons, it's hard not to imagine them consistently threatening the top 4. I think they'll stay in there. They have to go to Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and City still, but it's not hard to imagine them winning everywhere - they look like the real deal. The only thing that might hamper them in Europa League, if they get past Fiorentina, those Thursday/Sunday games aren't idea when you need to travel to far flung places.

They are lucky in that they don't need a squad overhaul, their squad is very decent. Upgrade on a few positions in the first team if you can - buy a couple of top quality players to slot straight in there, they don't need to be buying squad players.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: February 3, 2016, 11:23:58 am »
I was astounded to read Dele Alli has now scored as many PL goals as Jack Wilshere. I'm not sure what thread that should be in but I was surprised, given how hyped JW is.

Is it true they have first option on Bale? Should he leave Madrid? I can't quite see it, but if they could hold onto Kane and Pochettino for the next couple of seasons, it's hard not to imagine them consistently threatening the top 4. I think they'll stay in there. They have to go to Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and City still, but it's not hard to imagine them winning everywhere - they look like the real deal. The only thing that might hamper them in Europa League, if they get past Fiorentina, those Thursday/Sunday games aren't idea when you need to travel to far flung places.

They are lucky in that they don't need a squad overhaul, their squad is very decent. Upgrade on a few positions in the first team if you can - buy a couple of top quality players to slot straight in there, they don't need to be buying squad players.

Wouldn't that with Bale be like with most of these deals/options that they will be notified if someone is bidding on him and get their time to match that bid? Essentially not a trump card in the matter really!?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1630 on: February 3, 2016, 11:45:14 am »
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 
19 - Spurs have conceded fewer than 20 goals in their opening 24 games for the first time in their top-flight history (81 seasons). Resolute

Unbelievable stat. They conceded 53 goals last season! Pocchettino is the real deal. I hope somebody lure him away from there in the summer. Abroad preferably.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1631 on: February 3, 2016, 11:46:42 am »
Top goalkeeper and centre backs, good fullbacks, goalscoring midfielders and a proper striker.

They are going places.
JFT97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: February 3, 2016, 11:48:20 am »
Ruined my life. Actually we did that.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: February 3, 2016, 11:59:18 am »
The true test comes in the last 10 games, when the finishing line approaches. Spurs and Leciester have players that have never won anything and managers that have never won anything. Judging by history they won't be able to deal with the pressure , Spurs always collapsed from great positions when chasing a champions league spot even when they had Bale and Modric.
They look more like a team now but at some stage the winner of this league will have to win 6-7 in a row down the stretch. I know City are capable of that, I think Arsenal are capable of that. I don't see it with Spurs and Leciester, when we get down to the last 5 games and every game is must win, it's a whole new race then. 

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1634 on: February 3, 2016, 12:05:24 pm »
The true test comes in the last 10 games, when the finishing line approaches. Spurs and Leciester have players that have never won anything and managers that have never won anything. Judging by history they won't be able to deal with the pressure , Spurs always collapsed from great positions when chasing a champions league spot even when they had Bale and Modric.
They look more like a team now but at some stage the winner of this league will have to win 6-7 in a row down the stretch. I know City are capable of that, I think Arsenal are capable of that. I don't see it with Spurs and Leciester, when we get down to the last 5 games and every game is must win, it's a whole new race then. 

That's a good point but you have previously argued that you don't need that type of run to win it.

Both teams are playing with no fear though.

You haven't won in four in the league have you and are still there so kind of defeats that argument. Those draws against us, Stoke and Saints were huge failures as could be six points more.

Champions League will play a massive part too - City should get through. Barca are too strong for you in my eyes but you never know. But if you get a hiding that's not going to help confidence.

Spurs are better off sacking off Europe and going for the title. I can see no reason why they can't win as it's unpredictable.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: February 3, 2016, 01:57:48 pm »
That's a good point but you have previously argued that you don't need that type of run to win it.

Both teams are playing with no fear though.

You haven't won in four in the league have you and are still there so kind of defeats that argument. Those draws against us, Stoke and Saints were huge failures as could be six points more.

Champions League will play a massive part too - City should get through. Barca are too strong for you in my eyes but you never know. But if you get a hiding that's not going to help confidence.

Spurs are better off sacking off Europe and going for the title. I can see no reason why they can't win as it's unpredictable.

I said this season you can challenge for the title without being brilliant and we are proving that, but the team that will win it in the end won't do it by default but by grabbing the last 6/7 games and winning every one. That's what will separate the winners from the challengers. Not sure Spurs and Leciester can handle that mentally.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1636 on: February 3, 2016, 02:19:18 pm »
I said this season you can challenge for the title without being brilliant and we are proving that, but the team that will win it in the end won't do it by default but by grabbing the last 6/7 games and winning every one. That's what will separate the winners from the challengers. Not sure Spurs and Leciester can handle that mentally.

And Arsenal can? Sorry mate but Arsenal have proven year after year they don't have the mentality to handle a proper push for the title, whether it be faltering in the last 7 games or in the around the middle of the season. There is certainly  precedent to follow as far as Arsenal is concerned.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1637 on: February 3, 2016, 02:20:46 pm »

What evidence is there to suggest Arsenal can?

This all hinges on City. If they continue to under perform then there is every chance Leicester, Spurs or Arsenal could win it. City are the only team you can make a reasonable claim that they could go on a run and win it.

The closer the top 4 stay together, the more chance City might take confidence from previous seasons, feeling they can go on a run and win it, maybe pushing ahead and prioritising the CL until someone pulls away in the League - if that does happen.

I can totally see City falling into that kind of trap.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1638 on: February 3, 2016, 02:30:52 pm »

Doubt it will go to the last game. No-one has been consistent, but it just takes a run of five or six wins and someone will be out of sight. I'd expect the title wrapped up with four to go. Fuck knows who to, though.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: February 3, 2016, 02:36:44 pm »
And Arsenal can? Sorry mate but Arsenal have proven year after year they don't have the mentality to handle a proper push for the title, whether it be faltering in the last 7 games or in the around the middle of the season. There is certainly  precedent to follow as far as Arsenal is concerned.

Arsenal have won trophies in the last 2 years and "won" champions league races on the last day etc. Obviously we have a manager that won the premier league three times and a fan base that still remember title races. Not as adept as Man city who are well versed now in winning title races and there are big question marks if we can step up when it matters but I would put us ahead of Spurs and Leciester down the stretch. They have no experience at all and I don't think you can come from nowhere to win it, Infact I've never seen a team that didn't finish top 3 or win the cup go on to win the league the following season, big game experience down the stretch when every game is massive counts a lot. We have failed in title races but  just in the last 18 months we have played 2 cup finals and matches against Bayern munich and soon Barcelona. I do believe these things do count in the last few weeks of the season. Just based on the last 20 years or so, this year could be different, I just can't see it.