Author Topic: Old photos of and around Liverpool  (Read 610915 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Believer
  • Yeah right..
Re: Old photos of and around Liverpool
« Reply #3800 on: January 17, 2021, 02:13:33 pm »
King brick? Not sure.

We used to use half bricks to play trams in the flattened bomb sites making convulted tram tracks, whilst stimulating our immune systems with all the bugs living happily in the environs.

King brick was a game we played when the houses were being knocked down.
Full 'ordinary common' bricks only were used, you chose your brick & took turns to whack your opponents brick laid on the floor. When a brick was less than 3/4 size it was out.
Winner went first..sometimes you'd get a King Brick which went strong to about 30, was great if you knew someone who needed any hardcore.
Not so good looking back at the carnage we dealt to good bricks..kids & their boredom eh.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Old photos of and around Liverpool
« Reply #3801 on: January 18, 2021, 05:58:08 pm »
King brick was a game we played when the houses were being knocked down.
Full 'ordinary common' bricks only were used, you chose your brick & took turns to whack your opponents brick laid on the floor. When a brick was less than 3/4 size it was out.
Winner went first..sometimes you'd get a King Brick which went strong to about 30, was great if you knew someone who needed any hardcore.
Not so good looking back at the carnage we dealt to good bricks..kids & their boredom eh.

I can honestly say I never played King Brick on the prime bomb sites off Mill Street. Maybe a Park Road thing or even a North End  :o game.