Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 1012003 times)

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Believer
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 18 & 5
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #43640 on: February 6, 2017, 05:47:58 AM »
holy fuck tommy...... you are immortal......un

Believable
Rest in Peace Samee

YNWA

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Believer
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43641 on: February 6, 2017, 05:48:33 AM »
 true greatness
Rest in Peace Samee

YNWA

Offline Claus

• Only associates with saucy fuckers!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43642 on: February 6, 2017, 06:31:31 AM »
So much fun going back and reading all the cocky tweets from people at half time. Who would ever count out the Patriots?

Offline Nitramdorf

• Kopite
« Reply #43643 on: February 6, 2017, 06:59:41 AM »
Only just got into work to find out the score, wow. Had to leave it at 14-0. Wasn't expecting that, wish I could have seen it live.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #43644 on: February 6, 2017, 07:48:59 AM »
Went to bed at halftime. My last thought before I fell asleep was 'you should have stuck 50 on the pats to win'.
Black magic voodoo is the only explanation.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Believer
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43645 on: February 6, 2017, 07:49:12 AM »
Only just got into work to find out the score, wow. Had to leave it at 14-0. Wasn't expecting that, wish I could have seen it live.
even if you had seen it, nobody would've believed it
Rest in Peace Samee

YNWA

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43646 on: February 6, 2017, 08:15:01 AM »
The Hoodie will probably be back in Foxboro this morning watching tape for next season ;D

Online Shooter NickGavin

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43647 on: February 6, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »
Atlanta will never get over it. Biggest choke in Superbowl history

Worse than Ray Finkel?

Just read through the last ten pages or so without knowing the score. Sensed a comeback given the amount of pages!

May I humbly say I was the first to mention Istanbul.  I thought you lot were meant to be the experts?
I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #43648 on: February 6, 2017, 08:58:21 AM »
I went to bed at 28-20 when the Partriots lost possesion with about 2 minutes left. Looked for all the world that Atlanta would score - make it a 2 score game and effectively end it. I woke up this morning......
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #43649 on: February 6, 2017, 08:59:44 AM »
Never in doubt. "Roger that."  8)

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=202405729&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=202405729&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1</a>
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43650 on: February 6, 2017, 09:39:42 AM »
Wow, gotta give huge credit to the Pats, they are truly superb.  Brady, Belichick, possibly the greastest of all time....

However, that's the biggest choke in Super Bowl history by far!!!  Yes, the Pats were great, but they shouldn't have won that game, given the position the Falcons got themselves in!!

Unless they come back to win it in the next year or two, this team will be remembered for being the greatest chokers in history!   :D

« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 09:41:22 AM by Red-Soldier »

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43651 on: February 6, 2017, 09:46:05 AM »
Once the GOAT returns against the Browns he will be on a drive for 5  ;D
And five months later...

"Toss to White...heeeee's in! The Patriots win the Super Bowl! Brady has his fifth!"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Believer
« Reply #43652 on: February 6, 2017, 09:50:20 AM »
Unreal comeback from the Patriots, credit to them. The playoffs were fairly boring to be honest but at least the Superbowl was good. Already looking forward to September.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43653 on: February 6, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
Woke up convinced the Falcons had won it. 
If I live to 100 I'll never understand their play selection at 28-20. I mean, didn't Julio Jones catch the ball just outside the 20??
Ryan just cannot take a sack there on 2nd down.  One football writer who calls those plays 'Bortles' (or 'Staffords') - taking a sack that moves you out of field goal range.  Even then, on 3rd down they got enough yards for a straightforward kick before the holding penalty forced a punt. (And silly pens killed the Falcons).

Tired now though. Going to be a long day at work..
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43654 on: February 6, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »
Great to see veteran GOATs doing their thing. Brady and Federer in the last week or so, pretty cool.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43655 on: February 6, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »
Still can't work out what I watched last night. Absolutely unbelievable.

Mixture of one mistake by the Falcons, and the greatest player to ever throw a football doing something astonishing. What a game. What a win.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream
  • Believer
  • Five Times, Baby...
« Reply #43656 on: February 6, 2017, 10:39:04 AM »
How fucking stupid can you be, giving such a lead away? Went to bed at 28-3 and while I knew it was possible that the Patriots might come back, I thought it was very unlikely. In the end, I don't really regret not staying up, as I'm not too interested in the Falcons. And while having witnessed an epic comeback like that would have been special, it would also have made me angry as it's the Patriots. Then again, you just have to respect Brady, Belichick and the whole franchise for what they've achieved. And if they weren't already that comeback has made them immortal... ;)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43657 on: February 6, 2017, 10:39:54 AM »
Luckily took today off work and will now watch the entire Patriot playoff campaign topped off with a replay of Super Bowl 51  ;D

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43658 on: February 6, 2017, 10:46:12 AM »
I was saying at HT as those around me were saying it was over.. to never write off the Pats and Brady.

What transpired was equally unbelievable and believable in equal measure.

The Falcons and their fans will never live this one down.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream
  • Believer
  • Five Times, Baby...
« Reply #43659 on: February 6, 2017, 10:47:07 AM »
Luckily took today off work and will now watch the entire Patriot playoff campaign topped off with a replay of Super Bowl 51  ;D

You are a disgusting man... ;)

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #43660 on: February 6, 2017, 10:48:27 AM »
I still can not believe we pulled this win. When it went overtime, i thought Falcons will win to make our grief even sharper after such a comeback. It's crazy our super bowls always go down the wire, first seahawks game and now this. Congrats to all fellow parriots fans here.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43661 on: February 6, 2017, 10:53:58 AM »
You are a disgusting man... ;)
:lmao

I like to think I'm a good laugh in here  ;D

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #43662 on: February 6, 2017, 10:54:34 AM »
I was saying at HT as those around me were saying it was over.. to never write off the Pats and Brady.

What transpired was equally unbelievable and believable in equal measure.

The Falcons and their fans will never live this one down.

Yep as well as the Pats played on offence in the 4th and OT, this result is pretty squarely on the Falcons fucking it up.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43663 on: February 6, 2017, 10:57:37 AM »
Yep as well as the Pats played on offence in the 4th and OT, this result is pretty squarely on the Falcons fucking it up.
True to an extent mate.

However, a lesser side than the Patriots wouldn't have capitalised as well as New England did last night.

Offline coolbyrne

• Believer
  • Ground Control
« Reply #43664 on: February 6, 2017, 10:58:24 AM »
will be a superbowl record comeback if you do win it from here

Just going back through some of the pages from last night...
Oh, these sour times.

If I ever see you in person I'm going to knock you the fuck out you prick.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43665 on: February 6, 2017, 11:01:17 AM »
True to an extent mate.

However, a lesser side than the Patriots wouldn't have capitalised as well as New England did last night.

True

A better side than them wouldn't have found themselves in that hole as well though ;)

Ludicrous what a difference mentality and momentum makes.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43666 on: February 6, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »
It isn't over until it's over.

Get a score before the half and the Hoodie will get them going at half-time.
Great post  :wellin

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #43667 on: February 6, 2017, 11:21:16 AM »
that falcons fumble with 8-9 mins remaining shifted all momentum to us and was the key.

Offline Statto Red

• Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43668 on: February 6, 2017, 11:28:25 AM »
Woke up convinced the Falcons had won it. 
If I live to 100 I'll never understand their play selection at 28-20. I mean, didn't Julio Jones catch the ball just outside the 20??
Ryan just cannot take a sack there on 2nd down.  One football writer who calls those plays 'Bortles' (or 'Staffords') - taking a sack that moves you out of field goal range.  Even then, on 3rd down they got enough yards for a straightforward kick before the holding penalty forced a punt. (And silly pens killed the Falcons).

Tired now though. Going to be a long day at work..

As i've mentioned, was dumb play calling after the Julio Jones catch, all the Falcons needed to do then was run the ball, running clock down & force the Pats to burn a couple of timeouts, then go for the FG to try & get an 11 point lead with around 2 minutes left in the 4th, but no they went for passing play so Ryan get's sacked, then they give a penalty away & are then out of FG range & have to punt it away, & the rest is history.

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #43669 on: February 6, 2017, 11:32:44 AM »
As i've mentioned, was dumb play calling after the Julio Jones catch, all the Falcons needed to do then was run the ball, running clock down & force the Pats to burn a couple of timeouts, then go for the FG to try & get an 11 point lead with around 2 minutes left in the 4th, but no they went for passing play so Ryan get's sacked, then they give a penalty away & are then out of FG range & have to punt it away, & the rest is history.

exactly, they didn't even have to be adventurous after julio catch. take a knee, eat the clock, kick the fg and game over.

Offline Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #43670 on: February 6, 2017, 11:37:56 AM »
Their plays in the last minute were shocking as well, short throws in the middle of the field and running out the end zone, they just did so much wrong in the final quarter and a bit.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43671 on: February 6, 2017, 11:43:24 AM »
Their plays in the last minute were shocking as well, short throws in the middle of the field and running out the end zone, they just did so much wrong in the final quarter and a bit.

I think that was a bit trickier for them though, at that stage they had no timeouts left and the Pats had a couple I think (and obviously all the momentum), so couldn't really control the clock and probably worried about giving the ball back to the Pats with time left to play with.

When momentum goes that badly teams can start to fear the negative rather than look for the positive, especially with the way their offence had blown up in the previous drive.

Still might have won it of course had they won the toss in OT, still not a fan of the NFL OT rules.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 11:49:52 AM by filopastry »

Online Shooter NickGavin

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43672 on: February 6, 2017, 11:58:45 AM »
^^^

As a non regular watcher those OT rules do seem absurd.  Hardly like football we're kick off doesn't really matter.  To give one side the chance to score and not allow rhe other any chance to respond does seem a bit ridiculous.  Reading through it seems like that rule used to apply even if it was just a field goal scored. At least that's changed but why not just give each side one drive each and maybe then go to sudden death if there's still no score?

And I say that as someone with no axe to grind!
I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43673 on: February 6, 2017, 12:01:44 PM »
^^^

As a non regular watcher those OT rules do seem absurd.  Hardly like football we're kick off doesn't really matter.  To give one side the chance to score and not allow rhe other any chance to respond does seem a bit ridiculous.  Reading through it seems like that rule used to apply even if it was just a field goal scored. At least that's changed but why not just give each side one drive each and maybe then go to sudden death if there's still no score?

It's a valid comment and certainly a rule that requires some discussion and scrutiny at the owners meetings this off-season with regards to future rule changes.

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #43674 on: February 6, 2017, 12:07:20 PM »
OT rules are absurd, I agree but Falcons have noone but only themselves to blame.
I thought they would kick a FG and it would be over when they would be up 11.
They lost the game there and mentally couldn't come back.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43675 on: February 6, 2017, 12:10:07 PM »
W
OT rules are absurd, I agree but Falcons have noone but only themselves to blame.
I thought they would kick a FG and it would be over when they would be up 11.
They lost the game there and mentally couldn't come back.

Pretty much, cant blame OT rules when you lose a 25 point lead. Its a bad rule but its not why they lost, its still in your ability to win it from there but their defence was gone by that point, Patriots didnt even get to a 3rd down, just marched down the field.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream
  • Believer
  • Five Times, Baby...
« Reply #43676 on: February 6, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »
^^^

Nah, if it had been a field goal, the Falcons would have gotten the ball to try and score a field goal and OT going on or to score a TD and winning the game. Totally agree about the rules being stupid.

Speaking about OT, there was a team recently (last two or three seasons probably) that won the coin toss in OT, but chose to kick it first and then lost without ever getting their offense on the field. Who was that? I'm thinking Colts, but could be wrong...

Offline mc_red22

• Believer
« Reply #43677 on: February 6, 2017, 12:22:33 PM »
What a master bottle job from Atlanta. They had it in the palm of their hands and they pissed on their own bonfire.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43678 on: February 6, 2017, 12:22:41 PM »
It was the biggest chokes of all-time, in the biggest single sporting event in the world.  ;D

The big question is, how do the Falcons respond to that defeat?  How will they go next season?

Will it galvanise the team, make them stronger, and spur them to go on to right the wrong, or will it weigh on them like a huge milstone?
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 12:24:19 PM by Red-Soldier »

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43679 on: February 6, 2017, 12:23:21 PM »
replay is on sky now, Patriots 9-28 down 12.41 left, can't see anyway back