Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2989122 times)

Online Legs

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64480 on: November 1, 2020, 11:50:15 am »
Id like to see Davis v Lomachenko he has seemed to side step him but that wont happen whilst Loma has no belt.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64481 on: November 1, 2020, 12:35:11 pm »
"The Tank" is a nickname that just does not belong on a 135lber. Still, what a finish. Wonder what Ryan Garcia thought of that.

Considering that finish I would beg to differ

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64482 on: November 1, 2020, 12:56:26 pm »
Fuckin' hell that's what you call a Knockout.  :D

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64483 on: November 1, 2020, 01:53:05 pm »
Wow, just watched it..

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64484 on: November 1, 2020, 03:09:19 pm »
What a KO that was. Was a really good fight. Santa Cruz started really well, think it changed in the 4th when Davis first hurt him, was a little more reticent after that. The 6th was a cracker though and Santa Cruz was giving as good as he got up until the finisher.
Ridiculous power and a decent counter puncher but could be in trouble if he fights a boxer who can take his power (although I defy anyone at that weight to survive being caught flush by one of those uppercuts)
“ When I see the Bill Shankly statue, I look at the sentiment on the base. It says: 'He made the people happy’. Well now the modern Liverpool is making the fans and the city happy. And that makes me so proud." - Gerard Houllier

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64485 on: November 1, 2020, 05:46:13 pm »
Potvekin or Tank, that's a stupidly tough choice for KO of the year

Not a shot like the uppercut when it lands flush like that. Explosive shot from Tank as it was from Povetkin back in August.

Stopped scoring Chisora-Usyk after 5 rounds have Del-Boy 3-2 up at that point so will watch it again. Anyone on here watch Inoue-Moloney, have seen the end but wonder if that's worth a watch too.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64486 on: November 1, 2020, 05:49:36 pm »
Inoue got a 7th round stoppage as well mate.  Worth it for his precision boxing alone.

Online Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #64487 on: November 1, 2020, 05:57:18 pm »
What a KO that was. Was a really good fight. Santa Cruz started really well, think it changed in the 4th when Davis first hurt him, was a little more reticent after that. The 6th was a cracker though and Santa Cruz was giving as good as he got up until the finisher.
Ridiculous power and a decent counter puncher but could be in trouble if he fights a boxer who can take his power (although I defy anyone at that weight to survive being caught flush by one of those uppercuts)

I think what sets Davis apart is the combination of lightening hand speed and destructive power. Usually the fighters with really fast hands tend to fight on their toes whereas Davis really sits down on his punches.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Online arthur sarnoff

• Believer
« Reply #64488 on: November 1, 2020, 06:15:31 pm »
Inoue got a 7th round stoppage as well mate.  Worth it for his precision boxing alone.

Possibly my favourite fighter in the world right now.  Just electric.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64489 on: November 1, 2020, 07:51:05 pm »
I see Wilder's crawled out from whatever rock he's been hiding under. Now he reckons Fury had put weights in his gloves ;D

He really needs to fuck off until this unification fight happens. No one's arsed about him.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64490 on: November 1, 2020, 07:58:35 pm »
Did know Fury was trained by Antonio Margharito.  ;D

Online Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #64491 on: November 1, 2020, 08:23:42 pm »
If you look closely at this image then there are 8 hooves but only 7 horseshoes.

I think Deontay may be onto something.

« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 08:26:43 pm by Al 666 »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64492 on: November 2, 2020, 02:09:07 pm »
Frank Warren say's Agit Kabayel is the chosen opponent for Tyson Fury next.  ;D

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64493 on: November 2, 2020, 02:22:54 pm »
Tell me that’s a made up name
“ When I see the Bill Shankly statue, I look at the sentiment on the base. It says: 'He made the people happy’. Well now the modern Liverpool is making the fans and the city happy. And that makes me so proud." - Gerard Houllier

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64494 on: November 2, 2020, 02:27:04 pm »
Not made up mate.  :D

Unbeaten fighter but has fought tomato cans bar Chisora who he beat three years ago.

Online Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64495 on: November 2, 2020, 02:29:05 pm »
Don't care who he fights as long as they are able to set up the fights with Joshua next year

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64496 on: November 2, 2020, 02:39:58 pm »
Would have wanted a Latvian to be honest. This guy very comfortably beat Chisora when he fought. Fury will win but I don't want cuts or any stories

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64497 on: November 2, 2020, 02:47:46 pm »
Of all the fights he could have had he chooses Ajit Kabayel who I’m still convinced Samie has made up. Is it purely a case of Fury not wanting a tough fight before the proposed Joshua fight? Are the better fighters tied up with fights elsewhere? Or, is it just another bum for Fury to add to his list and then claim to be the best?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64498 on: November 2, 2020, 02:50:45 pm »
 ;D

The toughest opponent he could've fought as a tune up fight would be Rivas but he's in that category of "Might do some damage". Basically they just want Tyson Fury ticking over before the AJ fight. 

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64499 on: November 2, 2020, 02:56:00 pm »
I would have co-signed Dave Allen if im being honest. I don't want any stories. It's a shame it wont be a crowd but the AJ V Fury fight is withing touching distance.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64500 on: November 2, 2020, 02:59:05 pm »
;D

The toughest opponent he could've fought as a tune up fight would be Rivas but he's in that category of "Might do some damage". Basically they just want Tyson Fury ticking over before the AJ fight.
Rivas is a hard night's work. I'd expect Fury to win a UD but if he has an off night he could get beaten as Rivas doesn't stop coming at you! Kabayel seems to be a fairly middling fighter and I doubt he will cause many issues. However, he is at least somewhat competent and will probably force Fury to train properly at least.

I would have co-signed Dave Allen if im being honest. I don't want any stories. It's a shame it wont be a crowd but the AJ V Fury fight is withing touching distance.
You'd have Fury against Dave Allen??  ;D That would be taking the piss after his 'performance' against Price. Might as well fight Price!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64501 on: November 2, 2020, 03:26:01 pm »
I just want to see two brits for all 4 belts in 2021. Honestly, I have no care in the world who Fury fights, just that he wins. Price would be great fight due to their history, but could you imagine if Price chinned him. Fcking hell

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64502 on: November 2, 2020, 03:45:00 pm »

Lovely stuff.  Ticks all the Frank Warren boxes:

- Unbeaten
- Suspect KO percentage
- No one on his CV with a winning record
- Only fights in his home country
- Massive disadvantage in height, weight and reach

Slightly dissapointed to see that he has Derek Chisora on his CV, but it could have been Delboy's homeless twin that shows up every now and then.

Online Legs

• Kopite
« Reply #64503 on: November 2, 2020, 05:32:10 pm »
It is a TBC Frank Warren special as I call it but to be fair its just a tick over fight.

At 6-8 weeks notice you arent likely to get anyone decent as they will want a big payday and with zero crowds that is not happening.

The AJ v Fury fight has to be in doubt with Covid now anyway unless they find somewhere who will stage it with fans in May/June time.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64504 on: November 2, 2020, 05:36:10 pm »
Jeddah my friend, Jeddah.  :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64505 on: November 2, 2020, 06:54:51 pm »
I'll be absolutely gutted if it's not in the UK. And in front of fans.

A 50/50 fight between 2 British heavyweights for the undisputed championship of the world is about the biggest thing I'll ever have a chance to see in my lifetime boxing wise.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #64506 on: November 3, 2020, 02:10:53 pm »
Povetkin has tested positive for Covid.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #64507 on: November 3, 2020, 02:26:55 pm »
Povetkin has tested positive for Covid.

Which was the last thing he hadn't been tested positive to already.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64508 on: November 3, 2020, 02:49:59 pm »
 ;D

Rematch has been postponed as well.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64509 on: November 3, 2020, 06:57:01 pm »
Whyte vs Chisora looks confirmed for 21st Nov

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64510 on: November 4, 2020, 04:06:10 pm »
Erm... Chisora was involved in a tough fight last weekend. Can't see him doing very well if he fights again so soon.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64511 on: November 5, 2020, 10:20:54 pm »
Grandad Ortiz now calling out Wilder again.  ;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64512 on: November 6, 2020, 08:11:21 am »

Not true. Whyte isn't fighting now. Doesn't want it.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64513 on: November 6, 2020, 09:31:37 am »
Not true. Whyte isn't fighting now. Doesn't want it.
Why would he? It is a risk, even if Del Boy would likely be gassed after five rounds. He knows that for as long as Chisora has gas in the tank, he will keep coming. Whyte clearly would prefer to wait for Povetkin to recover. Fighting Chisora is the ultimate lose-lose situation IMO.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #64514 on: November 6, 2020, 05:19:35 pm »
Canelo now a free agent apparently and fighting Caleb Plant Dec 19th according to ESPN.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64515 on: November 6, 2020, 05:37:27 pm »
He may as well be facing a dead plant.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64516 on: November 7, 2020, 12:10:03 am »
He may as well be facing a dead plant.
;D

Tbf, Plant is a decent fighter. Be shocked if he gives the ginger diva even minor difficulties though.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64517 on: November 10, 2020, 01:01:02 pm »
Might have a cheeky fiver on Brook.

He is easily Crawford's best opponent at WW, had lots of notice, can rehydrate after weigh in to as much as he likes, and has nothing to lose

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64518 on: November 10, 2020, 01:29:18 pm »
Fordy has bet his mortgage on it though. Do better mate.  :D

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #64519 on: November 10, 2020, 01:46:10 pm »
Grandad Ortiz now calling out Wilder again.  ;D
Beat some pudding the other day, one of the weakest KO's I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Owc8umC5Zs&ab_channel=PBCONFOX