Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2492618 times)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59640 on: February 15, 2019, 01:30:37 PM »
You need 16 weeks to comply with doping regulations.

To the guy that said Whyte was offered 30 mill, where'd you pull that from? Whyte was offered a 15% cut as he has said.

Think the doping thing is a red herring mate, they're both signed up to year round testing anyway. Not that Dillian Whyte is one to talk in that area!

Online Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #59641 on: February 18, 2019, 12:20:58 PM »
Fury signs with Top Rank.

What will that mean for the Wilder rematch?
Premier League Predictions 19/20 sign up thread -

LFC Predictions 19/20 -

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59642 on: February 18, 2019, 12:48:35 PM »

It will nuke it.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:51:33 PM by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59643 on: February 18, 2019, 01:01:30 PM »

Urgh. Any combination of Fury, Wilder and Joshua is now much harder to make.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59644 on: February 18, 2019, 01:18:47 PM »
It smacks of a guy that has been told an AJ fight just isn't on the cards (regardless of how any potential rematch with Wilder goes) so has his sights set on where he was post suspension/comeback. Fighting bums ether side of the Atlantic to earn enough money and possibly get a chance at any vacated belts AJ drops due to scheduling/Boxing board decisions)

It's not a bad thing. It's just his level

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59645 on: February 18, 2019, 01:22:19 PM »
I personally would've had AJ fight Ortiz but then again i don't want a pensioner getting beaten up.

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Definitely!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #59646 on: February 18, 2019, 01:23:51 PM »
It smacks of a guy that has been told an AJ fight just isn't on the cards (regardless of how any potential rematch with Wilder goes) so has his sights set on where he was post suspension/comeback. Fighting bums ether side of the Atlantic to earn enough money and possibly get a chance at any vacated belts AJ drops due to scheduling/Boxing board decisions)

It's not a bad thing. It's just his level

AJ is in the position that unless the other guy has the other belt he has to fight mandatories. He can't take a voluntary on like he'd have to with Fury otherwise he'd drop belts so it makes sense that Fury has to work his way up again
Earn cashback on all your purchases with Quidco!

http://www.quidco.com/user/3878046/1870622/

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #59647 on: February 18, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »
Urgh. Any combination of Fury, Wilder and Joshua is now much harder to make.

No unification fights in the near future,how many fights are the Aj and Wilder contracts for ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #59648 on: February 18, 2019, 02:02:04 PM »
Not sure how this deal makes sense for ESPN unless he's fighting against the very best as his fights aren't exactly the most exciting for the most part.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59649 on: February 18, 2019, 03:21:53 PM »
Not sure how this deal makes sense for ESPN unless he's fighting against the very best as his fights aren't exactly the most exciting for the most part.

He can sell them though, that's what matters.

Floyd didn't exactly have a crowd pleasing style but he was box office.

No unification fights in the near future,how many fights are the Aj and Wilder contracts for ?

Eddie Hearn owns AJ's soul for life I think. I'm not actually sure if Wilder is exclusive to Showtime though.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #59650 on: February 18, 2019, 03:42:57 PM »
He can sell them though, that's what matters.

Floyd didn't exactly have a crowd pleasing style but he was box office.

Eddie Hearn owns AJ's soul for life I think. I'm not actually sure if Wilder is exclusive to Showtime though.

I should've been more specific,was talking about their TV deals,Aj is on Dazn in the US & Wilder is on an exclusive Showtime deal isn't he ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59651 on: February 18, 2019, 04:28:33 PM »

I should've been more specific,was talking about their TV deals,Aj is on Dazn in the US & Wilder is on an exclusive Showtime deal isn't he ?

Yeah, Joshua is on DAZN and Sky, and I think he'll stay with Matchroom for the forseeable so will be with the same networks as long as Hearn is.

I'm not actually sure about Wilder, his last fight was on Showtime but I'm not sure if they have a deal or if it was a fight by fight thing.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59652 on: February 18, 2019, 09:07:57 PM »
It is believed that Wilder stands to earn $14 million (£10.94m) for the December 1 showdown while Fury is expected to pocket $10m (£7.82m).

The above is what they earned in the first fight. No way their earnings double in a second fight.

Looks like Fury's earnings more than doubled

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59653 on: February 18, 2019, 10:24:11 PM »
I was meant to go to the Frank Warren card this weekend in Leicester. Postponed to the 23rd March when I'll be away in Ireland  ::)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59654 on: February 19, 2019, 09:07:48 AM »
I was meant to go to the Frank Warren card this weekend in Leicester. Postponed to the 23rd March when I'll be away in Ireland  ::)

Come on mate, never buy tickets for a Frank Warren card. You're asking for trouble.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59655 on: February 19, 2019, 03:19:26 PM »
I see Eubank Sr is banging the drum about his son being a worthy successor to Floyd Mayweather. Give it up old man, your son is a European level fighter at best.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59656 on: February 19, 2019, 03:27:03 PM »
I saw a good interview on Joe with Eubank & Carl Frampton last night. With the latter having to keep a straight face on a few occasions.

Online Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Believer
« Reply #59657 on: February 19, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »
I see Eubank Sr is banging the drum about his son being a worthy successor to Floyd Mayweather. Give it up old man, your son is a European level fighter at best.
hahahaha.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59658 on: February 19, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »

I thought he was the new Sugar Ray Leonard?

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59659 on: February 19, 2019, 07:15:29 PM »
hahahaha.
Was that at Eubank Sr or me saying his son is European level? Which let's face it, he is.

I thought he was the new Sugar Ray Leonard?
In his dad's mind, He's Sugar Ray, Muhammad Ali and Jack Dempsey all rolled into one.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:18:45 PM by King.Keita »

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #59660 on: February 19, 2019, 08:18:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1097936531073974275

This Jarrell Miller really is like a dog, constantly barking. Hope AJ absolutely blasts him out of there

EDIT: Just seen their press conference. Fuck. Me. The guy is easily the most childish and unlikeable twat on the planet.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:28:49 PM by King.Keita »

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59661 on: February 19, 2019, 10:52:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1097936531073974275

This Jarrell Miller really is like a dog, constantly barking. Hope AJ absolutely blasts him out of there

EDIT: Just seen their press conference. Fuck. Me. The guy is easily the most childish and unlikeable twat on the planet.

Warren said this morning that Fury knocked Miller down about 7 times in sparring.

Micky mouse fight this mate. Josh will win easily

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Believer
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #59662 on: February 19, 2019, 11:52:42 PM »
Without being precious about AJ, who the fuck does this fat pudding think he is? His nipples are in his armpits.

Beat a 76 year old Adamek, who is a cruiserweight at his best, and thinks he's got the nuts to beat the champion.

Whyte would twat this idiot. His best option after the AJ KO would be a brawl with Chisora. Would at least be an entertaining fight between two packets of Lurpak.

Also, this is a legit comment from the boxing scene forum.....says a lot about US fans...:

TIMOTHY TAIT
There's still rematch upon rematch he can take in the UK. The "people" of the UK won't question it either, they are peasants by blood - thousands of years of being whipped into submission by their rulers and monarchy. They don't question, they obey. They will buy his PPVs regardless of who he faces.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806952
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:16:43 AM by Golden_Child »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59663 on: February 20, 2019, 09:03:05 AM »
That forum is the pits. Go there sometimes for news but never read below the line. Bluemoon levels of insanity at times.

There's not a lot of good places to talk boxing on the Internet.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59664 on: February 20, 2019, 09:44:14 AM »
He is to be fair... in terms of being a complete twat. The comparison ends there however.

Come on mate, never buy tickets for a Frank Warren card. You're asking for trouble.
The missus got it as a Valentine's Day gift; she doesn't know anything about Warren's dodginess.

That forum is the pits. Go there sometimes for news but never read below the line. Bluemoon levels of insanity at times.

There's not a lot of good places to talk boxing on the Internet.
A bit like football I'm afraid. Social media is a cesspool for the most part; the scumbags like to come out to talk complete wham.

Without being precious about AJ, who the fuck does this fat pudding think he is? His nipples are in his armpits.

Beat a 76 year old Adamek, who is a cruiserweight at his best, and thinks he's got the nuts to beat the champion.

Whyte would twat this idiot. His best option after the AJ KO would be a brawl with Chisora. Would at least be an entertaining fight between two packets of Lurpak.

Also, this is a legit comment from the boxing scene forum.....says a lot about US fans...:

TIMOTHY TAIT
There's still rematch upon rematch he can take in the UK. The "people" of the UK won't question it either, they are peasants by blood - thousands of years of being whipped into submission by their rulers and monarchy. They don't question, they obey. They will buy his PPVs regardless of who he faces.

:o That guy is high on crack or something.

As for Pork Pie Miller, the main reason he was chosen for AJ's big U.S. debut is due to his big mouth. Hearn knows he will sell the fight and get plenty of coverage with his nonsense. AJ's camp also knows that Miller will throw lots of punches and be ripe for a spectacular KO.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:47:49 AM by 1892tillforever »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59665 on: February 20, 2019, 12:36:22 PM »

TIMOTHY TAIT

This is spot on on many levels.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59666 on: February 20, 2019, 01:06:20 PM »
Just watched the press conference between AJ and Miller. Bit lost for words, another hood sob story from Miller, never had shit, seen so much evil so now I gotta act like a right prick. Hope AJ don't get caught up in this nonsense sideshow and does his talking in the ring.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59667 on: February 20, 2019, 01:20:23 PM »
Miller is fuckin fat. Will come in at 23 stones the pie guzzler.

Online Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Believer
« Reply #59668 on: February 20, 2019, 01:32:03 PM »
Was that at Eubank Sr or me saying his son is European level? Which let's face it, he is.
In his dad's mind, He's Sugar Ray, Muhammad Ali and Jack Dempsey all rolled into one.
Eubank Snr sorry. It's embarassing.

Offline markmywords

• 2/10. Must try harder.
  • Kopite
« Reply #59669 on: February 20, 2019, 02:28:55 PM »
Miller is the first opponent to bring up the joshua weight explosion thing, which I have heard various body builders bring up down the yrs.  Made the back page various UK papers

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59670 on: February 20, 2019, 02:47:45 PM »
He's not and Fury has also mentioned it. Funny how Aj hasn't failed a test but Fury has.  ;D

Offline markmywords

• 2/10. Must try harder.
  • Kopite
« Reply #59671 on: February 20, 2019, 03:43:40 PM »
He's not and Fury has also mentioned it. Funny how Aj hasn't failed a test but Fury has.  ;D

Fury was the only boxer I know who went there, ( hence why I said opponent) however since fury failed a drugs test he has stopped pointing this out

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59672 on: February 20, 2019, 09:42:38 PM »
Fury was the only boxer I know who went there, ( hence why I said opponent) however since fury failed a drugs test he has stopped pointing this out

Eating boars bollocks, respect!

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #59673 on: February 20, 2019, 09:56:31 PM »
That press conference reminded me of Khabib v McGregor. He was talking so much shit to Khabib and in the end he got utterly smashed. I predict the same thing will happen here except Miller's fat head is going to bounce off the canvas multiple times, the fucking fridge

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59674 on: February 23, 2019, 08:22:11 AM »
Who have you guys got tonight? I like Eubank stoppage. Degale is done.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59675 on: February 23, 2019, 09:16:11 AM »

Agree mate. Eubanks win.

As you say mate. Stick a fork in him. Well Degale has a fork in him. He's done.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59676 on: February 23, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »

Don't see Jr stopping him, he doesn't hit hard enough especially at 168.

In reality JDG should give him a boxing lesson, but I don't know what he's got left. I'll probably put a few quid on JDG on points, but could be Jr late stoppage on a cut or injury or something like that.

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #59677 on: February 23, 2019, 10:31:47 AM »
I'd say Eubanks is more or less done as well, have we got another fork? No way is he testing the top dogs in this division.

Seen that Joe Joyce is fighting tonight as well, against Bermaine Stiverne. Even though he's been inactive, it's still quite a big step up for only his 8th fight.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59678 on: February 23, 2019, 11:13:38 AM »
Stiverne has come in at a career high 270. If he sees the 4th round I'd consider that a moral victory. Joyce ends it when he wants to

Hopefuully soon he can fight for title.Nothing wrong in collecting the Britsh title. He beats everybody at that level without too much bother

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59679 on: February 23, 2019, 11:19:42 AM »
They need to get a move on with Joyce, what is he 33/34? But he should get rid of Stiverne without too much trouble. Hope DeGale can turn back the clock, Eubank is way over hyped.