Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2559035 times)

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59520 on: January 17, 2019, 09:18:46 PM »
Canelo v Jacobs on May 4th, that's a brilliant fight.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #59521 on: January 18, 2019, 11:20:12 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7MNv4_rTkfU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7MNv4_rTkfU</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #59522 on: January 19, 2019, 03:29:11 AM »
Linares dropped 3 times and stopped in round one,wow.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59523 on: January 19, 2019, 08:10:07 AM »
Linares dropped 3 times and stopped in round one,wow.

That's the Lomachenko rematch out of the window then, didn't see that happening in a million years.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59524 on: January 19, 2019, 10:26:32 AM »
Just watched the Linares fight, didnt see that coming. He had a case of the Amir Khan, soon as he got hit he wanted to trade rather than cover up etc.
If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. - muhammad ali

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #59525 on: January 19, 2019, 10:31:26 AM »
Shakur Stevenson looking impressive again. Definite world title credentials.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59526 on: January 19, 2019, 11:28:45 AM »
Linares has always been vulnerable, and he was blasted out in a round before if I recall. Great fighter but there are always chinks in his armour. Surprising to see him get taken out by a guy who was almost getting towards journeyman status but that's boxing!

According to Ring Magazine, Wlad is discussing a three-fight deal with DAZN to come out of retirement. First fight against a no-mark, second against Fury, third against AJ. He is 43 in March, this is NOT a good idea! Although in fairness to Wlad, part of the deal involves DAZN making a large donation to UNESCO.

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #59527 on: January 19, 2019, 11:29:50 AM »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59528 on: January 19, 2019, 11:38:03 AM »
One of the worst stoppages I've ever seen https://twitter.com/RICO_Boxing1/status/1086557437413470208?s=19

Fucking Hell, 30 seconds left in the fight as well. That might take the record from my man Ian John Lewis stopping Enzo.

According to Ring Magazine, Wlad is discussing a three-fight deal with DAZN to come out of retirement. First fight against a no-mark, second against Fury, third against AJ. He is 43 in March, this is NOT a good idea! Although in fairness to Wlad, part of the deal involves DAZN making a large donation to UNESCO.

I don't think he beats Fury or AJ, especially not at 43. I'd take the Wilder route if I were him.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59529 on: January 19, 2019, 11:40:48 AM »
One of the worst stoppages I've ever seen https://twitter.com/RICO_Boxing1/status/1086557437413470208?s=19
Wow that is shocking!  :o  He was miles behind on the scorecards but still.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59530 on: January 19, 2019, 12:00:33 PM »
That ref bet on the fight to not go the distance.

Nothing will ever beat Enzo v Ovil though

Linares lost to a a former contender, shocked at that

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #59531 on: January 19, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »
Anthony Joshua opponent expected to be confirmed by Eddie Hearn next week
"I think you should get a decision next week," says promoter

By Tim Hobbs
Last Updated: 19/01/19 11:21am

Anthony Joshua's next opponent should be confirmed next week, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Joshua is scheduled to defend his world heavyweight titles at Wembley Stadium on April 13, with Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte and Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller all being linked with the British star.

Wilder and his team have been ordered by the WBC to open rematch talks with Fury following their controversial draw in December. Hearn insists there is "radio silence" from the 'Bronze Bomber', but he has spoken to Fury.

Whyte turned down the initial offer to become Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO challenger in April and with Brooklyn's Miller behind those three, the promoter is expecting to make an announcement in the next seven days.

"There is radio silence from Wilder, Fury we're talking to and Whyte we're talking to," he told DAZN.

"He (Whyte) has got his price tag, Anthony's got the price tag he wants to pay. It's a voluntary shot for Dillian Whyte, and part of me would love to see Anthony Joshua come to the States.

"'Big Baby' Miller is creeping into the top five right now. He's making some noise in America and to be a global star at some time, you have to fight in America.

"And to see Anthony Joshua fill up Madison Square Garden, with 21-22,000, that is a real statement of intent for a heavyweight world champion, for a Brit especially, so we'll see what happens.

"I think you'll get a decision next week. For me, if he can't get Wilder, Fury or Dillian, he must come to America and Jarrell would be at the front of that queue."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11611404/anthony-joshua-opponent-expected-to-be-confirmed-by-eddie-hearn-next-week

It'll be Miller won't it?   ::)

Offline Lee-87

• Believer
« Reply #59532 on: January 19, 2019, 02:12:46 PM »
That ref bet on the fight to not go the distance.

Nothing will ever beat Enzo v Ovil though

Linares lost to a a former contender, shocked at that

I had a bet on it to go the distance, would've only been waiting on Pacman points for 250, i was fucking livid last night, calling that ref for everything  :no

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59533 on: January 19, 2019, 02:47:28 PM »
Wow that is shocking!  :o  He was miles behind on the scorecards but still.

Id be checking betting patterns on that fight, and the refs phone records.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm. Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59534 on: January 19, 2019, 11:55:57 PM »
Anthony Joshua opponent expected to be confirmed by Eddie Hearn next week
"I think you should get a decision next week," says promoter

By Tim Hobbs
Last Updated: 19/01/19 11:21am

Anthony Joshua's next opponent should be confirmed next week, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Joshua is scheduled to defend his world heavyweight titles at Wembley Stadium on April 13, with Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte and Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller all being linked with the British star.

Wilder and his team have been ordered by the WBC to open rematch talks with Fury following their controversial draw in December. Hearn insists there is "radio silence" from the 'Bronze Bomber', but he has spoken to Fury.

Whyte turned down the initial offer to become Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO challenger in April and with Brooklyn's Miller behind those three, the promoter is expecting to make an announcement in the next seven days.

"There is radio silence from Wilder, Fury we're talking to and Whyte we're talking to," he told DAZN.

"He (Whyte) has got his price tag, Anthony's got the price tag he wants to pay. It's a voluntary shot for Dillian Whyte, and part of me would love to see Anthony Joshua come to the States.

"'Big Baby' Miller is creeping into the top five right now. He's making some noise in America and to be a global star at some time, you have to fight in America.

"And to see Anthony Joshua fill up Madison Square Garden, with 21-22,000, that is a real statement of intent for a heavyweight world champion, for a Brit especially, so we'll see what happens.

"I think you'll get a decision next week. For me, if he can't get Wilder, Fury or Dillian, he must come to America and Jarrell would be at the front of that queue."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11611404/anthony-joshua-opponent-expected-to-be-confirmed-by-eddie-hearn-next-week

It'll be Miller won't it?   ::)
Fuck it, it's Samie  ;D

I'm okay with Miller since Fury and Wilder are off the table. Only other semi-decent options would be granddad Ortiz or Pulev.

Offline jonkrux

• Kopite
« Reply #59535 on: January 20, 2019, 02:36:45 AM »
Anyone staying up to watch the pac - Broner fight? 
This Ruiz - Guevara has been awful thus far. Ruiz winning every round snooze fest.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59536 on: January 20, 2019, 06:22:14 AM »
Broner is lloking lkike a high level Kevin Johnson. All mouth no action. Pacman pissing this fight but Broner can do something if he ups workrate

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Believer
« Reply #59537 on: January 20, 2019, 06:35:00 AM »
No urgency or pressure at all from Broner. Pacman has this easily.

Offline jonkrux

• Kopite
« Reply #59538 on: January 20, 2019, 06:39:36 AM »
Pacman walked that.
Anyone see the cut on badou jack btw??😳

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Believer
« Reply #59539 on: January 20, 2019, 06:44:12 AM »
the state of Broner here...

Pacman walked that.
Anyone see the cut on badou jack btw??😳

that was brutal cut. Jack was a soldier to continue but the ref really should have stopped the fight 2 rounds earlier. Jack was never going to win.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59540 on: January 20, 2019, 09:46:03 AM »
The cut goes any deeper and we'd have seen Jack's skull, not good.

Broner is such a fucking idiot, anyone see his post fight interview? Utter bellend, guy tries too hard to be like a rapper. Great performance from Pacquiao but, it's only Broner. I don't think he'd do that well against Spence or Crawford.

Oh and I sincerely hope Pacquiao v Mayweather 2 doesn't happen. No interest in that whatsoever.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:07:36 AM by King.Keita »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59541 on: January 20, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »
Broner is such a fucking idiot, anyone see his post fight interview? Utter bellend, guy tries too hard to be like a rapper. Great performance from Pacquiao but, it's only Broner. I don't think he'd do that well against Spence or Crawford.

He was the real deal at 135 but ever since he moved up he's been a waste of space. Even Paulie beat him for me.

Online WhoHe

• Believer
« Reply #59542 on: January 20, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
Anyone staying up to watch the pac - Broner fight? 
This Ruiz - Guevara has been awful thus far. Ruiz winning every round snooze fest.
Highlights of this fight are on ITV4 UK at 11.20.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59543 on: January 20, 2019, 09:07:52 PM »
I thought Manny Pacquiao was good money for the win and that Broner only won the 4th round.

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59544 on: January 22, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »
Fuck it, it's Samie  ;D

I'm okay with Miller since Fury and Wilder are off the table. Only other semi-decent options would be granddad Ortiz or Pulev.

I ain't fighting him till he ups his kebab intake.  ;D 8)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59545 on: January 22, 2019, 03:36:52 PM »
I ain't fighting him till he ups his kebab intake.  ;D 8)

To be fair mate I think your Maltese belt is slightly more prestigious than the IBO, I'd hold out for 60/40...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59546 on: January 22, 2019, 04:07:08 PM »
Who do we think AJ will fight next?

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59547 on: January 22, 2019, 06:37:43 PM »
Who do we think AJ will fight next?

I thought Whyte but Miller looking the likeliest now

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59548 on: January 22, 2019, 07:01:32 PM »
I thought Whyte but Miller looking the likeliest now

Is Whyte still under Matchroom. Eddie talks about him like he isn't part of Matchroom now.

Plus again it would seem he can't make a fight happen with fighters  that are under him.

Yeah, I agree with you. Seems it will be Miller.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:07:50 PM by Fordy »

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59549 on: January 22, 2019, 07:51:05 PM »
Don't know about Whyte's contract but Hearn's got a bit of a problem with AJ now. Since Fury v Wilder he's no longer the only show in town so a fight in the States with Miller makes financial sense. Might be interesting for a few rounds?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59550 on: January 22, 2019, 08:46:49 PM »
I think Joshua fights Miller next, apparently Whyte has got a fight to fight deal with Eddie Hearn.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59551 on: January 23, 2019, 07:34:33 AM »
Yeah all signs point to him fighting Miller in the US. Seems like Fury and Wilder are going to be tied up for a while., and Whyte doesn't seem to want it.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59552 on: January 23, 2019, 11:46:19 AM »
Yeah all signs point to him fighting Miller in the US. Seems like Fury and Wilder are going to be tied up for a while., and Whyte doesn't seem to want it.

I'm not sure about Whyte not wanting it, I think AJ & Eddie Hearn have offered Whyte the fight with a small purse in the hope he says no and they have an excuse for going to the States and fighting Miller.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59553 on: January 23, 2019, 11:50:20 AM »
I'm not sure about Whyte not wanting it, I think AJ & Eddie Hearn have offered Whyte the fight with a small purse in the hope he says no and they have an excuse for going to the States and fighting Miller.

That's what I think.

Talk is that Joshua isn't even known in America that much and Fury is now a star over there.

Don't think Whyte will be under Hearn for much longer and the offer made to him would of been small knowing that a) Wembley won't be sold out b) Joshua hasn't broken America yet.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59554 on: January 23, 2019, 12:00:18 PM »

Possibly, or maybe they just think that Whyte will be mandatory soon enough and it makes sense to kill two birds with one stone in September.  Fury and Wilder will probably keep each other busy for the rest of the year.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59555 on: January 23, 2019, 02:41:33 PM »
That's what I think.

Talk is that Joshua isn't even known in America that much and Fury is now a star over there.

Don't think Whyte will be under Hearn for much longer and the offer made to him would of been small knowing that a) Wembley won't be sold out b) Joshua hasn't broken America yet.

Fury is a bigger name than Joshua in the US having fought there no doubt about it.

Possibly, or maybe they just think that Whyte will be mandatory soon enough and it makes sense to kill two birds with one stone in September.  Fury and Wilder will probably keep each other busy for the rest of the year.

I think the window to unify the titles is decreasing all the time, there's also talk that the WBO will mandate Usyk if he moves up.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59556 on: January 23, 2019, 03:14:41 PM »
Fury is a bigger name than Joshua in the US having fought there no doubt about it.

I think the window to unify the titles is decreasing all the time, there's also talk that the WBO will mandate Usyk if he moves up.

Yeah most of the orgs will make a champion an immediate mandatory if he steps up to the next weight, and Usyk has all 4, so he has the option to go straight in with AJ or the winner of Fury v Wilder if he wants.

I'd take a couple of Latvians first if I were him though.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59557 on: January 23, 2019, 04:58:05 PM »
Yeah most of the orgs will make a champion an immediate mandatory if he steps up to the next weight, and Usyk has all 4, so he has the option to go straight in with AJ or the winner of Fury v Wilder if he wants.

I'd take a couple of Latvians first if I were him though.
Not sure about that; the last Latvian he fought gave him hell  8)

He would be much better off fighting a solid contender. Someone like Breazeale. At least he knows if he has issues with fringe level HWs, he has no business getting in the ring with the contenders. Above all, he needs to fight someone who is about 6ft 6in and outweighs him. He needs to know what he is up against size wise. No sense fighting a Dave Allen type small and stocky heavyweight.

Breazeale, Pulev, or Parker are all the kinds of fight he needs.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59558 on: January 28, 2019, 11:42:15 AM »
George Groves has announced he's retiring from boxing

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59559 on: January 28, 2019, 03:06:52 PM »
Should've retired in front of 80k at Wembley.