Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2518848 times)

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59400 on: December 31, 2018, 05:37:52 PM »
There is no way he fought for just 9m....

Agreed, will be far more than that

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59401 on: December 31, 2018, 05:48:51 PM »
I thought this whole thing was supposed to be a publicity stunt for this Japanese fella so we'd all know who he was.  I'm not sure how getting KO'd by a retired 41 year old and then having a little cry about it in the corner helps him in that regard but I'm not a PR expert so what do I know...

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59402 on: December 31, 2018, 06:13:25 PM »
Mayweather won  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KABY19dOag
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Fighting a kickboxer in a boxing match, and the kickboxer was probably a Bantamweight by the look of him. Floyd has been an irrelevance for a while now but is a master at making money by finding enough suckers to pay to watch his schtick. Shame he is as bad at spending it as he is good at making it. Expect a few more of these fiascos before he finally calls time. I've zero complaints personally; can't stand the guy but I can't knock him. If people keep paying him for nonsense, why shouldn't he keep doing it?

On that note, I'm off to start a Twitter feud with him so I can eventually make a fight with him and go down in the first round at the first slight touch.  ;)

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59403 on: December 31, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

Fighting a kickboxer in a boxing match, and the kickboxer was probably a Bantamweight by the look of him. Floyd has been an irrelevance for a while now but is a master at making money by finding enough suckers to pay to watch his schtick. Shame he is as bad at spending it as he is good at making it. Expect a few more of these fiascos before he finally calls time. I've zero complaints personally; can't stand the guy but I can't knock him. If people keep paying him for nonsense, why shouldn't he keep doing it?

On that note, I'm off to start a Twitter feud with him so I can eventually make a fight with him and go down in the first round at the first slight touch.  ;)
First thing you need to do is put on a pair of boxing gloves and fishnets, then strike some silly poses. That'll get him to notice you.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59404 on: December 31, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »
First thing you need to do is put on a pair of boxing gloves and fishnets, then strike some silly poses. That'll get him to notice you.
I can say I'm McGregor's cousin seeking revenge.

Alternatively, six of us RAWKites can challenge him to beat Foreman's record of defeating five guys in under an hour. It happened about six months after losing to Ali and doesn't show up in his record. Incredibly, Ali was ringside, and spent the night taking the piss out of Foreman  :o

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #59405 on: December 31, 2018, 09:24:31 PM »
There is no way he fought for just 9m....
Poss up to $67 mill after pay per view...  :-X
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59406 on: December 31, 2018, 09:33:07 PM »
Embarrassment to the sport

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59407 on: December 31, 2018, 09:40:07 PM »
I read that if the guy had kicked him, he was liable for a 5 million dollar penalty.  There were very strict rules written in to the "fight."

What's Thunderlips doing nowadays  ::)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59408 on: December 31, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »

Fighting a kickboxer in a boxing match, and the kickboxer was probably a Bantamweight by the look of him. Floyd has been an irrelevance for a while now but is a master at making money by finding enough suckers to pay to watch his schtick.
I can only imagine the negotiation for that hot mess.

Promoter: We've got a big money fight for you. Easy money. A kickboxer.

Floyd: He can't kick.

Promoter: But he's a kickboxer?!

Floyd: Too bad. No kicking or no fight.

Promoter: Sigh. Ok.

Floyd: And he's gotta be over 75 years old. With arthritis & cataracts.

Promoter: I can't do that! No one will watch. How about young, but smaller and weaker than a 14 year old girl?

Floyd: Ok, let's do it. But he has to cry when he loses.

Promoter: But...

Floyd: No crying, no fight!

Online Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59409 on: December 31, 2018, 11:27:14 PM »
I can only imagine the negotiation for that hot mess.

Promoter: We've got a big money fight for you. Easy money. A kickboxer.

Floyd: He can't kick.

Promoter: But he's a kickboxer?!

Floyd: Too bad. No kicking or no fight.

Promoter: Sigh. Ok.

Floyd: And he's gotta be over 75 years old. With arthritis & cataracts.

Promoter: I can't do that! No one will watch. How about young, but smaller and weaker than a 14 year old girl?

Floyd: Ok, let's do it. But he has to cry when he loses.

Promoter: But...

Floyd: No crying, no fight!
Sounds like you were a fly on the wall  :lmao
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59410 on: January 1, 2019, 03:37:27 AM »
What was the fucking point in that? 2 stone lighter kickboxer not allowed to kick against one of the worlds most experienced boxer. At least with McGregor, Mayweather let it play out for a few rounds.
ďWe aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.ď Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59411 on: January 1, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »
Embarrassment to the sport

Why?

It's not an official contest.

Floyd got 9m for that. If someone wants to pay 9m for an exhibition match that Floyd knows he would piss then of course he would take it. He's all about the money.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #59412 on: January 1, 2019, 01:27:04 PM »
Why?

Floyd got 9m for that. If someone wants to pay 9m for an exhibition match that Floyd knows he would piss then of course he would take it. He's all about the money.

I agree with you.
Itís on no official record and they are always clear that it was nothing but an exhibition fight, ie, not competitive.

The fume from the boxing community is rediculous. I think perhaps, judging results such as wilder/fury and GGG/canelo are infinitely more embarrassing for boxing than Mayweather on his world tour.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #59413 on: January 1, 2019, 02:58:57 PM »
Why?

Because its ALL about money, its embarrassing in my opinion. Summed it up yourself, he's all about the money

Imagine taking on someone who doesn't even participate in your sport 'because money'.

Its my own opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree at all but for me moneys been ruining sport for some time now and its just getting worse. To me, that wasn't boxing, it was paying someone to act like a c*nt and literally laugh at the fact someone is stupid enough to offer that much money for something so ridiculous.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59414 on: January 1, 2019, 03:09:03 PM »
Don't get the fume, it's just an exhibition and this sort of thing used to be way more common. Ali went to Japan and fought a wrestler in an exhibition and I'm fairly sure money paid a part in that.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Believer
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #59415 on: January 1, 2019, 09:03:32 PM »
Was the highlight of my new years eve to be fair. Pissed myself laughing at the craziness of it all. Tenshin crying his eyes out was amazing.

Welcome to the big leagues son

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59416 on: January 1, 2019, 09:09:32 PM »
An exhibition it most certainly wasn't, it was just a quick money grab by Mayweather. A proper exhibition would be to allow Tenshin to use kicks and wear MMA gloves, that would've made it worth watching and competitive. But Floyd doesn't do competitive. Now there's talk of him wanting Khabib in a boxing match. Old man needs to piss off once and for all, sick of the guy at this point.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59417 on: January 1, 2019, 09:23:16 PM »

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Believer
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #59418 on: January 2, 2019, 02:18:43 AM »

Fixed as fuck

No it wasnít, if it was fixed they would have had their superstar look a little bit credible atleast , not an utter joke.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59419 on: January 2, 2019, 08:17:35 AM »
More fool anybody that keeps forking out for these Mayweather swan songs. Heís made a very good living out of boxing. Meanwhile his protege the 24 year old Gervonta Davis has fought twice in 18 months.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #59420 on: January 3, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »
James Degale v Chris Eubank Jr confirmed for February 23rd

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59421 on: January 3, 2019, 02:25:05 PM »
James Degale v Chris Eubank Jr confirmed for February 23rd

On PPV for some reason.  Cash out fight for DeGale, one of the most disappointing fighters of recent years.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Believer
« Reply #59422 on: January 3, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »
On PPV for some reason.  Cash out fight for DeGale, one of the most disappointing fighters of recent years.

PPV is laughable. Hope it falls flat on it's arse.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59423 on: January 3, 2019, 03:11:19 PM »
I thought he would become a real top-notch fighter. I know he is a world champion etc. but his career CV isn't too impressive. I can see Eubank 'winning' a controversial decision.

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #59424 on: January 3, 2019, 06:11:37 PM »
We'll be saying the same thing about Eubank Jr in a couple years time.

Online Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #59425 on: January 4, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
Looks like Khan's latest beating will be by Crawford in April

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #59426 on: January 4, 2019, 10:29:17 PM »
That's actually a more difficult challenge than Kell Brook so fair play. But then again, he's not known to be the sharpest tool in the shed and unfortunately for him, he's bound to get stopped. Crawford is a different level.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59427 on: January 4, 2019, 11:30:19 PM »
Looks like Khan's latest beating will be by Crawford in April

Khan bottling the Brook fight again then.

Crawford fight is less money and less appealing plus he will get smashed in yet again.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Believer
  • Main Stand STH
« Reply #59428 on: January 5, 2019, 12:05:35 AM »
If he does fight Crawford I hope thatís the end of the Khan-Brook will they/wonít they saga. Canít be arsed with it anymore.

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #59429 on: January 5, 2019, 12:20:02 AM »
Khan bottling the Brook fight again then.

Crawford fight is less money and less appealing plus he will get smashed in yet again.

Yep

Heís bottled it by fighting someone better
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #59430 on: January 5, 2019, 01:29:30 AM »
We'll be saying the same thing about Eubank Jr in a couple years time.
Not for me there was never anything to get excited about in the first place. British/European level fighter at best.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2019, 01:33:39 AM by dakid »

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #59431 on: January 5, 2019, 01:40:12 AM »
Yep

Heís bottled it by fighting someone better
I agree he has by fighting someone everyone knows will beat him including himself. He has nothing to lose as Crawford is on a different level. It means nothing to him or anyone else. But if he loses to Brook a fighter who is viewed is a less favourable light then his legacy drops down another notch and his pride dented.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Believer
« Reply #59432 on: January 5, 2019, 02:27:53 PM »
I have a theory that Khan is just trolling Fordy at this point. 

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #59433 on: January 5, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »
I agree he has by fighting someone everyone knows will beat him including himself. He has nothing to lose as Crawford is on a different level. It means nothing to him or anyone else. But if he loses to Brook a fighter who is viewed is a less favourable light then his legacy drops down another notch and his pride dented.

What legacy?

His legacy is exactly the same as Brooks legacy. Quite good boxer, very talented youngster who never lived up to the hype, wasted much of his career waiting for other fights. He probably is trolling at this point but honestly, running scared of Brook when heís fought guys like Canelo and Garcia? Nah.
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59434 on: January 5, 2019, 05:58:04 PM »
People talked for years about the Frampton/Quigg fight and when it did happen it was shit. Not bothered about Khan/Brook happening and don't think you can question Amir's bottle.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59435 on: January 6, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »
People talked for years about the Frampton/Quigg fight and when it did happen it was shit. Not bothered about Khan/Brook happening and don't think you can question Amir's bottle.

Agreed on Khan, I have always said he will fight anyone, this is all about the other nonsense such as weight, money, A side etc

It will get made or both of them have huge asterixí on their careers

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #59436 on: January 6, 2019, 07:18:07 PM »

What legacy?

His legacy is exactly the same as Brooks legacy. Quite good boxer, very talented youngster who never lived up to the hype, wasted much of his career waiting for other fights. He probably is trolling at this point but honestly, running scared of Brook when heís fought guys like Canelo and Garcia? Nah.
I never said he was scared of Brook.

It's like us playing United in a CL final or Juventus. It hurts to lose both bit it hurts and means so much more to lose to United your local rival. You would prefer not to meet United  in the final but your not running scared of meeting them. I think he is bottling facing Brook but not afraid of him either just the outcome were he to lose.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59437 on: January 6, 2019, 07:57:39 PM »
I never said he was scared of Brook.

It's like us playing United in a CL final or Juventus. It hurts to lose both bit it hurts and means so much more to lose to United your local rival. You would prefer not to meet United  in the final but your not running scared of meeting them. I think he is bottling facing Brook but not afraid of him either just the outcome were he to lose.

It's the same thing. He's not afraid of getting hurt, he's afraid of losing. Either way, Eddie Hearn will have a job selling this when Khan gets whacked off Crawford

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59438 on: January 6, 2019, 08:58:10 PM »
It's the same thing. He's not afraid of getting hurt, he's afraid of losing. Either way, Eddie Hearn will have a job selling this when Khan gets whacked off Crawford

If Khan fights Crawford then the Brook fight isn't happening.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59439 on: January 6, 2019, 09:09:16 PM »
If Khan fights Crawford then the Brook fight isn't happening.

Dont underestimate Hearn mate, he sold Bellew v Haye twice on PPV