Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2606614 times)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59160 on: December 2, 2018, 09:42:43 AM »
Fury won the 3 of 4 of the first 4 rounds, arguably won all 4.

Had Fury winning 115 to 111 at the end of it. He clearly clearly won the fight and being the champion doesn't give you a head start. The fight should be judged round by round not in the wider context.
ďIf Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.Ē - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59161 on: December 2, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »
I think Wilder might be more interested in AJ now. He took a gamble that he could catch Fury while he was still washed up, and nearly lost his golden ticket. If I was him I would cash in now instead of the rematch.

It seems like Fury is back in top shape now, after looking awful in his previous fight.  Wilder probably banked on him not being quite as good last night, but even so, he still could've knocked him out in the 12th.

They are clearly the top three heavyweights in the division.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2018, 10:15:14 AM by Red-Soldier »

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59162 on: December 2, 2018, 10:03:48 AM »
Not enough credit goes to Fury by the haters for his ability to nullify his opponents best asset and shut down their punch output. People expected Wilder to constantly throw punches but as he found out tonight it's not easy to land on Tyson and he'll make you miss. He completely out boxed Wilder even at 70% and if it weren't for him becoming complacent this would have been a shut out.

I hope the rematch is in England but somehow I don't see it happening. Having said that an English ref would have waived the fight off after seeing Fury stationary for a few seconds.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59163 on: December 2, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »
No doubt about that Hardwork. No doubt at all.

Fury must be a real puzzle to solve inside the ring but Wilder did drop him twice. If this guy could just be hypnotised into throwing straight shots he would be so much more dangerous. Also can't come in that light again.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59164 on: December 2, 2018, 11:02:06 AM »
Sounds like it was a good fight.  Thought it would be.

Fury is one tough fighter, getting up from the deck in the 12th.  I'd like to see them both fight AJ.

Fury's much fitter than he looks, dont remember a recovery like that since Larry Holmes got up from an Ernie Shavers bomb.

I think a rematch over here would do well then I'd love to see Fury v AJ although I'd expect Eddie Hearn's got other ideas (Whyte then Usyk) Real shame about the judges earlier, a Fury win would have put a lot of public pressure on Joshua to make the fight.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #59165 on: December 2, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »
Just watched

Boxing is completely fucked. 115-111 ?

What I dont get is how nothing is said just everyone moans and gets on with it. Itís the clearest case of corruption youíll see and itís just accepted ?
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall

Mitch Hedberg

Online robbed 1966 yorkies from kids' selection boxes

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59166 on: December 2, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »
Gobby Manc gets robbed of a title win  :thumbup

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #59167 on: December 2, 2018, 11:24:04 AM »
Just watched

What I dont get is how nothing is said just everyone moans and gets on with it. Itís the clearest case of corruption youíll see and itís just accepted ?

Link ?

Offline The King with the Keita the sherry cabinet.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59168 on: December 2, 2018, 11:32:33 AM »
Just watched

It's so common that everyone just complains for a bit then moves on to the next fight. Corruption runs rife in boxing, it's a dirty sport.

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #59169 on: December 2, 2018, 11:35:54 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tfvr0xdDr4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tfvr0xdDr4</a>

What a character :lmao :lmao

Online Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #59170 on: December 2, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »
Fury's much fitter than he looks

And he still has some way to go, he can still loose one stone to be at his best weight. Yet, it was Wilder who gassed out in the end, and increased stamina from Fury might have sent Wilder to the ground.

Regarding the outcome, I had two or three rounds on my card that could have gone either way. Assuming they would have gone to Wilder, I have 114-112 Wilder as a final score. Anything between this score and 115-111 Fury is believable, so a draw is fine with me. I donít know what fight that Mexican fella has been watching.

Iíd watch a rematch. Wilder was more at ease in the end of the fight, and now that he knows what Fury is like, he can work on it.

But man, Tyson Fury knows boxing.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59171 on: December 2, 2018, 12:28:57 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tfvr0xdDr4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tfvr0xdDr4</a>

:lmao :lmao

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #59172 on: December 2, 2018, 12:46:25 PM »
Sounds like Stevenson is in a bad way in hospital.
Just seen that.

Critical condition, The knockout was brutal how his head snapped back.

Hope he pulls through.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59173 on: December 2, 2018, 12:48:11 PM »
Anybody know of a link to just the fight even download .?

Offline Keita Success

• Then he saw his face - now he's a rebeliever!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #59174 on: December 2, 2018, 01:02:52 PM »
Anybody know of a link to just the fight even download .?
Just search Wilder vs Fury full fight, that's how I found it (my link is down now).

I've long posted about how much I love Fury in this thread and I'm so pleased for the guy. Outboxed Wilder. Think the first knock-down was a bit unlucky, more a loss of balance than Wilder's punch. But my God Fury is a 6' 9" ballerina.
Champions League preview found here: https://bit.ly/2S7UfQy

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Believer
« Reply #59175 on: December 2, 2018, 01:06:21 PM »
Basically the fight was determined in a boardroom sometime in the previous 3 months. When a massive fight in the US goes to the judges you might aswell be watching WWE
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #59176 on: December 2, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »
If I was Eddie Hearn I would make it a condition that the Joshua v Wilder fight takes place in this country. He'll have massive doubts like us all that if the fight was to happen in the US and goes to the scorecards, Wilder will get it irrespective of how Joshua performs on the night. I still cannot get over the Mexicans scorecard.  ::)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59177 on: December 2, 2018, 01:08:09 PM »
Basically the fight was determined in a boardroom sometime in the previous 3 months. When a massive fight in the US goes to the judges you might aswell be watching WWE

UK is no better. It's not called 'British stoppage' for nothing

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59178 on: December 2, 2018, 01:33:15 PM »
UK is no better. It's not called 'British stoppage' for nothing

Yeah if it was in the UK then Fury would have been stopped.

Moaning about corruption in here but a draw is not a terrible result. I had Fury by one round but that's with one even. Give that to Wilder and it's a draw. Give one other to Wilder and he won.

The Mexican scorecard was terrible but I'm fine with the result.

Offline 10 years on

• Believer
« Reply #59179 on: December 2, 2018, 01:34:09 PM »
If I was Eddie Hearn I would make it a condition that the Joshua v Wilder fight takes place in this country. He'll have massive doubts like us all that if the fight was to happen in the US and goes to the scorecards, Wilder will get it irrespective of how Joshua performs on the night. I still cannot get over the Mexicans scorecard.  ::)
No way that fight would go the distance surely

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59180 on: December 2, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »
Made up for Fury and look forward to the rematch.

Wilder does have a dig on him though!

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59181 on: December 2, 2018, 01:54:38 PM »
It's so common that everyone just complains for a bit then moves on to the next fight. Corruption runs rife in boxing, it's a dirty sport.

Has to be dealt with now

Was ok when it was just on sky. But these are huge months long production pay per view events now. Youíre cheating people

£20 please, oh and £20 again 6 months later ta. Canít go on
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall

Mitch Hedberg

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Believer
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #59182 on: December 2, 2018, 01:54:58 PM »
Itís politics-esque how everyone is outraged for a bit, collective attention span moves on and then is shocked at the next shambolic scorecard.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59183 on: December 2, 2018, 01:55:15 PM »
Was having a facebook convo with a friend of a friend who said dubois would kick wilders ass now.  :o

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59184 on: December 2, 2018, 02:00:28 PM »
Fury robbed  , some comeback from the knock down in the 12th .

2 huge punches to put Fury down but to get up from that and nearby take wilder out 30 secs later

Had fury winning all but 4 rounds
« Last Edit: December 2, 2018, 02:03:56 PM by rocco »

Offline chalky52

• Main Stander
« Reply #59185 on: December 2, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »
Sounds like Stevenson is in a bad way in hospital.

Looks like Karma caught up with Stevenson don't often wish hurt on other people but if anyone deserves to be in that position it is him.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59186 on: December 2, 2018, 02:03:32 PM »
Itís politics-esque how everyone is outraged for a bit, collective attention span moves on and then is shocked at the next shambolic scorecard.

Much like politics the people who should be investigating it stand to gain a lot from what happened

So it falls to the great unwashed to bitch about it

Mitch Hedberg

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59187 on: December 2, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »
Is there a reason why boxers are treated so much better in the public eye than athletes when it comes to failing drug tests. Canelo, Fury, Whyte, Ortiz and probably countless others. You'd almost forget they failed tests. It is quite a curious phenomenon for me

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #59188 on: December 2, 2018, 02:26:54 PM »
Think the last few round ring rust kicked him. Don't forget he been out for 3 years and then the massive weight drop. Tyson should be a lot better in rematch

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59189 on: December 2, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »
He (Fury) seems a bit different to how he was before his comeback.  Liked his words at the end of this piece to BT Sport.

https://twitter.com/BTSportBoxing/status/1069159894987784193
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59190 on: December 2, 2018, 03:18:25 PM »
Is there a reason why boxers are treated so much better in the public eye than athletes when it comes to failing drug tests. Canelo, Fury, Whyte, Ortiz and probably countless others. You'd almost forget they failed tests. It is quite a curious phenomenon for me

I agree.

It's just brushed off in boxing, compare that to athletics.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Believer
« Reply #59191 on: December 2, 2018, 03:21:21 PM »
What a fix that was. How the f*** could you have Wilder by 4 on your scorecard??? Insane.

Offline The King with the Keita the sherry cabinet.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59192 on: December 2, 2018, 03:58:04 PM »
Looks like Karma caught up with Stevenson don't often wish hurt on other people but if anyone deserves to be in that position it is him.
Seen a bit on this on Twitter, what's he done? I know he did time for being a pimp but what else?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59193 on: December 2, 2018, 04:45:45 PM »
Seen a bit on this on Twitter, what's he done? I know he did time for being a pimp but what else?

Apparently he put a knife to a woman's anas and said either this knife or a dick is gonna be put in. Alleged. Don't think he was convicted on this
It's referring to that. Some of his alleged crimes are horrific tbf but I don't wish this on anyone

Offline chalky52

• Main Stander
« Reply #59194 on: December 2, 2018, 06:08:51 PM »

A difficult read below details some of his actions

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/1rsp7b/disturbing_article_on_adonis_stevensons_criminal/

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Believer
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #59195 on: December 2, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »
AJ defence isn't half as good as Fury's so wilder is a legit threat on this fight

Very true. Also goes the other way, Fury doesn't punch as hard as AJ does. But you can't use this fight as proof that AJ beats either.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59196 on: December 2, 2018, 07:31:18 PM »
Very true. Also goes the other way, Fury doesn't punch as hard as AJ does. But you can't use this fight as proof that AJ beats either.

Exactly. And whilst they are still around lets just fight and find out

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59197 on: December 2, 2018, 09:00:09 PM »
Exactly. And whilst they are still around lets just fight and find out

Is right! come on AJ and lets see

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Believer
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #59198 on: December 2, 2018, 09:23:51 PM »
No robbery imo

It could ave gone either way, I personally had it as a draw too. Them two 10-8 rounds were big for Wilder.

Online ABZ Rover

• Believer
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #59199 on: December 2, 2018, 10:19:17 PM »

Fukin loon but great fun!
96 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!