Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2897644 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #58760 on: November 11, 2018, 07:20:01 AM »
So glad Bellew got beat.

Apart from him being a bit of a gobshite, after every victory he had you had Evertonians claiming it as some sort of victory for their club.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #58761 on: November 11, 2018, 08:08:10 AM »
Bellew better than I thought , had it even on points even if not knocked out he would have lost on points the way it was going .
Can’t say I was impressed with Usyk to be honest.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58762 on: November 11, 2018, 09:54:37 AM »
Brutal knockdown. Finnally Bellew gets smashed down.

However, have to admit Hearn managed him well and Bellew improved massively.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester
  • Believer
« Reply #58763 on: November 11, 2018, 10:02:28 AM »
By the end it was hard to tell if bellew wanted to fight Usyk or fuck him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58764 on: November 11, 2018, 10:07:51 AM »

;D

It was a bit much

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #58765 on: November 11, 2018, 10:29:51 AM »
Yeah he reminded me of DC after his KO defeat to Jones in the UFC. He was a mess after the fight, impressive stuff from Usyk though.
That was weird to watch, DC didn't have a clue what happened. Same with Stipe Miocic after he got knocked out by DC. Joe Rogan actually lobbied to the UFC to stop interviewing fighters who had been brutally knocked out, they should apply that same rule in boxing. Bellew was seeing stars last night and they made him do a national interview for fucks sake

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #58766 on: November 11, 2018, 10:47:48 AM »
Bellew has never been good, he may have been the best of a poor bunch but he's nowhere near an elite fighter.

Maybe some have lowered the bar so far that his performances have been acceptable to them?

Apologies but I have higher standards

Bellew outboxed possibly the best cruiserweight of all time and a P4P top 3 fighter for 4 rounds, I'm no Bellew fan but the kid can box he just got tired.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Gaz123456

• Believer
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Mortgage Advisers
« Reply #58767 on: November 11, 2018, 10:56:27 AM »
Can't deny Bellew's guts, he just cam up against a genuine world class fighter and came up short - no disgrace in that.

He should not be tempted with any comebacks though.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58768 on: November 11, 2018, 11:04:49 AM »
Bellew outboxed possibly the best cruiserweight of all time and a P4P top 3 fighter for 4 rounds, I'm no Bellew fan but the kid can box he just got tired.

For me Usyk was boxing in second gear and as soon as he stepped up Bellew was outclassed then got knocked out with utter class.

Bellew wasn't in his league mate.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58769 on: November 11, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
Somebody get that Evertonian to a doctor!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58770 on: November 11, 2018, 11:31:11 AM »

That's great mate but boxing matches take place over 12 rounds. Usyk was cautious for the first couple, only throwing ones and twos, then once he'd worked him out by the end of the third it was plain sailing.

Typical Evertonian though, 'but we won the first 3 rounds' ;D

Wonder when the DVD of that first 8 minutes will be out.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #58771 on: November 11, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
That's great mate but boxing matches take place over 12 rounds. Usyk was cautious for the first couple, only throwing ones and twos, then once he'd worked him out by the end of the third it was plain sailing.

I'm a casual boxing fan and only watch the bigger fights but that was my take on it also.  Bellew started fairly well but it seemed pretty clear that Usyk had a plan to just work his way into the fight and was never in any danger.
The commentary was laughable, thankfully Paulie was there to try and add a bit of balance.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #58772 on: November 11, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »

Typical Evertonian though, 'but we won the first 3 rounds' ;D

Wonder when the DVD of that first 8 minutes will be out.
Absolutely correct. Many superior fighters lose a couple of the early rounds to inferior opposition before working them out and winning with ease. That's exactly what happened last night. Bellew could fight Usyk 20 times and never come close to winning. McGregor looked 'competitive' with Mayweather for a few rounds FFS  ;D It means very little.

I'm a casual boxing fan and only watch the bigger fights but that was my take on it also.  Bellew started fairly well but it seemed pretty clear that Usyk had a plan to just work his way into the fight and was never in any danger.
The commentary was laughable, thankfully Paulie was there to try and add a bit of balance.
The commentary was embarrassing and they looked as sad as Martin Tyler when United lose at the end. Paulie solidifying his status as one of the best pundits around. Stepped in and gave an honest assessment when they rest were blowing smoke up our arses.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #58773 on: November 11, 2018, 11:55:51 AM »
Absolutely correct. Many superior fighters lose a couple of the early rounds to inferior opposition before working them out and winning with ease. That's exactly what happened last night. Bellew could fight Usyk 20 times and never come close to winning. McGregor looked 'competitive' with Mayweather for a few rounds FFS  ;D It means very little.
The commentary was embarrassing and they looked as sad as Martin Tyler when United lose at the end. Paulie solidifying his status as one of the best pundits around. Stepped in and gave an honest assessment when they rest were blowing smoke up our arses.
Case in point Canelo v Khan.

Canelo lost the first few rounds,but once he got the range and worked out Khan they was only going to be one outcome and it was devastating just like last nights fight with Usyk.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58774 on: November 11, 2018, 12:26:04 PM »
All valid points.

Usyk backed his engine to prevail, did very little early doors but got the finish which is what mattered. Highlight reel stoppage

Offline Spezialo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #58775 on: November 11, 2018, 02:39:24 PM »
Is Bellew's head still spinning?

Usyk didnt really look troubled

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58776 on: November 11, 2018, 06:57:15 PM »
Lovely to see Bellew get a good spanking, I won’t lie 😂
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Bakez0151

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58777 on: November 12, 2018, 04:51:29 PM »
I have given Bellew plenty of grief in the past, but he's a local lad who has had an amazing career and really loves boxing. Never ducked a challenge and surprised plenty of people along the way. Everyone I know wanted him to do it for the city. Wasn't to be but absolutely no shame in that loss.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
« Reply #58778 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:10 PM »

It was only fair that he returned the offer
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline livewiresaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Believer
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #58779 on: November 12, 2018, 10:20:56 PM »
I have given Bellew plenty of grief in the past, but he's a local lad who has had an amazing career and really loves boxing. Never ducked a challenge and surprised plenty of people along the way. Everyone I know wanted him to do it for the city. Wasn't to be but absolutely no shame in that loss.

Yep, sums it up for me. I know he has been a gobshite and done some daft stuff in the past, but fair play to him getting out now, no shame in losing to uysk at all.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #58780 on: November 13, 2018, 12:14:10 AM »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Garry_LFC

• Believer
« Reply #58781 on: November 13, 2018, 12:51:44 PM »

British, Commonwealth, European, World champion and financially secured himself and his kids for life. Not many get that so fair play to him. Hope he sticks around the punditary side of things for Sky.

Offline Spezialo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #58782 on: November 14, 2018, 08:17:49 AM »
Eddie Hearn wants GGG as first choice to fight Callum Smith

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58783 on: November 14, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »
Eddie Hearn wants GGG as first choice to fight Callum Smith

Hopefully at Anfield.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Believer
« Reply #58784 on: November 14, 2018, 02:09:08 PM »
So, Mikey Garcia and Errol Spence is official... Looking forward to it.

The size difference is MASSIVE, though.

78292226-8-CAF-40-A1-A61-D-1-E628162-C696" border="0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 02:11:37 PM by Samio »

Offline puroresu_kid

• Believer
« Reply #58785 on: November 14, 2018, 06:13:25 PM »
Mikey is too small. Spence will stop him late.

They u must be really struggling to sell Wilder v Fury tickets. You can now get them via groupon

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58786 on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:19 PM »

They u must be really struggling to sell Wilder v Fury tickets. You can now get them via groupon

Had a quick look on the website, there's entire blocks available and they haven't even opened the top tier. What's the betting that there's a sudden injury incoming...

As for Spence v Garcia, great fight and I would have said Garcia easy until I saw that picture.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Believer
« Reply #58787 on: November 14, 2018, 07:23:26 PM »

Woucher UK selling packages.

https://www.wowcher.co.uk/deal/travel/9461464/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-499

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #58788 on: November 14, 2018, 08:47:20 PM »
So, Mikey Garcia and Errol Spence is official... Looking forward to it.

The size difference is MASSIVE, though.

78292226-8-CAF-40-A1-A61-D-1-E628162-C696" border="0

Official records has them 3.5” different so don’t know whether Errol is wearing a nice pair of Cuban heels in that picture or Mikey is in flip flops but Spence looks closer to half a foot taller in that picture.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Believer
« Reply #58789 on: November 14, 2018, 09:07:21 PM »
Official records has them 3.5” different so don’t know whether Errol is wearing a nice pair of Cuban heels in that picture or Mikey is in flip flops but Spence looks closer to half a foot taller in that picture.

The weight is going to be the kicker. Even with a rehydration clause which the IBF has Spence will come into the ring over 160lbs.  Mikey come weigh in won't even touch 147 so maybe 150lbs in the ring. Minimum he will be giving up is 10lbs.  Spence is a great body puncher and I just don't see how Mikey can keep stop Spence walking him down and breaking him up.

Mikey at 140lbs vs Broner and Lipinets you could see his punches never had the same amount of pop. I give him props for taking this fight and challenge but Spence is just too big and good for a smaller guy like Garcia.

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #58790 on: November 14, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
Fight doesn’t really interest me. Mikey is great and better than Spence pound for pound but has no business at that weight. Spence is a huge welter too. If you are going to go to weights you shouldnt be at you then you really need some freakish athletic gifts and that’s not what Mikey is about.

Should be Loma v Mikey and Spence v Crawford but this is boxing so here we are.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58791 on: November 14, 2018, 11:40:26 PM »
Garcia getting badly beaten up in this. Should have been looking at lomachenko, much better chance of beating him

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58792 on: November 15, 2018, 08:46:40 AM »
Like Lusty, I gave Garcia a decent chance because he is a much better boxer than Spence. However, I can't believe the size difference! It looks as if there is at least two full weight classes of a differential!  :o

Honestly, Brook didnt look much smaller than GGG and even the size difference between Khan and Canelo wasn't as vast. Garcia will outbox Spence in spots but is getting TKO'd at some stage sadly.

At the same time, kudos to him for daring to be great. IF he pulls it off, he becomes P4P #1 without question. Rumour has it that his team tried to talk Mikey out of taking the fight; he'll probably wish he had listened.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #58793 on: November 15, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »
Can't argue that Mikey doesn't have the grapefruits, he's looking to make a name for himself and you can't begrduge him for that. But this is a step too far, he should have looked at Shawn Porter or Danny Garcia, neither who would ko him but would still prove a great challenge.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #58794 on: November 15, 2018, 09:29:04 PM »
Like Lusty, I gave Garcia a decent chance because he is a much better boxer than Spence. However, I can't believe the size difference! It looks as if there is at least two full weight classes of a differential!  :o

Honestly, Brook didnt look much smaller than GGG and even the size difference between Khan and Canelo wasn't as vast. Garcia will outbox Spence in spots but is getting TKO'd at some stage sadly.

At the same time, kudos to him for daring to be great. IF he pulls it off, he becomes P4P #1 without question. Rumour has it that his team tried to talk Mikey out of taking the fight; he'll probably wish he had listened.

Defo not a ‘much better boxer’

Spence is the real deal too

I love Mikeys kahoona’s though I have to say

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58795 on: November 15, 2018, 09:36:55 PM »
So Fury has now got Freddie Roach and Ricky Hatton in his corner as well as Davison?

This kind of thing is never a good sign.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58796 on: November 16, 2018, 07:38:19 AM »
Garcia is too one paced to trouble Spence and his power won't carry up. He also looked for a way out against Salido in my opinion so not sure how he gonna react to Spence bringing the heat. This won't be pretty

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58797 on: November 16, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »
Garcia is too one paced to trouble Spence and his power won't carry up. He also looked for a way out against Salido in my opinion so not sure how he gonna react to Spence bringing the heat. This won't be pretty
That's harsh; Salido is a fucker to fight; just ask Loma!

Defo not a ‘much better boxer’

Spence is the real deal too

I love Mikeys kahoona’s though I have to say
I'm gonna disagree here. I don't rate Spence that highly. I would heavily back Crawford to box his ears off.

Don't get me wrong. Spence is a very good fighter, but not the Elite level talent people think he is. I've been wrong many times before  ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:30:02 AM by 1892tillforever »

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #58798 on: November 17, 2018, 05:36:24 PM »
Hope Kerman puts on a show tonight and gives that lazy twat Gavin an absolute hammering. Thought he'd give it his all for one last shot at the big time but evidently not.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #58799 on: November 17, 2018, 07:26:41 PM »
That's harsh; Salido is a fucker to fight; just ask Loma!
I'm gonna disagree here. I don't rate Spence that highly. I would heavily back Crawford to box his ears off.

Don't get me wrong. Spence is a very good fighter, but not the Elite level talent people think he is. I've been wrong many times before  ;D

I think he has the potential to win the lot at 147 maybe just short of beating Bud but that’s no shame on him or anyone, Crawford is probably P4P #2!